Adrian Peterson & Barry Sanders stats through first 5 seasons

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
 P Griff said:
The GOAT and the Baby GOAT

As much as I hate the Vikings being a Lions fan, I sure do enjoy watching Adrian Peterson run the ball.....except if it's against Detroit

Say what you want about Herman Moore and Brett Perriman on the receiving end, but Barry STILL had a terrible offensive line. It did help him having a little spread of the field, but as much as I like both Moore and Perriman, they were not perennial receivers that commanded double coverage. People are quick to say Emmitt Smith was the greatest as well, however he played behing a 4 Pro Bowler offensive line. I am not down playing what Adrian Peterson has done AT ALL, but it's really apples to oranges with you compare the other factors for a running back.

Don't forget LT (I already see him brought up recently)

Last edited by D.A.R.S.; 11-14-2012 at 07:36 AM..
 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM         #82
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Comparing Mr. Fumblerusky to the most impressive back this world has ever seen?

Herman Moore had them stats because the defense was worried about BARRY! They had an average QB, sub par O line, and outside of Chris Speilman and Jerry Ball at Nose Tackle there wasn't anyone on the defense that you were afraid of.

Man Barry was that dude. Period. He made watching football on Turkey Day what it is today. AP is Good, but he ain't no Barry.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Your girl "M" Knows what B Sanders will do to you on any given Sunday.
 11-14-2012, 07:57 AM         #83
TriniChief 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 banga said:
I already said Adrian Peterson can have my first wife on facebook.

I feel like I'm getting to watch the Jordan of running backs on Sundays all over again.
Damn Right!
 5 years ago '04        #84
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
and i wanted this nicca over jamarcus
 5 years ago '04        #85
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2019 2019
dude is the truth..

still remember my Browns passing on him for Joe Thomas.. a franchise needs an all-time pro Left Tackle.. I understood the pick.. but damn.. All Day is that dude!!

I think he will break lots of records.
 5 years ago '04        #86
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
 GollyI'mGully said:
and i wanted this nicca over jamarcus
 5 years ago '05        #87
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,512 | Props total: 4441 4441
 Tony Romo God said:
that body already has a lot of wear and tear, he won't even make it to 15,000 yards
Just like he wont make it out of college, just like he wont make back from the injury last year.

C'mon dude, if Adrian Peterson has taught us anything is that he's the next step of human evolution.

Homo-Adrianicus. This muthafucca defys modern medicine. Hats off to him. It must be exiciting to be a Vikes fan.

Shout out to my boy Lynch though, 2nd best back in the league and that's okay.
 5 years ago '12        #88
KUKOC 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,772 | Props total: 1382 1382
Ap is nice..but not even close to barrys level...when comparin 2 players u have to switch positions..put AP behind that lions o-line..and barry behind that vikings o line

and has everyone forgot that vikings D was nice for a cool min..meanin more chances on O..barry had to try to score every possesion just to stay in the game

oh and LT is a top 5 all time..AP got a way to go
 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM         #89
upandcumingband 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ap da gawddd but barry is upper echelon man iono it will take some time
 5 years ago '04        #90
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,333 | Props total: 11376 11376
Barry is my favorite football player ever, AP has been my favorite current player since he was in college despite him not being a Gator though I am also a big Vikes fan. Then my second favorite player Harvin goes from my Gators to my Vikes, sh*t was like a dream. Now only if they could win a fu*king SB before I die.
 5 years ago '12        #91
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,136 | Props total: 15821 15821
This n*gga AP is not human
 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM         #92
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P Griff said:
The GOAT and the Baby GOAT
 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM         #93
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Longevity is the hardest thing for running backs. Every year a running back breaks out and then disappears a few years later. That's why the people saying he will be one of the greatest ever have to realize it won't be easy.

That's why I give so much credit to emmit smith. I don't think he was the most talented rb of all time but you have to rank him up there because he was the most consistent. Every year he broke a 1000 yards with ease. He has the rushing record which I think is the hardest record to break in the nfl so he deserves a lot of credit.
 5 years ago '06        #94
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
imagine if Brady had him on his team
 5 years ago '07        #95
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Two of my all time favs. Glad I got to witness Barry and now AP.
 11-14-2012, 03:46 PM         #96
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotBYoungTurk said:
dude is the truth..

still remember my Browns passing on him for Joe Thomas.. a franchise needs an all-time pro Left Tackle.. I understood the pick.. but damn.. All Day is that dude!!

I think he will break lots of records.
Good thing yall got trent...

11-14-2012, 03:48 PM         #97
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The baby GOAT???

As if Adrian Peterson is Better than Walter Payton or Jim Brown.
 5 years ago '04        #98
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,497 | Props total: 6073 6073
need to get the fuk away from minn if he want a championship
 5 years ago '04        #99
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 palogee said:
Comparing Mr. Fumblerusky to the most impressive back this world has ever seen?

Herman Moore had them stats because the defense was worried about BARRY! They had an average QB, sub par O line, and outside of Chris Speilman and Jerry Ball at Nose Tackle there wasn't anyone on the defense that you were afraid of.

Man Barry was that dude. Period. He made watching football on Turkey Day what it is today. AP is Good, but he ain't no Barry.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Your girl "M" Knows what B Sanders will do to you on any given Sunday.
See this the sh*t i am talking about right here... Once a player retires people quickly get amnesia about a player and only see highlights and that gets imprinted in their brains... the fact you would call AP Mr. Fumblerusky and not say the same for Barry is exactly how i know you didn't watch Barry during that time... And you damn sure didn't listen to sports talk about him... Barry put the ball on the ground alot his first few years and actually continued to do it throughout his career...

Through their first 5 seasons in 73 games Barry Fumbled 28 times compared to AP 22 times... But yet you call AP Fumblerusky... AP already has had 2 seasons with less than 2 fumbles... Barry in his whole career only had 1 season under 2 fumbles... Barry was great and was a highlight machine... But he also had more negative plays than anybody... Barry was rarely in between... He either got you a big run or a bad loss... He didn't consistently get you 4 and 5 yard gains... You can blame his O-line for that but people forget Derrick Moore who took over for Barry had 56 carries for 259 yards averaging 4.6 yards per carry in the 3 games he started for Barry following his injury in 1993... So their O-line could not have been as bad as people think if the backup can come in and average almost 5 yards a carry as well...

AP out of all RB's has less negative plays than any back the last 5 years... Chris Johnson is a modern day Barry Sanders... A player who spends alot of time making players miss in the backfield and who gets criticized for not just hitting the hole sometimes instead of dancing in the backfield when they lose yards... These are the things i remember about Barry Sanders watching him growing up... Great exciting back who struggled in short yardage and goal line situations... But his big play ability became all we know today after he retired... Jim Brown is still the GOAT back of all time... Obviously i didn't get to see him play but there were no knocks on Brown's game
 5 years ago '12        #100
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,056 | Props total: 593 593
Just for fun.

Chris Johnson: First 5 years.
Total Yards: 8,079
Touchdowns: 46
Fumbles: 13

CJ2K currently has 6,507 rushing yards, with plenty of games left. Those numbers will change as this season goes on.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy