Phat ass white girl for real
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
116 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
7631 pageviews
48 comments

SM 38199 heat pts38199
space
space
$128,021 | Props total: 67741 67741
Turk Talks Life After Prison, Rappers Who Held Him Down, and Hot Boys

Long before Young Money came into the picture, The Hot Boys were the biggest draw on Cash Money Records. An obvious counterpunch to the boy band craze which took over the late ’90s, Juvenile, B.G., Lil Wayne and Turk were the solja rag donning, white tee sporting, foul mouth antagonists to every thing mainstream America believed they understood a “boy band” to be. Hit the jump to view the full story.

The Hot Boys – along with everyone a.ssociated with Cash Money – would go on to spawn timeless classics, both solo and group-wise. Like most other set ups in life, however, good fortunes eventually came to an end. For Turk in particular, rough legal troubles matriculated into an eight year prison bid which saw his former label mates all go on to achieve varying levels of success and pitfalls during his absence.

Fast forward nearly a decade, Turk is a free man once more ready to pick up where his career and life left off. The New Orleans Saint chopped it up with me via telephone last night and we discussed a variety of topics ranging from creativity in prison, future music, which MC’s held him down while he was away and even a hilarious story about he and Lil Wayne being stuck on a New York City elevator during the recording process for Guerrilla Warfare. Which, if I may add, helped provide inspiration for one of their better records. --Interview by J. Tinsley
Without further ado, dive in…

JT: I know you’re on this crazy media run right now, so I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Ahh man, anytime. I do it for the people, ya heard me? I’ll stop everything for them.

Just out of respect, I know you did eight years and know you’re trying to put that behind you, so I’m not even going to bring that up.
(laughs) You must’ve been keeping up with me. Everybody always asking me about it. I don’t even wanna talk about that. We on to the next one, ya heard me?

You can’t change anything in the past anyway.
For damn sure. You can’t change that. But it is in the book though, my autobiography (The AutoThugography of Turk). I talk about everything in there, so just go get the book man. You gonna get all the questions answered that you had, ya heard me?

Speaking of the time you did, what has it been like balancing your personal life and getting your feet wet back in the business again?
You know, I’m focused. That’s the advantage of when you doing time. You can multi-task. You can do more than one thing at one time. It’s kinda been easy. It’s kinda been cool. It’s kinda been astonishing. I just appreciate the love, man. You know what I’m talking about? From both sides, man. The family and the industry.

So when you were locked up, was there anybody that kept in touch with you on a consistent basis?
Yeah, man. Definitely. My dog, B.G. Free B.G. He kept it 10x 100. You know we don’t keep it 100 no more, we keep it 1000. Lil Wayne reached out to me. T.I. reached out. Rocko, Waka [Flocka], Trae Tha Truth, Paul Wall. A whole flock of people, man. If I’m forgetting anybody, they know who they was. I appreciate all the love. But for real, I had love from my fans most importantly, you know what I’m saying? They kept me alive while I was gone. And you know my woman she was there, ain’t miss a beat. So it was kinda like I was on a lil’ vacation. It wasn’t hard, but I was missing my son, missing my family and missing doing what I was doing. Other than that, it was all good, ya heard me?

A good woman is a rarity.
Yeah, man. Hell yeah. They rare. That sh-t a diamond in the rough, you know what I’m talking about? It get tough, but we gon’ stick it out. We did it through them bars and through that glass. So sh-t, this ain’t nothing out here. We good.

[pic - click to view]

Turk Talks Life After Prison, Rappers Who Held Him Down, and Hot Boys | Vibe

48 comments for "Turk Talks Life After Prison, Rappers Who Held Him Down, and Hot Boys"

5 years ago '12        #2
GoldRush 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 538 538
good read
 5 years ago '11        #3
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
post the whole sh*t n*gga

edit: nevermind.

JT: Something that kind of hit me the other day when I heard you were getting out was like ‘Damn, B.G. just went in and Turk’s getting out. We haven’t see all of y’all together [The Hot Boys] in over a decade.’ How disheartening was it to realize while you were coming out, B.G. was going in? Not even just to record music, but just to all be in the same room with each other again.

Turk: Man, you know I thought that’s the way it was gonna be. And I still believe that it will cause you know where there’s a will there’s a way. God just does things in mysterious ways. Sometimes, He allow certain things to happen. I still ain’t counting it out for all of us getting back together. At least for one show, you know? If we could do one show, you know what I’m saying? The fans deserve that. We owe that to them because we impacted a whole lot of people’s lives during that time, this time and the people that you hear right now. I bet you nine times outta 10 they’ll say that they was a Hot Boys fan and we inspired them.

It’s like the people that came before us, like N.W.A. They inspired us. All the people that was before us, Scarface, the Geto Boys, the people like that there. The people who I pay homage to. Just to be able to see all of us together, I know it would be love. You know what I’m talking about?

JT: I know you said you’ve got the book coming out, some new music coming out. One thing I wanted to ask was this. Tupac once said in an interview from prison being locked up k!lled his creativity. He wrote a screenplay, but hardly wrote any songs. It seems as if creativity wasn’t a problem for you. Did you ever find yourself struggling with the creative process?

Turk: Yeah, you know that’s why I was able to do other things like do the book. When I couldn’t write no music, ok, I got a life story. Everything still coincide with each other, you know what I’m saying? So it was just like ‘I’m just gonna work on this project.’ When I couldn’t do the book, I was working on a screenplay (“Reckless”). When I couldn’t do the screenplay, I was designing my t-shirt line. When I wasn’t designing my t-shirts, I was back to the music. When I was working on my music, it was back to my case. So you know, I was always doing something that was pertaining to my life.

That’s what made it better. That’s what made it cool. That’s what just made it good for me to get it in with no hesitation or no problems because I was always switching it up. I was also paying attention to what was going on outside with the mp3 players we had, the e-mail, being able to get visits every week. My fiancé came out every week breaking them doors down. I just stayed busy. My girl, she rap, too. So I get inspired by her.

While I was gone, she had her movement. The “Made Woman” sh*t. She been messing with people I was in the game with, doing stuff with the producers. I always stayed with my ear to the street of what was going on. It wasn’t that hard for me.

JT: What advice did you give her on the ins-and-outs of the music business?

Turk: I just tell her to keep it business, never personal. Don’t make no decisions based off your emotions because you know a female can get emotional. It’s a hard business. You just gotta keep on top of your business or you’ll get lost in it because I got lost in it by wearing my emotions on my shoulders. I just learned how to keep it business. Keep the T’s crossed and the I’s dotted, ya heard me?

JT: You’re working on new music, but you also have some new artists you’re working with as well. What’s the insight on them?

Turk: My artist that I have is Emani. She represent for them made women. The women that get it on they own. They really don’t need no man, but it’s always good to have that love. They show that love side, but they’re go-getters, too. They go get it. They made. And that’s what she represents. And me as an artist and CEO, we just making money. Loyalty before royalty. That’s the movement.
 5 years ago '11        #4
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
JT: You were apart of some huge records, whether it be with The Hot Boys or on your own. That music was commercially successful, but it had a specific sound to it. In 2012, that sound has changed a little bit. Do you think that formula is still successful or even possible given today’s climate?

Turk: I think the only that changed is the music. If you got some truth that’s in your lyrics, it’s no certain way how you’re supposed to deliver it. You just gotta deliver in a way to make a person feel it. The way a person feels your lyrics is to just keep it all the way 1000. That’s my plan and what I see myself doing. I’m not a trapper. I’m a headbussa.

I ain’t gonna get on all these tracks and be trapping because that ain’t what I do. I’m gonna bring my flavor to the table and I’m going to feature with your favorite rapper and we gonna make something new. You gon’ have to love it.

JT: New Orleans has always been one of the most storied musical capitals in the world. And it’s one of the most historic cities in on the map as far as Hip-Hop is concerned. It’s also a city which has had its fair share of bumps in the road like Cash Money’s breakup, Soulja Slim’s passing and even Boosie’s incarceration (even though he’s from Baton Rouge). How much bigger do you think Louisiana Hip-Hop could’ve been had it not been for those bumps in the road?

Turk: It’s still room for New Orleans and Louisiana as a whole to do their thing. It’s all about that unity though. One unit. One goal. One team. That’s how we win. We’ve got to come together because you can’t do it on your own. That’s something that I learned just being incarcerated. Even being incarcerated, in order to get anything done, say you want get some kind of law changed. You can’t write no grievance or you can’t write no cop-out by yourself. It’s gonna take more than one person to get that change done.

So in order for anything to grow, it’s gonna take more than just me. It’s gonna take more than just Baby. It’s gonna take everybody to get on one accord and move as one unit and more towards one goal. And that’s to get this money, stay focused and don’t hate on each other. Lift a n*gga up and don’t look down on him unless you picking him up.

JT: What do you see the future being with the members of Cash Money when you were there? Like Baby, Wayne, and Slim. And do you still keep in touch with Mannie Fresh?

Turk: Yeah, man. Mannie just called me like 20 minutes ago. I just got of the phone with him and we about to get in the studio together. He on the road right now doing some shows. I talked to Baby yesterday. He called me and we chopped it up for awhile. I haven’t talked to Slim since I been home. I haven’t talked to Lil Wayne yet. I believe they overseas or something like that, but I ain’t been home nothing but 11 days.

It’s all about getting everybody back together whether we do a song or show. Like I said man, it’s for the fans. They need that and they need to see that. And we need to hold it down for B.G. I support that all the way 10x 100. If it happen, it happen. I’m all for it. As of now, I know it ain’t no bad blood between me with nobody. It ain’t nothing but love. I got Baby’s name tatted on my chest. The stuff that people be hearing, we was all younger and things be happening. But now we grown up and I’m Young N’ Thuggin. But I’m grown up, so I’m Mr. now. We gonna sit at the round table and we gonna get it in. It’s thuggin’ with me, ya heard me?
 5 years ago '11        #5
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
JT: The next couple of questions come from a sheer fan standpoint. Unless it’s hit the Internet and I had no clue about it, Untamed Guerrilla. That never came out, correct?

Turk: Nahh, man. You know when you incarcerated people have your masters and things. They drop stuff and you don’t know where it come from. It was kinda like that. A lot of music was being dropped from me that was old when I was recording with Kenoe. Me and Kenoe did a few things back then. Other than that though, I’m on my grown man. I’m on some other sh*t now. When they hear the new Turk, they’ll know I ain’t just go do no time. I went and got mine, ya heard me?

JT: Speaking of new music, the new tape is called Blame It On The System, right?

Turk: Blame It On The System. Me and Drumma Boy, ya heard me? I don’t call it a mixtape no more though. I call it a duct tape cause we kidnapping the game.

JT: I’m not sure how many songs you’ve go recorded for that, but is there one song in particular you’re excited for everyone to hear?

Turk: Man, hell yeah. Right now, I got this song called “Zip It.” It’s gonna be a street banger and club anthem. Commercial crossover. It’s gonna be so big, but it’s something so real and something that needs to be told. I ain’t telling them to “stop snitching.” I’m telling them to “zip it.”

(raps) “Y’all n*ggas better zip it/Better zip yo’ mouth/Show you what this street sh*t bout/Say you wanna talk/Better say goodbye to ya house/murder everything running out/Y’all n*ggas better zip it…”

I’m just letting y’all n*ggas know, man.

JT: One last question, and feel free to talk as long as you want. Do you have any little known stories from the recording days of, say, Guerrilla Warfare when you and B.G. and all those guys were running together?

Turk: Yeah, hell yeah. I got a funny story. We was recording Guerrilla Warfare I believe in New York and we was stuck on an elevator. Me, Lil Wayne and B.G., we was the children of the group. Me and Wayne was always playing games and sh*t. This particular time we was all on the elevator. We were used to somebody playing games, but this time the elevator ended up getting stuck. So we thinking one of us playing games and playing pranks, but the elevator was stuck for real!

So we on that mothafu*ka and we started yelling, “HELLLPPPPPPP!! SOMEBODY HELLLLPPPP!!” And man that’s where that “Help” song came from that B.G. did.

(raps) “Somebody hellllpppp/Them Hot Boys, they on fire/Somebody hellllpppp”

That song was about us being stuck on the elevator, ya heard me? For real (laughs). We was stuck on the elevator, but see we was hollering help for real. We was scared! So you know once we got free from being stuck, we was like that’s the song, man! We was in the studio talking and said that needed to be a song and sh*t. That’s how we was able to come up with a whole lot of songs. We was just around there playing.

Like “Where she get that a.ss from? She get it from her mama!” We was on that Cash Money/Ruff Ryders tour and a female walk in and n*ggas would be like, “Where she get that a.ss from?” And they be like, “She get it from her mama.” And we be like, “That’s a song!” That’s just the chemistry we had at Cash Money. We just fed off each other.

It was just that love. And that’s how I plan on branding my label. I’m looking for artists to be apart of this YNT (Young N’ Thuggin’) thing. It’s gonna be like the Wu-Tang, just young n*ggas taking over. So far I’ve got two artists right now, but I can’t speak on it because of the paperwork isn’t finished. But man they real hard and we gonna put it down and make it pop. We just gonna bring it around the world. This Young N’ Thuggin, all or nothing. 10x 100, ya heard me?

Y’all can get at me on Twitter, @TurkMrYNT. Y’all can get me on Instagram at Turk_Emani. Y’all already know what it is man. Let’s make it happen.

Last edited by keejee; 10-24-2012 at 02:48 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #6
GoldRush 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 538 538
 keejee said:
JT: One last question, and feel free to talk as long as you want. Do you have any little known stories from the recording days of, say, Guerrilla Warfare when you and B.G. and all those guys were running together?

Turk: Yeah, hell yeah. I got a funny story. We was recording Guerrilla Warfare I believe in New York and we was stuck on an elevator. Me, Lil Wayne and B.G., we was the children of the group. Me and Wayne was always playing games and sh*t. This particular time we was all on the elevator. We were used to somebody playing games, but this time the elevator ended up getting stuck. So we thinking one of us playing games and playing pranks, but the elevator was stuck for real!

So we on that mothafu*ka and we started yelling, “HELLLPPPPPPP!! SOMEBODY HELLLLPPPP!!” And man that’s where that “Help” song came from that B.G. did.

(raps) “Somebody hellllpppp/Them Hot Boys, they on fire/Somebody hellllpppp”

That song was about us being stuck on the elevator, ya heard me? For real (laughs). We was stuck on the elevator, but see we was hollering help for real. We was scared! So you know once we got free from being stuck, we was like that’s the song, man! We was in the studio talking and said that needed to be a song and sh*t. That’s how we was able to come up with a whole lot of songs. We was just around there playing.

.lmao
 5 years ago '05        #7
STILLH.A.C.K. 
space
space
$3,237 | Props total: 2 2
 5 years ago '05        #8
Llama Do 
space
space
space
$1,167 | Props total: 17 17
 2ChainzChain said:
Such big dreams, none of which will come true
Its depressing really

sad but true. i dunno though, he might manage to get the streets the way BG did. regardless, its good to have him free, and i look forward to hearing his music
 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM         #9
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think turk knows what the fu*k he's doing

he's had 8 years of no alcohol no drugs and clear thinking and plenty of time to ponder and contemplate things, usually if they come off a long bid spittin real sh*t like this they know what the fu*k they are talking about

you dont just get out of jail and bullsh*t you get out of jail and go in on n*ggas
 5 years ago '09        #10
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
Its funny n*ggas been saying man when turk get out this and that, but turk was a sub par rapper at the peak of his career now this n*gga 30...........

onl
 5 years ago '11        #11
AgentAddison 149 heat pts149
space
space
$2,172 | Props total: 2453 2453
first song out gon be so raw
 5 years ago '04        #12
albemarle 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,143 | Props total: 447 447
Glad to see the young stunna finally home, I just hope and pray he remains sober
 5 years ago '05        #13
FEDEXKINKO 
space
space
space
$488 | Props total: 3 3
 YI-Drizzy said:
i think turk knows what the fu*k he's doing

he's had 8 years of no alcohol no drugs and clear thinking and plenty of time to ponder and contemplate things, usually if they come off a long bid spittin real sh*t like this they know what the fu*k they are talking about

you dont just get out of jail and bullsh*t you get out of jail and go in on n*ggas
8 Years of mechanical royalties getting stupid in some account somewhere....
 5 years ago '08        #14
TigerUppercut 
space
space
$2,419 | Props total: 27 27
Dope a.ss read. Elevator story had me rolling.
 5 years ago '08        #15
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,012 | Props total: 19911 19911
my n*gga turk!!!!

[video - click to view]

Hopefully Baby and them n*ggas do right by him tho.
 5 years ago '04        #16
bigjoshi2002 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,047 | Props total: 87 87
 2ChainzChain said:
Such big dreams, none of which will come true
Its depressing really
LMAO you stupid! I couldn't help but laugh but it's not really funny.

The interview was ok but I want to hear some tracks and see more footage of him in the game. Just put Mystikal in BG place and form a new group with Wayne and Juvie. Oh and give Mannie Fresh a few millions to get him back and see what happens.
 5 years ago '04        #17
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 1040 1040
Wish nothing but the best for him cuz i used to bump they cd type hard back in hs... Got me thru some sh*t forreal

But ayo YNT gon be the new wu? And u got like 2-3 n*ggaz atm? Word son?!

Has there ever been a n*gga coming home after a long bid and then have a successful career? Most of them cant even be a minimum performing human being with anything to contribute to society let alone his fam. The system dissect n*ggaz and put them together into something awful...
 10-24-2012, 08:02 PM         #18
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a lot of they songs they came up with was them bullshiitin around
and them hoes still end up jamming, thats how cold them boys was
 5 years ago '04        #19
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
that guerilla warfare is my fav album from back then...

help was hilarious too
 5 years ago '04        #20
Lil Biz 75 heat pts75
space
space
$4,095 | Props total: 922 922
fu*k dey need to get BG spit to thru the phone...and go on tour and have a BG hologram..fu*k it! HOT BOY$
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago