Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
77 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
8320 pageviews
127 comments

MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,251 | Props total: 8955 8955
Nov 13 - Paul Ryan "I lost because of the ‘URBAN’ Vote"

[pic - click to view]

Paul Ryan: I Didn't Lose Because Of The Issues, I Lost Because Of The 'Urban' Vote | ThinkProgress

In his first interview since losing the election, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) wouldn’t admit that voters rejected his economic vision and instead chalked up President Obama’s victory to a large turnout of the “urban vote.” “I don’t think we lost it on those budget issues, especially on Medicare, we clearly didn’t lose it on those issues,” Ryan to local station WISC-TV. “I think the surprise was some of the turnout, some of the turnout especially in urban areas, which gave President Obama the big margin to win this race.”

But Ryan’s post-election analysis contrasts sharply with his view of the race before Election Day. Throughout the campaign, Ryan — who was selected for the ticket because of his budget plan — insisted that the race presented voters with a “choice” between two different economic paths for the nation and repeatedly tried to sell the merits of his proposal on the stump. Republican lawmakers bragged that should the GOP ticket win, “they can justly claim a mandate” to push through Ryan’s initiatives. Here are just three examples of the former Vice Presidential candidate making the same argument:
– “The president, I’m told, is talking about Medicare today… We want this debate. We need this debate. And we will win this debate.” [8/16/2012]

– “We have a big choice to make. We’re not just picking the next president for a few years. We are picking the pathway for America for a generation.” [8/27/2012]

– “We’re entering what we call the debate and choice phase of this campaign. And we’re going to give the people of this country the right and opportunity to choose a different path.” [10/01/2012]

Indeed, Obama made raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans a centerpiece of his campaign and voters overwhelmingly agreed with his approach. Exit polls showed that 6 in 10voters nationwide say they think taxes should be increased and Ryan’s budget proposal played an important role in Senate races where Democrats picked up seats.

And while seniors backed Romney/Ryan at the same rate as Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) in 2008, a survey commissioned by the AFL-CIO “showed that by 64 to 17 percent, voters want to protect Social Security and Medicare benefits and address the deficit by increasing taxes on the rich, rather than address the deficit by cutting entitlements.”

127 comments for "Nov 13 - Paul Ryan "I lost because of the ‘URBAN’ Vote""

5 years ago '10        #2
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,661 | Props total: 4498 4498
aka black folks
 5 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 20002 20002
except I'm pretty sure they lost in rural areas also.
 5 years ago '04        #4
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
like a scorned bi*ch who can't move on that grand ole party is......
 11-13-2012, 11:35 AM         #5
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The urban vote must be pretty big because they lost the popular vote.
 5 years ago '11        #6
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
In other words, we would have won if we were able to pass those voter suppression laws

5 years ago '09        #7
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 1353 1353
Say what you mean Ryan please...
 5 years ago '05        #8
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
$10,251 | Props total: 8955 8955
 NcAlien said:
Say what you mean Ryan please...
That's about as close as we'll get to them saying what they mean. Simply put, the didn't hold much stock in the miniority vote. It's crazy watching these die-hard Republicans cry about the election, but ignore the fact they only played to a certain demographic...
 5 years ago '06        #9
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
uhhhh no

you lost the minority vote

you lost the women vote

you lost the youth vote

the only reason the repubs don't just get swept off the sh*t is because of the dumbass redneck south and old white guys

that's it...old white guys is thier vote...every other group voted against them
 5 years ago '07        #10
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 20002 20002
 philly337 said:
uhhhh no

you lost the minority vote

you lost the women vote

you lost the youth vote

the only reason the repubs don't just get swept off the sh*t is because of the dumbass redneck south and old white guys

that's it...old white guys is thier vote...every other group voted against them
they're gonna be extra fu*ked if Texas turns blue
 5 years ago '07        #11
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30401 30401
How predictable that the grand wizard is blaming racial demographics. He not blaming himself for not reaching out to that community at all, whatsoever. Nope! It's that demographic's fault for needing to be recognized.
 11-13-2012, 01:22 PM         #12
Series 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '04        #13
JayHovMan 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,990 | Props total: 8 8
paul ryan looks just seems creepy to me ...like he's really a serial k!ller or somethin
 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM         #14
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As oblivious and fu*ked up as the GOP is, I think it's just as scary that all you guys are falling head over heels in love with the Democratic party. Like this is a sporting event or something. It's pretty disturbing. The Democrats have A LOT of sh*t wrong too. They just don't seem overtly insane like the Republicans. But check the policies. Check the results. Not a good sign.
 5 years ago '04        #15
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,455 | Props total: 13125 13125
 NO RELIGION said:
Time for Wisconsin to secede from the union like Texas.
 5 years ago '08        #16
OrangeBlood89 
space
space
space
$319 | Props total: 0 0
Somebody explain to me how Obama receiving approximately 90% of the African-American vote did not swing the election in his favor (especially in Ohio and Florida). Feel free to use democratic-leaning exit polls in your favor, because I really do want to hear what the argument is. Also, I am curious as to why 90% of the African-American population voted for Obama be it racial relativity or actual political issues. PM me if you want.
 5 years ago '11        #17
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 OrangeBlood89 said:
Somebody explain to me how Obama receiving approximately 90% of the African-American vote did not swing the election in his favor (especially in Ohio and Florida). Feel free to use democratic-leaning exit polls in your favor, because I really do want to hear what the argument is. Also, I am curious as to why 90% of the African-American population voted for Obama be it racial relativity or actual political issues. PM me if you want.

If you know anything about history, you would know democrats have been getting 90% of the black vote since LBJ. If you don't know why, read a book. The percentage of black vote going to democrats have been consistent. I think the question you're searching for is how did Obama inspire those who don't usually vote to become active

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Kadillac87; 11-13-2012 at 08:20 PM..
 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM         #18
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Really??? The Urban vote???? How about you lose the election because the GOP in the end was out of the two the worse when it comes to moving forward with this country. Also, nobody including the old wanted that bullsh*t a.ss Medicare voucher program that he had in mind. Plus... Paul Ryan became a joke after Joe Biden ether his a.ss on the debate.

In the end... it wasn't just the "Urban" vote that put Obama back in office... it was white, hispanic, asians, gays, the old and everyone in between that in the end didn't agree with the vision that the republican party had to offer. Nobody wants to support two douchebags that constantly look down on people because of their economic background... and we sure as hell didn't wanted some prick that believes that no one deserves to be help. That's why he lost and that's why they continue to lose until they get it through their heads that America is ready and will continue to move forward.

It was funny how they laugh at Newt Gingrich because he told them to reach to these groups in order to win and they didn't listen. In the end they were out of touch with America.

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 11-13-2012 at 08:14 PM..
 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM         #19
THNKS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OrangeBlood89 said:
 5 years ago '10        #20
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Kadillac87 said:

If you know anything about history, you would know democrats have been getting 90% of the black vote since LBJ. If you don't know why, read a book. The percentage of black vote going to democrats have been consistent. I think the question you're searching for is how did Obama inspire those who don't usually vote to become active

[pic - click to view]

Dem facts
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
59 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
103 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
61 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
114 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
52 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy