Nov 13 - Paul Ryan "I lost because of the ‘URBAN’ Vote"

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM         #81
sirjaybee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Was he talkin about the 47%
 5 years ago '10        #82
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 Got Cheeve? said:
As oblivious and fu*ked up as the GOP is, I think it's just as scary that all you guys are falling head over heels in love with the Democratic party. Like this is a sporting event or something. It's pretty disturbing. The Democrats have A LOT of sh*t wrong too. They just don't seem overtly insane like the Republicans. But check the policies. Check the results. Not a good sign.
Very UNDERRATED post here
 5 years ago '04        #83
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,961 | Props total: 11711 11711
 NO RELIGION said:
Time for Wisconsin to secede from the union like Texas.
 5 years ago '04        #84
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,961 | Props total: 11711 11711
Some dumb sh*t being posted in this thread tho
 11-14-2012, 08:00 AM         #85
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ha! I wonder what the conspiracy zealots on here have to say about this? According to them, no one's vote counted and the presidency was pre-determined. Per the post-elections reactions and comments made by the GOP, sounds like they weren't aware of these theories.....

Also, can we now start calling White men minorities? Funny how they blame minorities for Obama winning by the majority of the votes. How does that make sense?
 5 years ago '08        #86
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,212 | Props total: 8638 8638
this thread is full of fail
 5 years ago '07        #87
PurpleKush 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,435 | Props total: 2191 2191
This dude was banging black chick all thru out college...He use to get it in ohIO
 11-14-2012, 08:59 AM         #88
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dlettern said:
Ha! I wonder what the conspiracy zealots on here have to say about this? According to them, no one's vote counted and the presidency was pre-determined. Per the post-elections reactions and comments made by the GOP, sounds like they weren't aware of these theories.....

Also, can we now start calling White men minorities? Funny how they blame minorities for Obama winning by the majority of the votes. How does that make sense?
Actually white women have been the majority for a little while now, I think since World War II (obviously due to white men dying overseas.) Actually, now that I think about it, probably since the Civil War. White men have been next, and thus a minority since we're breaking it into sub groups and not just by race.
 5 years ago '09        #89
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,824 | Props total: 17890 17890
What he should have said is...

I won all of the "red neck" vote
[pic - click to view]

Some of the "rich" vote
[pic - click to view]

The vote of a few decent people who believed my bullsh*t
[pic - click to view]

And the vote of 1 dumb black bi*ch
[pic - click to view]

BUT

I didnt win America's vote because they were too smart to buy my bullsh*t...
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by bigscore; 11-14-2012 at 09:35 AM..
 11-14-2012, 09:24 AM         #90
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought it was pretty funny actually how Romney was supposed to be this great businessman and economic guy yet he remained relatively vague about his economic plans and instead had his VP give his own plan and basically said, "Yeah, that's my plan too... what he said."

Good job Mittens.

For real though, American politics is so sad now. We're fu*ked (and no, not just Obama, even if Romney won.)
 11-14-2012, 09:48 AM         #91
downsouthmane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The people who say this sh*t are funny. If the "urban" (code word for black...which is ironic considering deep south, mostly rural states have the highest % of blacks) vote meant anything, states like Mississippi (37% black), Louisiana (32% black), and Alabama (26% black) would have went for Obama.

It all comes down to Conservative Vs. Liberal WHITE votes. Blacks are 12-13% of the population....we dont swing sh*t that much.

I guess it was the "Urban" Vote that won places like Oregon, Washington (state), Iowa, etc. whtere that "Urban" vote is less than 6% of the state's population lol.
 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM         #92
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 downsouthmane said:
The people who say this sh*t are funny. If the "urban" (code word for black...which is ironic considering deep south, mostly rural states have the highest % of blacks) vote meant anything, states like Mississippi (37% black), Louisiana (32% black), and Alabama (26% black) would have went for Obama.

It all comes down to Conservative Vs. Liberal WHITE votes. Blacks are 12-13% of the population....we dont swing sh*t that much.

I guess it was the "Urban" Vote that won places like Oregon, Washington (state), Iowa, etc. whtere that "Urban" vote is less than 6% of the state's population lol.
Good post. The other thing to point out, is that blacks are moving out of the cities more and more these days and whites are moving back in (the whole white flight phenomenon.) So urban areas are becoming more white again (with obvious exceptions in historically black cities.) Places like D.C. even are becoming more white. We already know about Brooklyn with the white hipsters. All gentrification. It even happened in my little city of Fort Myers. I actually lived in the pre-fabricated project they built outside of downtown for mostly blacks and hispanics when they gentrified downtown and the whites moved back in. They segregated that motherfu*ker big time though The part I lived in was a little white & asian and mostly hispanics. The entire rest (like 3/4s) was black. But then again, my county was the last country in the U.S. to end segregation It's even named after Robert E. Lee the Confederate general (Lee County, Florida.)

5 years ago '11        #93
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 noverum said:
Edit : Sorry about the very long post. At some point I got lost in it.

It has to be recognised that the Republicans didn't have all the chess pieces fall their way this last election. It's only been four years since George Bush's mediocre two-term presidency ended. On top of that, incumbents have a great record of consolidating their position, so as vulnerable as Obama's presidency may have appeared, he had history on his side. If the Republicans ever did have a chance of winning this election, that possibility was an indictment of the Democrat's reign; but statistically, it's no shock that he pulled through in the end.

You keep bringing up policies, but Republicans have always campaigned in support of views that most 'moderates' would consider extreme; that is a manifestation of the philosophies that they inherit. The very intuition born from conservative philosophy is to hold on to the ideas that have proven successful before and to resist those that threaten to destabilise their steady platform. That often results in the party attempting to disseminate ideology that may appear outdated to other members of a society that keeps moving forward - and aging ideas may even appear 'extreme' as they gets left behind by all but the most vehement party loyalists. It's important to note, however, that such behaviour has never stalled the party's political momentum for very long in the past.
The critical question is whether a growing and evolving voting demographic is going to force the Republicans to remodel some ideology and abandon others - principles that have served them well for decades / centuries - or whether they'll be able to maintain tradition and be carried by the tide into prominence and power in time, as they've always done. It is certainly a challenge that they've not had to face on such a scale before.

Establishing a clearer picture of the effects of all influential variables won't be possible until after the next election. Despite your insistence on ideological positions being the cause, as far as I'm concerned, it's simply not possible to deduce at this point in time how much of an influence the remnants of the 'Yes We Can' election campaign had on public consciousness, how much of an effect the ever-changing voting demographic has had on the outcome, how much of the ideas that have served Republicans before are beginning to fail them, and how many of their relatively new solutions to new challenges have been rejected by the public.

It's entirely plausible that if the Republicans were to run an identical election to that which they just ran in four years time, they would end up winning. The Democrats would be reaching the end of an 8 year term under a single leader, and the change in historic odds could supplement a Republican campaign and swing all the necessary votes required for a conservative victory in their favour. If that were to happen, then they would be able to both retain their 'extreme' views and have the means to enforce them.

It's also possible that you're right, and that the total sum of their policies is a negative one, that too many principles are outdated, extreme and generally incompatible with modern America. Worse, if you compound that with Paul Ryan's deduction of a growing anti-Republican contingent amongst voters, then you'd have an archaic ideology met by a growingly intolerant voting public. In which case, they would have no choice but to change, or forever be cast aside by a liberally-orientated population.

The point is, it's simply too early to tell. You have to understand that what may appear as ignorance to Democrats translates as wisdom to many Republicans. There are polarising philosophies at work.
To many Democrats, Republicans are intolerant, lethargic dinosaurs, obstacles to collective human endeavour - slow to adapt, lagging in their progression - their values that of bigotry, harmful to the rights of minorities and inhibitive to the evolution of civilisation.
To Republicans, Democrats are like pretentious children with ADHD in the pages of a national history spanning centuries; rash to latch onto untested ideas at the expense of the safety of nationalistic principles, their moral-elitism bigoted and a threat to traditional wisdom, their keenness for the future a lack of respect for a proud history.

If you want to know why people like Paul Ryan refuse to yield to the suggestion that core principles must change in order for the party to succeed, it's because they trust their conservative nature; they respect the wisdom of their forefathers, and they will wait until all other theories are exhausted before making a transition.

You may not relate to their mentality, but I believe that liberals need conservatives and their backwards mentality just as much as conservatives need liberals and their impulsive ways. A society overrun by liberals is a dangerously volatile one; just as a society overrun by conservatives stagnates to oblivion.
Yea, a long post. I'll try to address most of it

I wouldn't say history was on Obama's side. An employment number this high usually spells doom for an incumbent. The economy was the main issue, but the democrats did a good job of pivoting from the economy to the extremists in the party.

I think you're under the impression that I hate the Republican party. That's not true. I hate what the Republican party has become. The left needs the right and the right needs the left. It helps both parties come to the middle to agree on things. The GOP always will hold conservative principles, but it's no secret the Tea Party took the party to the extreme right.

The Tea Party was able to mobilize voters by getting them angry with rhetoric that is easily defeated with a simple Google search. The President was born in Africa. All Muslims are terrorists. All compromise is bad. The Tea Party brought the deficit to the forefront of the argument, which is good, but the other things it brought hurt the GOP in the end.

Since the Tea Party had a lot of power, GOP candidates tried to cater to them to win the nomination during the primaries. This catering led to the taking of extreme positions. Abortion wasn't bad in most cases anymore. Abortion was bad in ALL cases. Illegal immigrants weren't bad in most cases anymore. Illegal immigrants were bad in ALL cases. Government wasn't bad in some cases anymore. Government was bad in ALL cases. Compromise wasn't bad in most cases anymore. Compromise was bad in ALL cases. The GOP didn't take these extreme positions in the past. THey always left some middle ground. They didn't agree with gay marriage but they supported civil union. They thought our borders should be secure but they agreed on a path to citizenship. They believed in the sanctity of life, but believed there was exceptions. The new GOP doesn't believe in the middle ground on anything. It's extreme right on every position and that's what lost them the election.

Mitt tried to pivot back to the middle after his nomination, but the damage was already done. It's not the 1980's anymore, people have internet. People will remember when they can easily access it from YouTube. He couldn't get out of the GOP primaries without taking extreme positions. There's a lot of people against raising taxes, but saying no to 1 dollar in revenue to 10 dollars in spending cuts is an extreme position.

The President was vulnerable, very vulnerable. The GOP let it slip away by catering to the extreme elements in their base. The electorate is changing. The white vote no longer makes up 90% of the vote. You can't alienate everybody else and expect to win. It's not an anomaly. You can't win on extreme positions on everything.
 5 years ago '05        #94
bi0 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,587 | Props total: 1142 1142
The People really need to put Paul Ryans Political career on ice
 5 years ago '05        #95
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46 OP
space
space
$10,187 | Props total: 8491 8491
My first Hot Topic
 5 years ago '11        #96
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 MemphBleek05 said:
My first Hot Topic
You only got this hot topic because of the urban vote
 5 years ago '05        #97
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46 OP
space
space
$10,187 | Props total: 8491 8491
 Kadillac87 said:
You only got this hot topic because of the urban vote
Dat Urban Vote
 5 years ago '11        #98
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
Smh the fact he won't admit it just make it worse dumb fu*ks
 5 years ago '08        #99
fit2bboss 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,604 | Props total: 1320 1320
Ryan and Mittstake lost cuz they contradict themselves alot..and their policies are old about religion, s3x, ethnicities..they basically want everybody to hate each other. I wanted change too..I wanted a different president but I don't want a president who can't make up their mind. Mittstake is not better than Obama..so I didn't vote either one but I showed my support for Obama.
 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM         #100
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes right tho, he lost the youth vote and the urban vote aka blacks and other minorities, republicans gotta start marketing themselves to different markets cause the youth and social network ppl are gonna keep voting democrats in office and the urban vote is too big on the social media platform, u got celebs like jay-z,diddy, oprah pushin democrats and sh*t when republicans got old a.ss white men, its more broke n*ggas then rich n*ggas
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago