OFFICIAL Fantasy Basketball Talk Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #321
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909 OP
space
space
$42,218 | Props total: 17627 17627
 Ghost Writer said:
Yeah buying low before he gets going isn't a bad idea. He'll be looked to a lot for offensive production with their struggling squad. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see his efficiency go up playing with legit big men like nene, okafor and Seraphin. Maybe we can see some extra a.ssists than usual with a small bump in his normally sketchy Fg%.

He is and always will be a ball hawk so its not out of line to expect top 10 Steals Per Game from him for the remainder of the season.

Drop a name you may think of offering for him and ill let you know what I think.
based on production, would you take george hill straight up, or would you want another guy
 5 years ago '11        #322
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
I think that's a very good offer to start with. Me personally, if I drafted John Wall and kept him on my roster all year, I probably would decline the offer but that's just me. It is by no means its a sh*tty offer. In fact you may even want to start with someone of less value and then try to ultimately meet at George hill. I think a George Hill for John Wall swap at this point is about as fair as it gets without having current production to use as a platform (aka wall hasn't played yet)

My best advice with trade offers is never to start with the person you originally targeted to trade. People who are proposed trades rarely ever accept the first offer unless its too good to be true. So its better to start a little low and trick them into thinking they were successful when you ultimately move up to the guy you originally intended to trade. To follow that up, however, don't low ball them to the point where you p!ss them off.

good points, and nice tricks, I never thought of that.
 5 years ago '06        #323
Gadd 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,079 | Props total: 1 1
Which two of these three players would you guys want on your roster?

Darren collison
Kawhi Leonard
Jared Dudley

I'm leaning on Leonard and Dudley. I have Collison and Leonard right now, but Dudley is available
 5 years ago '05        #324
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
$12,673 | Props total: 23331 23331
Phoenix fluctuates its minutes too much for me to want to grab Dudley and play with a deep bench (so does SA but Leornard gets burn down the stretch of games) so I would personally keep what you have cause those guys are constantly getting minutes with their squads. Trying to fill a certain category?
 5 years ago '06        #325
Gadd 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,079 | Props total: 1 1
 jsilerio said:
Phoenix fluctuates its minutes too much for me to want to grab Dudley and play with a deep bench (so does SA but Leornard gets burn down the stretch of games) so I would personally keep what you have cause those guys are constantly getting minutes with their squads. Trying to fill a certain category?
Not really looking for any specific category, just trying to get the best overall player. And after last night, I think I will just keep what I have. Collison had a nice game
 5 years ago '05        #326
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
 Gadd said:
Not really looking for any specific category, just trying to get the best overall player. And after last night, I think I will just keep what I have. Collison had a nice game
Cool then
 5 years ago '11        #327
space
space
some n*gga just cut kevin love.... if I successfully claim him off waivers he's about to get FLIPPED the next day for some major pieces.... I might throw someone else to sweeten the pot
 5 years ago '11        #328
space
space
Jared Sullinger is officially on watch. Doc seems to like the kid, and although he needs to lose some weight... his postgame is solid
 5 years ago '11        #329
space
space

[pic - click to view]

days like these I remember the bigger picture and take a deeeeeeep breath.
 5 years ago '05        #330
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
 X_WunderKind_X said:

[pic - click to view]

days like these I remember the bigger picture and take a deeeeeeep breath.

5 years ago '07        #331
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
Threw my brother a bone and gave him Rudy Gay for DeMar DeRozan and Jose Calderon...now I'm sorta regretting it
 5 years ago '11        #332
space
space
lol the top guy in my roto league has 89 PTS out of 120, but he has 501 games payed at this point... I'm 2nd with 78 PTS, but I have 461 games played..and I'm still at least 2 games ahead of schedule at every position.

Homeboy is gonna sh*t himself when he runs out of games weeks earlier than the rest of us
 5 years ago '11        #333
space
space
 jsilerio said:
lol I'm still cutting games, it had to be done, I just hate the 14 threes I missed out on

Jiraiya said:
Threw my brother a bone and gave him Rudy Gay for DeMar DeRozan and Jose Calderon...now I'm sorta regretting it
not too bad... calderon and lowry's minutes are sorta unstable but they together will give you more than gay's giving you
 5 years ago '07        #334
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
 X_WunderKind_X said:
lol I'm still cutting games, it had to be done, I just hate the 14 threes I missed out on

not too bad... calderon and lowry's minutes are sorta unstable but they together will give you more than gay's giving you
Lowry finna get dropped. in a clean 7 points ahead of everyone in my league. I just need to maintain now. Lowry can't do that the way he was shooting last night
 5 years ago '10        #335
t from the 617 
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 6141 6141
whats up i wanna get yall opinion on this trade

im in a yahoo 12 team 9 category head to head league, i was offered

gerald henderson
al horford

in exchange for

larry sanders
john henson

sh*t seems like an easy decision but sanders has been leading the league in blocks. however i also need help in the rebounding section where sanders can be excellent but only once in a while. what do you guys think?
 5 years ago '11        #336
space
space
 t from the 617 said:
whats up i wanna get yall opinion on this trade

im in a yahoo 12 team 9 category head to head league, i was offered

gerald henderson
al horford

in exchange for

larry sanders
john henson

sh*t seems like an easy decision but sanders has been leading the league in blocks. however i also need help in the rebounding section where sanders can be excellent but only once in a while. what do you guys think?
if you dont mind, I just wanna see something.... go the the FA list and sort by rebounds and tell me some of the names you see at the top..

Also filter it to see who's had the most rebounds in the past 14 days
 5 years ago '10        #337
t from the 617 
space
space
from the free agent list in my league, the top rebounders by avg are

reggie evans
byron mullens
bismack biyombo
chris johnson
jason maxiell
lamar odom
jordan hill
trevor booker
dante cunningham

last 14 days total rebound leaders on the fa list

reggie evans
earl clark
udonis haslem
lamar odom
bismack biyombo
 5 years ago '11        #338
space
space
 t from the 617 said:
from the free agent list in my league, the top rebounders by avg are

reggie evans
byron mullens
bismack biyombo
chris johnson
jason maxiell
lamar odom
jordan hill
trevor booker
dante cunningham

last 14 days total rebound leaders on the fa list

reggie evans
earl clark
udonis haslem
lamar odom
bismack biyombo
good look.

Reggie is gonna rebound, but I would only take him if you are stacked scoring wise. all of the other guys are inconsistent playing wise, but cunning ham is gonna get some burn with love and pekovic out.

ok one last thing , what's your actual full roster look like?
 5 years ago '10        #339
t from the 617 
space
space
lol i dont even mind bro. this is my first time ever playing fantasy i need all the tips and advice i can get

my full roster is

steve nash
vince carter
jj red!ck
cj miles
nate robinson
lebron james
manu ginobili
jared sullinger
javale mcgee
john wall
kemba walker
nene hilario
blake griffin
shannon brown
steve novak

+ either sanders/henson or horford/henderson depending on this trade

Last edited by t from the 617; 01-20-2013 at 10:52 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #340
space
space
 t from the 617 said:
lol i dont even mind bro. this is my first time ever playing fantasy i need all the tips and advice i can get

my full roster is

steve nash
vince carter
jj red!ck
cj miles
nate robinson
lebron james
manu ginobili
jared sullinger
javale mcgee
john wall
kemba walker
nene hilario
blake griffin
shannon brown
steve novak

+ either larry/henson or horford/henderson depending on this trade
ok... that's a pretty good lineup, I would keep sanders.... he's one of the biggest suprises of the year and blocks are a hard commodity to come by... I would try to flip some of your mid or low level guys for Vucevic, Asik, Tristan Thompson at the most Zach Randolph, Pekovic....there are some decent guys that can rebound that dudes wont really appreciate because they dont watch them.

Nene can play when healthy but that's really unstable, so I would try and deal him while he's healthy for a good rebounder
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy