Jay-Z Disrespects Robert De Niro

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
17325 pageviews
221 comments

rock249 8 heat pts
space
space
$530 | Props total: 8 8
Jay-Z Disrespects Robert De Niro

[pic - click to view]

http://www.nypost.com/p/p .. 04bQNRNhttp://

Robert De Niro and Jay-Z got into a tense beef at Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday bash the other night, when De Niro called the rapper disrespectful, Page Six can exclusively reveal.

Spies say “Godfather II” and “Taxi Driver” star De Niro gave Jay a dressing-down in a roomful of celebs including Martin Scorsese because the rap mogul had refused to return De Niro’s calls.

Sources add that Jay tried to joke his way out of the situation, and even his wife, Beyoncé, tried to intervene, but De Niro wouldn’t back down.

“Bob was sitting at a table, and when Jay-Z went over to say hello, De Niro told Jay that he never called him back,” a source says.

A spy then overheard De Niro complaining to the rapper, a fellow TriBeCa resident, about a song Jay-Z agreed to record for the Tribeca Film Festival. De Niro had reached out to discuss further details, but Jay never returned his calls.

“Bob wasn’t in any mood to make polite conversation,” the spy says. “He told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn’t matter who you are, that is just rude.”

When Jay-Z tried to make a joke of it, saying he is terrible on the phone, a source says, “De Niro kept telling him that he thinks he’s the man, but that he was disrespectful.’ ”

“Beyoncé came over, but that didn’t calm Bob down,” the source said, adding that afterward, “It was the talk of the party. Everyone was saying there’s only one star in New York bigger and badder than Jay-Z, and that’s Robert De Niro. He can be quite scary when he’s angry.”

But a source close to De Niro told us, “It was a low-key private conversation between two people that was apparently overheard. It was not a heated discussion.”

The Darby bash, which sources say ended at 5 a.m. with a tab of nearly $3 million, much of which went to the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, drew Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx, Chris Rock, Jonah Hill, Edward Norton, Mark Ruffalo and Emma Watson.

Reps for both De Niro and Jay-Z declined to comment.

221 comments for "Jay-Z Disrespects Robert De Niro"

5 years ago '08        #2
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,553 | Props total: 17209 17209
Illuminati bi*ches bickering
 5 years ago '05        #3
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,245 | Props total: 8913 8913
I'm trying to figure out how I should respond to this thread............
 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM         #4
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another instance where the white man feels the negro should stop what he's doing and run at his every command. My mother would call me numerous times and I'd be so busy that I'll put it off until I'm settled. She gives me a look but understands the life of an adult can be hectic. Who the hell this devil think he is? I guess all those mob roles got him thinking he's an actual Capo. His plugging of a black woman must make him think we don't still view him as a devil...foh...
 5 years ago '07        #5
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 1051 1051
too much flossing, too much sam rothstein
 5 years ago '10        #6
frank23white 
space
space
$552 | Props total: 4 4
 JayDee11 said:
Another instance where the white man feels the negro should stop what he's doing and run at his every command. My mother would call me numerous times and I'd be so busy that I'll put it off until I'm settled. She gives me a look but understands the life of an adult can be hectic. Who the hell this devil think he is? I guess all those mob roles got him thinking he's an actual Capo. His plugging of a black woman must make him think we don't still view him as a devil...foh...
You are an idiot. I'm not even going to explain to you why I think that.
 5 years ago '09        #7
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,241 | Props total: 19349 19349
Jay not picking up the phone for De Niro? fu*kin De Niro but he quick to suck off Obama every chance he get's
 5 years ago '07        #8
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,901 | Props total: 1244 1244
He still aint give Beanie Sigel that conversation either
 5 years ago '04        #9
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 JayDee11 said:
If it was the other way around and Deniro didn't return Jay's calls you'd be saying " Another instance where the White man is blatantly disrespecting the Negro by blowing him off and treating him like an unimportant piece of shyt "

Jay promised to do a song for something, over a course of time the song wasn't getting done so Deniro tried to call to see what was up and Jay can't even return one out of six calls ?? even just to say " Hey man, Im kinda busy right now, give me some time ". No one is saying he had to drop everything and get the song done but you cant at least take 30 seconds to return the call, and isn't this Hova who does songs in 15-20 minutes anyways ??

but Jay's always been the "beat around the bush/ignore a problem hoping it goes away" type of guy. I remember when Cam said he asked him to do a video for "Welcome to New York" and instead of saying Yes or No Jay just said " I gotta go downstairs real quick, be right back" and left the building and never came back. Dude has a long history of just blowing shyt off and ignoring it when he doesn't want to deal with it.

Common courtesy is to take 2 seconds to tell someone Yes/No/Not Yet/Later. To blow someone off that you're working with and leave them waiting on you with no reply is some arrogant shyt regardless of who's doing it. If you're busy, take 5 seconds to pick up the phone & tell them you're busy, no contact at all is saying more than " I'm busy " it's saying " I dont give a phuck about you enough to even keep you in the loop". Why would you want to work with someone like that ??

Last edited by psylence2k; 11-15-2012 at 10:54 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #10
bqstudios 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,966 | Props total: 1918 1918
Maaan i dont fu*k with the ny post after this. cant get with this story

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #11
noverum 
space
space
$2,876 | Props total: 1654 1654
I can't deny that if somebody agreed on some sort of favour or deal with me, and I called them a few times as a follow-through to the agreement without ever getting a response, I'd interpret that as an insult and wouldn't be too friendly if I ever came across them in person.

Can't follow through? Then don't give your word; at the very least, show some respect by being humble and by communicating to the other party the fact that you're going to reneg.

If this story is completely true, then De Niro is in the right. Jay Z failed to both honour his word and show respect to the other party.

Last edited by noverum; 11-15-2012 at 10:53 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #12
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,445 | Props total: 25117 25117
 JayDee11 said:
...Thanks To This Comment. Let The Race War Crack Off.
 11-15-2012, 10:54 AM         #13
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
robert deniro thirsty for jay's attention

black ppl win again
 5 years ago '05        #14
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
if the story is somewhat accurate i feel Bob here. you agreed to do something, you dont do it (he didnt do it right) and the person you said you were going to do it for calls you and you dont pick up or call back? grimey n*ggas do grimey things
 5 years ago '05        #15
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,245 | Props total: 8913 8913
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Thanks To This Comment. Let The Race War Crack Off.
hmmmm ...........1st page
 5 years ago '09        #16
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
jayz pretty fu*ked up guy i mean dam if deniro calls u aleast call him back
 5 years ago '04        #17
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,214 | Props total: 2114 2114
 5 years ago '08        #18
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
Oh god first page... Don't fu*k with Rupert Pupkin hov he's real.
 5 years ago '12        #19
noverum 
space
space
$2,876 | Props total: 1654 1654
 Minister said:
robert deniro thirsty for jay's attention

black ppl win again
So holding somebody to their word is a victory? You hold low standards for yourself.
 11-15-2012, 10:59 AM         #20
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
If it was the other way around and Deniro didn't return Jay's calls you'd be saying " Another instance where the White man is blatantly disrespecting the Negro by blowing him off and treating him like an unimportant piece of shyt "

Jay promised to do a song for something, over a course of time the song wasn't getting done so Deniro tried to call to see what was up and Jay can't even return one out of six calls ?? even just to say " Hey man, Im kinda busy right now, give me some time ". No one is saying he had to drop everything and get the song done but you cant at least take 30 seconds to return the call, and isn't this Hova who does songs in 15-20 minutes anyways ??

but Jay's always been the "beat around the bush/ignore a problem hoping it goes away" type of guy. I remember when Cam said he asked him to do a video for "Welcome to New York" and instead of saying Yes or No Jay just said " I gotta go downstairs real quick, be right back" and left the building and never came back. Dude has a long history of just blowing shyt off and ignoring it when he doesn't want to deal with it.

Common courtesy is to take 2 seconds to tell someone Yes/No/Not Yet/Later. To blow someone off that you're working with and leave them waiting on you with no reply is some arrogant shyt regardless of who's doing it.
I have never met you or had any kind of in-depth conversations with you so please don't try to create a scenario depicting my reactions. Save that caucasian spin for another caucasian. Jayz doesn't owe Robert Deniro a second of his time. As a man, who I a.ssume is well in his 60s and has been around the entrrtainment business for decades, he should understand this simple concept. Confronting a man in a disrespectful tone, over something that's not owed to you, is asinine and grounds for an a.ss whipping. Don't talk to me about common couresty when the story would have never even broke had Deniro pulled him completely away from the crowd and voiced his frustration in a respectful manner. That's how you deal with people who don't owe you sh*t. Lastly, I can't speak on how Jay-z conducts business or addresses problems. I never dealt with him directly and I'm sure as hell not foolish enough to believe what comes out of another rapper's mouth...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy