Kendrick Lamar Changes His Mind About Voting and Defends Obama, Now Encourages People to Vote

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-04-2012, 08:48 PM         #21
TrueHopTunes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The fact of matter is, and what Kendrick is getting at, is that YOU have to do something to make a change in the world instead of relying on a higher power to do it. Like a fxcking vote is going to change anything...

Remember, People is Power ! But mf's is stuck in this mentality that their just one person and can't do anything. But if everyone (especially my black people) had the mentality of "Hey, I can make a difference", we could overthrow all this shxt.
 5 years ago '07        #22
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
smh at this dude...he aint as intelligent as he makes himself look. especially with that heavy Christian theme throught gkmc

ab-soul>>>>>

control systems>>>>>
 5 years ago '07        #23
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,340 | Props total: 2050 2050
Like I said. Anyone who isnt a white male and doesnt exercise their right to vote when people fought and died for us to have this right is an idiot
 5 years ago '07        #24
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 nastynoble said:
smh at this dude...he aint as intelligent as he makes himself look. especially with that heavy Christian theme throught gkmc

ab-soul>>>>>

control systems>>>>>
hes human like me and you, n*gga. but I agree. Ab-Soul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 5 years ago '07        #25
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
The fact of matter is, and what Kendrick is getting at, is that YOU have to do something to make a change in the world instead of relying on a higher power to do it. Like a fxcking vote is going to change anything...

Remember, People is Power ! But mf's is stuck in this mentality that their just one person and can't do anything. But if everyone (especially my black people) had the mentality of "Hey, I can make a difference", we could overthrow all this shxt.

A vote on the city and state level makes a huge difference especialy.
 5 years ago '10        #26
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
did some of ya even watch the video or read the first comment

and a sidenote: in no way possible is Ab-soul better then Kendrick
 11-05-2012, 04:50 AM         #27
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Funny how when white candidates run against each other, everyone's quiet. When a Black man runs, it's cool for Black people to protest against voting.....who's the sheep?
 5 years ago '10        #28
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
The most annoying thing in the world are people who believe in something so much, they will deny everything against it, factual or not. The scum of the earth.
 5 years ago '07        #29
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 swayze said:
Dumbest statement known to man . Ive explained this b4 and wil not go into it as it's long . Nobody died for anybody to vote and if you believe that bs you are a idiot . You cant name one person who doed for people to vote and you want to know why ,because people were murdered for speaking out on many issues not some simple minded a.ss vote. Niccas k!ll me with the non sense they spew to get people to vote. Nicca you've had the vote for 50 + years now tell me where TF has it gotten us?

For the sake of any thing that can think will you niccas stop saying the ILLUMINATI THO. People will not listen at all if you saying that dumb stuff.
how old are you, retarded n*gga? how many family stories have been passed down to you, how many books have you read on the history of this Country?
 5 years ago '07        #30
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 Donny D said:
did some of ya even watch the video or read the first comment

and a sidenote: in no way possible is Ab-soul better then Kendrick
its obvious you dont listen to Soulo then or youre just d!ckriding
 5 years ago '07        #31
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,950 | Props total: 5861 5861
That's why I don't ask rappers for advice on politics
 5 years ago '04        #32
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 240ka said:
Like I said. Anyone who isnt a white male and doesnt exercise their right to vote when people fought and died for us to have this right is an idiot
But when that right is not actually a right but an exercise in futility, then what?

Voting for state officials works. But the presidential election is well known to be suspect. We do not ACTUALLY vote for presidents, the electoral college does and its an outdated practice.

That would mean its OUR duty to f!ght and die to empower our vote so it MATTERS, not participate in a broken system & making believe it works. Why guilt trip somebody into something they do not believe in.
 5 years ago '11        #33
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
Y'all ballots don't have state elections as well? Get yo a.sses out and vote
 5 years ago '04        #34
..AMARU.. 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,131 | Props total: 737 737
 Fameus said:
Your a moron if you take your political advice from a 25 year old entertainer.
Ive a Degree in Politics and this is the most sensible thing I have seen in this thread
 5 years ago '04        #35
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 lflaxjr_1 said:
The two party system is a joke period. The Illuminati talking point is nothing but a strawman used to discredit a legitimate issue. Every 4 years the general public is presented with two choices, between two gangs the Democrips and the Rebloodicans. You never get a third choice or an alternative. Because they're always excluded from the debates and don't want people to hear or debate about real issues. We get two corporate puppets/slave masters to choose from. fu*k Romney and Obama, Democrips and Rebloodicans. I'm voting third party. Don't change your belief system for the system k.dot!
Real talk. It's like you only get 2 choices, as if thats how sh*t really works out in life. I told a couple of people i know that i wasnt voting for either cat on the presidental ballot but would vote for all of the local stuff, like the senator race, etc. And people were acting like i was setting the race back 1000 years becuase i wasnt giving ANOTHER free vote to Obama. My thing is, WTF has the president, or any president done for us. (Non-rich) People are kidding themselves if they think a politicial is gonna do anything for them outside of disaster relief during a natural diasater.

I asked myself yesterday am I better off than I was 4 years ago and the answer is YES, but yes because i got off my a.ss, put a portfolio and resume together and got my a.ss a steady job. Did the president have anything to do with that? Hell no. I got a job at the height of the recession and had to f!ght to get it. On the flipside, am i worse off than I was 4 years ago? HELL YEAH but that sh*t is personal problems and dont have sh*t to do with the president either.

bottom line is that you shouldnt waste your vote, but dont let people bully you into voting for a specific person who gets a certain image in the media/news and is spending $$$ on TV ads.

And stop waiting for other people to magically fix your problems because if thas the case we would all have decent houses that WE OWN and steady jobs. If yall think either canidate can fix this economy any time soon youre out of your damn minds
 5 years ago '05        #36
lflaxjr_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$230 | Props total: 0 0
 240ka said:

A vote on the city and state level makes a huge difference especialy.
 5 years ago '04        #37
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,404 | Props total: 678 678
As a black dude, I feel the same way... all the illuminati, puppet president talk is cool but you get sick of people blaming EVERYTHING on Obama just because he's black... My vote is on some retaliation sh*t.. Nothing will p!ss these racist whiteys up more than Obama getting a second term... puppet or not

Last edited by dat_boi_tj; 11-05-2012 at 12:20 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #38
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
Voting for Obama?

11-05-2012, 01:20 PM         #39
WordOnThaStreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you're an idiot to think your vote matters
 5 years ago '04        #40
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,404 | Props total: 678 678
 HeruDat said:
why would white males be pissed off when they running sh*t, always have ran sh*t, and still. As a black dude, I feel like yall need to stop acting like you get some kind of victory by seeing a bi-racial president. Dude has already told yall -- I ain't here for Black America. He's a great dude but he's more of a celebrity at this time just for the simple fact he is the first Black prezy in the US. And thats what keeps him on the pedestal.

You still gonna be profiled more, sent to jail more, schools and streets in your community still gonna be fu*ked up. Him being black makes yall too happy you're blinded

Whatever mysterious white man your referring to isnt who im talking about... you have low level politicians and citizens dogging out Obama just because of him name and skin color, and they can say what they want because its unlikely that were going to stick up for him... I was 18 once and looked at all the youtube videos and read all the books, but you a.ssume power through some sort of action, not just posting on message boards... What Obama getting re-elected to me means is that we as black people can unite for a common cause for the first time since the 60s..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago