Nov 6 - The State of Washington Legalizes Marijuana

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
7893 pageviews
79 comments

nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
Nov 6 - The State of Washington Legalizes Marijuana

The law will take effect on Dec. 6, 30.

Six states had marijuana-related measures on the ballot Tuesday -- three to legalize recreational use; Washington's I-502, Colorado's Amendment 64 and Oregon's Measure 80. Colorado's amendment showed early leads Tuesday evening.

Under Washington's I-502, anyone over the age of 21 would be able to purchase and possess up to an ounce of marijuana, and the state would regulate and tax the sale of pot.

Those wanting to grow and sell would apply to the state for a license. Estimates are that the new pot tax would raise nearly $500 million a year, much of which would be earmarked for drug prevention and education programs.

In an interview earlier this year on “60 Minutes,” the Deputy U.S. Attorney General James Cole indicated that federal authorities could take aim at any state laws that legalize pot, saying, "We're going to take a look at whether or not there are dangers to the community from the sale of marijuana and we're going to go after those dangers."

Attorney General Eric Holder was blunter in 2010 when he threatened to "vigorously enforce" federal law if California legalized marijuana (that measure failed).

Opponents of I-502 said they believe the U.S. attorney in Seattle would seek a court injunction to stop the law in its tracks.

“It's a fantasy that the state is ever really going to have this, it's not going to be legal, it's not going to work, the federal government is going to pre-empt this thing in five minutes,” said Douglas Hiatt of the anti-502 group Sensible Washington.

But that hasn't really happened with medical marijuana, and Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes, a backer of 502, added that he believes the Feds will back off if voters make pot legal.

“I don’t think the federal government’s going to ignore a clear voter mandate from the state of Washington,” Holmes said.

Only time will tell.

[pic - click to view]

Initiative legalizing marijuana passing early; not all counties reporting - KCPQ

79 comments for "Nov 6 - The State of Washington Legalizes Marijuana"

11-06-2012, 11:15 PM         #2
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
seattle the new amsterdam!! haha just playin. but seriously tho people about to travel up to seattle for weed
 5 years ago '06        #3
nightmare 429 heat pts429 OP
space
space
 adizzle69696969 said:
seattle the new amsterdam!! haha just playin. but seriously tho people about to travel up to seattle for weed
yea pretty much, be careful if u get a growing license tho, the feds is watchin
 5 years ago '05        #4
Hydroman 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 1184 1184
They go up there every year for the weed fest where its already practically legal. Got n*ggas writing out prescriptions right in front of the police. This law was just a formality.
 5 years ago '06        #5
nightmare 429 heat pts429 OP
space
space
 Hydroman said:
They go up there every year for the weed fest where its already practically legal. Got n*ggas writing out prescriptions right in front of the police. This law was just a formality.
u right, cuz some ppl have

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #6
1bastard3 
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 2624 2624
born n raised in the evergreen state we been had the stickiest of the icky in my little town n*ggaz from tacoma and seattle would travel to my city to get these zips from these eses muthafu*kaz gonna be hi tonite i chiefin as im typing T.Y.B.W.
 5 years ago '07        #7
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
really gonna enjoy visiting my girl's fam in Seattle even more so now
 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM         #8
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '10        #9
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
might even have to take a trip to one of these places in the near future
 5 years ago '05        #10
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4411 4411
 1bastard3 said:
born n raised in the evergreen state we been had the stickiest of the icky in my little town n*ggaz from tacoma and seattle would travel to my city to get these zips from these eses muthafu*kaz gonna be hi tonite i chiefin as im typing T.Y.B.W.
Where you from young pimping? I'm thinking Mt. Vernon, Evertte, something up north right? Something real short from that Canada drug tunnel?
 5 years ago '05        #11
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4411 4411
God I hope this doesn't affect my Seahawks....

Can you imagine Earl Thomas not tackling because he's fu*kin' blown out of his mind?
 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM         #12
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:succ ess:

SMOKE SOMETHIN bi*ch!

5 years ago '08        #13
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,475 | Props total: 570 570
Shout outs to Washington. We in this bi*ch now. #MileHigh

Can't wait till this goes down wonder what drug testing will be like in Colorado now.

Last edited by d3athb4dishonor; 11-07-2012 at 01:17 AM..
 11-07-2012, 03:24 AM         #14
Series 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From Tacoma and Im happy bro
 5 years ago '08        #15
wru425 61 heat pts61
space
space
$22,263 | Props total: 5431 5431
 1bastard3 said:
Those eses got that dank from Cali
 5 years ago '12        #16
1bastard3 
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 2624 2624
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Where you from young pimping? I'm thinking Mt. Vernon, Evertte, something up north right? Something real short from that Canada drug tunnel?
IM actually from eastern Washington tri cities to be exact IM Mexican and I'll even tell u myself if u aint got a Mexican homeboy you aint making any money the homies get that bomb bud from Mexico and that fire from Humboldt county but that is all about to change
 5 years ago '10        #17
bernadoobie 
space
space
$11,697 | Props total: 555 555
I moved away 2 years ago.

Really proud of the Evergreen state though. That's my whiteys.
 5 years ago '04        #18
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
So here are the possible ways our newly re-elected President could choose to respond to the will of the voters in CO and WA:

1. Do nothing. Have no discussion with the head of the DEA on how to react to these laws and leave it completely up to a woman who does not know whether Meth or Heroin are as dangerous as Marijuana.

2. Instruct the DEA and DOJ to respond in force and step up federal drug enforcement activities to suppress the will of the CO and WA voters.

3. Instruct the DEA and HHS to reclassify marijuana as an uncontrolled substance.
 5 years ago '12        #19
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,263 | Props total: 840 840
weed been legal for me but this is great also.
 5 years ago '11        #20
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
Dudes getting all happy, not realizing the state is going to tax the product 25% 3 times before it even gets into your hands making the retailers force the cost onto you, plus dui's. Should of waited for a better initiative.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy