OFFICIAL Fantasy Basketball Talk Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #361
A-money 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 0 0
 jsilerio said:
I would go neither Thornton or Shump myself but what categories you need to improve on? JJ on the other hand can get you 10/5 easily every night with Minny in the same amount of minutes and that's usually his low end numbers.
Main categories I need to shore up are Ast/Steal/Blk/3PM. Those are the categories I usually win very narrowly, sometimes losing them. I'm not in a rush to make a move because I'm sitting at number 1 in a 12 man 11cat league, and winning this week 9-1-1. I have Marcus Thornton right now.

Notable back court players available:
Shump
J.J.
Will Bynum
Mike Dunleavy
Corey Brewer

and Mo Williams as a stash.
 5 years ago '11        #362
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909 OP
space
space
$42,224 | Props total: 17640 17640
obv. I didnt accept that one, but how do yall feel about:

S. Curry
for
K. Thompson + J. Smoove

I have curry
 5 years ago '04        #363
A-money 1 heat pts
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
I mean I would either sit tight or hit up mo will as a stash.
Word, thanks. I'll sit tight for a little bit I think, I'm not in a hurry to make a move. But Keith Smart needs to stop being a c*ck sucker, He's averaging like 17 minutes since coming back. I'll wait and see, hang on to him until Mo is a little closer to a return or until there's an injury or something.
 5 years ago '06        #364
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,975 | Props total: 163 163
So I've been trying to trade for Kyrie Irving for a minute now, but the guy who has him has been asking way to much in return.

So yesterday I picked up Derrick Rose since I've pretty much locked up a playoff spot already.
Less than 24 hours later I was able to trade OJ Mayo, Serge Ibaka & Derrick Rose for Kyrie.

My team now looks like this:

Stephen Curry
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Brook Lopez
Josh Smith
Rudy Gay
David Lee
Paul Milsap
DeMarcus Cousins
Damian Lillard

I got Cousins & Smith through a series of trades that included Anderson Varejao (When he was dominating, before the injuries), Raymond Felton (Before the injury), Kevn Martin & Marcus Thornton.
All 4 of them are no longer on the original teams I traded them too. They were dropped due to injuries & circumstances. lol
I also briefly had Paul George after someone dropped him (This was before he blew up). But I included him in my trades to sweeten the pot.

So now I have a couple open spots on my team. There's a handful of useful players I'm considering (Including Bynum & Granger).

ETA: To be fair, other than myself there's only one other die hard basketball fan in this league.
Everybody else is either a casual fan or just really loves playing fantasy sports.

Last edited by bassy; 01-25-2013 at 12:16 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #365
A-money 1 heat pts
space
space
 bassy said:
So I've been trying to trade for Kyrie Irving for a minute now, but the guy who has him has been asking way to much in return.

So yesterday I picked up Derrick Rose since I've pretty much locked up a playoff spot already.
Less than 24 hours later I was able to trade OJ Mayo, Serge Ibaka & Derrick Rose for Kyrie.

My team now looks like this:

Stephen Curry
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Brook Lopez
Josh Smith
Rudy Gay
David Lee
Paul Milsap
DeMarcus Cousins
Damian Lillard

I got Cousins & Smith through a series of trades that included Anderson Varejao (When he was dominating, before the injuries), Raymond Felton (Before the injury), Kevn Martin & Marcus Thornton.
All 4 of them are no longer on the original teams I traded them too. They were dropped due to injuries & circumstances. lol
I also briefly had Paul George after someone dropped him (This was before he blew up). But I included him in my trades to sweeten the pot.

So now I have a couple open spots on my team. There's a handful of useful players I'm considering (Including Bynum & Granger).

ETA: To be fair, other than myself there's only one other die hard basketball fan in this league.
Everybody else is either a casual fan or just really loves playing fantasy sports.
Good lord! How many teams is that league?
 5 years ago '06        #366
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
 A-money said:
Good lord! How many teams is that league?
We went with 8 people that we did baseball & football with.

And we started a week into the basketball season. So I had something of an unfair advantage because I was aware of the start Harden & Curry had. If not for that I may not have drafted them. lol
 5 years ago '06        #367
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Your team is stacked as fu*k but you gave up wayyyyy too much for Kyrie.
Yea I know I did. But my reasoning is I've been wanting Bynum on my team. So I'm gonna add him to my roster & if he comes back near the all-star break then he should be putting up nice #'s by playoff time.

I had to create some roster space for him, so that's why I traded 3 for 1.
 5 years ago '04        #368
A-money 1 heat pts
space
space
 bassy said:
Yea I know I did. But my reasoning is I've been wanting Bynum on my team. So I'm gonna add him to my roster & if he comes back near the all-star break then he should be putting up nice #'s by playoff time.

I had to create some roster space for him, so that's why I traded 3 for 1.
I don't know man. Bynum getting back is a big IF. And Bynum putting up numbers to make this move worth the trade is an even bigger IF. You would have been better off with Derrick Rose, OJ, and Serge man, as opposed to Kyrie and possibly Bynum.
 5 years ago '11        #369
space
space
 X_WunderKind_X said:
how do yall feel about:

S. Curry
for
K. Thompson + J. Smoove

I have curry
 5 years ago '11        #370
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Who would you drop?
Alan Anderson from the raptors but that my roster for that league has about three spots where I pickup and drop frequently so it's easy to find replaceable guys.

that league is 7 transactions a week, instant pickup, 24hr waiver claim
 5 years ago '11        #371
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
I'd mean you'd be getting 2 very solid players but Steph Curry is the fifth best player in fantasy basketball, albeit injury prone.

Josh smith is typically more valuable in head to head than roto being ranked around 80 I believe. Klay is ranked around 50.

That's a tough one and 2 for 1s are generally harder to judge. I think it depends on if you need that big man production from josh (blocks and rebounds) and can afford a hit in a.ssists.

If i absolutely had to chose I would keep curry and use that extra spot to try and land a stud free agent.

other three PGs are jack, conley, and jennings, and josh will help me in blocks and rebounds...klay and smith give me a lot put together... but your right curry is up there. Tht injury risk tho
 5 years ago '05        #372
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
$12,695 | Props total: 23350 23350
Keep Curry man
 5 years ago '07        #373
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
Thinking about moving Paul Pierce for Amare Stoudemire.

I mean, when I use sites like this, it seems like a bad trade

But I have a gut feeling that Amare has more of an upside than Pierce. Amare will up my FG% and give ~5 rebounds, and I get to dump Pierce and his bad FG% and there's the possibility they don't pull it together for playoffs.

I know how the numbers look, what my BX fam thinks? Is my fandom clouding my judgment?

Edit -

Might move Paul Pierce for one of the following trades

Pierce for Collison + Conley
Pierce for David Lee
Pierce for Amare.

Last edited by Jiraiya; 01-26-2013 at 12:54 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #374
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
$12,695 | Props total: 23350 23350
 Jiraiya said:

But I have a gut feeling that Amare has more of an upside than Pierce. Amare will up my FG% and give ~5 rebounds, and I get to dump Pierce and his bad FG% and there's the possibility they don't pull it together for playoffs.

I know how the numbers look, what my BX fam thinks? Is my fandom clouding my judgment?

Edit -

Pierce for David Lee
Pierce for Amare.
Do that David Lee trade somebody is that stupid

Felton better come back tonight more level headed and become efficient
 5 years ago '04        #375
A-money 1 heat pts
space
space
 Jiraiya said:

Edit -

Pierce for David Lee
Pierce for Amare.
Why Amare when you can Collison and Conley, or David Lee? Either one of those would be a sick a.ss trade.

Also, what do them making the playoffs have to do with anything? By the time the actual NBA playoffs start, your fantasy season is over.
 5 years ago '07        #376
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
 Ghost Writer said:
Yeah I was gonna ask the same thing. You do realize playoffs don't count for fantasy right?
They don't?

5 years ago '04        #377
A-money 1 heat pts
space
space
 Jiraiya said:
They don't?

Nah, usually the last 5-6 weeks of the NBA season are the playoffs in fantasy basketball. It wouldn't make sense to penalize fantasy teams who have players on teams that aren't in the actual NBA playoffs.
 5 years ago '11        #378
space
space
I fixed up every league but this one.... I'm about to cry yo. Its only the second Q too

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #379
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Lol yeah he bout to finish with 31 and 8 3s. Might even go to OT
and zach is k!lling too

and I left JR in... who I want to trade now
 5 years ago '04        #380
A-money 1 heat pts
space
space
Should I drop Marcus Thornton for Dion Waiters? He just became available in my league. I don't know if I want to waste a waiver on him, or just wait and see if he clears waivers and add him as a FA. I'm leaning towards dropping Thornton for him, but not wasting a waiver spot. I need some input.

Last edited by A-money; 01-28-2013 at 01:29 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
19 hours ago