most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM         #1
6061 pageviews
63 comments

SteelCurtain43 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Phil Jackson Releases Statement

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Phil Jackson tells his side of Lakers approach about coaching - latimes.com

Former Lakers Coach Phil Jackson was sleeping comfortably Saturday night when the phone rang. It was the Lakers. They delivered stunning news. Mike D'Antoni got the job, not him.

Jackson told his side of the story in a statement Monday.

“Saturday morning, [Lakers executive] Jim Buss called to ask if he could come and visit. I didn’t solicit or ask for the opportunity but I welcomed both him and [team executive] Mitch Kupchak into my home to discuss the possibility of my return to the Lakers as head coach," Jackson said.

“We talked for over an hour and a half. No contractual terms were discussed and we concluded with a handshake and an understanding that I would have until Monday [today] to come back to them with my decision. I did convey to them that I did have the confidence that I could do the job. I was awakened at midnight Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D’Antoni to a three-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team. The decision is of course theirs to make. I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker fans who encouraged my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility."

D'Antoni signed a three-year, $12-million deal late Sunday night.

Jackson's agent, Todd Musburger, added that media coverage portraying Jackson as being full of demands was inaccurate.

Some Internet reports stated that Jackson wanted more front-office power and wanted to skip large swaths of road games this season.

"No discussion of those ideas being contractual terms or demands was ever made," Musburger said. "They had a full discussion of the club, the roster, the schedule, a.ssistants, etc. But to allow someone either on their side or on D’Antoni’s side to make these allegations -- unsubstantiated and incorrect -- and incorrectly maligning Phil is so objectionable to us that the process would have concluded this way."

63 comments for "Phil Jackson Releases Statement"

5 years ago '11        #2
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #3
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,685 | Props total: 15448 15448
There's always three sides to one story

Wish he would've came back though. Imagine Phil Jackson coaching Kobe to tie MJ's 6th ring.. Or to help him get his 7th next year

Oh well.. Can't wait to see the fireworks if it doesn't work out for the Lakers
 5 years ago '11        #4
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,198 | Props total: 17575 17575
 5 years ago '12        #5
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 739 739
it's sad that it came down to this. embarassing for lakers management to treat phil like this. completely mishandled the situation it takes literally a second to realize that nash wouldn't be a good fit in the triangle and that he would be a better fit under d'antoni. didn't have to put pj through this.

146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM         #6
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Heard they hired Pringles and was like
 5 years ago '09        #7
Tiko377 1860 heat pts1860
space
space
$15,200 | Props total: 8929 8929
Damn they did him pretty dirty

Might have used him as leverage for getting pringles contract cheaper

I thought Sloan is better then Pringles also
 5 years ago '06        #8
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,234 | Props total: 1717 1717
 EnlightenMe said:
it's sad that it came down to this. embarassing for lakers management to treat phil like this. completely mishandled the situation it takes literally a second to realize that nash wouldn't be a good fit in the triangle and that he would be a better fit under d'antoni. didn't have to put pj through this.
 Tiko377 said:
Damn they did him pretty dirty
put him through what? how did they do him dirty? they interviewed everybody and felt someone else was better fit. it happens in every single business. I hope y'all not suggesting that phil should get special treatment. atleast they called phil and let him know personally they were going in another direction, or had gone in a another direction, rather than letting him gear up to accept just to see the lakers had hired another coach through the social media.

Last edited by Don Kaliko; 11-12-2012 at 06:11 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #9
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4756 4756
 Kobane said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #10
Tiko377 1860 heat pts1860
space
space
$15,200 | Props total: 8929 8929
 Don Kaliko said:
put him through what? how did they do him dirty? they interviewed everybody and felt someone else was better fit. it happens in every single business. I hope y'all not suggesting that phil should get special treatment. atleast they called phil and let him know personally they were going in another direction, or had gone in a another direction, rather than letting him gear up to accept just to see the lakers had hired another coach through the social media.
Better fit then a 11 time champion? Why not hire college coach?

I have a feeling they used Phil to give Pringles less money on his contract with them obviously having to pay mike browns guaranteed money.

Mr.Pringles no finals appearances
 5 years ago '12        #11
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 739 739
 Don Kaliko said:
put him through what? they interviewed everybody and felt someone else was better fit. it happens in every single business. I hope you're not suggesting that phil should get special treatment. atleast they called phil and let him know personally they were going in another direction, or had gone in a another direction, rather than letting him gear up to accept just to see the lakers had hired another coach through the social media.
please, this was an embarassment. phil has earned special treatment. this is not the way to treat a legend; especially one that's given so much to the organization he's being interviewed for. the brown firing was premeditated. and it became obvious that they wanted a more nash friendly offense after the failure of the princeton and the triangle wasn't going to provide that. it literally takes less than a second to know that nash would flourish more under d'antoni then he would under jackson. you didn't have to embarass phil and the organization like this. management has to be smarter about these things and plan better. this was bad pr.

146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 11-12-2012 at 06:19 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #12
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4000 4000
They fired Mike Brown after a few games... to hire Mike "No Finals" D'Antoni.

Let's say Phil really DID want a crumb of the team. Magic gave them 5 rings and he got his piece. Phil does the same and he doesn't get anything? GTFO.
 5 years ago '05        #13
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,782 | Props total: 4886 4886
The big difference between Phil and D'Antoni with this current Laker roster is Phil doesn't need a 38 year old point guard to be healthy in order to win a title. D'Antoni does. This Laker season is now firmly dependent on Nash. Healthy Nash and they are going to the Finals...nobody in the West plays the kind of defense the Spurs did when they knocked off D'Antoni's Suns year after year.
 5 years ago '05        #14
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Phil is spinning the sh*t out of this
 5 years ago '06        #15
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Tiko377 said:
Better fit then a 11 time champion? Why not hire college coach?

I have a feeling they used Phil to give Pringles less money on his contract with them obviously having to pay mike browns guaranteed money.

Mr.Pringles no finals appearances
how many championships had riley won before he 1st coached the lakers? spoelstra before the heat? 11 championships doesn't mean he's the better fit for the lakers, especially not to win right now.

Last edited by Don Kaliko; 11-12-2012 at 06:29 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #16
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6387 6387
 EnlightenMe said:
please, this was an embarassment. phil has earned special treatment. this is not the way to treat a legend; especially one that's given so much to the organization he's being interviewed for.
how else were they supposed to handle this if they wasn't going to hire him after they interview everybody?
 5 years ago '06        #17
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
please, this was an embarassment. phil has earned special treatment. this is not the way to treat a legend; especially one that's given so much to the organization he's being interviewed for. the brown firing was premeditated. and it became obvious that they wanted a more nash friendly offense after the failure of the princeton and the triangle wasn't going to provide that. it literally takes less than a second to know that nash would flourish more under d'antoni then he would under jackson. you didn't have to embarass phil and the organization like this. management has to be smarter about these things and plan better. this was bad pr.
earned special treatment lol it's a business. Phil was certain the job was his and he wanted to take a couple days to sleep on it. so they decided to go another direction and in business, that's not uncommon. you should actually blame phil more than anything, to be honest.
 5 years ago '09        #18
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,640 | Props total: 2746 2746
Pretty much they made him no offer. They left it up to him to return, but I think overall, Jim wanted no part of Phil again. Hence they hired Pringles with the quickness, to give Phil no chance to make an offer today. Pringles will do ok, but other than Phil, I don't see no one else that can do this job.
 5 years ago '12        #19
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,711 | Props total: 22074 22074
Probably gonna commit suicide soon : (.

Yeah yeah yeah haters you can suck my d!ck.
 5 years ago '10        #20
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
he's coming to seattle when they get a team

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy