most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What you think of the album?
5/5 21 13.46%
4/5 41 26.28%
3/5 58 37.18%
2/5 25 16.03%
1/5 5 3.21%
0/5 6 3.85%
Voters: 156. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
cracktracks 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 0 0
word,,,meek dropped a good debut album, eventho his buzz was bigger 6 months ago
 10-26-2012, 06:15 PM         #42
shelton285 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that nig meek been fi since a teen man want to c what the album like
 5 years ago '04        #43
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
You can hear he put effort in the album! 4/5
 5 years ago '05        #44
JayMosEnvied 
space
space
$920 | Props total: 0 0
Meek already reached his peek in my opinion. If he would have released the album a few months ago while he had his buzz he would have been doing numbers. I used to listen to him a lot, but after a while I realized he's just average. He showed no growth coming into this album. Always has the same flow and subject matter. Sounds just like any other MMG track. Only song that I really liked was Tony Story Pt. 2. He's a good story teller I give him that. I don't see myself listening to the album again. 3 out of 5 for me
 5 years ago '04        #45
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
Meek Mill won't be around too long. I heard one track from him a while ago and didn't look back..Dude is trash.
 5 years ago '10        #46
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,222 | Props total: 564 564
I am going to give this a 3/5, not trash IMO but not stellar either. I wont compare this to Kendrick's album because I feel that is a bit unfair since GKMC is IMO a well executed concept which gives a more cohesive feel overall. But I know people compare because these 2 kinda came up at the same time and are now releasing their major label debuts. Meek is definitely energetic, but the common complaint about his screaming is warranted. I like his energy but he needs to find a way to control his voice for all the reasons people have already mentioned. I think he could have removed a couple of tracks to make it stronger overall. I would have sequenced it a bit differently to help it tell a bit more of a story, like having "Amen" and " Maybach Curtains" last as the "I made it through the sh*t" songs. "Young and getting it" and "Believe it" should have been left as bonus's or mixtape material, they ruin the flow and tone of the album for me. Everything else ranges from decent to excellent. Standout/fav tracks for me are

Intro
In God We Trust (my new get me hype for work song)
Traumatized
Maybach Curtains
Who your around
Polos and Shell tops

Good album IMO. Nice and aggressive to balance out all the more mellow ish out also, Its not perfect but gives him room to grow in the future.
 10-28-2012, 04:49 AM         #47
muzikpatnaz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dope

woooh
 5 years ago '12        #48
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
More people are d!ckriding Kendrick's album in this thread then actually reviewing Meeks

As for the album 2/5. Meek peaked with the first dream chasers. That's about as good as its going to get for him
 5 years ago '05        #49
danlandskl 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,037 | Props total: 451 451
 knowlege bass said:
I am going to give this a 3/5, not trash IMO but not stellar either. I wont compare this to Kendrick's album because I feel that is a bit unfair since GKMC is IMO a well executed concept which gives a more cohesive feel overall. But I know people compare because these 2 kinda came up at the same time and are now releasing their major label debuts. Meek is definitely energetic, but the common complaint about his screaming is warranted. I like his energy but he needs to find a way to control his voice for all the reasons people have already mentioned. I think he could have removed a couple of tracks to make it stronger overall. I would have sequenced it a bit differently to help it tell a bit more of a story, like having "Amen" and " Maybach Curtains" last as the "I made it through the sh*t" songs. "Young and getting it" and "Believe it" should have been left as bonus's or mixtape material, they ruin the flow and tone of the album for me. Everything else ranges from decent to excellent. Standout/fav tracks for me are

Intro
In God We Trust (my new get me hype for work song)
Traumatized
Maybach Curtains
Who your around
Polos and Shell tops

Good album IMO. Nice and aggressive to balance out all the more mellow ish out also, Its not perfect but gives him room to grow in the future.
This is a good review... I've listened to the album about 3-4 times through and would add Young Kings to the list of good tracks... I thought Mary J.'s hook was kind of weak though on Who your around...

Still, I'd im in between 3-4 so 3.5 for now. We'll see how it plays in a month... hopefully longer replay than DC2.
 5 years ago '06        #50
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
big let down... he just needs to stick to party records
 5 years ago '08        #51
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,975 | Props total: 7399 7399
Traumatized is my sh*t. Best song ive heard from him.
 10-30-2012, 02:46 PM         #52
ballin1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the hate is hilarious to me, this sh*t is flames. meek brought that aggressive content back, if he wasnt mmg n*ggas would be calling this a classic. and n*ggas thinking kdots album was better need to understand this isnt laptop music. get some halfway decent speakers in your car, roll a fat blunt and cruise your local city to this and then you will feel it.
 5 years ago '06        #53
made in the bay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,270 | Props total: 161 161
 ballin1 said:
the hate is hilarious to me, this sh*t is flames. meek brought that aggressive content back, if he wasnt mmg n*ggas would be calling this a classic. and n*ggas thinking kdots album was better need to understand this isnt laptop music. get some halfway decent speakers in your car, roll a fat blunt and cruise your local city to this and then you will feel it.
word...people are hating on this just to hate and defend Kendrick....I love GKMC but people need to review albums for what they are and not compare to other albums...
 5 years ago '04        #54
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,867 | Props total: 2289 2289
no jahlil beats word meek that n*gga type made u hot you couldve got one track man
 10-30-2012, 06:35 PM         #55
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Meek poured his heart out on this album its most def worth the purchase.
 5 years ago '12        #56
West1 
space
space
$315 | Props total: 173 173
Would rather listen to his mixtapes instead of his album because its not tha good.. Three songs are and if u heard it u know which ones....
 5 years ago '06        #57
morrow05 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 189 189
4/5 If GKMC never came out yah wouldn't hate on this cd like the way yah doing now
 5 years ago '05        #58
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
wtf i came in here thinking people would praise this like anything else
(kendrick lamar is so fu*kin horrible) and it's quite the opposite...y'all smokin some

im not that big a fan of Rick Ross, Maybach or any of them dudes, but this album blew me away...
on my rap reviews website, this the first album in 2 years i gave a perfect 10!
not sure what y'all listening to or what you would expect from these type of rappers, but you gotta
give props where due...production is incrdible and Meek goes off on anything...and even Drake
had a great verse!! nuff said there...album of the year for me (if not top 2-3)
 11-03-2012, 11:15 PM         #59
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
album was cool, inspired me which i liked, some songs made me wanna grind real hard and get money
favs:
*Young & Gettin it
*dreams & nightmares
*Traumatized
*Maybach Curtains
*Young Kings
*Burn

after track 8 it got weak but the album really inspired df outta me on those couple songs made me wanna live that life
 5 years ago '09        #60
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
That Intro on "Dreams And Nightmares" is very crucial and the whole L.P. is kool and jammin'!
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
37 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy