Nov 14 - Romney Blames Loss On Obama Promising Gifts To Minorities And Young Voters

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
99 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
6584 pageviews
140 comments

Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Nov 14 - Romney Blames Loss On Obama Promising Gifts To Minorities And Young Voters

A week after losing the presidential election to President Obama, Mitt Romney blamed his overwhelming electoral loss on what he said were big “gifts” that the president had bestowed on loyal Democratic constituencies — including young voters, African Americans and Hispanics.

In a conference call Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the “old playbook” of wooing specific interest groups — “specially the African American community, the Hispanic community and young people,” Mr. Romney explained — with targeted gifts and initiatives.

“In each case they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,” Mr. Romney said.

“With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift,” he said. “Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents’ plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008.”

The president’s health care plan, he added, was also a useful tool in mobilizing African American and Hispanic voters. Though Mr. Romney won the white vote with 59 percent, according to exit polls, minorities coalesced around the president in overwhelming numbers — 93 percent of blacks and 71 percent of Hispanics voted to re-elect Mr. Obama.

“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free health care, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity, I mean, this is huge,” he said. “Likewise with Hispanic voters, free healthcare was a big plus. But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group.”

In the 20-minute call —which also featured an appearance by Neil Newhouse, the campaign’s pollster, Spencer Zwick, the national finance chairman, and Mason Fink, the finance director — Mr. Romney was by turns disappointed and pragmatic, expressing his frustration that he’d failed to defeat President Obama on Election Day.

“I’m very sorry that we didn’t win,” he said on the call. “I know that you expected to win, we expected to win, we were disappointed with the result, we hadn’t anticipated it, and it was very close but close doesn’t count in this business.”

He continued: “And so now we’re looking and saying, ‘O.K., what can we do going forward?’ But frankly we’re still so troubled by the past, it’s hard to put together our plans from the future.”

He added half jokingly that the close-knit group, which excelled in fundraising but was ultimately unable to propel Mr. Romney into the Oval Office, could even help with “perhaps the selection of a future nominee — which, by the way, will not be me.”

“We’re looking to see how we go forward with an effort to maintain a connection between all of us, to meet perhaps annually, and to keep in touch with a monthly newsletter or something of that nature, and to stay connected so that we can stay informed and have influence on the direction of the party,” he said.

Still, Mr. Romney, ever the data-driven former consultant, offered a brief post-mortem analysis of where he and his campaign had fallen short. Last Wednesday and Thursday, he had convened informal what-went-wrong sessions in his Boston headquarters, where he and a small team of senior advisors pored over the numbers with Mr. Newhouse. And on the call, Mr. Romney also echoed a theme from the campaign trail, saying that while the Mr. Obama “made a big effort on small thing,” his message had been about “big issues.”

“Our campaign, in contrast, was talking about big issues for the whole country —military strategy, foreign policy, a strong economy, creating jobs and so forth,” he said. “And by the way, as you’ll hear from Neil, our strategy worked well with many people, but for those who were given a specific gift, if you will, our strategy did not work terribly well.”

On the call, described as a “spin and grin” by someone who dialed in, Mr. Romney also made sure to thank his national finance team.

“I know how much work you did,” he said, at the outset. “It is not easy to do what you did, all the calls, all the efforts, all of the organizational work, the fundraisers you hosted. It was well beyond anyone’s expectation and I appreciate it very deeply.”

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Romney Blames Loss on Obama's 'Gifts' to Minorities and Young Voters - NYTimes.com

140 comments for "Nov 14 - Romney Blames Loss On Obama Promising Gifts To Minorities And Young Voters"

5 years ago '07        #2
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,197 | Props total: 19841 19841
Yeah because I'm sure the dudes who gave him millions of dollars didn't "want things". Its only young people and minorities, the big oil companies he let write his energy policy, they didn't want anything either. The gop is dying.
 5 years ago '07        #3
space
space
 regulate said:
These people (modern day republic*nts) are an abomination. Thank God that breed of dirty, delusional, racist old white men is quickly dieing out.

And another thing I'm noticing. All these different articles mention Obama got 90% of Black vote & 71% of Latino vote. Why no mention of Asians? He got 73% of the Asian vote in this country....could it be because the Asian demographic is the only one that collectively earns more than whites?

Change is definetely here....
and from what I know, Asians usually vote for Republicans, at least they did in 2004.
 5 years ago '11        #4
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
All those Hispanics and black people in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Iowa caused them to turn blue

Oh wait
 5 years ago '04        #5
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 781 781
yea, how dare obama make it easier for students to pay for their college education and keep their healthcare extended from their parents coverage
 5 years ago '07        #6
space
space
 Venom said:
yea, how dare obama make it easier for students to pay for their college education and keep their healthcare extended from their parents coverage
god damn commie
 5 years ago '04        #7
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 regulate said:
These people (modern day republic*nts) are an abomination. Thank God that breed of dirty, delusional, racist old white men is quickly dieing out.

And another thing I'm noticing. All these different articles mention Obama got 90% of Black vote & 71% of Latino vote. Why no mention of Asians? He got 73% of the Asian vote in this country....could it be because the Asian demographic is the only one that collectively earns more than whites?

hmm that's interesting. I haven't thought about that but it makes sense.

I think Romney is in denial of the fact that the majority of people think he's a slick, rich, out of touch, special interest influenced, lobbyist owned, buffoon and that's why people didn't vote for him.

I mean I have no clue how anyone could actually stand up for this guy. Yea he's a business man. A successful business man at that. But completely wrong to lead a country.
 5 years ago '12        #8
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,107 | Props total: 15569 15569
Man I hate this whole notion that Universal Health Care is some type of "government handout" (Ironically, the states that received the most of these "handouts" are the states that voted for Romney.) I don't care who you are, Universal Health Care should be a fully guaranteed human right.

Last edited by CosbySweater; 11-14-2012 at 06:17 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #9
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,255 | Props total: 12510 12510
romney you lost just give the president your 12 million job idea...let me guess you don't have it.
 5 years ago '06        #10
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 NoTitleSince73 said:
Yeah because I'm sure the dudes who gave him millions of dollars didn't "want things". Its only young people and minorities, the big oil companies he let write his energy policy, they didn't want anything either. The gop is dying.
 regulate said:

5 years ago '10        #11
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Politricks said:
romney you lost just give the president your 12 million job idea...let me guess you don't have it.
Dude never really had an idea

12 Million jobs was the number that was forecasted for job growth though out the recovery in the next 4 years, no matter who won..

Romney just took that number and ran with it.

The reason both parties wanted this race so bad is because whoever won got to preside over the recovery...

Republicans were hoping to have Obama do all the dirty work in his first 4 years, then they would take over and reap the benefits and praise..
 5 years ago '07        #12
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,033 | Props total: 30288 30288
Nah, it wasn't the fact that he threw 47% of the country under the bus

It was the fact that he took both sides of every issue

It was the fact that he lost women, the largest demographic, by 30 points

It wasn't the fact that he went to a latino rally in "orange face"

It wasn't the $5 trillion tax, which he could not explain, then denied he even mentioned

.... nope! It was none of that. It was n*ggas.... and young n*ggas
 5 years ago '12        #13
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,438 | Props total: 942 942
 5 years ago '07        #14
space
space
oh and another tidbit Mittens is ignoring. People over the age of 55, voted for Romney. We spend 7 times more on that age group than we do on young people. d!ckhead.
 5 years ago '10        #15
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Romney tried to throw a curve ball but the internet has got these boxden folks on their P's and Q's
 5 years ago '05        #16
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,600 | Props total: 2501 2501

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #17
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,745 | Props total: 4941 4941
uhh how about the MAJORITY of his voters who were white ? ... these racists ... i swear
 5 years ago '11        #18
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
I'm tired of the right side continuing to blame the loss on some ridiculous idea that people feel like they are going to get free things. Maybe, just maybe, It's because you are not a candidate that I believe can do the best for this country. Nooo, it has to be that I want free sh*t. Bunch of fu*king pricks
 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM         #19
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the right still doesn't get it.
 5 years ago '05        #20
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Lighto said:
Ok so if its not for getting stuff why did u vote for Obama? I mean there major differences are based on economic policies. The only other reason I've heard is gay marriage. Thing is tho Romney was going to give a bunch of stuff to ppl too.
Nothing is free though since the American ppl get the bill either brought taxes or inflation.
dont you contradict yourself in this post? you say people voted for obama because he was giving away free stuff, then say that romney was going to give a bunch of stuff to people too.

i didnt vote for romney because he didnt really give me a reason to, simple as that. really his whole campaign was just saying "vote for me because im not obama". forget about the free stuff (because its pretty irrelevant to me personally) what reason did romney give people (specifically non-whites) to vote for him?

i would rather have obama as president because i have parents, they are getting up there in age. i cant have the president getting rid of medicare and social security, and even though romney kept saying he wouldnt cut them, he wouldnt say what he would cut to lower the deficit while at the same time giving tax cuts. i could go on with a whole laundry list of reasons i couldnt vote for romney, and i dont receive any handouts or free stuff or gifts

Last edited by StateProperty88; 11-14-2012 at 10:03 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy