Idris Elba ... the next James Bond?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
228 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
105 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
159 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-30-2012, 07:55 PM         #81
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blood Edge said:
Technically anyone can play James Bond since he isn't a single individual. Shaft was written to be a black character so that's a bad comparison.

thank you.
 5 years ago '10        #82
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 babalou said:
BINGO!

motherfu*kas damn near lost their minds when someone tweeted about Donald Glover being the next Spiderman
thats cause donald glover is annoying, and painfull to both watch and listen to. the only word to describe him is corny/

Storchaveli said:
Great actor but for Bond? No.... fu*k no. Can you imagine him walking up to a bartender being like "A 40 or malt liquor. Shaken. Not stirred."

Doesn't have the same ring to it.
moron

most of this thread is black people complaing about white people complaining before the white people had a chance to complain.

i wouldnt have a problem with it, it would actually be pretty good, but it doesnt matter cause black people will stick up for any black person trying to do this role, and white people will do anything to keep it white.

2012 everyone needs to grow up
 10-30-2012, 07:57 PM         #83
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
James Bond is named after an American bird watcher.

And for the most part, his eccentricities are based on Flemming himself.

Im not sure who these other people you speak of are.

Also, He's a fictional character. He can be anything.

See this is what I was talking about. It's just gonna be narrow minded white Americans getting heated about this.

Just look at the new Spiderman

[pic - click to view]

Miles Morales. He's black and latino.
narrow minded people. just like the person i quoted said, there are multiple 007's. anyone can play him. my vote is for denzel, naturally.
 5 years ago '07        #84
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
 TheMindOf said:
James Bond is named after an American bird watcher.

And for the most part, his eccentricities are based on Flemming himself.

Im not sure who these other people you speak of are.

Also, He's a fictional character. He can be anything.

See this is what I was talking about. It's just gonna be narrow minded white Americans getting heated about this.

Just look at the new Spiderman

[pic - click to view]

Miles Morales. He's black and latino.

did you just compare spiderman to james bond

i'm not american.

james bond the character that ian fleming created, is a fictional white character. Read the books, read the history, look at the original drawings, cartoons, films. WHITE.

there will never be a black james bond i'm certain of it. These comic book characters are only just changing for a gimmick to gain a larger audience. Don't get mad it's never happening makes me laugh that americans think this will happen though
 5 years ago '07        #85
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
Significant controversy followed the decision, as it was doubted if the producers had made the right choice. Throughout the entire production period Internet campaigns expressed their dissatisfaction and threatened to boycott the film in protest.[16] The 5'10 (178cm) blond Craig, unlike previous actors, was not considered by the protesters to fit the tall, dark, handsome image of Bond to which viewers had been accustomed. The Daily Mirror ran a front page news story critical of Craig, with the headline, "The Name's Bland – James Bland."

So if people are willing to boycott the film because daniel craig didn't fit the image how the fu*k is idris? fu*king idiots on this site I swear. Can tell the americans chatting all this sh*t are new to the james bond series and know little about the stereotypical british tradition and culture this film is actually about. Typical american answer to try and milk a still very successful franchise for no reason other then a few black people on boxden will it's a good idea. Ask any black british person who knows about this and they'll tell you how stupid you sound.
 5 years ago '12        #86
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
dudes in here act like they trying to cast jamie foxx or tyler perry as the next bond idris is a good actor who is british also an luther is the sh*t to

but on some real white people have james bond,captian america,thor,superman,batman,iron man,rocky,terminator,rambo,robocop,spiderman,the hulk,wolverine just to name non real people then to add insult to this whole topic jesus is a white dude in mostly all the pictures i see.

while us black folks get pootie tang,undercover brother an shaft hollywood wont even make the black panther movie

sh*t can some latinos an blacks gets some dame positive good guys on the big screen im all for this ive never watched bond before but i will now if idris is playing the role

AN SHAFT WAS HOW LONG AGO its 2012
 5 years ago '08        #87
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1219 1219
lets be real

IFFF

they were to have a black bond..i think he is a perfect choice..

my only point was..like james bond is fu*king white..get over it

shaft is black..we dont give a fu*k

come up with a new type of james bond type character or some sh*t..why do you havee to make james bond black..who gives a fu*k that hes a white dude

pluss

yall got hancock..and yall didnt support that sh*t so..thats on u
 5 years ago '05        #88
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
James bond should be born in the uk
Idris Elba was born in the uk so it cool skin color doesnt matter
only bond that doesn't count is George Lazenby
 10-30-2012, 08:25 PM         #89
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
white folks would riot

they rather have a white american do a terrible brittish accent than have a black bond
thats a lie Im a white American and I think the whole franchise needs a total face lift Idris would be a really good change of scenery and in my opinion he has been one of the most consistent actors of the past decade from his work on the wire and RockNRolla even alot of the small roles he has played made shows excellent

Idris For Bond 2013
 5 years ago '09        #90
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
 BrodyMACaroni said:
That's stupid. Nothing racist about it either. That's like having a white dude play Shaft. I would watch but I'd respect the 007 franchise a little less for giving in to the weight of social racial bull sh*t.
Apples and Oranges, Shaft was known to be a black man. James Bond is just known to be English not a white English man. So in a sense its very racist. I expect more out of you Brody and I would love to see a white Shaft. They should cast Michael Cera as the next Shaft, word to Don Glover.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #91
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,591 | Props total: 4043 4043
1. Sean Connery to my knowledge is Scottish
with that said the Bond franchise is one of the longest running film franchises . I doubt we will see anything other than a white James T. Kirk or a Indiana Jones or Batman or Rocky or Spiderman . You dont mess with a good thing . A casting director is not gonna take that shot its not logical . There really is not a black movie franchise to compare it to other than Shaft and Shaft will always be black . I remember when Diddy thought he had a chance at being Bond . They probably allready have the next Bond allready picked .
 5 years ago '07        #92
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Make it happen
 10-30-2012, 08:43 PM         #93
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 zogby said:
James bond should be born in the uk
Idris Elba was born in the uk so it cool skin color doesnt matter
only bond that doesn't count is George Lazenby
Gona have to agree with that I think of him more as British than White. I think of him as both but if I had to choose one...
 10-30-2012, 08:51 PM         #94
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 clipse_designz said:
did you just compare spiderman to james bond

i'm not american.

james bond the character that ian fleming created, is a fictional white character. Read the books, read the history, look at the original drawings, cartoons, films. WHITE.

there will never be a black james bond i'm certain of it. These comic book characters are only just changing for a gimmick to gain a larger audience. Don't get mad it's never happening makes me laugh that americans think this will happen though
All the Bonds minus Dalton have not been what Fleming created

Flemings creation was destroyed and Bond is now a movie franchise and little to do with the books.

The fact is we will see a black british bond sooner or later and it will not really be a shock nor a issue, it'll draw in the crowds.
 10-30-2012, 08:52 PM         #95
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People talkin all this sh*t about white racism...

Yes there is still some racism. But have you looked at the 2 term President of the U.S. recently? Last I checked the U.S. was still 80+ percent Caucasian and we elected a black president, but of course there would be riots over a black James Bond get the fu*k outta here...
 5 years ago '11        #96
panelas 31 heat pts31
space
space
$778 | Props total: 2 2
he is a really good actor, it would be interesting to see how he could do it

im white and i could not care less.....most ppl will be the same
 5 years ago '10        #97
marx1684 
space
space
$4,825 | Props total: 4961 4961
Couldn't be any worst than letting Cedric the Entertainer & Mike Epps take the lead rolls in the Honeymooners.
 5 years ago '07        #98
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Pistol Peter said:
white people will not let this go down...but whenever a white person needs to play ghandi, cleopatra, or jesus who are all racially non-white then they are all for it

didn't keeanu reeves play buddah as well?

you people are funny
 10-30-2012, 09:28 PM         #99
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
is he gonna be fu*king all the white women like james bond is the question
na he can have his ebony queen
 5 years ago '07        #100
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMindOf said:
How is that an adequate comparison? You sound like an idiot.

Also; Really? Those are the only prominent black portrayed characters you people can think of?

- Shaft
- Blade
- Anton Jackson (from Undercover Brother)

anyway,

The difference is, FOR THE 30TH TIME IN THIS THREAD

Those are all characters who are written as innately black.

James Bond is more of an English spy, than a "White" spy. Thats the most important aspect.

Especially because, it can be interpreted that James Bond is a code name (A secret agent wouldn't be using his government name) and 007 is an agent status within the MI6 spy agency.

Thus why there are so many different James Bond's over the years. Why woundn't a black agent be able to acquire 007 status?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheMindOf again.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
57 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
17 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
30 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy