Nov 13 - Paul Ryan "I lost because of the ‘URBAN’ Vote"

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Indian Chick desixchick
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 KruptedWayz said:
Yeah only 59% of white people voted for Romney, while 93% of black people voted for Obama...

Bottom line, both of these candidates suck.
93% of black people voted for all other democratic candidates too.

[pic - click to view]

Black vote has been consistently upper 80+ since 1964.

[pic - click to view]

It was other minorities who increased their support for democrats.

The biggest problem for the GOP is that all minority groups started voting in big numbers, which greatly decreased the overall power of the white vote, which was their base.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Kadillac87; 11-13-2012 at 11:10 PM..
 11-13-2012, 11:19 PM         #42
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Any gains Obama made in the increase of voter turnout among blacks would not erase his deficit with white voters alone.
I agree. Not sure why you quoted me then responded with that Like I said, with the stats available, it's obvious Obama won because of women. That last post was just me pointing out you can't just say "the percentage is the same, so he's not getting new votes that any other Democrat got", pointing out how percentage and total actual votes are different things. You can see with the stats that more blacks are voting than ever before, that was the point I was making. Not that he won because of the black vote, there's simply not enough black people. Like I said, I believe it was he won over the women, or better yet, Romney lost the women with his far right (perceived or real) stance on abortion.

From the stats also, you can see less and less white people voting, and more and more minorities voting. Not to mention less people period voting each year (less than 60% of the nation the last 4 elections.) That shows people don't believe in voting or the system anymore, well, white people at least (who make up most the country.)

So with all this, it's fair to say O'Reilly and some of these Republicans are off (that was obvious) but for a different reason than we a.ssumed. It's not because the demographics of America are changing and white is becoming a minority (still 72.4% of the country), but that whites just aren't voting as much anymore and minorities are. So the voting data distorts the "changing demographics." The demographics are obviously changing, but very slowly and not drastically, it's still a huge majority white. Obama has brought out black voters who used to rarely ever vote (feeling disenfranchised with all white candidates.)

Which I find odd, because all my friends who are black have always said how corrupt the system is, and how they're all crooks (which I agree with.) So as the white people vote less and less, hopefully the minorities catch on (again) too and stop voting as well, and we can send a message to these f*ggots in Washington that we don't believe in them anymore.

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 11-13-2012 at 11:24 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #43
space
space
 Got Cheeve? said:
I agree. Not sure why you quoted me then responded with that Like I said, with the stats available, it's obvious Obama won because of women. That last post was just me pointing out you can't just say "the percentage is the same, so he's not getting new votes that any other Democrat got", pointing out how percentage and total actual votes are different things. You can see with the stats that more blacks are voting than ever before, that was the point I was making. Not that he won because of the black vote, there's simply not enough black people. Like I said, I believe it was he won over the women, or better yet, Romney lost the women with his far right (perceived or real) stance on abortion.

From the stats also, you can see less and less white people voting, and more and more minorities voting. Not to mention less people period voting each year (less than 60% of the nation the last 4 elections.) That shows people don't believe in voting or the system anymore, well, white people at least (who make up most the country.)

So with all this, it's fair to say O'Reilly and some of these Republicans are off (that was obvious) but for a different reason than we a.ssumed. It's not because the demographics of America are changing and white is becoming a minority (still 72.4% of the country), but that whites just aren't voting and minorities are. So the voting data distorts the "changing demographics." The demographics are obviously changing, but very slowly and not drastically, it's still a huge majority white.
I was just responding to your first paragraph. Didn't feel like erasing the rest.

And I wouldn't say less white people are voting. It's just more minorities are voting which decreases the % of the electorate that belongs to the white vote.

And white people do not make up 72.4% of the country. That number includes white hispanics. Non-hispanics white make up about 63% of the country. Still a majority though.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 11-13-2012 at 11:26 PM..
 11-13-2012, 11:24 PM         #44
Black Samurai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KruptedWayz said:
Yeah only 59% of white people voted for Romney, while 93% of black people voted for Obama...

Bottom line, both of these candidates suck.
yeah, but Romney got over 70% of white males. really, it was the female and youth vote that won Obama the election.
 5 years ago '08        #45
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
Actually, he's right. They did lose the literal "URBAN" vote, they won rural areas with ease but it was exact reverse in the cities of the states. Looking at the maps of the counties that went red or blue shows that the majority of geographic America voted republican.

Take Pennsylvania for example, The state's mostly red with the exception of the urban area of Philadelphia.

Folks are feeling real sensitive out here.
 5 years ago '11        #46
space
space
 RokkyRok said:
Actually, he's right. They did lose the literal "URBAN" vote, they won rural areas with ease but it was exact reverse in the cities of the states. Looking at the maps of the counties that went red or blue shows that the majority of geographic America voted republican.

Take Pennsylvania for example, The state's mostly red with the exception of the urban area of Philadelphia.

Folks are feeling real sensitive out here.

Urban is taken to mean black. Just look at your example. You pick Philadelphia, an area with a large black population. He saying he won because black people voted and not because his party alienated everyone except white males voters.

When the GOP uses the word urban, they're most likely referring to black people.
 11-13-2012, 11:45 PM         #47
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
I was just responding to your first paragraph. Didn't feel like erasing the rest.

And I wouldn't say less white people are voting. It's just more minorities are voting which decreases the % of the electorate that belongs to the white vote.

And white people do not make up 72.4% of the country. That number includes white hispanics. Non-hispanics white make up about 63% of the country. Still a majority though.
Naw, there was a stat page on here that said whites are voting less, lemme find it.

But yes, more minorities voting and less whites voting equals a shift in the demographics of voters.

EDIT: Also of note, the 25-44 aged voters have decreased significantly every year, while the 45+ has risen every year. So 20 somethings and middle aged people are just not voting anymore. Interesting.

Also, I'm looking at the 2010 Census, and it says "White alone: 72.4%" Which means no hispanics counted in that. Where you getting your stats from If I could ask?

Also, love me some Dungeon Family and Goodie Mobb, @ the dude Cee-Lo's become. Singing horrible Thursday Night Football cover songs, being all fake on "The Voice"

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 11-13-2012 at 11:53 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #48
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Kadillac87 said:
Urban is taken to mean black. Just look at your example. You pick Philadelphia, an area with a large black population. He saying he won because black people voted and not because his party alienated everyone except white males voters.

When the GOP uses the word urban, they're most likely referring to black people.

Exactly... It's 2012.. They cant say anything blatantly racist, so they use these euphemisms..

- Urban = Black

- 47% is supposed to represent lazy minorities..

Thats the picture Mitt was trying to paint in that room.

Same thing as when Fox News call Obama the "Food Stamp President".. They know that when you bring up food stamps (although there are more white people on them than black people), the average person envisions a picture of a poor, lazy, black person.

That is the message that the media indoctrinates us with of a food stamp user.. Rarely when they run a story on food stamps does the media ever go to a trailer park or interview white people in the hood using them.
 5 years ago '11        #49
space
space
 Got Cheeve? said:
Naw, there was a stat page on here that said whites are voting less, lemme find it.

But yes, more minorities voting and less whites voting equals a shift in the demographics of voters.
The graphic doesn't show that white people are voting less. It shows they make up less of the electorate, that's a big difference.

if 9 white people voted, and 1 non white person voted 9/10 of the electorate is white which is 90%

Now if 14 white people and and 6 non white people voted 14/20 of the electorate is white which is 70%

The white vote can go up while the % of the electorate decrease. This is what happening. White people are not voting less, it's just the percentage increase in the minority vote is greater than the percent increase in the white vote, which leads to a decrease in the % of the total electorate that white people make up.
 5 years ago '08        #50
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,027 | Props total: 5088 5088

[pic - click to view]

Romney/Ryan 2016
 5 years ago '11        #51
space
space
Also Cheeve here goes the chart from wikipedia about the population break dwon

[pic - click to view]

And he's an article explaining how hispanics accounted for most of the white growth population in the census. White alone means not mixed. It doesn't mean not hispanic. Hispanic is not considered a race, it's considered an ethnicity. So they the census label Hispanics as either White, Black, Asian, etc.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 11-14-2012 at 12:05 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #52
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
Maybe he could of got more votes if he married her.

[pic - click to view]

But what ever the election is over take your L stop talking about why you lost and start talking about how to move america forward.
 5 years ago '04        #53
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,466 | Props total: 2953 2953
 LexHeyden said:
This republican at my job (white guy) said that "You know, some of these black people voted for Obama just because he's black". I said "You know, some of these white people voted for Romney just because he's white."
I tell people this sh*t all the time. There are people that voted for him strictly cause hes black and people that didnt vote for him strictly cause he's black.

My first time voting was in 2008 and while ill say that him being black wasnt the sole reason I voted for him, it did play a part.
 5 years ago '08        #54
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
 Kadillac87 said:

I don't know man, Ryan has never been the type to race bait like that. I don't think it's fair to put words in his mouth. If he wanted to say that he would have.

In 2010 the urban vote was nothing like how it was this year, that plus the terrible polling the far right wing believed, makes it plausible to believe that voters in cities wouldn't turn out. That's not race or gender specific.

If it was John sununu saying that I'd be with you but Paul Ryan just isn't that kind of guy, regardless of what a lot of race baiting folks of both races would have you believe.
 11-14-2012, 12:33 AM         #55
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Also Cheeve here goes the chart from wikipedia about the population break dwon

[pic - click to view]

And he's an article explaining how hispanics accounted for most of the white growth population in the census. White alone means not mixed. It doesn't mean not hispanic. Hispanic is not considered a race, it's considered an ethnicity. So they the census label Hispanics as either White, Black, Asian, etc.

Gotcha.

Damn, didn't know Hispanic wasn't considered a race. I guess that makes sense though, and I kind of always knew that. A lot of Mexicans look like they have some American Indian in them, along with the Spanish (Europe) which would make sense when Spain conquered Mexico, and parts of Central America. That's wild though, even though I sort of knew this already I never really directly thought out loud that Hispanic wasn't a race.

Yeah I understood the whole electorate thing too, I swore I saw a graph saying less white people were voting but when I went to look all I saw was less males voting/more women voting, less young adults (25-44) voting/more seniors (45+) voting, and more blacks voting. No mention of whites though, so you may be right about whites voting about the same.
 11-14-2012, 12:37 AM         #56
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RokkyRok said:
I don't know man, Ryan has never been the type to race bait like that. I don't think it's fair to put words in his mouth. If he wanted to say that he would have.

In 2010 the urban vote was nothing like how it was this year, that plus the terrible polling the far right wing believed, makes it plausible to believe that voters in cities wouldn't turn out. That's not race or gender specific.

If it was John sununu saying that I'd be with you but Paul Ryan just isn't that kind of guy, regardless of what a lot of race baiting folks of both races would have you believe.
Yeah, Ryan doesn't strike me as a racist dude. Now Romney — I could see that with the whole Mormon thing and what the Mormon Bible used to say about black people (Romney's old enough to of been taught what the Bible used to say about blacks.) Because technically urban means city, and the cities have the most electoral votes. So if you don't win a lot of cities, you're gonna lose the election.
 5 years ago '05        #57
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
I'm white and voted for Obama not because he's black but because he is half white lol na but for real I voted for him because he k!lled osama bin laden. fu*k it Clinton and bush could not do it but Obama did. And 9/11 was the worst day in my life time as an american. But the rep's can't and election when they put down the people they are gonna respent saying 47% of people are lazy and depend on the goverment
 5 years ago '12        #58
iBoxden 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,895 | Props total: 233 233
sooooooooooooooooooooooo. What your saying is. if African American ppl didn't vote (Since we populate most of the urban areas in the United states) ROBme and YOU would have won? what type of undercover racist sh*t is that.

its funny how when i was standing in line to vote. There was a school bus stop of 5-6 graders, in a surburban area. All the kids were saying vote for Obama and Romney is gay (lol. which I thought was funny but don't co-sign). BTW, which happened to be all white kids. Know the different in what's good for the country and their future and what's not good for the country and their future.
 5 years ago '11        #59
space
space
 RokkyRok said:

Naw, Ryan uses code words too. Just like every other politician. It's no secret the GOP think minorities are lazy and feel entitled. Instead of saying lazy minorities, Ryan says Takers vs. Makers. It's the samething as the 47% comment.

[video - click to view]

All Republicans race bait. It's because their base is old and white. And anytime turnout is mentioned, it usually refers to minority groups. In 2010, the urban vote wasn't high because it wasn't a presidential election. There's always a big dropout between presidential elections and non presidential elections.
 11-14-2012, 12:46 AM         #60
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bobbysteels18 said:
I'm white and voted for Obama not because he's black but because he is half white lol na but for real I voted for him because he k!lled osama bin laden. fu*k it Clinton and bush could not do it but Obama did. And 9/11 was the worst day in my life time as an american. But the rep's can't and election when they put down the people they are gonna respent saying 47% of people are lazy and depend on the goverment.
Because of Bin Laden? C'mon my dude, you can't air yourself out like that. At least say you voted for Obama because of the 47% thing. That's at least a somewhat respectable reason. But k!lling Bin Laden? That's so trivial when it comes to an election. I guess if you believe the whole terrorists are America's biggest threat thing. But when I talk with most people I respect, we all agree domestic policies are the biggest threat to America, our economy, our outsourcing of jobs, etc. Honestly too, one of the biggest threats to America is Fear itself. This country is scared sh*tless.

I can't stand that Michael Moore f*ggot for anything, but his Bowling for Columbine movie nails it with how scared America is. Be it perpetuated by the media or whatever, this country is always scared of something (terrorists, Russians, the Chinese, Iran, N. Korea, whatever), each other, anything. People always point to the gun deaths in America and say, "Well America allows you to have a bunch of guns", but the movie debunks that by showing Canada has just as many guns as we do and an astronomically amount of lower gun deaths. That's because they're not scared sh*tless of everything there. f!ghts don't always end in gun shots. That's a huge problem with America. Maybe that's education, maybe that's media, maybe that's the prison system, who knows but it's a huge fu*king problem.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago