Nov 15 - Ron Paul's Last Speech to Congress: 30+ Strangely Ordered Questions

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
5541 pageviews
87 comments

SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,229 | Props total: 1219 1219
Nov 15 - Ron Paul's Last Speech to Congress: 30+ Strangely Ordered Questions

The longtime legislator, doctor and three-time presidential candidate is retiring at year's end.

On Wednesday, Ron Paul stood on the floor of the House of Representatives, where he has spent 23 years, to deliver his last speech to the body prior to his impending retirement at year's end.

[video - click to view]

His sprawling, poorly organized, deeply principled remarks lasted nearly 48 minutes. The video is above. A transcript is here. "He wrote this speech out and read it, not his usual style," Brian Doherty explained at the libertarian magazine Reason. "For my taste, the extemporizing Ron Paul of the campaign trail is a little more appealing, but this was still a good and important talk." It is basically impossible to summarize it, but reading through the successive questions Rep. Paul posed during one particularly engaging stretch is a pretty good way to get a flavor of his full remarks.

Here they are in the order he asked them:
  • Why are sick people who use medical marijuana put in prison?
  • Why does the federal government restrict the drinking of raw milk?
  • Why can't Americans manufacturer rope and other products from hemp?
  • Why are Americans not allowed to use gold and silver as legal tender as mandated by the Constitution?
  • Why is Germany concerned enough to consider repatriating their gold held by the FED for her in New York? Is it that the trust in the U.S. and dollar supremacy beginning to wane?
  • Why do our political leaders believe it's unnecessary to thoroughly audit our own gold?
  • Why can't Americans decide which type of light bulbs they can buy?
  • Why is the TSA permitted to abuse the rights of any American traveling by air?
  • Why should there be mandatory sentences--even up to life for crimes without victims--as our drug laws require?
  • Why have we allowed the federal government to regulate commodes in our homes?
  • Why is it political suicide for anyone to criticize AIPAC ?
  • Why haven't we given up on the drug war since it's an obvious failure and violates the people's rights? Has nobody noticed that the authorities can't even keep drugs out of the prisons? How can making our entire society a prison solve the problem?
  • Why do we sacrifice so much getting needlessly involved in border disputes and civil strife around the world and ignore the root cause of the most deadly border in the world-the one between Mexico and the US?
  • Why does Congress willingly give up its prerogatives to the Executive Branch?
  • Why does changing the party in power never change policy? Could it be that the views of both parties are essentially the same?
  • Why did the big banks, the large corporations, and foreign banks and foreign central banks get bailed out in 2008 and the middle class lost their jobs and their homes?
  • Why do so many in the government and the federal officials believe that creating money out of thin air creates wealth?
  • Why do so many accept the deeply flawed principle that government bureaucrats and politicians can protect us from ourselves without totally destroying the principle of liberty?
  • Why can't people understand that war always destroys wealth and liberty?
  • Why is there so little concern for the Executive Order that gives the President authority to establish a "kill list," including American citizens, of those targeted for a.ssassination?
  • Why is patriotism thought to be blind loyalty to the government and the politicians who run it, rather than loyalty to the principles of liberty and support for the people? Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong.
  • Why is it is claimed that if people won't or can't take care of their own needs, that people in government can do it for them?
  • Why did we ever give the government a safe haven for initiating violence against the people?
  • Why do some members defend free markets, but not civil liberties?
  • Why do some members defend civil liberties but not free markets? Aren't they the same?
  • Why don't more defend both economic liberty and personal liberty?
  • Why are there not more individuals who seek to intellectually influence others to bring about positive changes than those who seek power to force others to obey their commands?
  • Why does the use of religion to support a social gospel and preemptive wars, both of which requires authoritarians to use violence, or the threat of violence, go unchallenged? Aggression and forced redistribution of wealth has nothing to do with the teachings of the world's great religions.
  • Why do we allow the government and the Federal Reserve to disseminate false information dealing with both economic and foreign policy?
  • Why is democracy held in such high esteem when it's the enemy of the minority and makes all rights relative to the dictates of the majority?
  • Why should anyone be surprised that Congress has no credibility, since there's such a disconnect between what politicians say and what they do?
One needn't agree with the premise of every question to conclude that the United States - and especially its most unjustly treated citizens - would be better off if more legislators were grappling with them.

[pic - click to view]

Ron Paul's Last Speech to Congress: 30+ Strangely Ordered Questions - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

The American people really had the chance to change things, actual change.. Obamamaniacs, even if y'all think his ideas were radical, or if you really bought into the whole racism thing, gotta give him props for standing by his morals since day 1. I'll always respect someone who sticks by their principles, unlike many politicians we know. Viva La Revolucion, I admire your work Mr. Paul. Farewell.

87 comments for "Nov 15 - Ron Paul's Last Speech to Congress: 30+ Strangely Ordered Questions"

5 years ago '12        #2
noverum 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 1654 1654
The legacy that this man has left on the American political environment will still be felt thirty years from now, when the many waves of his youthful support rise into prominent positions throughout the system. He is truly a living legend.
 11-15-2012, 02:45 AM         #3
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ron Paul is the realist politician I've ever witnessed. Its a shame the media purposefully ignored him and the establishment is threatened by his actions and ideas.

One day America will realize what a great man Dr. Paul was. Too many sheep are still blind, watching ESPN all day.

Thank you Dr. Paul for all the wisdom you have bestowed. The modern day Thomas Jefferson.
 11-15-2012, 03:20 AM         #4
freshwala 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man I love Ron Paul, the guy is so real and clued up, I wonder how long it will be until another man like him gets into a simmilar position to which he was in....

One of the only politicians who was in it to help his country rather than to make that money.

Hopefully he will keep spreadin that knowledge even after his retirement.
 5 years ago '05        #5
autoraptronix 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,521 | Props total: 279 279
 noverum said:
The legacy that this man has left on the American political environment will still be felt thirty years from now, when the many waves of his youthful support rise into prominent positions throughout the system. He is truly a living legend.

[pic - click to view]

Ron Paul is the guy at the bar who memorizes 30+ pickup lines...and says them all.

His legacy is his rant attacking the Civil Rights Act - the #1 thing that stopped voter suppression laws that would've kept MILLIONS of minorities from voting this election.

He'll be remembered as a 50s era throwback and a good used car salesman.

Last edited by autoraptronix; 11-15-2012 at 08:48 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #6
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,860 | Props total: 25606 25606
Ron paul >>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
 5 years ago '05        #7
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8392 8392
one of those questions should have been "who wrote those racists things in my newsletter"
 5 years ago '07        #8
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #9
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434

it's a sad day when a man who gave 39yrs to bettering this country can't f!ght anymore because the systems at work are too big to overcome.
 5 years ago '09        #10
messy marv stan 4530 heat pts4530
space
space
$53,714 | Props total: 66475 66475
he told the truth all during his legendary career

the farewell speech basically ethered the entire imperialist federal goverment
 5 years ago '07        #11
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,631 | Props total: 16725 16725
Where was all the paulbots in the GMO thread?
 5 years ago '11        #12
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,375 | Props total: 3810 3810
Man, he definitely saying some interesting things here. I was on his team in 2008, but I saw him back down from a lot of his beliefs when confronted. Since I can't tell if he just can't say anything because of the dangers that come with being real, or if he's just another lying sonofabi*ch, I've had to stop following him.

But he has still made way more sense than the other candidates, easily!
 5 years ago '09        #13
messy marv stan 4530 heat pts4530
space
space
$53,714 | Props total: 66475 66475
if the powers that be didnt install ther choice of leader and the election process was fair and not fixed then ron paul would be the president...he wouldnt be bowing down to any corporate interest puppeteers like romney and obama do
 5 years ago '07        #14
space
space
Lmao @ these paulbots thinking he is perfect and sh*t. I like Ron Paul but let's not act like his policies are flawless. Some would do nothing but help the people with people.

Ron Paul doesnt believe forced labelling of GMO(keep eating that cancer paulbots), he supports unlimited campaign contributions(so a bill he supports one of the main problems of money I'm politics CitU), he'd allow comcast, att and other ISPs control over the internet(goodbye bx), his policies would increase social inequality and greater discrimination. But he'd allow you to smoke weed! He was a better choice than Romney though.
 5 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 CadillacVyse said:
Lmao @ these paulbots thinking he is perfect and sh*t. I like Ron Paul but let's not act like his policies are flawless. Some would do nothing but help the people with people.

Ron Paul doesnt believe forced labelling of GMO(keep eating that cancer paulbots), he supports unlimited campaign contributions(so a bill he supports one of the main problems of money I'm politics CitU), he'd allow comcast, att and other ISPs control over the internet(goodbye bx), his policies would increase social inequality and greater discrimination. But he'd allow you to smoke weed! He was a better choice than Romney though.
um first off the forced labeling of GMO foods got shot down by numerous states. This could be due to large financial contributions by corporations to many senators. However it's not his fault it didn't pass and you don't know the exact details of the bill so you will be eating cancer either way and will never know why he voted no.

He did vote for unlimited campaign contributions WITH FULL DISCLOSURE! Which is better than what we have now. In regards to the internet, he voted to keep goverment out of it and not give them power to control it. Sounds good to me!

And lastly he has always been a champion of civil liberties and equality. adjusting the penalties for drug use so that it does not discriminate against particular races. As well as many other votes to increase racial and s3xual equality.

So if you want to stay riding Obama while he systematically dismantles our constitution, still giving corporations more and more rights over citizens, expanding wars, etc. then that's on you.

But really, it just sounds like you're trying to find any excuse to hate on RP when the majority of society knows, he was the last true representative of the people.
 5 years ago '07        #16
space
space
Ron Paul voted no on GMOs because Ron paul believes in as little government as possible. And the fact of the matter that govt does have a role in our society.

Making sure food is accuratel labelled makes sense. Limiting campaign contributions > > unlimited with disclosure(the less money in politics the better!). RP voted against net neutrality! Fact!

Im hating on the paulbots that say hr is the last hope...gtfoh!

All ppl on this site agree about civil liberties. But who here has been to a town hall meeting, talked to a representative, reach out to or tried to get into govt?

Do more that be a keyboard activist! Be the catalyst!
 5 years ago '07        #17
space
space
 BlackRepub85 said:
I actually had 3 representatives from my home state on speed dial. When I had a problem I was about to go directly to them. Surprisingly, they didn't get many people trying to contact them. One the local reps where I used to live was only a year older than me. He used to go to college functions, steps shows and just hang out, no agenda, just chilling with the people. Most of the people there didn't even believe he was their rep.
Props for actually voicing your opinion. If we had more ppl holding politicians responsible this country would be in much better shape.
 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM         #18
killya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ron Paul was good up till the 2012 election process...bull sh*tting and being Romneys secret weapon...his son is a piece of sh*t...
 5 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 CadillacVyse said:
Ron Paul voted no on GMOs because Ron paul believes in as little government as possible. And the fact of the matter that govt does have a role in our society.

Making sure food is accuratel labelled makes sense. Limiting campaign contributions > > unlimited with disclosure(the less money in politics the better!). RP voted against net neutrality! Fact!

Im hating on the paulbots that say hr is the last hope...gtfoh!

All ppl on this site agree about civil liberties. But who here has been to a town hall meeting, talked to a representative, reach out to or tried to get into govt?

Do more that be a keyboard activist! Be the catalyst!
I agree GMO should be labeled. I'm not denying that. But I'm also not denying that there is major financial influence in political decisions.

Net Neutrality is government intervention of the internet so of course RP would vote against that.

And I think you'd be surprised how many people are involved in their own state politics, town halls, etc. Anyone who actually goes would know how many people care this strongly about it.
 5 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 TB said:
soooooo they just gonna act like yall didn't make these posts huh?
because simple minded people are preoccupied with race and none of that actually contributes to the conversation. Paul's history and voting record has shown otherwise.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy