Idris Elba ... the next James Bond?

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-30-2012, 09:32 PM         #101
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
We got a black Nick Fury.......we can have a black James Bond.
You saw how angry people got about that sh*t.
 5 years ago '11        #102
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,667 | Props total: 1510 1510
 TheMindOf said:
James Bond is named after an American bird watcher.

And for the most part, his eccentricities are based on Flemming himself.

Im not sure who these other people you speak of are.

Also, He's a fictional character. He can be anything.

See this is what I was talking about. It's just gonna be narrow minded white Americans getting heated about this.

Just look at the new Spiderman

[pic - click to view]

Miles Morales. He's black and latino.

damn you beat me to that spiderman remark and 007 being fictional
 5 years ago '11        #103
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
space
so i guess since all presidents have been white and living in a white house there will never be a black president

Oh wait we already got a black president if the president can be black so can james bond i mean damn is this really that serious to yall where all that matters is the color of his skin and not the damn script that hasnt even been written i mean Damn its 2012 i wish yall would grow the fu*k up blacks aint tryin to enslave yall or sum sh*t
 10-30-2012, 10:02 PM         #104
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Make that muthafuhka Mexican!
Danny Trejo.
Michael Pena.

That n*gga from American Me.

Lets really fuhk their head up!
 5 years ago '11        #105
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
space
 Gmengfx said:
lets be real

IFFF

they were to have a black bond..i think he is a perfect choice..

my only point was..like james bond is fu*king white..get over it

shaft is black..we dont give a fu*k

come up with a new type of james bond type character or some sh*t..why do you havee to make james bond black..who gives a fu*k that hes a white dude

pluss

yall got hancock..and yall didnt support that sh*t so..thats on u

oh helllllllll naw you aint just say we got Hancock that bullsh*t a.ss movie riddled with bullsh*t a.ss racial epithets theres a reason that bullsh*t aint get no support

Last edited by Lee Wizzle; 10-30-2012 at 10:10 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #106
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,023 | Props total: 5085 5085
 1188 said:
Could Daniel Craig have played Stringer Bell?
Hell yeah some of the worlds most notorious gangsters are european, sh*t is just not talked about much here.

I think dude would be a great choice, I'm not a big fan of Bond films but I'd check it out. People who have an issue just shouldnt watch. I been reading so much about how Hollywood says don't don't know how to market sh*t to blacks, well let's see how this works.

Last edited by Soda Pop; 10-30-2012 at 10:14 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #107
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
This argument loosely reminds me of "The Hunger Games", where the character "Rue" was cast as a black girl (as depicted in the og book). Many white people still flipped out, which leads me to believe that some of this criticism is simply low-key racism/white supremacy.
 5 years ago '11        #108
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,232 | Props total: 1250 1250
after pierce brosnan stopped being bond, i lost interest for the bond movies all around..
took my ex to watch the first one of the newer bond, didnt like the movie as how i liked the date. sh*tty night, bi*ch got mad cuz i tapped her a.ss when we hugged goodbye..

they made Jim West black, and i remember a friends grandpa kinda flippin out on it.. but he ended up kind of enjoying Will Smith's part in Wild Wild West.
 5 years ago '10        #109
Jonnyboysoul 76 heat pts76
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 55 55
Idris is a beast
 5 years ago '04        #110
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,365 | Props total: 6377 6377
these comparisons people throwing out there got me in tears

shaft? undercover brother?

5 years ago '08        #111
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 397 397
 Blaze332 said:
This argument loosely reminds me of "The Hunger Games", where the character "Rue" was cast as a black girl (as depicted in the og book). Many white people still flipped out, which leads me to believe that some of this criticism is simply low-key racism/white supremacy.
Basically.

Elba would make a great Bond, I could completely envision it, so much so that if he isn't the next Bond I'll be upset.
 5 years ago '04        #112
bakeram4 
space
space
space
$556 | Props total: 4 4
 clipse_designz said:
Significant controversy followed the decision, as it was doubted if the producers had made the right choice. Throughout the entire production period Internet campaigns expressed their dissatisfaction and threatened to boycott the film in protest.[16] The 5'10 (178cm) blond Craig, unlike previous actors, was not considered by the protesters to fit the tall, dark, handsome image of Bond to which viewers had been accustomed. The Daily Mirror ran a front page news story critical of Craig, with the headline, "The Name's Bland – James Bland."

So if people are willing to boycott the film because daniel craig didn't fit the image how the fu*k is idris? fu*king idiots on this site I swear. Can tell the americans chatting all this sh*t are new to the james bond series and know little about the stereotypical british tradition and culture this film is actually about. Typical american answer to try and milk a still very successful franchise for no reason other then a few black people on boxden will it's a good idea. Ask any black british person who knows about this and they'll tell you how stupid you sound.
well...people are always gonna be critical of change... with anything. They protested craig, okay...now skyfall is probably the most anticipated bond film for as long as I can remember. What Elba has in terms of talent and even looks really fits the essence of Bond, and if you wanna deny that because of color in this day and age, aye that's on you...and you can make the same argument for Tom Hardy or Fassbender, any of these men would make a great Bond. It's a given Bond was written for the times, and a mainstream charming Black lead would have never worked back then, but I would like to think the times would be ready and eventually embrace a non-white Bond.

In terms of trying to milk bond...I think we're way pass that starting with some of ridiculous Roger Moore and even some of the pierce and craig films. If you look at craig's version (which I actually like), some of the core attributes have really change, and what you're almost left with is an instinctive/reactive brute. They've been reinventing Bond to change with the times, I think this would be no different.

I agree this would shake things up, but not needlessly. What Elba has potential to do is really make Bond "cool" again..more so than even hardy or fassbender. You can't deny the guy's stage presence and appeal. Fassbender can out act the man in circles, but on a general appeal level, Elba is just too smooth. Connery defined cool in the early days, but what bond has even come close to that?

Final note, you dont' have to watch many bond films to know what the character represents, or understand english for that matter. My pops doesn't know a lick of english but every thanksgiving we're there for Bond. He's a guy everyone wants to be. He gets the girls, saves the world, and looks cool as sh*t doing it. Pure escapism from life for a couple hours...which brings the important point.... sh*t is escapism from everyday life, in a fictional world. It's not written in blood, and whatever generation comes next, they should be able to reinterpret bond to fit with their needs. A more progressive world...a more progressive bond... I'm more excited at the possibility than worried about a group of ppl protesting. two sides to every coin.
 5 years ago '04        #113
bakeram4 
space
space
space
$556 | Props total: 4 4
and for anyone saying fleming would hate elba as the lead.....well...he hated connery too, look how that turned out.
 10-31-2012, 12:35 AM         #114
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrodyMACaroni said:
I am. Doesn't make me racist.

You're dumb c*ck shiner.

You're retarded you fu*king pickle kisser.

Since you were able to come with an intelligent response without name calling I'll fu*k with ya.

My thing is this, Ian Fleming based James Bond character on his brother, Peter Fleming? I think is his name. And a couple other people. Including himself.

Just like Shaft was loosely based off his author. How do you think Ernest Tidyman would feel if his character was played by a white dude? How do you think Ian Fleming would feel is James Bond was played by a black dude? Why is one ok and the others not?

I do agree that Bond is less affiliated with his color than Shaft. But they're both fictional characters. If you can change one, why not the other?

Plus as a writer myself. If somebody changed something like that about one of my characters I'd be pissed about it.

Like I said I'm sure Elba could do it. It's just a big jump for me. I've grown up watching old James Bond movies AND old Shaft movies. And FOR ME, seeing a black Bond. Would be like seeing a white Shaft. I shouldve made that point more clearly with my initial comparison.

But whatever. I'm sure it would be good. I love Elba. Would just take some getting used to.

All you guys calling people "stupid" and "retarded" it's usually the stupid people who do that first.
Suck my d!ck from the back while I sh*t up your nose bi*ches.
You seem like an angry little white boy. Lashing out at others because of your ignorance. Don't be. Culture yourself and I'm sure you'll make a better comparison next time.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #115
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 Twelve said:
You saw how angry people got about that sh*t.
it was one of marvels highest selling comics series'

you dumbfu*ks need to go do something productive with your free time, holy sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #116
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
As a black guy id say no... Not because he woudnt pull of the part, but theres jus some things we need to leave alone, hes one of my favorite actors but we dont need white folks to get mad at every black person jus coz hes Bond... Im sure people in the UK wouldnt be as upset as the people in the US so my opinion would be LET IT GO
 5 years ago '04        #117
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
lol
you guys get worked up bout the stupidest sh*t on here
 5 years ago '04        #118
Sotaboy24 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 42 42
sh*t we already have a black president

10-31-2012, 02:16 AM         #119
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank Obama.
 5 years ago '07        #120
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1136 1136
 BrodyMACaroni said:
That's stupid. Nothing racist about it either. That's like having a white dude play Shaft. I would watch but I'd respect the 007 franchise a little less for giving in to the weight of social racial bull sh*t.
I laughed but I get what you saying
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago