most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$426 | Props total: 118 118
 GBREEZE said:
great thread good discussion. I'm liking all the feedback from everyone's experiences.
I have to agree.....

I'm a a.ssistant Manager at another large size bank and this is all very interesting information. I believe I'm in the wrong bank lol.

It's funny because the numbers that you guys are talking about is crazy from what my staff brings in. For a CSR (customer service rep which = Personal Banker) they are based on a hourly wage plus quarterly bonuses. The combination of those 2 numbers doesn't break 40k a year for my staff (at lease in my area). I agree that we are not J.P. Morgan but those numbers compared to the numbers you guys talking about are staggering to say the lease.

But I agree in regards to financial institutions. If you stick by these banks and do what you have to do to get the job done and play the corporate game a little, you can make moves. The degree isn't necessarily required to turn a dollar.

Last edited by Swiph Mix; 11-18-2012 at 02:00 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #42
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,749 | Props total: 431 431
 Swiph Mix said:
I have to agree.....

I'm a a.ssistant Manager at another large size bank and this is all very interesting information. I believe I'm in the wrong bank lol.

It's funny because the numbers that you guys are talking about is crazy from what my staff brings in. For a CSR (customer service rep which = Personal Banker) they are based on a hourly wage plus quarterly bonuses. The combination of those 2 numbers doesn't break 40k a year for my staff (at lease in my area). I agree that we are not J.P. Morgan but those numbers compared to the numbers you guys talking about are staggering to say the lease.

But I agree in regards to financial institutions. If you stick by these banks and do what you have to do to get the job done and play the corporate game a little, you can make moves. The degree isn't necessarily required to turn a dollar.
um are you sure? CSR is a teller
 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM         #43
siccness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swiph Mix said:
Hell of a story sir. But I have to ask....
Why did you leave? And more importantly....how were you able to forfeit your loyalty to another company after the opportunity have given you?
I had an amazing year in terms of production but it left me completely burned out which has taken a toll on my personal life. Nothing too serious, but I barely saw my friends and family. I was pretty much in my office and various meetings for 12 hours a day. I decided to take an extended leave and enjoyed it so much that I asked for a longer one. Even though the firm allowed me to take as much time off as I needed I thought it would be unfair on my partners to do so. I stayed until they found a replacement and then left the company. I left on very good terms and was told the door is open when I decide to come back. Shortly after someone that I hold in very high regard asked me to join their firm, so I did. When that person retires which will most likely be in the next 3 years I will most likely go back.
 5 years ago '10        #44
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
 NYCNYCNYC said:
um are you sure? CSR is a teller
No in my bank they are Customer Service Reps and Tellers. Two totaly different positions. I supervise both since I'm in charge of day to day operations.

Tellers are required to process transations as well refer customers to the representatives. Reps are actually the face to face person the customer see's in regards to accounts in Money Out transactions.
 5 years ago '04        #45
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,749 | Props total: 431 431
 Swiph Mix said:
No in my bank they are Customer Service Reps and Tellers. Two totaly different positions. I supervise both since I'm in charge of day to day operations.

Tellers are required to process transations as well refer customers to the representatives. Reps are actually the face to face person the customer see's in regards to accounts in Money Out transactions.
what janky a.ss bank do u work for?
 5 years ago '10        #46
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260 OP
space
space
$12,095 | Props total: 7453 7453
 NYCNYCNYC said:
 5 years ago '04        #47
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1461 1461
 siccness said:
I started with an internship while in high school then dropped out my junior year to take a full time teller position. I was promoted to a banker after a year and a half. After that I took a position with their mid-level private bank and shortly after with the their ultra high net worth private bank. All of that without a high school or college degree. A series of fortunate events really. I was lucky enough to have had good managers and mentors so I will be forever thankful to the company for letting me move within. Now I get recurring serious offers from some of the most prestigious firms on a quarterly basis. Don't get me wrong, I think education is very important and I will eventually get a degree however these days companies really value experience. I can get a job at pretty much any Wall Street firm I desire after they review my resume even without graduating from high school or college.

I love to hear stories like this it gives people so much hope in bad situations... good sh*t siccness... I knew you had that grind time of mentality. What do you like and dislike about working as a PWM?
 5 years ago '10        #48
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
 NYCNYCNYC said:

TD Bank

How is this model different from others?
 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM         #49
siccness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 egotistical said:

I love to hear stories like this it gives people so much hope in bad situations... good sh*t siccness... I knew you had that grind time of mentality. What do you like and dislike about working as a PWM?
There are lots of things I like and dislike but what I enjoy the most is having some of the most interesting and important people in the world as clients.
 5 years ago '04        #50
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
so in this thread...all chase employees post their SIDs

I'm a mortgage banker for Chase and the majority of what has been said about chase is true...I'm lucky to have a supervisor that doesn't like to micro manage people though
 5 years ago '12        #51
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7601 7601
 SiqkWidaPen said:
so in this thread...all chase employees post their SIDs

I'm a mortgage banker for Chase and the majority of what has been said about chase is true...I'm lucky to have a supervisor that doesn't like to micro manage people though
How did you become a mortgage banker? Were you first a PB for Chase? I notice the mortgage banker job requirement is a bit more than what is required of a PB.
 5 years ago '04        #52
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 BlessInTheSky said:
How did you become a mortgage banker? Were you first a PB for Chase? I notice the mortgage banker job requirement is a bit more than what is required of a PB.
I have seen people that were Tellers get promoted to Mortgage Banker. All I know is they make nice loot. They avg like around 65-80k. It is a hard position to get versus PB. If you work at a good location life is easy.
 5 years ago '04        #53
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 BlessInTheSky said:
im in louisiana...monroe to be exact chase has like 4 buildings of operation...matter of fact all the mortgage files are hosted here...basically just apply i applied for like 6 months before i got a chance to be interviewed...no experience in mortgage banking or anything we do like a 8 week class where they teach us everything and then send us up
 5 years ago '04        #54
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 SiqkWidaPen said:
im in louisiana...monroe to be exact chase has like 4 buildings of operation...matter of fact all the mortgage files are hosted here...basically just apply i applied for like 6 months before i got a chance to be interviewed...no experience in mortgage banking or anything we do like a 8 week class where they teach us everything and then send us up
How much you making on avg? If you don't mind me asking.
 5 years ago '12        #55
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
 SiqkWidaPen said:
What was your previous work experience like? And what about your educational background?
 5 years ago '04        #56
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Mullany S said:
yes i would like to know also, i need my foot in the door. i applied to both chase and wells fargo and never got a follow up call. is anybody familiar with wells fargo screening for personal banker? fyi i have zero experience so i dont mind starting from scratch.
You need to come in as a Teller then work up into a PB. I have seen people get Teller jobs many ways. 1) Applying online. 2) Going up to the Bank (Having a Account and creating a buddy system to the BM) 3) Getting referred in by a person who works there 4) Working at another bank then gaining experience and then moving. You can get in as a PB, but its almost vital that you have a degree and then it goes down to the luck of the draw, if they pick u then u have to k!ll the interview. Also, dude that was a Mortgage Banker, I am sure he probably worked at Chase prior but just did not work in that department.
 5 years ago '05        #57
crazyquicks 
space
space
space
$420 | Props total: 313 313
i applied for this position as soon as i saw this thread. Had the interview with the bm and today i had the interview with the dm. hioefully i get that third interview.
 5 years ago '12        #58
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
 crazyquicks said:
i applied for this position as soon as i saw this thread. Had the interview with the bm and today i had the interview with the dm. hioefully i get that third interview.
Which position? Personal Banker or Mortgage Banker?
 11-29-2012, 10:19 PM         #59
siccness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlessInTheSky said:
Which position? Personal Banker or Mortgage Banker?
Probably as banker since Mortgage Bankers don't interview with branch managers.

Last edited by siccness; 11-29-2012 at 11:00 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #60
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
 siccness said:
Probably as banks since Mortgage Bankers don't interview with branch managers.
Why not?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago