Nov 7 - Grieving Mom Confronts Neighbors Who Refused Help As Hurricane Sandy Took Boys

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #241
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Matt504 said:
not what happened according to whom?
[00:58]according to police, she says that the man would NOT let her in the house with her sons.
Thats what she says. The story in that video don't even make no sense.

Use common sense here.

You really believe that (as she claims) the winds were so strong that she had to hold on to a tree for dear life, while at the same time being able to hold onto a 2 and 4 year old for "hours".. Then in those same winds she was able to walk with the 2 & 4 year old up to that house.. Then the kids blew away while they was on the doorstep..

That don't even add up..

Or does it make sense that them kids had already blown away, then she went to get help after and now she's looking for somebody to blame, because she can't live with the fact that her negligence caused the death of he own children?

The guys story makes more sense. He thought it was a B&E. He was getting ready to show the reporter the broken flowerpots in his back yard from when she tried to break down his door.
 5 years ago '11        #242
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85 OP
space
space
space
$5,427 | Props total: 435 435
 TheMindOf said:
1) She didn't have her kids with her. I think thats where a lot of n*ggas in this thread are confused.
I don't know why people are confused when I already posted several times that she did not have her kids with her when she went to get help. The waters swept them away and she ran to get help finding them before they were swept further.
 5 years ago '11        #243
space
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
It doesn't confirm when her children were lost. You just put two different part of the story together to make it seem like it happened in chronological order that way. The only thing it confirms were that people answered the door and said they wouldn't help becuase they don't know her
Its from the same article. " Glenda Moore managed to escape the quickly-flooding vehicle and free both boys from their car seats, only to lose her desperate struggle with Mother Nature." She lose grip of them. It said it right in the article.

As Moore searched for her missing sons, she went knocking on her neighbors’ doors to ask for their a.ssistance in finding Brandon and Connor but they refused to help, according to her sister.
See...

Last edited by xo xo xo; 11-08-2012 at 12:18 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #244
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
 hood135 said:

I hope that dude lives for ever.
he's got the right instincts to
 5 years ago '11        #245
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 xo xo xo said:
Its from the same article. " Glenda Moore managed to escape the quickly-flooding vehicle and free both boys from their car seats, only to lose her desperate struggle with Mother Nature." She lose grip of them. It said it right in the article.

See...

Yea, we already know she loses gripe. We don't know when she initially asked for help though. And that last quote is not in the article you posted.

It's possible that she asked for help before and after. The man who didn't help her denied someone coming to his door asking for help. So him and the person who denied her help saying "I don't know you" are not the same person.

Also, it doesn't make sense for her to try to break into the house for shelter if she's only asking for help to look for her sons. Like I said before, a lot of the stories are not adding up from either side.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 11-08-2012 at 12:28 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #246
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
 Kadillac87 said:
This version seems plausible but then you have to ask the question, why would someone feel so distraught if her kids were already lost before she asked for help?

Neither version of the stories are adding up. I don't think she would blame the death of her children on a stranger who could only help them with a heroic effort.

To me, it seems like people start making up different version of the stories because claims were started to be made that she wasn't help because she was black. As always, when someone says racism, the people who deny racism exist try to come up with a plausible explanation to why race wasn't a factor. Not saying that this is the case, but it happens all the time.

Who knows the true version of the story? Either the mother was negligence and is lying about what happened because she can't accept the fact that she caused the death of her sons. Or the neighbor is lying about what happened because he doesn't want to be seen as being able to help save the lives of children and failing to do so.

All I know if that he could have helped saved her children just by opening a door, he should have. If saving her children required him trying to swim in sweeping flood waters, then what he did is understandably.

I have to believe the neighbor because her story to police and what has been posted in her police report says she lost them after getting out the car. It also says, and this is her version to them, she hung on to a tree and then a fence for a while before finally being able to get up enough strength to climb the ten feet over two fences and a hill to get to the front doors of these houses.

I'm just sad for those kids because their lives were lost through no fault of their own and mostly thanks to poor judgment from adults who they should trust.

This is wrong, so fu*king wrong.
 5 years ago '09        #247
TroyNY 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,040 | Props total: 2934 2934
bi*ch please I don't answer the phone or house door if it ain't arranged especially during a hurricane. bi*ch can eat a d!ck. Tryin to bring drama into other ppls life after her loss
 5 years ago '10        #248
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 xo xo xo said:
I don't know why people are confused when I already posted several times that she did not have her kids with her when she went to get help. The waters swept them away and she ran to get help finding them before they were swept further.
It's because that's what they want to believe. If they believe the kids were with her then it means that it wasn't the moms fault. It was the white man, for not opening his door

Also, the OP still has that CNN video, where it says that the mom initially told the cops that the kids were with her. Even tho her story don't make no sense

Where she claims the winds were so strong that she had to hold on to a tree for dear life, while at the same time being able to hold onto a 2 and 4 year old for "hours".. Then in those same winds she was able to walk with the 2 & 4 year old up to that house.. Then the kids blew away while they was on the doorstep..

n*ggas want that to be true so bad, even tho it don't make sense. She obviously lied to police initially (probably because she was still panicking), then tried to blame somebody else to make herself feel better.

The story she told her sister makes a lot more sense, about the kids being swept away and then her going to get help after..

Last edited by TheMindOf; 11-08-2012 at 12:27 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #249
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 hood135 said:
^^Pussies

You know, some times people make horrible mistakes that they just can't take back. This seems to be a perfect example of that. But her actions are not what disturbs me, its the lack of compassion and disregard of human life exhibited by the cowardly neighbor and the ones who agree with his actions. Whether it was her fault or not, her two kids DIED. And judging by her pleas, she later realized this and begged for someone to HELP her and SAVE them...and not one person came to her aid.

I hope that dude lives for ever.
you just said that "some times people make horrible mistakes that they just can't take back.", maybe the guy did that. you werent there, youre hearing second hand accounts of what happened. stop acting like last action hero and keep your mouth shut, youre speaking on sh*t you dont know about.
 5 years ago '11        #250
space
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:

Yea, we already know we she loses gripe. We don't know when she initially asked for help though. And that last quote is not in the article you posted.
The second quote was from another article. Here you go.

5 years ago '11        #251
space
space
 xo xo xo said:
The second quote was from another article. Here you go.

I edited my previous post with more detail.
 5 years ago '11        #252
space
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:

Yea, we already know she loses gripe. We don't know when she initially asked for help though. And that last quote is not in the article you posted.

It's possible that she asked for help before and after. The man who didn't help her denied someone coming to his door asking for help. So him and the person who denied her help saying "I don't know you" are not the same person.

Also, it doesn't make sense for her to try to break into the house for shelter if she's only asking for help to look for her sons. Like I said before, a lot of the stories are not adding up from either side.

How could she ask for help before they were flooded when she was driving??? I am going by what her sister said to the press.

“She was holding onto them, and the waves just kept coming and crashing and they were under,” the mother’s sister told the Daily News at her home. “It went over their heads … She had them in her arms, and a wave came and swept them out of her arms. ”The mom was driving along Father Capodanno Blvd. on the island when the rushing waters trapped her and the two kids - ages 2 and 4 -inside the car. Glenda Moore managed to escape the quickly-flooding vehicle and free both boys from their car seats, only to lose her desperate struggle with Mother Nature.
Her sister said this. And I do not believe she was trying to break in to the mans house. I think that was just an excuse to not help.
 5 years ago '11        #253
space
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
lol I just saw it. After I added another response.
 5 years ago '10        #254
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13677 13677
fu*king coward a.ss bastard would have likely done the same if the kids were white
RIP to those kids and everybody else that perished in the hurricane

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 11-08-2012 at 01:39 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #255
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Kadillac you buggin bruh.

The stories keep saying she lost the children after they got out the truck and before she got to the houses. Many of the stories quote the police report which would have come directly from the mother and is available to the public. Even the sister's account is what the news reports say and how do you think she knew what happened? It came straight from her sister's mouth, you know the woman who lost her kids and is in the middle of all of this.

So if all of these people who have spoken to the mother say what happened why are you forcing yourself to believe otherwise? If you don't trust any of the news stories here then go straight to the Staten Island news stations and papers as well as the surrounding NY areas who are a lot closer to the situation to get your information. It's just one click away on google my man.
 5 years ago '09        #256
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:

She could be breaking the window to keep herself dry until the storm passes. She sat on the guys porch the rest of the night and when the storm passed and there was daylight again she went and looked for help.

I think you may be in more denial than she is right now.
 5 years ago '11        #257
space
space
 xo xo xo said:
How could she ask for help before they were flooded when she was driving??? I am going by what her sister said to the press.

Her sister said this. And I do not believe she was trying to break in to the mans house. I think that was just an excuse to not help.
I'm saying she could have asked before her children were swept away. According to her, it was hours of her holding onto a tree before her children were eventually swept away.

According to her, she tried to break into the house for shelter by throwing a flower pot against the window. The home owner confirms that someone threw a flower pot against his window. He says it was a man and not a woman though. So we have both sides confirming a flower pot was thrown against a window to try to get inside.

It's either she was trying to get inside to save herself after her kids were swept away, or she was trying to get inside to save herself and her kids, or she was mad the guy wasn't helping so she tried to break his window.

It's just not adding up. On either side. It's possible that she asked for help and was denied, lost her kids, and frantically asked for help again. It's also possible that she lost her kids before she asked anyone for help. Throwing a flower pot against a window just doesn't mesh well with that theory. Just like other details of the story doesn't mesh well with other theories.
 5 years ago '11        #258
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I do have one question that I haven't found an answer yet after checking several articles and videos. Where is/was their father? It says he lived with them, they were one big happy family and that he was a sanitation worker but that's it. There have been no comments from him either.

One troubling thing I just saw was the neighbors on her street said they had some water in the basement but no water rose to the first floor. So my question is did she overreact to seeing some water in the basement and ended up out in the storm prematurely?

The other thing is the many conflicting stories that the three news outlets I have come across so far said was the mother's account of things based on police reports. She knocked on the doors of two houses not one and one story I read says the kids were swept away from her as they exited the vehicle but she spent all night on the back porch of one of the houses.

I guess my main issue here is if these are my kids and they are swept away my first mind says fu*k getting help I'm getting my kids and if i'm unsuccessful then that's three bodies they'll just have to find. If she wanted her kids saved then she should've gone in after them and at least kept them afloat as long as she could giving them a better chance then going the other way to f!ght to get up to the houses she saw and losing them before anybody could get there to help anyways.
THANK. fu*kING. YOU.

It took this long for someone to say this sh*t. This fu*king long.

If that was my kids, we dying together. When I had heard this chick was holding on to a tree and let go of the kids I'm like . What kind of mother does that sh*t? Then you wanna go and blame someone for not letting you in the house while you screaming "help. my kids washed away. and I'm screaming for you to come help", I wouldn't have opened my fu*kin door either. And that's cause that story makes no sense. Cause everything she did made no sense.

Leaving her home at the height of the storm when everyone has been talkin about how Armageddon is supposed to be unleased on the Northeast? Doesn't make sense.

The fact that your kids are gone and you're trying to get into my home? Doesn't make sense.

And the fact that you tried to throw a brick through my window after I wouldn't let you in? doesn't make sense.

She panicked and made several bad decisions, and now she's blaming this geezer for worrying about his own safety instead of trying to accept the fact her stupid decision cost her children their lives.
 11-08-2012, 12:52 PM         #259
RAM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is a lot of information missing from this article. If I lived on the east coast and they talking about a hurricane is coming (and they now give you like a 4+ day warning) I'm not even taking the chance of riding it out if I have a family (solo I can take care of myself). I'm jumping in the whip or on the bird to get outta there for a few days.
 5 years ago '11        #260
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
She could be breaking the window to keep herself dry until the storm passes. She sat on the guys porch the rest of the night and when the storm passed and there was daylight again she went and looked for help.

I think you may be in more denial than she is right now.
She could have. It just doesn't fit in with the story of a frantic mother searching for her kids. Why would she blame someone for not helping with she's not searching herself. All I'm saying is, neither versions are adding up.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy