Idris Elba ... the next James Bond?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
157 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-31-2012, 11:45 AM         #141
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nobody cares. Any controversy will be gone in no time. Having a blonde Bond was controversial at the time.

It's 2012, black people live in Britain. Black people work in the secret service. I'm not saying every historical character needs to be changed to suit the changing world, but I see no reason why there can't be a black Bond.

There will be opposition to it, but there's also opposition to having a Bond with blond hair. I don't think everyone who comes out against this will be a racist.
 5 years ago '07        #142
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 bakeram4 said:
well...people are always gonna be critical of change... with anything. They protested craig, okay...now skyfall is probably the most anticipated bond film for as long as I can remember. What Elba has in terms of talent and even looks really fits the essence of Bond, and if you wanna deny that because of color in this day and age, aye that's on you...and you can make the same argument for Tom Hardy or Fassbender, any of these men would make a great Bond. It's a given Bond was written for the times, and a mainstream charming Black lead would have never worked back then, but I would like to think the times would be ready and eventually embrace a non-white Bond.

In terms of trying to milk bond...I think we're way pass that starting with some of ridiculous Roger Moore and even some of the pierce and craig films. If you look at craig's version (which I actually like), some of the core attributes have really change, and what you're almost left with is an instinctive/reactive brute. They've been reinventing Bond to change with the times, I think this would be no different.

I agree this would shake things up, but not needlessly. What Elba has potential to do is really make Bond "cool" again..more so than even hardy or fassbender. You can't deny the guy's stage presence and appeal. Fassbender can out act the man in circles, but on a general appeal level, Elba is just too smooth. Connery defined cool in the early days, but what bond has even come close to that?

Final note, you dont' have to watch many bond films to know what the character represents, or understand english for that matter. My pops doesn't know a lick of english but every thanksgiving we're there for Bond. He's a guy everyone wants to be. He gets the girls, saves the world, and looks cool as sh*t doing it. Pure escapism from life for a couple hours...which brings the important point.... sh*t is escapism from everyday life, in a fictional world. It's not written in blood, and whatever generation comes next, they should be able to reinterpret bond to fit with their needs. A more progressive world...a more progressive bond... I'm more excited at the possibility than worried about a group of ppl protesting. two sides to every coin.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bakeram4 again.
 5 years ago '06        #143
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 1188 said:
Could Daniel Craig have played Stringer Bell?
are gangs in baltimore mostly white in REALITY which is wat the wire is based on . i love how ppl will use reality interchangeably with pure fiction to justify being narrow-minded
 5 years ago '06        #144
space
space
 Vancouver said:
Lotta people's inner racist is coming out in this topic.
dudes on here is hot, making the dumbest comparisons possible to justify being idiiots, shaft? sh*t y not just make black dynamite white. those characters are explicitly black

just like it would have been dumb to cast a black person in the lead of american history x, bond isnt explicitly white
 5 years ago '06        #145
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
People talkin all this sh*t about white racism...

Yes there is still some racism. But have you looked at the 2 term President of the U.S. recently? Last I checked the U.S. was still 80+ percent Caucasian and we elected a black president, but of course there would be riots over a black James Bond get the fu*k outta here...
80%!?

try 60% and falling
 5 years ago '06        #146
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
I still find it funny that all white people can a.ssociate with Black people is Shaft. As if that's the only character we ever had.

Also, still haven't heard a rebuttal for M being portrayed by a woman since the 90's. Guess it would have only been a problem if she was a Black woman.

10-31-2012, 12:20 PM         #147
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didn't he play a historically white character in Thor?
 10-31-2012, 12:44 PM         #148
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brazidee said:
Didn't he play a historically white character in Thor?
Didnt Cedric the Entertainer play Ralph Kramden?

Black ppl just cooler than white ppl.

Deal
 5 years ago '10        #149
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
It doesn't matter really. It's not like 007 is reserved for white agents lol a lot of British that work for the government just happen to be white. Elba could just be the one random black dude that happened to get to that status
 5 years ago '10        #150
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 Lee Wizzle said:
I swear I hate u undercover racist bastards y'all seriously gon sit here and say that u not gon enjoy the movie cause they cast a black British guy (who is perfectly capable for the part) and stop with the dumbass shaft analogy it ain't the same that part was written for a black man to play its not the same as a 007 film. Like sum1 in a earlier post stated whites have been doin other ethnic roles since the beginning with black face so now that the logical choice for the next James Bond is a black guy y'all all of a sudden not a fan no more or y'all think it ain't gon be as good as the last if the script is good the movie is good so let's leave it at that
Are you kidding me? the majority of the people in this thread are complaining about "What White America would do."

GTFOH
 5 years ago '08        #151
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
Closet racists gonna closet racist
 5 years ago '06        #152
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
 WADECOUNTY said:
he is a great actor but James bond... hell fu*king no.

For those that watch the GOAT Dave Chappelle show...

first thing that came to mind
i'm not seeing the humor here
 10-31-2012, 02:37 PM         #153
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a good choice imo, black or white he would make a great bond because of his personality
 5 years ago '11        #154
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 mosdefinition said:
white folks would riot

they rather have a white american do a terrible brittish accent than have a black bond
this is the best idea ever!!!!!!!!!!
 5 years ago '04        #155
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,452 | Props total: 1446 1446
 monrowe said:
I'd rather them come up with another bond like charecter... But he could pull it off.. I'm glad he is a black actor and his only black role was on the wire... All the other roles he had could be interchangeable racially and he is acclaimed.. So I'd take it.
no ...daddy's lil girls was a black role.
 10-31-2012, 03:47 PM         #156
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
black racists baiting white racists

DrX said:
its a good choice imo, black or white he would make a great bond because of his personality
this
 5 years ago '05        #157
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
I dont see him as James Bond... Pierce Brosnan always had that James Bond look or that new dude I dont even know his name...
 10-31-2012, 04:27 PM         #158
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illmatic826 said:

[pic - click to view]

What james bond looked like when i was a kid

Let Elba the english man play an english man. besides that franchise needs all the help it can get.
Haha yes sir, makes me wana go buy an N-64 right now. Probably be like 10 bucks with that game...
 5 years ago '10        #159
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
Get it done! He's mad underrated!!!
 10-31-2012, 04:35 PM         #160
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lighto said:
wtf?

America is not 80 pct white dumbass.

Hes not a two term president (as of yet anyway) dumbass.

Hes half white and he gets attacked racially every week.
No he doesn't. fu*king Rush Limbaugh doesn't count.

"white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%, Amerindian and Alaska native 0.97%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.18%, two or more races 1.61% (July 2007 estimate)"

Hispanics are considered a variety of ethnicities depending on the individual, because that is the case. Some immigrant from Argentina is not the same race as someone who was born in Northern Mexico and raised in Southern California. The U.S. is 80% white.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 10-31-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy