Nov 7 - Grieving Mom Confronts Neighbors Who Refused Help As Hurricane Sandy Took Boys

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-08-2012, 04:44 PM         #321
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:
This part of the story is NOT believable, which is why I didn't mention it. I think she made this sh*t up. If she had gotten the babies to his house, ain't NO way they would have gotten blown away without her. She would have been holding them as tight as glue. Either all or none would have got blown away.
your theory is dead on, she doesn't want to accept responsibility so she had to conjure up a lie and a scapegoat
 5 years ago '04        #322
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Play4keepz32 said:
This aint serious is it???? Pathetic if its true
Yeah it's true, as well as ConEd workers. Not to mention the wild looting during and after the hurricane.

This is why half the self-righteous clowns who live nowhere near NY/NJ need to hop off their high horse. The situation isn't that simple.
 5 years ago '04        #323
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 hood135 said:
The point is, he did nothing. Two innocent kids are dead. He didn't k!ll them. He didn't put them in that situation. But he could have helped them.

He didn't, so this man is no man at all. fu*k em.
sorry, im not putting myself in danger for strangers. i value my life too much and no reason to put 3 people in danger instead of 2.

i blame mom for letting the kids stay long enough for this sh*t to happen
 5 years ago '05        #324
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
so why were these kids outside during the storm anyway?
 5 years ago '10        #325
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 RYLNYC said:
Yeah it's true, as well as ConEd workers. Not to mention the wild looting during and after the hurricane.

This is why half the self-righteous clowns who live nowhere near NY/NJ need to hop off their high horse. The situation isn't that simple.
Exactly. I live in New England, similar sh*t was happening over here too.. n*ggas was getting tied up and robbed in their own houses DURING the storm..

People thinking that because the media only SHOWS looting and robbing after the storms that it don't happen during.
 5 years ago '04        #326
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 376 376
lotta stupid ppl in here
 5 years ago '06        #327
kast 
space
space
$879 | Props total: 328 328
ok, so she went knocking on doors while her kids were being swept away? expecting other ppl to save her kids when she was doin jack sh*t? its her fault she was tryna drive a damn car nsh*t like she aint know the hurricane was comin. Unless i literally saw and KNEW i could save the kids, i aint goin outside for sh*t. otherwise its just a death sentence for myself
 5 years ago '04        #328
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,024 | Props total: 2559 2559
 Bullseye said:
Yo hear me out... here's my theory on what REALLY happened. She's just using the old man as the blame cause she knows it's really her fault her babies are dead. Out of all the facts stated on both sides, this makes the most sense what happened in chronological order...

1. Water pushed her car off to the side of the road. She then put her boys on top of the roof of the car. The car got swept away.

2. After her babies got swept away, she said "f*ck it, I gotta try to save myself now" and ran for shelter at the old man's house. (The old man said she never had ANY kids with her, which is believable because if she got them to his house then they would have not gotten swept away.)

3. She was banging on the back door trying to get in and the old man thought it was a robber so he didn't open the door. She then broke his window with a flower pot (probably out of anger), which made it seem even MORE like she was a robber.

4. Once she realized she wasn't gonna get in the house, she said "f*ck it" and ran back out and tried to get people to help her find her babies who got swept away a long time ago already.

5. In the end, she blamed the old man for not letting her (and her babies) in as the reason her babies drowned so that nobody would suspect her of any wrongdoing, since she was the one who put her babies on top of the car before it got swept away. If you take the old man issue out of the story, don't you think this would look REAL bad for her? She's alive and her babies are dead? She would have a lot of explaining to do...

how dare you use common sense in this thread.

Mistake 1 - Leaving the house DURING a hurricane(i have people in breezy point and long beach which were demolished just as bad as SI who stayed in their houses during the storm WITH kids).

Mistake 2 - Driving along a coastal region with 16-20 foot high tide waves. That’s just common sense, if you leave your house during a storm you drive INLAND not along the water.

Mistake 3 - Not going after your OWN fu*kING kids but watching them get pulled away, then going to the closest house for help (was it for her or the kids, we will never know) after you put them on the roof of your car. If you wouldn’t risk your life for your kids why should anyone else?

Mistake 4 - Breaking a window with a flower pot? This makes me believe that she was more interested in saving herself than her kids.

Who in their right mind would open up their door DURING a hurricane to strangers knocking? Obviously those of you who would don't know NYC very well. These are the times the VULTURES come out for real. Dudes were dressing up as LIPA/Con Ed/NYPD/NYFD and robbing people at gunpoint, raping woman at gunpoint DURING the fu*king hurricane, and this goes on with every disaster here. During the blackout of 04 my neighbors at the time, got beat up and robbed because they thought Con Ed was coming to check their gas lines and make sure everything was ok.
 5 years ago '11        #329
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 hood135 said:
5'3", 130 lbs, unarmed... scary!
 UcantCme said:
in the dark you cant tell if she has more ppl with her
His name is hood135 and he doesn't see how this could've been a set up?
 5 years ago '04        #330
BigWillyNYG 5 heat pts
space
space
$949 | Props total: 156 156
 patt24 said:
how dare you use common sense in this thread.

Mistake 1 - Leaving the house DURING a hurricane(i have people in breezy point and long beach which were demolished just as bad as SI who stayed in their houses during the storm WITH kids).

Mistake 2 - Driving along a coastal region with 16-20 foot high tide waves. That’s just common sense, if you leave your house during a storm you drive INLAND not along the water.

Mistake 3 - Not going after your OWN fu*kING kids but watching them get pulled away, then going to the closest house for help (was it for her or the kids, we will never know) after you put them on the roof of your car. If you wouldn’t risk your life for your kids why should anyone else?

Mistake 4 - Breaking a window with a flower pot? This makes me believe that she was more interested in saving herself than her kids.

Who in their right mind would open up their door DURING a hurricane to strangers knocking? Obviously those of you who would don't know NYC very well. These are the times the VULTURES come out for real. Dudes were dressing up as LIPA/Con Ed/NYPD/NYFD and robbing people at gunpoint, raping woman at gunpoint DURING the fu*king hurricane, and this goes on with every disaster here. During the blackout of 04 my neighbors at the time, got beat up and robbed because they thought Con Ed was coming to check their gas lines and make sure everything was ok.

Right. Common sense isn't allowed here.

If she was driving to Brooklyn so she could have power, she is an idiot. If she was driving to a friends house to drop her kids off so she could go to work, she is an idiot. Stay the fu*k home if you didn't evacuate like you were told to. Driving your car at the peak of a huge hurricane is about the dumbest thing you could ever do. Her house wasn't flooded, her basement probably had a good amount of water but I am positive that is a better situation then take a car out into a sh*t storm. She took a route as close to the ocean as she possibly could. Do a little research before putting your two children in danger. It's not like this storm just popped up out of nowhere.

That is plain stupidity.

The hate in this thread on a man who had no idea who was knocking on his door, and who threw a pot through his window is laughable. How is he responsible? Those kids could have been anywhere by then.

You people truly expect/actually believe that when put in that situation, you would just run out into a full blown hurricane and dive into a flood searching for some random ladies kids who is throwing sh*t through your windows? And you have no idea where they are? And it is dark out? You are lying to yourself.

She is blaming other people for her serious mistakes, and you all are buying into it like sheep.

Ya'll are some judgemental idiots who are just waiting to make a point.
 5 years ago '08        #331
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,202 | Props total: 8635 8635
 Dos-effect said:
So what if it was your wife and your 2 children....I bet you would want the man to open the door then huh?

Why would anyone defend any race of person being this fu*king selfish? I mean most of the people who are defending the dude are white in this thread right?

There are whitep posters who are against this man's actions also........but it seems that the ones who are going super hard to defend this fu*kery are white..........so if your going to throw around racial accusations you shoudl evaluate your own reason for your stance........cause I wouldnt give a fu*k if the woman was white brown or black I would be a better man and do my best to aide her..........thats what any real man would have done.......all the rest of this fu*k you n*ggas are talking putting the blame of th Hurricaine on the woman......as if she controlled the whether....when all the dude had to do was give a sh*t about someone other then his fu*king self...thats it.....regardless of what led her to his home......HE COULD HAVE HELPED HER....bottom line.........stop trying to spin this so you f*gs dont feel so bad about the actual reality that is white America

smh boxden always does that...it's always about race on here whether you want to admit it or not. same thing in every single case.

i'm not spinning anything, facts are facts. and nobody blamed her for the hurricane, but it was all over the news for days ..they were told to evacuate and she didn't. how the fu*k is that NOT her fault?

if i put a gun to your head and tell you i'm gonna shoot you if you don't walk away in the next 5 minutes are you just going to sit there and wait for the 5 minutes to see what happens?

stop trying to act like it wasn't her own dumb a.ss fault because she's some helpless woman.

J-Schmoove said:
I agree its not his job to risk his life to save anybody but do you seriously believe that she wasnt yelling for help while banging on the doors? Any person with sense would yell out "Help I have kids in Danger"
She may have been yelling for help or whatever..that's not the point though.

Tell me something for all you guys saying he should have done this and that. When you see a driver stranded on the side of the road do you pull over to stop and help them? And I'm sure you'll probably say yes just for the sake of arguing but 99% of people won't. They call a fu*kin tow truck.
 5 years ago '05        #332
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,843 | Props total: 30032 30032
 corys35 said:
Don't matter, I'd risk my life to help 2 kids no matter what. I hope a stranger would do the same for mine. The ultimate sacrifice
I'm good. My life is more important
 5 years ago '04        #333
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,129 | Props total: 780 780
i see there is a bunch of super heroes on boxden
 5 years ago '05        #334
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
if i looked out the window and saw the woman with her 2 kids standing on my door step i would help them out, but that wasn't what happened here so i don't see how the guy did anything wrong.
 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM         #335
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
smh boxden always does that...it's always about race on here whether you want to admit it or not. same thing in every single case.

i'm not spinning anything, facts are facts. and nobody blamed her for the hurricane, but it was all over the news for days ..they were told to evacuate and she didn't. how the fu*k is that NOT her fault?

if i put a gun to your head and tell you i'm gonna shoot you if you don't walk away in the next 5 minutes are you just going to sit there and wait for the 5 minutes to see what happens?

stop trying to act like it wasn't her own dumb a.ss fault because she's some helpless woman.
So your saying a woman and her 2 children stuck outside in hurricane winds,freezing temperatures and flooding , outside of her car that crashed into a tree, in a neighborhood she was not familiar with is not helpless? This is the argument that alot of you are making. Let me ask you what do you consider to be the definition of helpless. I mean if she could have pulled a life raft out of her a.ss Im sure she would have, if that sounds absurd then imagine what your stance on this situation must sound like. At that moment she was helpless and needed help. Period, there is no motive behind my opinion on this, there is no bias, its just right is right and wrong is wrong.......those are facts. When you ever get through blowing your hot air, realize that there is no excuse for any person to do what that man did. And I saw the report, he is not remorseful, shamed, or even empathetic.......he does have the attitude of so many of you fake heartless bi*ches in this thread..........its not my fault, I could not have helped that woman, and its sad her kids died but its her own damn fault. Which in all actuality is just another fu*king excuse for entitled conservative American as*holes to be what they are best at being........as*holes. And what your essentially promoting with this comment is for this dude to be the as*hole he is and letting little kids die when you clearly have the power to directly make a difference, also your endorsing the right to not giving a sh*t 2 days later because in America people need to take responsibility for their own actions. And in these types of peoples eyes the as*hole who "clearly" was the hero in the situations are always the brave ones. Its amazing how it takes such brave people to perform such cowardly acts. You want to have a real conversation on this matter, stop spinning your incidental facts and start focusing on the real and only facts that matter........2 children are dead, and while its not this man's fault, he could have played a role in possible helping them if by nothing else calling the police or alerting his other neighbors of the situation to get the woman real help. He in fact was not helpless he had a sh*t load more resources to help her then she had to help herself at that moment......
 5 years ago '08        #336
Nick-401 
space
space
space
$528 | Props total: 1 1
 hood135 said:
The point is, he did nothing. Two innocent kids are dead. He didn't k!ll them. He didn't put them in that situation. But he could have helped them.

He didn't, so this man is no man at all. fu*k em.

bam. /end
 5 years ago '04        #337
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
He couldn't really have helped the kids at that point, even if he went out into the storm. What's he gonna do, jump into the rushing storm waters after two kids who probably drowned a minute after being swept away? And no rescue workers are coming out there in the height of the storm, so who is he supposed to call? The most he could have done would be to let her in so she could have shelter.

Last edited by HHS; 11-08-2012 at 08:58 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #338
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 Dos-effect said:
So your saying a woman and her 2 children stuck outside in hurricane winds,freezing temperatures and flooding , outside of her car that crashed into a tree, in a neighborhood she was not familiar with is not helpless? This is the argument that alot of you are making. Let me ask you what do you consider to be the definition of helpless. I mean if she could have pulled a life raft out of her a.ss Im sure she would have, if that sounds absurd then imagine what your stance on this situation must sound like. At that moment she was helpless and needed help. Period, there is no motive behind my opinion on this, there is no bias, its just right is right and wrong is wrong.......those are facts. When you ever get through blowing your hot air, realize that there is no excuse for any person to do what that man did. And I saw the report, he is not remorseful, shamed, or even empathetic.......he does have the attitude of so many of you fake heartless bi*ches in this thread..........its not my fault, I could not have helped that woman, and its sad her kids died but its her own damn fault. Which in all actuality is just another fu*king excuse for entitled conservative American as*holes to be what they are best at being........as*holes. And what your essentially promoting with this comment is for this dude to be the as*hole he is and letting little kids die when you clearly have the power to directly make a difference, also your endorsing the right to not giving a sh*t 2 days later because in America people need to take responsibility for their own actions. And in these types of peoples eyes the as*hole who "clearly" was the hero in the situations are always the brave ones. Its amazing how it takes such brave people to perform such cowardly acts. You want to have a real conversation on this matter, stop spinning your incidental facts and start focusing on the real and only facts that matter........2 children are dead, and while its not this man's fault, he could have played a role in possible helping them if by nothing else calling the police or alerting his other neighbors of the situation to get the woman real help. He in fact was not helpless he had a sh*t load more resources to help her then she had to help herself at that moment......
She drives through there all the time and lives a couple miles away. You guys have to stop manufacturing reasons to make her the victim. The children are the victims here and they couldn't fend for themselves. The one person who could protect them had them out in a hurricane unnecessarily.

Also, you do realize it was hours after they were swept away that she was able to get to the houses and knock on doors right? What were any of these homeowners supposed to do but let her in? They weren't going to save the kids.

Again, why is she even off trying to knock on doors? As a parent myself, if my kids go in i'm going after them until I get them back and if I don't I ain't coming back because I'm dying to save them. She seemed resigned to the fact that they are gone but at least I can live by letting them wash away to go find help.

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 11-09-2012 at 12:06 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #339
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85 OP
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 417 417
Boys Swept to Their death During Sandy Will Share a Single Coffin

DYKER HEIGHTS—The two Staten Island boys swept from their mother's arms and to their deaths in Hurricane Sandy's raging floodwaters will be laid to rest in a single white coffin.

Brendan Moore, 2, and Connor Moore, 4, were swept away from their mother Glenda Moore the night of the storm. Moore, who is married to city sanitation worker Damien Moore, was with the boys in her car when it stalled as she fled down Father Capodanno Boulevard in an effort to seek safety with family in Brooklyn.

After the boys were torn from her by the rising water, Glenda Moore sought help from neighbors who allegedly turned her away.

"She's very sad, as you can imagine, because...nobody opened the doors. That is a sad part. That is a sad part," said Father Ilyas Gill of Mary Queen of Heaven in Mill Basin, who said the homily at a wake for the boys Thursday afternoon.

The brothers lay together in a coffin surrounded by several flower arrangements at Scarpaci Funeral on 86th Street in Brooklyn.

Gill said Damien Moore was struggling to make sense of the tragedy.

"I spoke to Mr. Damien. ...He said, 'At this time we know it's hard but maybe God has a plan.'"

Dozens of sanitation workers, many still wearing their green uniforms, as well as nurses clad in white who worked with Glenda Moore, filed in and out of the funeral home all afternoon.

Guy Victor, whose wife is Glenda's godmother, said it was fitting for the two boys to be buried together in one coffin.

"That's family," he said. "Those boys belong together. They should be together."

Victor called the a who allegedly would not let a distraught Glenda Moore into his home after the boys were lost an "animal."

"He's not a human. They are the devil and not human to do that," Victor said.

The boys' bodies were found three days after the storm following intensive searches at McLaughlin Street and Olympia Boulevard.

According to neighbors, Moore confronted the man who would not let her inside his home one day after her sons drowned.

"I asked you to help me, you bastard!" Glenda Moore screamed at the man, according to his neighbors.

Gill said he addressed the situation in his homily.

"I spoke that it is hard that nobody opened the doors," he said outside the funeral home. "But God has some plan, that [the boys] are angels for me. They're angels and they're going to pray for you. That is my belief. That's the way we can console them now. They have become angels."
Julien Gilkes, a maintenance worker at the same nursing home where Glenda Moore works as a nurse, said he and his fellow staff members were in shock at what happened.

"I can't believe it. It's very hard," Gilkes said. "She's a good woman. A very good woman and a very good mother. Everybody's sad."

He said he and Moore would often compare notes on their young sons.

"She's always talking about her boys. [Connor] played piano and she was so proud of him," he said.

"There's nothing you can say to them at a time like this."

The funeral will be held at St. Rose of Lima Church in Kensington on Friday.

Source:
 11-09-2012, 06:13 AM         #340
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
She drives through there all the time and lives a couple miles away. You guys have to stop manufacturing reasons to make her the victim. The children are the victims here and they couldn't fend for themselves. The one person who could protect them had them out in a hurricane unnecessarily.

Also, you do realize it was hours after they were swept away that she was able to get to the houses and knock on doors right? What were any of these homeowners supposed to do but let her in? They weren't going to save the kids.

Again, why is she even off trying to knock on doors? As a parent myself, if my kids go in i'm going after them until I get them back and if I don't I ain't coming back because I'm dying to save them. She seemed resigned to the fact that they are gone but at least I can live by letting them wash away to go find help.

All subjective bullsh*t.......pretty much all of it........and you know it is......the woman Is a victim....what part of this are you missing......even if it was here buy herself out there she is still a victim.......even it was the whole family....they would be victims ......as they still need help.......

Last edited by Dos-effect; 11-09-2012 at 06:21 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy