James Harden Traded To Houston Rockets (Per Woj)

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #421
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,082 | Props total: 22526 22526
 Wondah_Woman said:
I think the Thunder knew they weren't going to offer him a better contract than the one he turned down. They could have played out the season and see if winning (depending on how close they came to winning the title) would have changed his mind, but cheap skate Clay Bennett basically told Presti he couldn't "overpay" for harden
Where'd you hear that? Didn't woj say presti was the one who drew the line and didn't want to go to the owner with a max deal from harden?

TizOnly1 said:
Harden's an idiot for turning down that contract.

He gets $1.5M a year more from Houston now, but he loses the LOADS of endorsements that come with being on a championship caliber team, especially one where you're part of a Big 3.. young.. with huge marketing potential.

n*gga made the same dumbass mistake Jeremy Lin made... trading in limitless endorsement potential, to try to scoop up a couple million extra in salary... and they both gotta play for the Rockets now, because of it.

Dumbasses.

Shout out to OKC front office for cutting this n*gga off so quickly. Getting a great deal out of Houston is just icing on the cake. Making the move so quickly, on a player as important as Harden, sends a strong message. This is some Bill Belicheck sh*t right here. This is how you build strong FRANCHISES.
limitless endorsement potential from being a third wheel to being "the guy" in a BIGGER media market?? How the hell does that work? Even Andrea Bargnani is getting endorsements for being the man in toronto Not to mention no state income tax in texas so he's getting a lot more value off that max deal down there too.
 5 years ago '04        #422
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,884 | Props total: 17436 17436
 2totimes said:
thats what he wanted. fool should of took the 52m instead of holding for the 60
after watching "broke" 30 for 30 ...Harden made the right decision
 5 years ago '09        #423
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
Kevin Martin is mad mad mad underrated and way under the radar.
I like this for OKC, as much as the beard became symbolic
 5 years ago '05        #424
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
Are people actually thinking OKC lost this trade? Let me break it down what they just did to Houston.

"Hey how about you give us your best player, your best prospect, and two future first round picks for James Harden and a bunch of bullsh*t?" - Oklahoma Thunder

Kevin Martin did have a bad year but don't for get he's a career 18 ppg player and about a 20+ ppg guy since he's been a starter.

Last edited by DanBootleg; 10-28-2012 at 08:54 AM..
Lurker gave props

5 years ago '12        #425
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,132 | Props total: 11406 11406
 H-o-f-f-a said:
Are people actually thinking OKC lost this trade? Let me break it down what they just did to Houston.

"Hey how about you give us your best player, your best prospect, and two future first round picks for James Harden and a bunch of bullsh*t?" - Oklahoma Thunder

Wait, what? They gave up their 6th man of the year, 3rd best player, key part of their core, for Kevin Martin, some dude named Lamb, and some draft picks? Yeah, they aint touchin us - Lakers and Heat.
 5 years ago '12        #426
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
 H-o-f-f-a said:

"Hey how about you give us your best player who is only great on a bad team, your prospect who might not even be half as good as harden and a complete bust in years to come, and two future first round picks in a weak draft class for James Harden and a bunch of bullsh*t?" - Oklahoma Thunder

Kevin Martin did have a bad year but don't for get he's a career 18 ppg player and about a 20+ ppg guy since he's been a starter on a team with nobody to pass it to since hes been in the leauge.
fixed
 5 years ago '12        #427
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
And I love how people just want to plug in Martins PPG, and say they got equal value player.

Harden was a ball handler who created his own shot, brought instant offense, and was willing to do it from the 6th man role.

It fit the team dynamic, and it remains to be seen if Martin can, but they are not the same player at all.
Lurker gave props

10-28-2012, 09:04 AM         #428
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eric Maynor + Kmart will do just fine replicating Hardens impact.

Add in Jeremy Lamb and OKC just got a hell of a deal.
 5 years ago '05        #429
space
space
 44wade said:
Wait, what? They gave up their 6th man of the year, 3rd best player, key part of their core, for Kevin Martin, some dude named Lamb, and some draft picks? Yeah, they aint touchin us - Lakers and Heat.
 bmandagod said:
fixed
First the bolded comment. Us? Oh so we're going to let it fly when someone roots for two rivals now? SMH kids these days.

And yeah let the dudes name depict how this trade works out. But Jeremy Lamb is already better than all that bullsh*t they gave up, and Martin has more than proven he's as good as Harden. Maybe you should watch him play sometime.
 5 years ago '12        #430
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 H-o-f-f-a said:
First the bolded comment. Us? Oh so we're going to let it fly when someone roots for two rivals now? SMH kids these days.

And yeah let the dudes name depict how this trade works out. But Jeremy Lamb is already better than all that bullsh*t they gave up, and Martin has more than proven he's as good as Harden. Maybe you should watch him play sometime.
Roots for two rivals?

fu*k you talking about?

Those are OKC's competition. Me? Im a Heat fan, but that doesnt matter, the point is, The Thunder's rivals view this as them getting weaker.

And you trying to plug in potential for a known commodity, is laughable. Give a fu*k about what dudes name is, what has he proven? And do you win with potential?

And again, what game do you watch, where Martin is a slasher/ball handler who can play PG?

He allowed Westbrook to slide over to SG, during crunch time. So OKC had JH-RW-KD backcourt, now its replaced by Eric Maynor-RW-KD, because Martin is not supplanting either during crunch time.

Tighten up.
 5 years ago '12        #431
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 1391 1391
 44wade said:
Roots for two rivals?

fu*k you talking about?

Those are OKC's competition. Me? Im a Heat fan, but that doesnt matter, the point is, The Thunder's rivals view this as them getting weaker.
Tighten up.
Exactly my dude, Ik what you meant.

Who on their bench is going to provide offense for them like Harden was cause it damn sure won't be Kevin martin he'll be injured before season is over.
 5 years ago '10        #432
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 912 912
What i want to know is, how can people say harden is a top 3 SG in the league?

Wade
Kobe
Manu
Monta Ellis
Joe Johnson
Kevin Martin
Andre Iguodala
Ray Allen
Jason Richardson
Eric Gordon

off the top of my head , NOT in a ranking order. I cant put him in my top 3 right now, sorry not gonna happen.

[video - click to view]

(:42)
 5 years ago '05        #433
space
space
 44wade said:
Roots for two rivals?

fu*k you talking about?

And you trying to plug in potential for a known commodity, is laughable. Give a fu*k about what dudes name is, what has he proven? And do you win with potential?

And again, what game do you watch, where Martin is a slasher/ball handler who can play PG?

He allowed Westbrook to slide over to SG, during crunch time. So OKC had JH-RW-KD backcourt, now its replaced by Eric Maynor-RW-KD, because Martin is not supplanting either during crunch time.

Tighten up.
Have you ever thought that maybe Harden was so effective in crunch time because he was on the court with the best scorer in the NBA and one of the most athletic point guards in the NBA? Or maybe he was effect because of good game planning by their coach?

They can do the exact same thing with Martin in a different role. I'm not saying he's as good of a shooter as Ray Allen, but he is around 40% for his career from 3 and shoots 45% from anywhere else. He can easily be a slasher/spot up shooter, especially with the talent they already have.
 5 years ago '12        #434
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
 Rawfury said:
What i want to know is, how can people say harden is a top 3 SG in the league?

Wade
Kobe
Manu
Monta Ellis
Joe Johnson
Kevin Martin
Andre Iguodala
Ray Allen
Jason Richardson
Eric Gordon

off the top of my head , NOT in a ranking order. I cant put him in my top 3 right now, sorry not gonna happen.

(:42)
The Bold means GTFOH..

Alright first... Can Eric Gordon play a full season to begin with before people try to say he's better then Harden.

Kevin Martin is just a scorer he doesn't bring anything else....

JRich ain't been nice in years..

Average Joe? No

Ray who can hit the 3 ball like 1 out of every 7 shots now? But won't play defense anymore? Naw.
 5 years ago '09        #435
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,082 | Props total: 22526 22526
brother, you know its about to be 2013 right? you got ray allen, jason richardson, etc as better than james harden?
 10-28-2012, 09:28 AM         #436
West Side Wolf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
The point is this year, OKC got worse for this year. Maybe Martin steps in and gives what Harden did for OKC, but he is not the slasher/ball handler that Harden was. Alot of Hardens value, was the instant offense he brought, and creating his own shot.

OKC loses that this year, and maybe Lamb develops into a great player, but its not going to be this year, and draft picks are nice, but draft picks dont win titles, quickly.
What? How can you say, that OKC got worse? They got depth, and ball handling/ slashing? Really have you not watched K-Mart, that guy lead the league a couple seasons ago in Three Point% and free throws attempted, due to his ability to draw fouls and attack the basket.

And they got a J.Lamb as well who could well develop into "Harden" 2.0 and as you say not this year? Why not numerous players blow up there rookie season and with all that talent around him I wouldn't doubt his ability to be a game changer.

As for his own shot, where was he in the finals? OKC overall made the better move, trading away someone before they demanded a trade, cant pay a 6th man that much money a year, wait it out save that money get a legit Center. And OKC shows how its done.
 5 years ago '12        #437
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
 H-o-f-f-a said:

you telling me hes almost as good as harden....and the n*gga already 6 or 7 years older than him and hit his potential like 2 years ago....n*gga been in the league almost 10 years and still isnt a better player than harden is in his first 3...n*gga just stop..kevin martin is ok...i dont like either one of the n*ggas...
 5 years ago '10        #438
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
Btw Jalen called this trade, spoke truth on twitter too

JALEN ROSE ‏@JalenRose
Why would Harden leave OKC. 1)max deal 2)to be the #1 guy 3)larger market/no state tax #NBA
 5 years ago '10        #439
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
brother, you know its about to be 2013 right? you got ray allen, jason richardson, etc as better than james harden?
You didnt read, i said its not in order. Not to mention it was names that i listed as good SG's not necessarily better. Your right its about to be 2013, and i would think people would know how to read by now and not a.ssume
 5 years ago '12        #440
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
 Rawfury said:
You didnt read, i said its not in order. Not to mention it was names that i listed as good SG's not necessarily better. Your right its about to be 2013, and i would think people would know how to read by now and not a.ssume
Harden is top 5 SG in the league

1) Kobe
2) Wade

( Ik you saw that coming Josh & Heat fans)

3) Manu
4) Harden
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago