Nov 7 - Grieving Mom Confronts Neighbors Who Refused Help As Hurricane Sandy Took Boys

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 1833 1833
Some of you n*ggas is crazy... in new Orleans during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina SOOOOOOOOO many people was helping each other... hood n*ggas saving lives. They ain't really have the media cover that sh*t tho cuz looting was more interesting tho smh.... OK punk a.ss neighbor, FCK him
 5 years ago '09        #122
Nx41fe 1 heat pts
space
space
$629 | Props total: 3 3
I'm really conflicted on this. on one hand she did make a stupid mistake that resulted in losing her children, but on the other hand, if the phone was working, then the neighborhood could've at least let her use it.
 5 years ago '11        #123
bottles 
space
space
$292 | Props total: 257 257
She knew how big the storm was going to be and made a choice to not leave, her sons deaths are on her and the boys father but of course she refuses to take responsibility for her own actions. Why would anyone endanger their lives for the stupidity of others?
 5 years ago '06        #124
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,753 | Props total: 3691 3691
 ruff said:
I'd just a.ssume someone else would help.

and if you're banging on my door during a hurricane, I'm more than likely not gonna answer the door.

Dog eat dog world.
this... but then again i wouldn't stay for a hurricane... buts thats another discussion entirely.

knocking on my door.. you might get it shoved in your face.. dude probably thought he was being robbed.. semi shady neighborhood.. powers off... your gonna be on edge too.

And no way in hell are you gonna risk life and limb to save someone elses kids... in a hurricane with flood waters rising and clearly rushing down the street.

lotta bleeding hearts in here failing to use logic.. or u don't have family or kids of your own.

bottom line.. im not risking seeing my kids grow up to save yours... and thats the beauty of free will...

Darwin candidate a.ss posters..
 11-07-2012, 09:25 PM         #125
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Calamity said:
Some of you n*ggas is crazy... in new Orleans during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina SOOOOOOOOO many people was helping each other... hood n*ggas saving lives. They ain't really have the media cover that sh*t tho cuz looting was more interesting tho smh.... OK punk a.ss neighbor, FCK him
Word! Like regardless why she decided to go outside it aint gonna put me outa my way to let her in & take shelter for a minute. Like Ima sit by the window watching this lady knocking & say to myself "now why the fuhk is she outside?" I can let her in & ask her that sh*t. Lol
"Hey lady wtf is wrong with you? You dont see that hurricane?"
Then again most of Boxden live with mommy. Muthafuhkas have to ask permission to help or not help.
 5 years ago '06        #126
space
space
space
 Jimmy Breaux said:
When there was a radioactive spill in Toronto years ago, my Dad had a minivan so as we were going to this school where the authorities wanted to keep us to get the biohazard thing under control. We picked people up that needed the ride on the way.

I don't understand this every man for themselves mentality Americans have. No sense of community, or willingness to help. Especially during a storm like Sandy.
radioactivitive spill... not the same as flood waters. in a hurricane.. in the dark. ... one requireres extensive long term exposure to k!ll... while the other is certain death the minute you slip and fall in the current...

i see what your saying... but in this case... hurricane storm surge is not the floodwaters you wanna go playing here with.. you leave that to the coastes and professional emergency responders.
 5 years ago '06        #127
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Have you ever been out during a hurricane. Have you even see what storm surge does below sea level. It all falls down to the dumbass who went out in the middle of the hurricane. I live in the state Florida and went through many cat 1-3 hurricanes. Cat 1 can make a piece of stick in to a deadly projectile. This is why you see majority of the death in the north east was from dumbass people who were outside in the storm. They died from either flood water or fallen trees. But somehow its the neighbor fault because they was dumb enough to go out in a fu*king hurricane which was seriously hyped up to epic proportion in the media.

If that lady stayed her a.ss inside her hoise, she probably would have both of her kids.

The only thing the guy can fault s that he should open the door let her in for safety. Everything is her fault.
Thankyou... and from what im reading.. she didnt want safety .. .she wanted someone to go out int he storm and be a darwin candidate with her.
 11-07-2012, 09:38 PM         #128
Joehook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jimmy Breaux said:
Nobody's gonna rob anyone in a flood.

ahh, life must look so easy when ur naive....
 11-07-2012, 09:45 PM         #129
silentdirt12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ever thought about the fact she couldnt get her boys home in time so they were trying to find shelter? i hope my damn neighbor would let me in when something like that happen so i wouldnt get washed away. but i guess not all people have that concern.
 11-07-2012, 09:45 PM         #130
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
^^Pussies

You know, some times people make horrible mistakes that they just can't take back. This seems to be a perfect example of that. But her actions are not what disturbs me, its the lack of compassion and disregard of human life exhibited by the cowardly neighbor and the ones who agree with his actions. Whether it was her fault or not, her two kids DIED. And judging by her pleas, she later realized this and begged for someone to HELP her and SAVE them...and not one person came to her aid.

I hope that dude lives for ever.
so you're encouraging stupidity?

1. the lady didn't evac when she was told too, even though she has SMALL KIDS
2. she was fu*king OUTSIDE IN THE STREET when it was hitting.
3. she wanted the guy to go OUTSIDE instead of her doing something
4. people were getting robbed all over NY by people who needed "help"

maybe the dumb bi*ch will listen next time
 5 years ago '04        #131
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 2410 2410
 11-07-2012, 09:46 PM         #132
Joehook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Ppl do dumb sh*t in panic mode. I personally dont understand all this "why did she do this why did she do that" sh*t. Like as if n*ggas is tryna justify her kids dying.
She knocked on dudes door. He was too much of a bi*ch to answer. Case closed Johnson.
Americans are so tough. And so bad. But cant help exposing themselves online. sh*t is painfully hilarious.
Stfu, open and shut huh? Just like that huh? Even with several conflicting stories, your Mr. right huh?.

Talk is so fu*king cheap, ya better pray life don't write you a check your a.ss can't cash.
 5 years ago '06        #133
space
space
space
 Venom said:
did yall even watch the vid?

she went to back of the house, grabbed a cement flower pot and tried to break the window to get in the house. and you would open the door for a person that does that?
LMAOALKSajasdflkj son.. you liable to catch a hot one!.. powers off? you throwing crap through my windows... and my famz in the house?!?!? yall tripping
 11-07-2012, 09:50 PM         #134
silentdirt12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
woah i just the video. you cant do sh^t and ask for help.
 11-07-2012, 09:55 PM         #135
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Joehook said:
Stfu, open and shut huh? Just like that huh? Even with several conflicting stories, your Mr. right huh?.

Talk is so fu*king cheap, ya better pray life don't write you a check your a.ss can't cash.
See these are the type post that irritate me most. The muthafuhkas who take it upon themselves to pick out a post to reply to & a.ssume some sh*t like everyone is THEM.
Hey fella! I fought in war. Was on a relief team that helped people in NC whos homes were ravaged by that freak tornado earlier this year. And Im starting off small. WTF have YOU done besides embarrass yourself online with bi*ch a.ss posts like these?

Nah. You outa pray God (if he does indeed exist) blesses you with a pair of nuts you stupid son of bi*ch." Lol

Now take your time picking out whatever smiley you decide to reply with.

"Pray life dont write you a check your a.ss cant cash."

Dont worry about me darling. I'll be ok.

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 11-07-2012 at 10:15 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #136
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
Damn, i feel sorry her lost, but its her fault. She put herself and her children in that situation. In a crisis you should be prepared. I'm sure if she actually knew the guy he'd help, but he didn't know her and she was being crazy. They say us southerns have hospitality but even I wouldn't have answered the door if somebody was being crazy like that, even if it was during Katrina.
 5 years ago '06        #137
space
space
space
Stole this from the CNN comments... of their race baiting piece...

Watch CNN's video.

Alan's front door is about 10 feet above street level.

CNN's story implies that Glenda Moore had her two toddler boys Brandon and Conner with her at Alan's front door--several feet above the flood water. Alan supposedly opened his front door, saw a black woman with two kids, and closed the door on them.

So, what happened between that "denial of refuge" and her throwing a concrete flower pot at the back of his house?

There's a big glass window near ground level at the base of Alan's front stairs. Why didn't Glenda Moore break that window and put Brandon and Connor inside the house where they'd be safe from the storm? That window is intact, so that means she didn't attempt to break it. That also means the floodwaters weren't high enough to break it through shear hydrostatic pressure.

Alan's front door is glass. Yes, there's probably a solid door behind it. But there's a vertical side-light made of glass beside it. If the floodwaters were up around the base of the front stairs, why didn't Glenda Moore break that side-light glass and try getting in the front door? Why did she take her toddler boys back down into the floodwaters instead of keep them up on the concrete steps and tie them off to the metal railings somehow?

There's a fence surrounding Alan's side and backyard. That fence is about 2 feet higher than the top of the big glass window at the front of the house. The fact that window wasn't broken through hydrostatic pressure means that the floodwaters did not crest over top of Alan's fence.
If the water did not flow over top of Alan's fence, then the boys never were in his yard.

That means that they had to have been swept out of mom's arms as soon as she climbed down Alan's front steps (because they were with her at the front door, supposedly).

Their tiny bodies were not caught up in the bushes from the sidewalk up to the fence. That means their bodies went against the flow of water, around the bushes, around the trees, didn't get tangled up in the fallen tree's roots, and got washed out into the marsh.

The physics just isn't working out here.

Please, someone explain that. CNN, care to take a whack?

Maybe the a.ssociated Press has it right, based on a police press release: Glenda Moore lost Brandon and Connor soon after getting them out of their overturned, submerged SUV. It was only after they boys were swept away into the marsh that she was able to climb out of the marsh and go ask people to help her look for her babies.

LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC.... she lost the kids before she got to dudes house. .. like a.ssociate press said it.. and no one is gonna go looking around for some kids in a storm surge with a current.... and she tried to break in his house???!!!
 5 years ago '04        #138
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
Humor me, fellas. Given everything you've read, into consideration: what exactly would you do in that situation? You open the door and then you'd...

There's a difference between trying to save someone's life and blindly getting yourself into danger for no reason. This argument reminds me of the f-ggot who left his girl at the Colorado theater during the shooting and sped off in a car.

It's one thing if the kids were drowning in a controlled environment but it's a damn hurricane! There's very little the guy could've done, especially at 60+ years old.

And thinking he might get robbed is legitimate too. Hundreds of folks got robbed and jumped by pricks impersonating ConEd workers during the blackout.

Everyone has the superhero mentality in the comfort of their own home. If you weren't affected by this storm or were in the NY area at the time, you have little room to speak on this.

I'm all for risking my life to help another human, but putting your life at risk for what's probably already a lost cause makes no sense to me.

EDIT: I'm seeing like 3 variations of this story. 1 where the kids were already swept away and others where the dude opened the door and closed it in the woman's face while she's with her kid. I don't know what to believe but my above post is towards the possibility that the kids were already gone.

Last edited by RYLNYC; 11-07-2012 at 10:25 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #139
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
 BlackRepub85 said:
First question, why was she outside with them? I need that question answered first before anything.

Second, it's a hurricane, I'm not answering no doors in a hurricane. I understand she's mad, but it brings me back to my first question, why are you outside? And she's coming back to confront them, again, why were you outside?

This....
 5 years ago '06        #140
space
space
space
MOAR INFO

Some more info about the Glenda Moore story

I found some more about the Glenda Moore incident at some local website called DNAinfo.com New York.

Police said that Moore, who is married to city sanitation worker Damien Moore, banged on the doors of several neighbors on Father Capodanno Boulevard after floodwaters swept away her young children Brendan, 2, and Connor, 4, as the superstorm raged Monday night.

I underlined the word “after” to point out that that what the police told DNAinfo agrees with the version of events that I explained in my previous blog post. The kids were already washed away before she started knocking on people doors and throwing flowerpots at their windows.

But this article is wrong in calling these people her “neighbors.” As you saw from the map in my previous post, she lives a few miles away from them. They are strangers to each other, not neighbors. The word the journalist should have used here is “houses.” She knocked on the doors of several houses.

The devastated mom who lost her two children to the floodwaters of Hurricane Sandy angrily confronted her Staten Island neighbor the day after he allegedly turned her away when she came seeking refuge from the deadly storm.

"I asked you to help me, you bastard!" Glenda Moore screamed at the man she claimed ignored her pleas as she tried desperately to get inside his home, a neighbor said.

Moore approached the man in a rage and had to be restrained by cops as she visited the site where her children were swept away the morning after the tragic incident, said neighbor George Calve, 63.

And this is why this woman pisses me off. There is absolutely nothing these people could have done to help her. It took a large number of police several days searching in daylight before they could find the bodies of her children. What could one guy have done, at night, during a hurricane? Nothing besides get himself k!lled.

Instead of putting the blame on herself where it belongs, she’s blaming these people who had nothing to do with these events, wouldn’t have been able to help her, and were foolish even to have been in those houses in the first place.

According those living along the road near where the bodies were found, the man also told them the next morning the storm that he heard someone knocking on his back door and thought it was a burglar.

"The next morning he came out wrapped in a towel," said Eugene Brener, 19. "He said somebody knocked at the door and he thought they were robbing him.

"He said, 'I’m not going to open the door, I’m not crazy.'”

Another neighbor, Inna Butenico, said that the same man grabbed her by the hand and brought her to the back of his house.

"He brought me over and said someone tried to rob me — look what happened,” she said.

"He said somebody broke his back window on the night. He was very afraid somebody would take something."

This appears to be stuff that the man told his neighbors before he knew anything about the missing children and before the police questioned him. It doesn’t mean that he’s not lying or putting a self-serving spin on the events, but it does mean that his story is consistent.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago