Nov 7 - Grieving Mom Confronts Neighbors Who Refused Help As Hurricane Sandy Took Boys

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
417 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
23168 pageviews
440 comments

xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 427 427
Nov 7 - Grieving Mom Confronts Neighbors Who Refused Help As Hurricane Sandy Took Boys

Grieving Mom Confronts Neighbors Who Refused Help As Hurricane Sandy Took Boys

[pic - click to view]

The mother of the two Irish-American boys who perished in Superstorm Sandy has confronted a homeowner who refused to come to her aid.

Nurse Glenda Moore, wife of Co Donegal man Damien Moore, lost a grip on her boys Connor (4) and Brandon (2) as the storm engulfed Staten Island, New York.

She tried in vain to get help as her two sons were swept away by floodwaters, but some residents refused to help her.

Now it has emerged that grief-stricken Mrs Moore returned to the scene where she lost her boys and had to be restrained by police as she confronted one of those neighbours.

"I asked you to help me, you bastard," Mrs Moore screamed at the man she claimed ignored her pleas, a neighbour said.

George Calve (63), another neighbour who was not aware of her plight, sympathised with Mrs Moore's reaction.

Police confirmed that Mrs Moore banged on the doors of several neighbours on Father Capodanno Boulevard seeking help.

The brothers are also survived by their grandparents, Paddy and Fay Moore, from Portnoo in Co Donegal.

The boys were lost at the height of the storm on Monday night and, following an extensive search, their bodies were recovered three days later.

As the search for the boys continued, Mrs Moore returned to the area and began shouting at the man who she said turned his back on her plight.

Robbed

When officers approached the man, he told them that he thought he was being robbed, according to Mr Calve.

"The guy said that somebody threw a flower pot through the window," he said.

According to those living along the road near where the bodies were found, the man also told them the next morning after the storm that he heard a burglar knocking on his door.

Eugene Brener (19) said: "He said somebody knocked at the door and he thought they were robbing him. . . He said: 'I'm not going to open the door, I'm not crazy.'"

Last night neighbours were rallying around the man who refused to let Mrs Moore in.

"He's a nice person. He volunteers on the block. I don't see him as a person who wouldn't help," a neighbour said.

The bodies of Brandon and Connor were found a mile from where they washed away.

[pic - click to view]

Source:
[pic - click to view]

Grieving mum confronts neighbours who refused help as Hurricane Sandy took boys - National News - Independent.ie

Surce:
[pic - click to view]

As Floodwaters Recede, Sandy's death Toll Grows - WSJ.com

[video - click to view]

440 comments for "Nov 7 - Grieving Mom Confronts Neighbors Who Refused Help As Hurricane Sandy Took Boys"

5 years ago '12        #2
Jake2by4 
space
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 12 12
That f*ggot know he lying
 11-07-2012, 11:35 AM         #3
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
better know where your black neighbors live when the shyt hits the fan
 5 years ago '07        #4
dbullet878 8 heat pts
space
space
$383 | Props total: 300 300
Jesus Christ thats some sad sh*t... RIP mane... Karma will catch up to the fu*kers who did not help...
 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM         #5
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"He's a nice person. He volunteers on the block. I don't see him as a person who wouldn't help," a neighbour said.

But he in fact did not help........some peoples logic that defies all reality k!lls me sometimes......
 5 years ago '11        #6
CoochieCrook 
space
space
$2,934 | Props total: 2733 2733
It would be different if the kids fell into a lake or a pool, but we're talking about water flowing down a street sweeping sh*t away. What kind of help would i be able to offer?
 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM         #7
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CoochieCrook said:
It would be different if the kids fell into a lake or a pool, but we're talking about water flowing down a street sweeping sh*t away. What kind of help would i be able to offer?
Don't matter, I'd risk my life to help 2 kids no matter what. I hope a stranger would do the same for mine. The ultimate sacrifice
 5 years ago '05        #8
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Man was a fu*king coward no other way to put it.
 5 years ago '11        #9
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 3850 3850
 CoochieCrook said:
Seems like she wanted to be let in the house. Maybe the video has more info, but I feel the article doesn't say enough. Why was she outside with her boys in the first place?
 5 years ago '04        #10
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
I'd just a.ssume someone else would help.

and if you're banging on my door during a hurricane, I'm more than likely not gonna answer the door.

Dog eat dog world.
 5 years ago '05        #11
question49 
space
space
$382 | Props total: 0 0
So it's ok not to evacuate an area that had mandatory evacuations issued and then leave at the height of the storm? I'm all for helping out but this mother clearly has no one to blame but herself. Blaming others for not opening their doors to you DURING A HURRICANE is along the lines of reflecting blame.
 5 years ago '11        #12
CoochieCrook 
space
space
$2,934 | Props total: 2733 2733
 corys35 said:
Don't matter, I'd risk my life to help 2 kids no matter what. I hope a stranger would do the same for mine. The ultimate sacrifice
So I can die for someone else's kids, so that my own will be orphaned. Great idea.
 5 years ago '08        #13
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,176 | Props total: 5273 5273
People are commenting like this man saw these kids get swept away and did nothing. It's sad as hell what happened, but it's not this man's fault
 11-07-2012, 01:41 PM         #14
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some of yall fools lack what is called BALLS.........I cant front like I would have done the right thing and not been at least cautious......but damn.....the world is dog eat dog.....but children are the innocent ones........
 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM         #15
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From what the news said, her house was starting to flood and water was coming in rapidly so she had no choice but to leave, and it's sad because it was the same type of things that happened during Katrina where people either couldn't leave for various significant reasons and perished unfortunately because of it. It hurts my heart that happened to her, and although I understand slightly where the man was coming, still how hard would it have been to at least make sure, because its a storm outside, not like it was a regular sunny day in NYC?
 5 years ago '06        #16
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 CoochieCrook said:
 ruff said:
I'd just a.ssume someone else would help.

and if you're banging on my door during a hurricane, I'm more than likely not gonna answer the door.

Dog eat dog world.
^^Pussies

question49 said:
So it's ok not to evacuate an area that had mandatory evacuations issued and then leave at the height of the storm? I'm all for helping out but this mother clearly has no one to blame but herself. Blaming others for not opening their doors to you DURING A HURRICANE is along the lines of reflecting blame.
You know, some times people make horrible mistakes that they just can't take back. This seems to be a perfect example of that. But her actions are not what disturbs me, its the lack of compassion and disregard of human life exhibited by the cowardly neighbor and the ones who agree with his actions. Whether it was her fault or not, her two kids DIED. And judging by her pleas, she later realized this and begged for someone to HELP her and SAVE them...and not one person came to her aid.

I hope that dude lives for ever.
 5 years ago '06        #17
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 M said:
People are commenting like this man saw these kids get swept away and did nothing. It's sad as hell what happened, but it's not this man's fault
The point is, he did nothing. Two innocent kids are dead. He didn't k!ll them. He didn't put them in that situation. But he could have helped them.

He didn't, so this man is no man at all. fu*k em.
 5 years ago '06        #18
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Dos-effect said:

But he in fact did not help........some peoples logic that defies all reality k!lls me sometimes......
 5 years ago '07        #19
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1374 1374
 hood135 said:
The point is, he did nothing. Two innocent kids are dead. He didn't k!ll them. He didn't put them in that situation. But he could have helped them.

He didn't, so this man is no man at all. fu*k em.
Y'all acting like he stood there and watched it go down. All he knew was someone was banging on his damn door.
 5 years ago '06        #20
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
Y'all acting like he stood there and watched it go down. All he knew was someone was banging on his damn door.
I'm acting like he should have been a man and saw what the problem was. Maybe then, two babies would be alive today instead of being dead.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
324 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy