Nov 11 - Cornel West: Obama Is A ‘Rockefeller Republican In ‘Blackface; Sharpton, Dyson R Up 4 Sale

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
51 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #61
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
1. n*gga is crazy

2. he has some great points tho

3. his credibility is shot cause he is known as an obama hater

4. obama will be judged off his 2nd term, point.blank.period. that 1st term was a joke for several reasons.....
 5 years ago '06        #62
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Nobody is supposed to "like" any of these politicians. I think that's part of the problem IMO. IF we looked at these guys as what they are, politicians out to make a buck and increase their power, then we would know that they don't really have our best interest in mind. I'm not a conservative and I would never vote for Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan, but it seems like when we elected Obama back in '08, people just stopped pushing for the things they asked for during the election and only started paying attention again in August 2012, which is exactly what washington wants. They don't want a well informed electorate.

I always liked Cornel West because he really believes what he says and he doesn't have some BS agenda about blindly pulling for people that look like him. I think Dyson does that sometimes and it's sad because he's too damn smart for that.
 5 years ago '05        #63
DocHollywood13 
space
space
$226 | Props total: 5 5
If ever this statement fit a man with a big mouth it's Cornel " When It's All Said and Done, More is Said than Done. "
 5 years ago '06        #64
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 NoTitleSince73 said:
been saying this, which is why its so funny when people label him as some far left extremist. sh*t I wish he was, then maybe we would have legalized pot, a single payer healthcare system, drones wouldn't be our number 1 export and Wall St. would have gotten some real reform.
na ur wrong, he'd prolly be dead
 5 years ago '06        #65
space
space
 nastynoble said:
This is called Ad Hominem...

You can't answer any of dr. west points so you decide to attack him personally.

oh sweet fallacies.

media got you blinded and you will be chattel
this is boxden in a nutshell
 5 years ago '06        #66
space
space
 Adamsville said:
Obama never pretended to be anything but a watered down Republican with a just a hint of liberalism
im gonna have to agree here, all the things that Obama does that ppl are mad about , he sed he was gonna do, but most ppl were caught up the allure and hype and didnt really pay much attention that
 5 years ago '04        #67
young_al 
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 88 88
Dr. Cornell West needs to run for an office, or design a think tank if he is so passionate about
the struggles of poor blacks. President Obama was created by George Soros, and Zbigniew Brzezinski help create the Obama product. The brand name media hustlers are nothing more than attention whoring for cash. Travon martin is a good example every race hustler trying throw out jabs, but what are they doing now to prevent another TM? I don't see anyone going to there state legislature to change guns laws. The only rapper I seen politically active is k!ller mike when he said state."He join the NRA because he want to use that org for his agenda". This second term is where I think the real change should happen, but what will black people do AFTER OBAMA? What happens when a new white face is in office? Blacks need to prepare for the future.

Black Agenda

1. Focus on Education reform improving graduation rates from k-12 preparing students to become "college ready", so it doesn't take students longer than 4 years to graduate.
2. Focus on entrepreneurship and making opportunities for minorities with progressive corporate and government policies that influencing social change. (EX. why are their so many liquor stores in the hood?)
3. Stop the exploitation of black communities by foreign interest, media, banks, and corporations that do not care about these communities. fu*k most rappers that don't contribute to they hoods. They a.ss aint balling they broke spending some rich jewish executive's money!
4. If the right wing extremist groups can have their organizations then let black orgs/think tanks create they own black secret societies to support their communities.
5. These corrupt church leaders, activist, and politicians that get reelected are not honoring
their promise to the people/communities make sure they get exposed or lose their job. Don't cover for them expose them!

President Obama cant focus on black issues alone he has to do what ever is best for America's global business interest. He is working with everybody money, and my only thing is black money don't bounce like Jewish money.

Last edited by young_al; 11-12-2012 at 08:32 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #68
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
thats a good way of putting it. cfr obama
 11-12-2012, 09:19 AM         #69
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's easy to talk sh*t from the sidelines. Leaders lead and followers criticize. Dr. West never lead a movement of his own, I've never seen him in the hood helping people out, I don't know of any programs he has started that helps our community.....before becoming president, Obama was in the hood helping brothers and sisters out. He has more credibility to me than Dr. West
 5 years ago '07        #70
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16133 16133
 down2earth said:
Cornell West is a known Obama hater. He is a hypocritical loud mouth that does nothing but talk about "Oh how the poor are being oppressed! Why, oh why are they oppressed?!?" yet he makes $$$ from seminars and teaching classes where he barely shows up cus he's too busy making $$$ from book tours. We all know the big reason he criticizes Obama is cus he got stiffed for tickets to the first inauguration. He is the least credible source of criticism on President Obama next to those schmucks on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

he has some points, but this post speaks truth too
 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM         #71
Real Hustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 p00rky said:
He has somewhat of a point. But he has never liked Obama.
He supported him in 2008 for his first election.
 5 years ago '05        #72
maddnyss 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
 Kadillac87 said:
You do realize what Obama was doing before he was a politician right? You must have missed all the attacks on him for being a community organizer in Chicago.

Most of the problems in the black community are self inflicted. Not too many bills Obama can sign that stop single mothers being forced to raise their child along after their father bails. What bill can Obama sign that will stop kids from looking up to rappers or gang members because their parents are not their to guide them? It's just a cycle. Whenever there's a positive role model for the black community, other black leaders try to tear him down for not being black enough.

What do I want from Cornel? I would rather him do something other than promote books and speaking events for profits. Where is that money going to other than his pockets? Is he using that money to build facilities to help the community? Paying for someone's education? He can't fix all the problems in the black community just like Obama can't fix all the problems in the black community. What he can do is stop causing division on who is considered black and who is not.
 5 years ago '04        #73
IllmaticReignz 
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 760 760
What I think Cornel is tryna to say is that he would like for Obama to tackle the issues that is "untouchable" for presidents. Back in his community organizer days he would tackle those points, make a stand if u say but with no worries about back lash. See the thing with Presidents are that they have power but nothing that can overturn everybody and everything. There is a reason why Obama wont touch things like the prisons like cornel was stating. Its not like he doesnt have a problem with it and wants a stand for it, but he has to have everyone in congress, house and senate, supreme court on his side. Its almost being radical in a sense. Like Cornel West is the democrats radical compared to Rush Limbaugh to Republicans. Cornel has points and gives good reasoning, but like the famous saying goes, its not what you do, its how you do it. You have to do it right for results to happen.
 11-12-2012, 11:47 AM         #74
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love Cornel, but this is embarrassing.
 5 years ago '04        #75
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 jplaydadon said:
youre stupud. you really are. so there arent latino, white, black, italian, jewish, etc etc etc communities in the united states? you fu*ktard, we are a conglomerate of communities, all living in the same country. were not a "melting pot" but a collage of people with a distinct cultural histories in this country. the fu*k you mean a "so-called black community". dumbass, where ever black ppl are in large number, they generally suffer from similar conditions, conditions that are a result of a long history of oppression that was widespread all over america, not just in certain places, and not just for certain classes of blacks. that goes for most people. i could go on on how stupid that is, but you totally missed my point. no one said just be the black president, i just said step up and address some of OUR issues, which he hasnt as West stated. hell they had to beg the guy to even speak to the congressional black caucus (though they aint doing sh*t either). and hes given nothing but lip service to the things that plague our community.

and what do you mean why do we need intellectuals? do you realize how stupid that is? intellectuals are the ones who guide social change. huey newton, MLK, Malcolm X, Marcus garvey, John Henrik Clarke, etc etc, all helped guide blacks and were all intellectuals. every group of people has intellectuals that lead them. even white ppl, thats what they have think tanks of theorists and professors etc who help politicians make policy decisions. its why so much money is given to academia. hell intellectuals are responsible for much of what ppl think and believe about themselves. thats why its important that we have ppl who understand, investigate, and articulate our own history and perspective to us, cause if you dont know your past, you cant explain your present and have a plan for the future.

and not every US citizen is the same. they dont all live in the same places, have the same cultures, and suffer in equal proportion from the same issues. so as a person in charge you have to understand those things and deal with them. obama has not done that. period.
I can't believe that n*gga said that there's no such thing as a black community..
 5 years ago '07        #76
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
Cornel makes some good points, but I do think a lot of the time he does a lot more talking than anything else. But hes right on that, Obama needs to be pushed.
 5 years ago '05        #77
GameBreaker 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 0 0
 nastynoble said:
i really dont see it like that.

childish name calling is words like Idiot, dumbass, loser, f*ggot.

all these with no justification to them

why dont you ask yourself the question of what does cornel west mean by a rockefeller republican and then look at obama's pro-wallstreet/central bank/corpartion 1st term and maybe the label might make a bit more sense.
I know exactly what a Rockerfeller Republican is. I'm talking about using the term blackface which is demeaning. That is uncalled for and immature. Should he act a certain way just because he's black?
 5 years ago '06        #78
Wood Grain 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,197 | Props total: 21 21
 whouthinkitis said:
I can't fu*k with Cornel West period neither or Tavis Smiley dude has been sh*ttin' on Obama (along w/Jesse ever since Obama stepped foot into office) and these guys don't get is that it's not about just about helping black folks overcome the struggle it's helping folks that struggling period and that's at least what Obama is trying to do.
Name one black person Obama as helped personally? Mexican..white... Asian at that? Regardless of race Obama is not "helping" us. He is helping destroy the great republic we once had. No he's not the first Prez to do so but he is just a another puppet in a long line of corrupt figure heads.
 5 years ago '07        #79
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
 Wood Grain said:
Name one black person Obama as helped personally? Mexican..white... Asian at that? Regardless of race Obama is not "helping" us. He is helping destroy the great republic we once had. No he's not the first Prez to do so but he is just a another puppet in a long line of corrupt figure heads.
 5 years ago '04        #80
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
jplaydadon is trolling. He never met Cornel West before. Never met Obama probably never even saw them speak in person. I have and let me tell you all he does is talk down on black people as a whole or on any figure that isnt already dead.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy