Nov 11 - Texas Petitions to withdraw from the United States of America

most viewed right now
 129
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 72
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 69
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 42
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
 Jimmy Breaux said:
Get rid of fu*k a.ss Florida too.


[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '05        #42
TitoDaMayne 
space
avatar space
space
$680 | Props total: 2 2
LOL, i live in texas.
















 5 years ago '09        #43
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
Too many rich muthafu*kas in Texas to allow this. You think a Bush would let this happen?
 5 years ago '12        #44
GoldRush 63 heat pts63
space
avatar space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 538 538
Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

The petitions are short and to the point. For example, a petition from the Volunteer State reads: "Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." Of all the petitions, Texas has the most signatures so far, with more than 23,000.

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

out here its been a red state forever, & folks aint trying to see that change
 11-13-2012, 01:01 AM         #45
Lazy Mikey  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its not just Texas.

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

The petitions are short and to the point. For example, a petition from the Volunteer State reads: "Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." Of all the petitions, Texas has the most signatures so far, with more than 23,000.

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

An article from WKRC quotes a University of Louisville political science professor who explained that these petitions aren't uncommon. Similar petitions were filed following the 2004 and 2008 elections. Still, should the petitions garner 25,000 signatures in a month, they will require an official response from the Obama administration.

From the We the People site:


The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

Not everybody who wants to secede is polite enough to write a petition. Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County (Texas) Republican Party, wrote a post-election newsletter in which he urges the Lone Star State to leave the Union.


"We must contest every single inch of ground and delay the baby-murdering, tax-raising socialists at every opportunity. But in due time, the maggots will have eaten every morsel of flesh off of the rotting corpse of the Republic, and therein lies our opportunity... Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government? Let each go her own way in peace, sign a free trade agreement among the states and we can avoid this gut-wrenching spectacle every four years."


 5 years ago '04        #46
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
avatar space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
 nightmare said:
i feel theres gonna be alot of violence within the next couple of decades
try a couple of year, imo. n*gga, if 12/21/2012 is really a pivotal day, then try next month.

 sflm said:
You're all clearly morons.
please state why.

 GoldRush said:
out here its been a red state forever, & folks aint trying to see that change
that's the problem. people don't like change.

 Lazy Mikey said:
Its not just Texas.

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

The petitions are short and to the point. For example, a petition from the Volunteer State reads: "Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." Of all the petitions, Texas has the most signatures so far, with more than 23,000.

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

An article from WKRC quotes a University of Louisville political science professor who explained that these petitions aren't uncommon. Similar petitions were filed following the 2004 and 2008 elections. Still, should the petitions garner 25,000 signatures in a month, they will require an official response from the Obama administration.

From the We the People site:


The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

Not everybody who wants to secede is polite enough to write a petition. Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County (Texas) Republican Party, wrote a post-election newsletter in which he urges the Lone Star State to leave the Union.


"We must contest every single inch of ground and delay the baby-murdering, tax-raising socialists at every opportunity. But in due time, the maggots will have eaten every morsel of flesh off of the rotting corpse of the Republic, and therein lies our opportunity... Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government? Let each go her own way in peace, sign a free trade agreement among the states and we can avoid this gut-wrenching spectacle every four years."


interesting. i was told obama would win last year by someone, can't remember who but they broke it down crazy to me, and it turned out that person was right. now, since this is the case, i have to wonder WHY he won. we probably won't see the results immediately, but then again why not.

now, i like barack as a person and the fact that, as a black man, he became prez....however, knowing that politics is smoke and mirrors, i'm going to look past the fact and joy of having a black man as president and get into the strategy of such a move. now, i think that he's been re-elected to be the scapegoat for the collapse of this economy. and actions like this being taken by its citizens are not good and the beginning of a bad look. if more states do this, i wonder what's going to happen. with 2 states legalizing weed against the wishes of the FEDS, i wonder how these frictions are going to play out with the states pitted against the feds. the next few years in this country are going to be very, very interesting.
 5 years ago '10        #47
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
Would be weird as hell
 5 years ago '04        #48
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
@ people saying cartels and the Taliban would take over. Texas citizens and the Texas guard have more firepower than the entire Middle East (minus Israel).

And Texas is currently a tax free state, but they could easily get more revenue by instituting a 5% or 10% tax which would be a huge revenue increase--from 0% to 10%. And people would pay it because they wouldn't have to pay federal taxes, medicare, or social security anymore. That money could build a huge army in no time.
 5 years ago '04        #49
tnice 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,346 | Props total: 3278 3278
miss me with this bullsh*t.
 5 years ago '11        #50
ShaquilleBrown 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$8,786 | Props total: 1346 1346
 getyagameup said:
try a couple of year, imo. n*gga, if 12/21/2012 is really a pivotal day, then try next month.
 5 years ago '05        #51
freshtoodef 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,612 | Props total: 4375 4375
texas would turn into red dawn
 5 years ago '04        #52
Fam37 
space
space
space
$335 | Props total: 13 13
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
texans know they wont be a red state for too much longer

texas, new York,and cali electoral votes all going blue


and florida possibly with older cubans dying and younger cubans voting democrats
New York has always been a democratic state but you are right so far
 5 years ago '04        #53
Prjhov03 
space
avatar space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
That would be the dumbest thing any state would do!
 5 years ago '04        #54
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$6,610 | Props total: 4183 4183
 TB said:
hell yeah, o'reilly and beck would k!ll themselves on air
I almost fell out my chair in the office..
 5 years ago '04        #55
nando 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,018 | Props total: 249 249
 Jimmy Breaux said:
Get rid of fu*k a.ss Florida too.


[pic - click to view]

I got a better idea... how about we get rid of
[pic - click to view]

and all those fu*k a.ss n*ggas like you...
 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM         #56
!LL MuZ!k  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 getyagameup said:
try a couple of year, imo. n*gga, if 12/21/2012 is really a pivotal day, then try next month.



please state why.



that's the problem. people don't like change.



interesting. i was told obama would win last year by someone, can't remember who but they broke it down crazy to me, and it turned out that person was right. now, since this is the case, i have to wonder WHY he won. we probably won't see the results immediately, but then again why not.

now, i like barack as a person and the fact that, as a black man, he became prez....however, knowing that politics is smoke and mirrors, i'm going to look past the fact and joy of having a black man as president and get into the strategy of such a move. now, i think that he's been re-elected to be the scapegoat for the collapse of this economy. and actions like this being taken by its citizens are not good and the beginning of a bad look. if more states do this, i wonder what's going to happen. with 2 states legalizing weed against the wishes of the FEDS, i wonder how these frictions are going to play out with the states pitted against the feds. the next few years in this country are going to be very, very interesting.
I predict Martial Law 12/21/2012
 5 years ago '12        #57
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,465 | Props total: 1009 1009
The South shall rise again!


[pic - click to view]



siiiiikkkkke


Last edited by Prostyle; 11-13-2012 at 08:51 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #58
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$19,661 | Props total: 4498 4498
at you texans thinking yall safe talking we got more fire power than all the other states and ish

cmon son yall aint got ish especially ish that can take on cartels

silly brainwashed americans
 5 years ago '05        #59
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
from what i been reading i got this to say......if texas could handle cartels, then why are cartels a problem? why are cartels so big time?
 5 years ago '11        #60
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
avatar space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
Some people are living a fantasy .
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 8
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy