Nov 11 - Cornel West: Obama Is A ‘Rockefeller Republican In ‘Blackface; Sharpton, Dyson R Up 4 Sale

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
158 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #41
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1113 1113
 jplaydadon said:
having faith in what system? im the last person to have faith in THIS system, ive known for a while now that my people arent a part of it unless they are being used and im not down with white western hegemony at all. but as far as intellectuals are concerned, i dnt see how this is even a debate, not everyone has the time nor access to information, nor the ability to critically think and analyze whats going on around them. thats why intellectuals are and have always been important. a lot of our problems and the solutions to them have been articulated to us long ago but talented and intelligent individuals who have had our best interest at heart. and nothing in the world is wrong with listening to smart people who are looking out for you. not to say you go wholeheartedly on what you are told, obviously you are supposed to think for yourself, but some ppl have insight and abilities that others dont. thats why were organize ourselves according to how our abilities best help ourselves and communities.

and blacks law dictionary isnt the definitive definition of what a race is as that has always changed to benefit the ppl who are privledged to give our those labels in the first place. the point is, the stuff you said makes no damn sense
You still don't get it.. point is that you are under color law simple as that.. this is a spiritual war out here.. keep thinking that you need to see everything that is going on.. all the words you use keep playing with them and see where that gets you..
 5 years ago '04        #42
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
 Kadillac87 said:
You do realize what Obama was doing before he was a politician right? You must have missed all the attacks on him for being a community organizer in Chicago.

Most of the problems in the black community are self inflicted. Not too many bills Obama can sign that stop single mothers being forced to raise their child along after their father bails. What bill can Obama sign that will stop kids from looking up to rappers or gang members because their parents are not their to guide them? It's just a cycle. Whenever there's a positive role model for the black community, other black leaders try to tear him down for not being black enough.

What do I want from Cornel? I would rather him do something other than promote books and speaking events for profits. Where is that money going to other than his pockets? Is he using that money to build facilities to help the community? Paying for someone's education? He can't fix all the problems in the black community just like Obama can't fix all the problems in the black community. What he can do is stop causing division on who is considered black and who is not.
so the school system taking advantage of our kids, wrongfully placing perfectly fine black children disproportionately in special ed so the school can make 1000 percent profits per child to fund the education of other kids is self inflicted? pharmaceutical companies profiting from disproportionately puttin our kids on medications they dont need that severly affect their health and sterility is self inflicted. poor air quality and hazardous wastes being dumped in our communities more than any other is self inflicted? our kids being sent through the legal system at higher rates than kids of any other race for the same crimes is self inflicted? black men and women getting paid less on average than members of other races in the same professions is self inflicted? rampant gentrification? i mean dude, im not gonna keep on with that tip but we deal with issues stemming from a LEGACY of oppression that continues to persist and reinvent itself. america did not all of a sudden become fair and black ppl didnt realize it. not all of our issues are self inflicted nor are the reasons you listed the sole reasons for our condition. no one is asking for obama to be a savior, all we said is try to address SOME of our issues, let us know you see us. we see him meeting the demands of everyone else. or trying to.

as far as cornell, i think hes a bit of an attention seeker and somewhat compromised by his own interests, but doesnt make his points less valid, nor do i think you can undervalue the importance of having the ability to critique when black ppl in general clearly refuse to do so when it comes to the president. the guy hasnt done sh*t that benefits us, period and hes catered his whole presidency to spreading white western supremacy. i dont see ppl like that as good role models for black kids tbh. we have plenty better than obama. and i think even though cornell has some issues, he has dedicated his life to at least helping identify the areas of concern for blacks and his books and speeches are his way of getting that message out. hell the dude has to live too and id rather our intellectuals live good, so long as they arent compromised, than these rappers, athletes, and other ppl we idolize. sh*t ppl like cheik anta diop, john henrik clarke, and dr ben yoesf jochannon werent building sh*t and paying for anyones education, cause they were educating people and giving them something invaluable.

Last edited by jplaydadon; 11-11-2012 at 10:39 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #43
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
You still don't get it.. point is that you are under color law simple as that.. this is a spiritual war out here.. keep thinking that you need to see everything that is going on.. all the words you use keep playing with them and see where that gets you..
a spiritual war? fool there is REAL sh*t going on out there thats very tangible and you think is is some kind of spiritual war? man look we just see things differently, but im done
 5 years ago '05        #44
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589
Obama never pretended to be anything but a watered down Republican with a just a hint of liberalism
 5 years ago '04        #45
grandercreed 
space
space
space
$37 | Props total: 2 2
you gotta take everything cornel say with a tablespoon lawry's season salt. this is the same fool who teaches african american studies at schools like princeton and had to remove the 'dr.' from his name because he hasn't written any scholarly books.
 5 years ago '11        #46
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 jplaydadon said:
so the school system taking advantage of our kids, wrongfully placing perfectly fine black children disproportionately in special ed so the school can make 1000 percent profits per child to fund the education of other kids is self inflicted? pharmaceutical companies profiting from disproportionately puttin our kids on medications they dont need that severly affect their health and sterility is self inflicted. poor air quality and hazardous wastes being dumped in our communities more than any other is self inflicted? our kids being sent through the legal system at higher rates than kids of any other race for the same crimes is self inflicted? black men and women getting paid less on average than members of other races in the same professions is self inflicted? rampant gentrification? i mean dude, im not gonna keep on with that tip but we deal with issues stemming from a LEGACY of oppression that continues to persist and reinvent itself. america did not all of a sudden become fair and black ppl didnt realize it. not all of our issues are self inflicted nor are the reasons you listed the sole reasons for our condition. no one is asking for obama to be a savior, all we said is try to address SOME of our issues, let us know you see us. we see him meeting the demands of everyone else. or trying to.

as far as cornell, i think hes a bit of an attention seeker and somewhat compromised by his own interests, but doesnt make his points less valid, nor do i think you can undervalue the importance of having the ability to critique when black ppl in general clearly refuse to do so when it comes to the president. the guy hasnt done sh*t that benefits us, period and hes catered his whole presidency to spreading white western supremacy. i dont see ppl like that as good role models for black kids tbh. we have plenty better than obama. and i think even though cornell has some issues, he has dedicated his life to at least helping identify the areas of concern for blacks and his books and speeches are his way of getting that message out. hell the dude has to live too and id rather our intellectuals live good, so long as they arent compromised, than these rappers, athletes, and other ppl we idolize. sh*t ppl like cheik anta diop, john henrik clarke, and dr ben yoesf jochannon werent building sh*t and paying for anyones education, cause they were educating people and giving them something invaluable.
The funny part is, most of the stuff you have listed, Obama is doing something about. Black kids being disportionately placed in special education. You know what they said the solutions was for this? Better trained teachers and more effective school systems. Is Obama not pushing training more teachers to better our school system?

Pharmacetuical companies making profit is not a problem relegated to only Black America.

You mention air quality? Ever heard of cap and trade?

Then you mention crime. Has Obama not signed laws that narrow cocaine sentencing disparities. You know, something that greatly affected African American. Has Obama not pushed for the decriminalization of marijuana?

Has Obama not pushed for the Paycheck Fairness Act?

So I'm guessing none of those goes to help fixing the problems that you mention? What you want him to do? Wave a magic wand and lift every person out of poverty and the problem it causes?

Yet you say Obama hasn't done anything to help black people? What policies would you put in place to alleviate those problems?

5 years ago '11        #47
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
 Kadillac87 said:
Occupy Wallstreet was a movement with no direction. He just attached himself for publicity. What was the purpose of the protest? Still, nobody knows. I have the same problem with West that I have with Sharpton. They usually only attach themselves to a matter to garner attention. If he cares about the plight of black people so much, where's he at trying to get the guns off of these Chicago streets. Even Obama was doing that before he ran for office.

Dr. West has never supported because he feels Obama is not black enough. I guess Dr. West feels Obama is only suppose to care about Black America even though he's President of the entire USA.

It's just jealousy, crab in a barrel mentality.
Exactly. This is the issue I have with Sharpton & Jesse Jackson as well they only come around when something has mad publicity to it and when its gone they fade to black. They do a bunch of talking but no action.
 5 years ago '07        #48
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 utdpridah said:
Not an Obama fan, but he did just handle a major problem. Sandy. Only reason it's not as bad as Katrina is he was prepared and had everyone else prepared.
no, sandy was handled because NYC is the city of the world. everyone has money invested in it and will die before it goes down like a new orleans.
 5 years ago '07        #49
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 GameTheory said:
The fu*k do you all expect?

The stuff he does by nature helps black people indirectly. You expect him to just pass pro-black legislation labeled as such?

This should be a reminder to you all. This is more than BLACK people, its ALL people.
i agree that everything is bigger than just one race or ethnicity.

BUT obama has helped big corporations and wall street 1000000000x more than the public.

to counter this with the "he had to help those businesses because they give jobs" is nonsense, let those corps and banks fall and others will eventually replace them and are less likely to make those same mistakes.
 5 years ago '11        #50
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
 GameTheory said:
The fu*k do you all expect?

The stuff he does by nature helps black people indirectly. You expect him to just pass pro-black legislation labeled as such?

This should be a reminder to you all. This is more than BLACK people, its ALL people.
And that's what I've said in this thread but folks act like they S.O.S. ....
 5 years ago '04        #51
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
The funny part is, most of the stuff you have listed, Obama is doing something about. Black kids being disportionately placed in special education. You know what they said the solutions was for this? Better trained teachers and more effective school systems. Is Obama not pushing training more teachers to better our school system?

Pharmacetuical companies making profit is not a problem relegated to only Black America.

You mention air quality? Ever heard of cap and trade?

Then you mention crime. Has Obama not signed laws that narrow cocaine sentencing disparities. You know, something that greatly affected African American. Has Obama not pushed for the decriminalization of marijuana?

Has Obama not pushed for the Paycheck Fairness Act?

So I'm guessing none of those goes to help fixing the problems that you mention? What you want him to do? Wave a magic wand and lift every person out of poverty and the problem it causes?

Yet you say Obama hasn't done anything to help black people? What policies would you put in place to alleviate those problems?

i had an essay typed then my computer flamed out. but boy that is a really simple response. more teachers has nothing to do with my post. black kids being disproportionately put in special classes and on medications equals major profits for schools, which they use for anything to funding other kids' education to new football uniforms. our kids have been guinea pigs in this system for years. better and more trained teachers has nothing to do with that. nor does it have to do with the lack of funding for local black schools, many of which are being closed down (which fits right into the hands of privatized charter school owners), our kids are being funneled to other schools for other ppls benefits. living in houston i see this sh*t all the time. and yes pharmaceutical companies HAVE been getting over/ experimenting on black ppl for ages is disproportionate numbers and this is an example of that. so miss me with that

as far as cap and trade. are you serious? dude that has NOTHING to do with 99 percent of power plants in major cities being put in black areas, with an accompanying decrease and air and water quality. this happens all over the country. cap and trade is about a general cut in emmisions, not where trash and bad air/water go, which is mainly to us in our neighborhoods.

as far as crime, cool he signed something on cocaine and pushed for marijuana to be legalized (self interest if you ask me), but that has nothing to do with the fact that there are PLENTY of areas where blacks and other minorities are disproportionately punished from the most juvinile sentences to the death penalty. hes said/done nothing really about the increased privatization of prisons and the cradle that funnels our kids through it for corporate profits. im talkin about the bigger system in general and you naming tiny a.ss gestures. if he can address gay marriage, latin immigration, ally himself with israel, etc, he can speak OUT about issues plaguing us without fearing that hes being "racist".

you speak on paycheck fairness act. the fu*k does that have to do with race and unequal pay? NOTHING. that is meant to address the GENDER gap, not the RACIAL GAP which affect minorities, esp us, more than it does anyone else.

you graft to a bunch of a simple a.ss sh*t to justify supporting obama, but really the stuff you mentioned isnt really even much of a defense. not to mention he hasnt really supported the lower classes in general. most of his support has been of banks and big business and maintaining the war economy by going overseas and k!lling and bombing innocent brown people for the US's own benefit, and that only.

to answer your last question, im not really looking for a man who is clearly a western imperialist to do anything at this point. i just want black leadership and ppl in general to stop kissing his a.ss and realize that we cant depend on him or the system to change our condition. but as long as we have obama shining a light in our eyes, acting like he cares when he doesnt, we cant do sh*t. and hell barack isnt the only black poltician ignoring us, most of them are, because most of them are bought and sold by corporate interest too, but just use their skin color and a few words of encouragement to get our vote. im tired of all of them to be honest. and again obama aint and hasnt done sh*t. sue me
 5 years ago '04        #52
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 whouthinkitis said:
And that's what I've said in this thread but folks act like they S.O.S. ....
no one is SOS that sh*t just doesnt make sense. there isnt one policy or issue that affects ALL people in the same way. plus if you know anything about history and the type of system we live in, you would realize that INTEREST is what drives politics, not some common good for all. plato himself said this way back when dude. the US is nothing more than a bunch of interest groups competing for privilege, mostly along the lines of race and class, since those were the founding organizing principles in this country. we are one too and we should make demands in the interest of BLACK people, because we have been ignored for too long along those lines. we need to demand of the government as well as of ourselves. because if they get our vote they are obligated to us and our concerns too. why is it black ppl say this crazy sh*t when it comes to our needs. when latinos push for immigration reform, no one says, "yall dont need to worry about that, just worry about the country" or some stupid sh*t like that. or gays voting because the prez supports gay marriage. thats because you vote for the candidate who best suits YOUR needs.
 11-12-2012, 12:58 AM         #53
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The poor are doing good in this country. They have EBT cards and medicare, hoodrats get paid for however many kids they have.

It's the middle class getting fu*ked here.
 5 years ago '06        #54
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
and Cornell West is a sellout black academic who sits in his ivory tower on ivy league, racist campuses and cries foul all the time and makes petty, personal attacks on Obama for petty, personal reasons...

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time West got all indignant with Obama b/c Obama didn't invite him (and Tavis Smiley) to a dinner at the White House?

yeah... riiiiiight...

11-12-2012, 01:18 AM         #55
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hating a.ss n*ggas i swear

yall never satisfied, which is why nobody gives a fu*k about yall to even try anymore
 5 years ago '04        #56
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 cheguevara said:
hating a.ss n*ggas i swear

yall never satisfied, which is why nobody gives a fu*k about yall to even try anymore
huh? what is there to be satisfied with dude lol?
 11-12-2012, 03:25 AM         #57
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol all these black tv pundits are hustlers....all of them are opportunist but to be far most ppl are.....i do like smiley and dyson
 5 years ago '12        #58
Nissan Cima 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,302 | Props total: 14 14
He ain't lyin' tho...
 5 years ago '04        #59
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,483 | Props total: 2722 2722
 Nissan Cima said:
He ain't lyin' tho...
That´s what they do´!

They tell u whats not working and say things like "will he help the poor?" ...but they will never discuss concrete measures that need to be taken and how it can be done
 5 years ago '05        #60
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,989 | Props total: 10685 10685
 RubbahBandMayn said:
Did u just say there's a "so called black community"? The fu*k u from dude because I live in Atlanta and it's plenty of all black neighborhoods out here. Quit drinking that fu*kin kool aid that Barry gave you and realize that that n*gga DON'T GIVE A fu*k ABOUT U!
Wowwwwww..

Homie compared the black community to a black neighborhood...

I'm done...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy