Where's your life heading?

most viewed right now
 81
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 66
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 50
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 12-09-2012, 02:38 AM         #81
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
heading to the top^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

we fly high
 5 years ago '05        #82
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$10,208 | Props total: 8739 8739
 egotistical said:
Good sh*t Memph. You going to be ballin out now . How much they end up giving up? Hope you negotiated on salary or vacation/sick days.
Truthfully, they took a high paying position and turned it into a group. So, as of now I'm at 50K. To me, that's still low for a DBA, but I'm cool. I'm going to get into this position, get my experience as a DBA. The benefits are pretty damn good, as are the vacation and sick pay.
 12-10-2012, 11:00 AM         #83
Real Hustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ed Bundy said:
na man ...thats not it

i dont want to find a job anywhere...very few jobs would make me happy.. i dont like the idea of being "imprisoned" period. even if its a better job than my current one, its the same thing ultimately.

theres very few jobs i would want and those are like impossible to get and unrealistic at this point. id like to start my own company or something or do something utilizing my creative talents but thats where it gets tricky.. its not that easy
start working towards it
 5 years ago '07        #84
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 ReMiXed said:
Elaborate
It's a book about how to stop working so much but still make the same money or more. It explains some things you can do. I'm about 100 pages in outta 350 or so...good read. I def recommend it. Youtube it you'll see some reviews from people who did it
 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM         #85
TheCool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm 29 and honestly no clue. I wasted alot of my life running the streets. Just now realizing that sh1t was corny.

Just trying to figure it all out now.
 5 years ago '05        #86
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$23,463 | Props total: 4410 4410
Man... when they say money isn't everything--it really isn't.

Today I went to work, told my boss thank you for the opportunities you have given me but I've gone as far as I can go in this company.

No kind of benefits, sometimes I don't get my full 8, sometimes I struggle to get 5 and a half hours. I'm in school right now, so I will always have that to fall back on. But I told him, I'm done.
 5 years ago '08        #87
SecondComing101 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
I'm 23 currently living with my folks, just earned my second a.ssociates degree in Career Counselling as of yesterday (my first one was in Hotel Management), I just got a job with a major airline, the pay isnt the craziest to start with but its bound to go up after probation with better positions up for grabs which I cant complain about. I'm looking to make a k!lling out of the perks that come with the job and fly as much as I can since I like travelling and seeing new things.

As far as life goes I'm trying to start building my finances as far as saving and investing goes and I'm also trying to get out of my parents house as I need my own space and freedom (biggest concern as I feel that its slowing my growth as a person but I need to plan and save before I go out on my own).

I'm ok with where I am in life at the moment but I definitely feel that I have alot of living and adventure to do in the future. I know money is important but I value freedom and happiness more,so I'm definitely more focused on that for the moment and eventually I'll build something long-term, I just want to enjoy my youth and prepare pieces by pieces as I go.
 5 years ago '08        #88
SecondComing101 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
same post as uptop, bx wont allow me to delete a post for some odd reason


Last edited by SecondComing101; 12-15-2012 at 02:12 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #89
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
any one over 21 that stopped doing the whole going out/club scene shyt? If so why?
 5 years ago '06        #90
riga89 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,049 | Props total: 132 132
 TheCool said:
i'm 29 and honestly no clue. I wasted alot of my life running the streets. Just now realizing that sh1t was corny.

Just trying to figure it all out now.
My dude, I'm exactly your age. I know how you feel man. I never wasted time running around the streets, but I know people who have and it has affected them big time. You can never make up for lost time, so all you can do is move forward.

Start by this:
1. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
2. Mostly any kind of career that's well paying (100K+) requires a college education (so apply to college, you can start at a Community College first if you want)
3. Make long term goals and short term goals
4. Work your a.ss off and don't let anything or anybody distract you from where you want to be.
5. Start on this plan tomorrow morning as time waits on no man.
6. Constantly re-evaluate yourself and make the necessary changes. Remember the right decision isn't always the easiest one to make.
 5 years ago '12        #91
Southwick 
space
avatar space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 389 389
Trying to become more spiritual and conscious. More strategic. Manage my money and my health a lot better. Thinking about becoming vegan. Detoxifying my body and mind. I know now that all of my problems are because of mistakes I've made. I should atleast $50,000 or more in the bank now. I will eventually. Its okay that I don't though. Guess I'm one of the few who could care less about material possessions, school and money.
 12-17-2012, 08:55 AM         #92
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MemphBleek05 said:
Truthfully, they took a high paying position and turned it into a group. So, as of now I'm at 50K. To me, that's still low for a DBA, but I'm cool. I'm going to get into this position, get my experience as a DBA. The benefits are pretty damn good, as are the vacation and sick pay.
Was wondering what the qualifications are for data base administration position? I am not interested in the field but I have a buddy who was telling me he wanted to get this position and he talking about doing all sorts of certification. Is it about the degree or the certification? I always tell him to get a degree and then get experience but he was really hammering about the certifcations. How did you land the position?
 5 years ago '05        #93
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$10,208 | Props total: 8739 8739
 Darkdrone said:
Was wondering what the qualifications are for data base administration position? I am not interested in the field but I have a buddy who was telling me he wanted to get this position and he talking about doing all sorts of certification. Is it about the degree or the certification? I always tell him to get a degree and then get experience but he was really hammering about the certifcations. How did you land the position?
I stumbled into the position. An experience got me the job. Long story short, a DBA left the company. When he left, everything went to hell. Myself and another developer were called upon to fix the mess. With the little permissions we had (talking security permissions), we were able to reverse engineer and put a band aid on the situation. We could have fixed it, if we had more security access credientials, but either way, we impressed. The position came open, I was offered the job. Me and my coworker/the other developer are going to replace the DBA that left. So, the answer to your question was right place right time. I stepped up in their time of need and knocked it out the park.

I have no Certifications, of my 2 degrees only 1 is directly related to my positions under this company. I started out as a Data Analyst, developing MS Access applications for the company.
 5 years ago '06        #94
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$7,362 | Props total: 4635 4635
*I'm getting ready to enter my second year as an MBA student
*My two business partners and I are about to sign papers for cafe that we're buying out
*I'm segueing my art events into a business
*Telling my true friends how much I appreciate them
 5 years ago '07        #95
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
 riga89 said:
My dude, I'm exactly your age. I know how you feel man. I never wasted time running around the streets, but I know people who have and it has affected them big time. You can never make up for lost time, so all you can do is move forward.

Start by this:
1. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
2. Mostly any kind of career that's well paying (100K+) requires a college education (so apply to college, you can start at a Community College first if you want)
3. Make long term goals and short term goals
4. Work your a.ss off and don't let anything or anybody distract you from where you want to be.
5. Start on this plan tomorrow morning as time waits on no man.
6. Constantly re-evaluate yourself and make the necessary changes. Remember the right decision isn't always the easiest one to make.
I make over 100,000 a year now legally, with no degree (I have military experience though). And I'm a young black dude, still in my 20's, originally from Philly with an ethnic sounding name lol. It's more about your hustle and networking more than anything.
 5 years ago '04        #96
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1461 1461
 Spoken210 said:
any one over 21 that stopped doing the whole going out/club scene shyt? If so why?
I don't know why you would stop I mean the street life yes, club life I don't see why. I actually was a club promoter/dj/bartending through my early years taught me some of the most greatest skills in life. I met a lot of people I networked with taught me how to hustle.
 5 years ago '04        #97
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1461 1461
 King856 said:
owning your own company is harder work than a 9-5. It takes years and years to get established. you sound liek you wanna be a stay at home dad without the kids and wife lol come on fam you can't not work at all
this. I hate how people always make the sh*t sound easy or simple or like anybody can do it. it's personally not built for everyone.
 5 years ago '04        #98
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1461 1461
 MemphBleek05 said:
I stumbled into the position. An experience got me the job. Long story short, a DBA left the company. When he left, everything went to hell. Myself and another developer were called upon to fix the mess. With the little permissions we had (talking security permissions), we were able to reverse engineer and put a band aid on the situation. We could have fixed it, if we had more security access credientials, but either way, we impressed. The position came open, I was offered the job. Me and my coworker/the other developer are going to replace the DBA that left. So, the answer to your question was right place right time. I stepped up in their time of need and knocked it out the park.

I have no Certifications, of my 2 degrees only 1 is directly related to my positions under this company. I started out as a Data Analyst, developing MS Access applications for the company.
A good friend of mines actually stepped into a administrator position, when he worked for this contracting company he would come out and fix computer issues etc... then he would get to know all the people at the company and be social able and what not. He ended up convincing them to hire him. From what I noticed in the industry is small companies will usually hire experience (3-5 and more without degree or certs). 2-3 with certs. Bigger companies are were the degree is really needed.
 5 years ago '07        #99
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 egotistical said:
I don't know why you would stop I mean the street life yes, club life I don't see why. I actually was a club promoter/dj/bartending through my early years taught me some of the most greatest skills in life. I met a lot of people I networked with taught me how to hustle.
no i dont mean biz wise, i mean like going to the club and getting fukd up etc.

I agree with you though for the biz side
 5 years ago '06        #100
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$7,362 | Props total: 4635 4635
 Spoken210 said:
no i dont mean biz wise, i mean like going to the club and getting fukd up etc.

I agree with you though for the biz side
if you enjoy it and its not hurting your health, wallet, or other people then why stop?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 51
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
164 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
172 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
236 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
74 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy