Idris Elba ... the next James Bond?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
23 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-31-2012, 03:55 AM         #121
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 monrowe said:
I'd rather them come up with another bond like charecter... But he could pull it off.. I'm glad he is a black actor and his only black role was on the wire... All the other roles he had could be interchangeable racially and he is acclaimed.. So I'd take it.
Never noticed that

How long before they make him dress up in drag
 10-31-2012, 06:07 AM         #122
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is this seriously a 7 page Thread?
 10-31-2012, 06:24 AM         #123
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Over damn skin color. What a fu*ked up world we live in.
 5 years ago '12        #124
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 BrodyMACaroni said:
I am. Doesn't make me racist.

You're dumb c*ck shiner.

You're retarded you fu*king pickle kisser.

Since you were able to come with an intelligent response without name calling I'll fu*k with ya.

My thing is this, Ian Fleming based James Bond character on his brother, Peter Fleming? I think is his name. And a couple other people. Including himself.

Just like Shaft was loosely based off his author. How do you think Ernest Tidyman would feel if his character was played by a white dude? How do you think Ian Fleming would feel is James Bond was played by a black dude? Why is one ok and the others not?

I do agree that Bond is less affiliated with his color than Shaft. But they're both fictional characters. If you can change one, why not the other?

Plus as a writer myself. If somebody changed something like that about one of my characters I'd be pissed about it.

Like I said I'm sure Elba could do it. It's just a big jump for me. I've grown up watching old James Bond movies AND old Shaft movies. And FOR ME, seeing a black Bond. Would be like seeing a white Shaft. I shouldve made that point more clearly with my initial comparison.

But whatever. I'm sure it would be good. I love Elba. Would just take some getting used to.

All you guys calling people "stupid" and "retarded" it's usually the stupid people who do that first.
Suck my d!ck from the back while I sh*t up your nose bi*ches.
Angry white kid

Called somebody a pickle kisser
 10-31-2012, 06:29 AM         #125
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gonna reread the novels with Idris Elba in mind. I bet its going to make the experience 10x more better.
 5 years ago '04        #126
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,481 | Props total: 2714 2714
they should k!ll the character,give E. another number

James Bond is just an agent...when one die ,he is replaced ...so why not

i say do it ,just to p!ss off white people and black people who dont like change
 5 years ago '04        #127
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
Still not understanding peoples complaints considering 1 m has been a woman since the 90s and 2 felix leiter is now black
 5 years ago '04        #128
bony 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,363 | Props total: 319 319
fu*k that... bond is a white brit... you wouldnt like a remake of Shaft starting bruce willis huh?
 5 years ago '04        #129
space
space
 BrodyMACaroni said:
I am. Doesn't make me racist.

You're dumb c*ck shiner.

You're retarded you fu*king pickle kisser.

Since you were able to come with an intelligent response without name calling I'll fu*k with ya.

My thing is this, Ian Fleming based James Bond character on his brother, Peter Fleming? I think is his name. And a couple other people. Including himself.

Just like Shaft was loosely based off his author. How do you think Ernest Tidyman would feel if his character was played by a white dude? How do you think Ian Fleming would feel is James Bond was played by a black dude? Why is one ok and the others not?

I do agree that Bond is less affiliated with his color than Shaft. But they're both fictional characters. If you can change one, why not the other?

Plus as a writer myself. If somebody changed something like that about one of my characters I'd be pissed about it.

Like I said I'm sure Elba could do it. It's just a big jump for me. I've grown up watching old James Bond movies AND old Shaft movies. And FOR ME, seeing a black Bond. Would be like seeing a white Shaft. I shouldve made that point more clearly with my initial comparison.

But whatever. I'm sure it would be good. I love Elba. Would just take some getting used to.

All you guys calling people "stupid" and "retarded" it's usually the stupid people who do that first.
Suck my d!ck from the back while I sh*t up your nose bi*ches.
So m being a woman doesnt bother you
 5 years ago '04        #130
space
space
 bony said:
fu*k that... bond is a white brit... you wouldnt like a remake of Shaft starting bruce willis huh?
U do realize hes been played by non brits right
 10-31-2012, 07:49 AM         #131
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pickle Kisser!!!!!!
 5 years ago '07        #132
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
 kevante said:
Never noticed that

How long before they make him dress up in drag
original quote was false actually, didn't idris play a god in thor
that sh*t caught me off guard, like seriously a norse god is going to be black

he still did an excellent job doing the part though, he's done a great job in the wire I thought, that's one of my favourite series ever. I still don't think a black bond would be appropriate. You guys feel the same if a chinese/thai person became james bond next just because they were british? How about spanish or latino? Or are you guys saying you want a black bond because you are black yourselves and want to see yourselves in that bond position

I seriously doubt it'll ever happen, but if it does i'll still watch it and no doubt i'll enjoy it.
 5 years ago '04        #133
bony 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,363 | Props total: 319 319
 MosDefinition said:
U do realize hes been played by non brits right
yea, and Pierce Brosnan is the only non brit to pull it off... sean connery is an overrated stage actor
 5 years ago '10        #134
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
I still find it funny that all white people can a.ssociate with Black people is Shaft. As if that's the only character we ever had.

Also, still haven't heard a rebuttal for M being portrayed by a woman since the 90's. Guess it would have only been a problem if she was a Black woman.

5 years ago '04        #135
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
I still find it funny that all white people can a.ssociate with Black people is Shaft. As if that's the only character we ever had.

Also, still haven't heard a rebuttal for M being portrayed by a woman since the 90's. Guess it would have only been a problem if she was a Black woman.

There is no rebuttal thats why or for felix leiter being black
 5 years ago '07        #136
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
this thread is a few post away from a N-bomb being dropped...the kind with er

white people are livid
 5 years ago '12        #137
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,619 | Props total: 2135 2135
at the race baiting in this thread.
 5 years ago '04        #138
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
James Bond was not written in the books as a White guy, people just a.ssumed he was White from already established films.. Anyone could play him, so I see no problem with this.. People making dumb comparisons saying What if a White guy played Shaft, I see no problem with that either, even though Shaft was written as a Black character..
 10-31-2012, 11:00 AM         #139
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrodyMACaroni said:
You seem like a douche bag who's a lot stupider than he thinks he is. Talk about someone being ignorant. Did you even read my post?

It's called a different perspective and there's nothing wrong with it. As a writer I would be mad if somebody changed something like that about a character I created. I'm not, nor did I ever, say Fleming wouldn't like Elba. All I'm saying is we don't know. We do know Tidyman wouldn't like Shaft as a black dude. But that's ok because he was more racially affiliated?

And like I said PAGES ago. I just don't like change. Which is why I said I didn't like the George Lazenby James Bonds BECAUSE OF HIS SHIRT. Lol they changed his shirt and I didn't like it.

Can you comprehend what I'm saying?

Everybody is so racially sensitive nowadays you can't even have an opinion without being labeled an "angry little white boy." Lol

Look how angry I sound.
Yep... I skimmed through it. Just looked like a bunch of backtracking to me.

I'm not racist... I-I-I mean he could do it, I'm sure!... I-I-I-oh come on! I didn't like the one white guy's shirt! I'm just picky! I don't like change! Oh come onnnn! The author wouldn't like this! What about his wishes? This is absurd!

Seems like you just think we're dumber than you think we are. You take James Bond, a spy, and compare him to Shaft, who was always a black detective... and thought that was a relevant comparison. Then try to cop a plea while shifting blame on everyone else for 8 pages.

You're just some corny white boy who doesn't know anything about black entertainment. That's pretty evident. You were wrong. You're a buffoon. Accept your L and keep it movin.
 10-31-2012, 11:11 AM         #140
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
this thread is a few post away from a N-bomb being dropped...the kind with er

white people are livid
Muthafuhkas can go there if they want. Cant get snuffed through the screen.
Vanillas know when & where they can do this bullsh*t. Lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago