Nov 13 - Paul Ryan "I lost because of the ‘URBAN’ Vote"

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 462 462
 NoTitleSince73 said:
except I'm pretty sure they lost in rural areas also.
Naw...They won with Rural America.
 5 years ago '08        #22
OrangeBlood89 
space
space
space
$319 | Props total: 0 0
 Kadillac87 said:

If you know anything about history, you would know democrats have been getting 90% of the black vote since LBJ. If you don't know why, read a book. The percentage of black vote going to democrats have been consistent. I think the question you're searching for is how did Obama inspire those who don't usually vote to become active

[pic - click to view]

1) What you said is great. I'm proud of you for studying your history, but how does that provide an answer to my initial statement? Do you agree that the unprecedented amount of African-American voters was statistically the biggest reason why Obama won the election?
2) Do you have a non-racial explanation as to why the African-American voter turnout increased significantly when Obama ran for office?
3) How did he specifically "inspire those who don't usually vote to become active?"
 5 years ago '09        #23
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 Kadillac87 said:

If you know anything about history, you would know democrats have been getting 90% of the black vote since LBJ. If you don't know why, read a book. The percentage of black vote going to democrats have been consistent. I think the question you're searching for is how did Obama inspire those who don't usually vote to become active

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

No response from OrangeBlood89?

Am I the only one not surprised? I explained these exact same facts to a republican co-worker today and he was also speechless. I even told him why Romney was bad for him because he and I are in the same tax bracket but, he couldn't tell me Why Obama was bad for him or Why he Felt Romeny was the better choice. The saddest part is he's in his late 40s and I'm only 28.
 5 years ago '08        #24
OrangeBlood89 
space
space
space
I already responded. Argue with the United States Census.
 5 years ago '11        #25
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 OrangeBlood89 said:
1) What you said is great. I'm proud of you for studying your history, but how does that provide an answer to my initial statement? Do you agree that the unprecedented amount of African-American voters was statistically the biggest reason why Obama won the election?
2) Do you have a non-racial explanation as to why the African-American voter turnout increased significantly when Obama ran for office?
3) How did he specifically "inspire those who don't usually vote to become active?"
1) It wasn't just the AA vote. Everybody who wasn't old and white overwhelmingly voted for Obama. He crushed Romney in the demographics of Latinos, Asians, and Women. So to say the AA vote only, the demographic democrats always crush republicans in, is just silly

2) Like I said, black people have overwhelmingly voted for Democrats since LBJ. I'm pretty sure these candidates weren't black. So if democrats were getting 90% of the black vote when the candidate was white and still getting 90% of the black when the candidate was black vote, race is not the reason. Again, if you don't know why, read a book. Learn what LBJ did in 1964 which has given the black vote to the democrats ever since.

3) How did Obama inspire people? He gave them hope. He gave them hope that you can succeed, no matter your background or race. If you haven't noticed, a lot of minorities feel disenfranchised by the current system. They feel nobody cares about their problems so there's no use in voting. If you weren't white or rich, your problems were not a cause for concern.

So the percentage of black vote democrats get stayed the same, but Obama increased his margins in other demographics. But somehow, you're trying to argue that it was only the black vote. Obama got much less of the white vote than his predecessors but you don't want to talk about that

Last edited by Kadillac87; 11-13-2012 at 08:51 PM..
 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM         #26
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OrangeBlood89 said:
I already responded. Argue with the United States Census.

But yeah, it's already known that more blacks have voted since Obama was nominated, it's only natural. But Obama didn't win because of the black vote — not even close. Women is what put Obama over IMO. I wouldn't even say hispanics put him over either. More so women.
 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM         #27
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He is actually right!!!

Urban=Major Cities... NYC, SF, Seattle, L.A aka most major cities around the coast

Republicans for the most part are hillbillies that live in the country.

So anyone with half of a brain pretty much who lives in major city centers votes democrat... makes sense!
 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM         #28
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
1) It wasn't just the AA vote. Everybody who wasn't old and white overwhelmingly voted for Obama. He crushed Romney in the demographics of Latinos, Asians, and Women. So to say the AA vote only, the demographic democrats always crush republicans in, is just silly

2) Like I said, black people have overwhelmingly voted for Democrats since LBJ. I'm pretty sure these candidates weren't black. So if democrats were getting 90% of the black vote when the candidate was white and still getting 90% of the black when the candidate was black vote, race is not the reason. Again, if you don't know why, read a book. Learn what LBJ did in 1964 which has given the black vote to the democrats ever since.

3) How did Obama inspire people? He gave them hope. He gave them hope that you can succeed, no matter your background or race. If you haven't noticed, a lot of minorities feel disenfranchised by the current system. They feel nobody cares about their problems so there's no use in voting. If you weren't white or rich, your problems were not a cause for concern.

So the percentage of black vote democrats get stayed the same, but Obama increased his margins in other demographics. But somehow, you're trying to argue that it was only the black vote. Obama got much less of the white vote than his predecessors but you don't want to talk about that
The percentage of the black vote stayed the same, but you are forgetting that MORE black people are voting now because — like you said — he gave them hope, a reason to not feel disenfranchised. Your percentage point is correct, but the amount of blacks who are voting has rose very significantly since 2008.

It's like the whole, "more whites are on welfare" argument. Of course they are, whites make up 72.4% of the country. With that many white people in the country, they are likely to lead numbers wise in everything, that's how majority works. But percentage wise, white and blacks are about even in how much % get welfare, 39.8% of blacks are on welfare, 38.8% of whites are on welfare, then only 15.7% of hispanics are on welfare despite hispanics being the 2nd highest race in terms of population at 16.3% compared to blacks making up 12.6% of America. So in essence, blacks and whites are equally lazy The hispanics are the true workers.

Facts is facts, But Paul Ryan is WRONG on this argument if he meant black people obviously. But by saying urban, that means cities, and cities vote Democrat almost always. Regardless, it's the Women who voted Obama back in IMO.

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 11-13-2012 at 09:03 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #29
OrangeBlood89 
space
space
space
My final response of the night for Kadillac87:
1) I never said it was ‘just” or “only” the AA vote. I asked you how the AA vote did not swing the election, specifically in Ohio and Florida, to which you never gave a factual rebuttal. You mentioned that the AA vote historically goes to Democrats but NEVER gave an actual answer.
2) Obama gave people “hope” that they “can succeed”? We live in America. We don’t live in a dictator-controlled third-world country. I don’t know about you, but I see and talk to people every single day who have worked hard to get an upper-hand in society. That’s all the hope/motivation I need. If he is such an inspiration to the less “active” citizens of our country, then why the hell has our unemployment continued to increase under his term?
Lastly, trying to insult me (telling me to “read a book”), or anybody for that matter, does NOT make you look more intelligent. It only reveals your biased and narrow-minded way of thinking. Stereotypical realizations are not the same thing as racism. This conversation started out as an honest attempt on my part to understand the AA voters, because I am interested in the psychology of issues like that. Unfortunately, your attempt to implicate me as a racist just motivated me to criticize you and point out your clear failure to recognize and relate to others outside your community.
 5 years ago '08        #30
OrangeBlood89 
space
space
space
Oh yeah I almost forgot, go get phucked Kadillac!
 5 years ago '11        #31
space
space
 Got Cheeve? said:
The percentage of the black vote stayed the same, but you are forgetting that MORE black people are voting now because — like you said — he gave them hope, a reason to not feel disenfranchised. Your percentage point is correct, but the amount of blacks who are voting has rose very significantly since 2008.

It's like the whole, "more whites are on welfare" argument. Of course they are, whites make up 72.4% of the country. With that many white people in the country, they are likely to lead numbers wise in everything, that's how majority works. But percentage wise, white and blacks are about even in how much % get welfare, 39.8% of blacks are on welfare, 38.8% of whites are on welfare, then only 15.7% of hispanics are on welfare despite hispanics being the 2nd highest race in terms of population at 16.3% compared to blacks making up 12.6% of America. So in essence, blacks and whites are equally lazy The hispanics are the true workers.

Facts is facts, But Paul Ryan is WRONG on this argument if he meant black people obviously. But by saying urban, that means cities, and cities vote Democrat almost always. Regardless, it's the Women who voted Obama back in IMO.
Any gains Obama made in the increase of voter turnout among blacks would not erase his deficit with white voters alone.
 5 years ago '11        #32
space
space
 OrangeBlood89 said:
My final response of the night for Kadillac87:
1) I never said it was ‘just” or “only” the AA vote. I asked you how the AA vote did not swing the election, specifically in Ohio and Florida, to which you never gave a factual rebuttal. You mentioned that the AA vote historically goes to Democrats but NEVER gave an actual answer.
2) Obama gave people “hope” that they “can succeed”? We live in America. We don’t live in a dictator-controlled third-world country. I don’t know about you, but I see and talk to people every single day who have worked hard to get an upper-hand in society. That’s all the hope/motivation I need. If he is such an inspiration to the less “active” citizens of our country, then why the hell has our unemployment continued to increase under his term?
Lastly, trying to insult me (telling me to “read a book”), or anybody for that matter, does NOT make you look more intelligent. It only reveals your biased and narrow-minded way of thinking. Stereotypical realizations are not the same thing as racism. This conversation started out as an honest attempt on my part to understand the AA voters, because I am interested in the psychology of issues like that. Unfortunately, your attempt to implicate me as a racist just motivated me to criticize you and point out your clear failure to recognize and relate to others outside your community.
1) You said the AA vote swung the election. Which means it was the deciding factor. Yes, it true Obama would have lost without the AA vote. He also would have lost without the women vote. He would have lost without the Asian vote. He would have lost without the Hispanic vote. He would have lost without the white vote. So how did you determine the black vote was the swing vote? Was the margins among all the other demographics even? Surely you are not suggesting that. Why didnt the black vote swing the election in other elections? Were black people still not voting overwhelmingly for democrats then?

2) Yes we live in America. Does that mean racism doesn't exist? Does that mean Jim Crows laws never were enacted? Does that mean Ronald Reagen didn't put crack in black communities? Does that mean schools in urban areas receive the same resources as other schools? Does that mean people won't riot and try to secede if a black man is re-elected president? Don't tell me you actually believe just because America doesn't have a dictatorship, that people haven't been adversely affected by the policies and attitudes of those at the top. Please tell me you're actually trying not to argue that

You said you came in here trying to understand the black vote?

If you don't know why black people vote overwhelmingly democratic, again, crack open a history book.

You came in here trying to imply that black people voted for Obama because he was black and that's why he won. Like I said before, black people would have voted overwhelmingly for the democratic candidate, whether black or white. Again, why did you single out the AA demographic as the deciding factor in the election if the margins in the other demographics were also overwhelmingly for Obama?

Now you're trying to play the victim. Whatever, we know your game. Got hit with the facts and trying to change it up to save face now. Where did you go to school? The Karl Rove School of Denial?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 11-13-2012 at 09:45 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #33
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 3093 3093
lmao Ryan and the GOP like this right now

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #34
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,856 | Props total: 1454 1454
 bigbarcelona said:
Really??? The Urban vote???? How about you lose the election because the GOP in the end was out of the two the worse when it comes to moving forward with this country. Also, nobody including the old wanted that bullsh*t a.ss Medicare voucher program that he had in mind. Plus... Paul Ryan became a joke after Joe Biden ether his a.ss on the debate.

In the end... it wasn't just the "Urban" vote that put Obama back in office... it was white, hispanic, asians, gays, the old and everyone in between that in the end didn't agree with the vision that the republican party had to offer. Nobody wants to support two douchebags that constantly look down on people because of their economic background... and we sure as hell didn't wanted some prick that believes that no one deserves to be help. That's why he lost and that's why they continue to lose until they get it through their heads that America is ready and will continue to move forward.

It was funny how they laugh at Newt Gingrich because he told them to reach to these groups in order to win and they didn't listen. In the end they were out of touch with America.

At this point, the only thing that should be said is that the American people have spoken so now it's time for the Republican Party to sit down & shut up.
 5 years ago '05        #35
KruptedWayz 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 773 773
 whouthinkitis said:
At this point, the only thing that should be said is that the American people have spoken so now it's time for the Republican Party to sit down & shut up.
If the repubulican party sat down and shut up everyone would be on welfare.....
 5 years ago '11        #36
space
space
 KruptedWayz said:
If the repubulican party sat down and shut up everyone would be on welfare.....
Yea because all the red states are doing so good when it comes to not using welfare. Oh wait...

5 years ago '08        #37
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49
space
space
$20,248 | Props total: 22124 22124
This republican at my job (white guy) said that "You know, some of these black people voted for Obama just because he's black". I said "You know, some of these white people voted for Romney just because he's white."
 5 years ago '05        #38
space
space
space
 LexHeyden said:
This republican at my job (white guy) said that "You know, some of these black people voted for Obama just because he's black". I said "You know, some of these white people voted for Romney just because he's white."
Yeah only 59% of white people voted for Romney, while 93% of black people voted for Obama...

Bottom line, both of these candidates suck.
 5 years ago '05        #39
space
space
space

[pic - click to view]

11-13-2012, 10:56 PM         #40
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoTitleSince73 said:
they're gonna be extra fu*ked if Texas turns blue

A Blue Texas
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy