The Official Hurricane Sandy AKA "Frankenstorm.” In NYC. Can Yall Give Me An Online Funeral Service.

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
172 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
95 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #101
nyc 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,180 | Props total: 3469 3469
its sad seein parts of new york like this where im at theres only lots of leaves on the ground and small branches.. i hope we can recover quickly i dont want to see my city like this
 10-30-2012, 08:51 PM         #102
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.IrIsH said:
I'm sure it's arguable.. but anyone has to admit this was catastrophic in its scope and damage. Yes, it was a Cat 1 hurricane but CNN was saying last night once it reached land and meshed with another cold air storm front it was equal to a cat 3 hybrid storm..

Even the dude behind "the perfect storm" was in awe of Sandy..

Katrina was crazy too.. but this one targeted one of the biggest cities in North America and I'm pretty sure has caused more $ value damage as well.

What's important now is everyone's safety and the focus on rebuilding and moving forward..
Sandy will have to clear $100B to be costlier than Katrina, so even that's unlikely. Coming from someone who was on site in the wake of Katrina and helped in relief efforts...seeing people even being able to move virtually freely about the city this morning in pictures and video let me know the two don't compare. I saw entire cities and towns that I grew up in and around completely obliterated and the damage spanned 3 states...

Anywho, I'm not here to compare or argue which was worse, they're both immeasurable disasters and what you wrote that I bolded is the truth - right now the response to help the people matters the most. I'm happy to see Gov. Christie and President Obama with the heads up play this morning. It'll be interesting to see what takes place in NYC the next few days as well.
 5 years ago '12        #103
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 430 430
This could have been on some Katrina sh*t if they didn't prepare for it like they did.

Luckily my neighborhood was one of the lucky ones, people are evacing to this area. Still, sh*t got mad real for a while. Glad it's over.
 5 years ago '04        #104
albemarle 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,141 | Props total: 444 444
Could have been a lot worse I'm glad the people who evacuated listened and got out while they could. Material Items can be replaced but man a life is priceless.
 5 years ago '06        #105
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,614 | Props total: 2237 2237
Our crib wasn't personally in it, but I remember when my hometown got flooded. We were going home from my grandmother's house, and the road was closed. The water was about 1/2 way up the tires, and I was scared. My teacher's dog washed down the river in his house. Whole downtown washed out. I couldn't imaging it looking like that in a city as big as NYC. My little town has less than 5,000 people & it was disasterous. Just saw WVa is getting hit w/feet of snow. Sandy is doin damage. God Bless you all.
 5 years ago '11        #106
Pakchoy 830 heat pts830
space
space
$6,644 | Props total: 40659 40659
 Da Realness said:
damn... my ny n*ggas gotta be sh*ttin bricks. out here, in Florida, n*ggas lookin at these up north n*ggas like.. "stop bi*chin.. yall gon be aight" lol we used to it. i got used to it real early.

I just know it gotta look crazy for NY to be goin through that. I cant imagine times square as a ghost town.
Yeah i was in Florida when Sandy hit and then came to Jamaica on sunday to see the damage. The damage that i've seen in both places in no where on the level im seeing in ny. Honestly are ny. nj houses even built to fl standards? I bet a majority of the old houses don't even have rebar in the walls. Also i heard something from a friend but about majority of people up that side don't have flood protection or water damage for house or car because they not prone to storms like this. If they really don't have flood protection that will really suck for alot of people
 10-30-2012, 09:58 PM         #107
TimmyGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hearing some of Flatbush losing power.. From e40th and Ave M to Ocean Ave and Ave H lost power
 5 years ago '11        #108
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,232 | Props total: 1251 1251
damn bruh.. ill spit a couple bars in prayer for yall..

sh*t's not to be taken lightly.. city got washed up,, for real
 5 years ago '06        #109
twindeserteagle 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 217 217
if its this fu*ked up how they talkin bout they having the knicks/nets game still. but yo this is new york what the......how the.......never in my life would i thought to see the city like this b. sh*t looks fu*ked up!
 10-30-2012, 10:22 PM         #110
TimmyGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 twindeserteagle said:
if its this fu*ked up how they talkin bout they having the knicks/nets game still. but yo this is new york what the......how the.......never in my life would i thought to see the city like this b. sh*t looks fu*ked up!
Makes no sense to me.. I mean, the train stations are ohdee flooded..
Good news for me though.. Cop some tickets on the cheap and go to the game
 5 years ago '04        #111
space
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 165 165
Azz eating whoz da chick in ya avi.???!!??!
 5 years ago '05        #112
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067 OP
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5119 5119
Damn yo think about all the job losses, and people who will be out of work for the time it takes to repair...

Economy is fuked.
 5 years ago '05        #113
space
space
Possibly the worst time to be an attention wh0ore forreal

[video - click to view]

Millions lost their homes, hundred thousands, no more jobs, no more normal life. n*ggas right now are stranded with no electronics, light, phone NOTHING. But she bring out them hard azz fake tiddies man.

cant she do sumtin else. Like let n*ggas grab on her tiddies to swim to safety out in jersey.

Mayor basically like trains are fuked, blah blah... The trains are not banks, it has nothing to do with finance. Thus we do not give a fuk, you walk 10 miles to work/school and LIKE IT. Cuz we aint fixing that shiit for a year.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-30-2012 at 10:57 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #114
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 9 9
Big time over-dramatizing by this azz eating dude...........sh*t aint that crucial

Some reason.....I thought I would care about this alot more than what I do..............but NBA starts tonight, so its basically fu*k everything else, feel me?
 5 years ago '05        #115
space
space
 FlamboyantOne said:
Big time over-dramatizing by this azz eating dude...........sh*t aint that crucial

Some reason.....I thought I would care about this alot more than what I do..............but NBA starts tonight, so its basically fu*k everything else, feel me?
Not one borough has a connecting station that isnt flooded, salt water ruined underground lines, and electricity lines.

To get power up they have to wait/remove allllll the water, THEN dig up block my block, replace the power lines other parts.

THEN once thats fixed...

They have to figure out how to remove 9+ feet over water in some tunnels, then replace and treat the tracks. Because a couple days in salt water ruins the steel and iron. Causes it to corrode... So they might have to replace parts of the tracks, re-secure track rivets. The communication lines will have to be done, shiit man a lot of verizon fios and cable vision nodes are ruined, and will have to be replaced for parts of the city to have tv/internet again.

mean while LES train stations are flooded end to end, even some uptown stations are flooded out. Everything from metrocard machines, to the fuking platforms will require major service.

Trains are the main source of transportation for like 90% of NYC. This is very big deal.

edit
oh and lets not forget before anyone of us can even ride that biitch again, or step foot on the platforms they are going to require that they stations are inspected head to toe. Last thing we want is a cave in from water dmg, or for a track to derail.

ON TOP OF that, the EPA has to go in check each station make sure its sanitary, and there is no sewage, waste, or mountains of rats running around.

My guess trains will be back in 4-8 weeks for most places... Busses will replace many lines. Dont know how it will work.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-30-2012 at 11:19 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #116
kamianisan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,006 | Props total: 547 547

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #117
space
space
Im absolutely terrified to see what NYC is going to be like 1 week with no transportation or power.

There will be looting but i dont think for a while. People are still shaken up, but eventually they will snap and go nuts. A couple days witout a hot shower, and warm meal gonna make n*ggas go nuts. Not to mention no internet, or phone. And as long as the bridges stay closed your trapped on the island.
 5 years ago '05        #118
bigwillieiii 2 heat pts
space
space
$466 | Props total: 199 199
Prayers are with you guys up top....
 5 years ago '08        #119
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
there was a storm on the east coast?

its was in the 90's at venice beach today

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #120
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,390 | Props total: 5652 5652
yo you cant be serious!!!

NJ seriously got destroyed?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
241 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
95 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy