Apple screws you over again: Can't upgrade RAM in new 21. 5 inch iMacs

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,093 | Props total: 10785 10785
 Deuterion said:
I don't need to be coddled...I was talking all that sh*t but forgot that I upgraded the RAM in my Mac because it got slow as fu*k with Lion. So yeah I agree with you guys...I'm a power user too and run photoshop, fireworks, dreamweaver, a win 7 vm (for IE), and more every day and when I upgrade from SL to Lion performance decreased significantly. Everything is working fine right now but that's cuz I upgraded...my bad for even talking sh*t. But yeah the new iMac is bad a.ss and if replacing the RAM is a k!ller feature then don't buy it.

this guy
 5 years ago '06        #42
primetimemookie 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 98 98
 Andrefrbk said:
If you cant upgrade it its not worth it.

if this is a concern then buy something else.

things people shud know by now. Technology advances very fast, and if you dont have money you need to buy something that you can upgrade to stay in the game.

everybody already knows that technology advances very fast, avg. user isnt concerned about "staying in the game" because they don't use their computers to ram heavy work.

Right now 8gig might be fine... But 2 years from now probably not.

Again, the avg. user isn't doing ram heavy sh*t. 8gb Ram is good today, tomorrow, and 4-5 years from now if all your doing is facebooking, on boxden, watching netflix, hd movies, using widgets, and downloading music. If you are a designer or something where your using fcp x like they have in the picture (god forbid), or you edit raw pics in photoshop, or do effects in AE or create in 3ds Max, etc...then yea 8gb of RAM isnt sh*t...so your options are either buy the bigger one so you can upgrade, but that one with more memory in it, or just dont buy that mac. but we all know why people who use those powerful programs use macs and have been for years right? because the OS is and has been more stable than windows. #FACT

Its almost unrealistic to think having an expensive piece of hardware you cant scale up... its pretty bad. Style should never ever come before function and usability.

people buy it for style and usability, both of which are some of the best qualities of apple computers. in fact the style of the original imac propelled apple to where they are today, so obviously people care about aesthetics.

If you have paper like that to drop another 1800 or 2000 to get 4 more gigs and the new model. Go for it.

For the avg tech savy American on a budget, passssss.

-avid windows geek and mac user
 5 years ago '05        #43
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
 primetimemookie said:
-avid windows geek and mac user

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #44
Audi20FSI 
space
space
$841 | Props total: 0 0
It's retarded easy to open these things up and service them without breaking anything. For those that think it's a mission, straight up don't be a cheapskate and pay for a professional to do it.
 5 years ago '04        #45
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,758 | Props total: 28460 28460
 Andrefrbk said:
Im dead at the fact that they removed the ability to upgrade it... No SSD, No ram access. The screen and the internals(motherboard) Is welded SHUT. Its virtually impossible for the avg tech to repair, so basically you cannot do repairs yourself.
No bluray...
Tiny screen...
Expensive considering the lack of functionality, and its main purpose of being a desktop home PC. Its not a Laptop, it doesnt need to be 40% lighter thinner what ever. Its a fuking desktop that sits on your desk. SO chopping a couple mm of the top and bottom is not innovative.

Oh yeah the good part... They made it 40% smaller, but the middle.... yeeeeaaah thats the same. SO they basically made it like this
>

It literally looks like the greater/equal symbol. They only made the top buttom and sides slimmer, the back is still bulky. SO they removed all the functionality a desktop should simply have, especially or 1300 bucks... + apple care.

And for dudes who dont believe they are truly getting robbed by the jews over at apple co.
The NEW NEW iMac.

[pic - click to view]

(Look at the bulge, notice the sides are now thinner more sharp >)

Current iMac.
(same bulge as the new iMac... But the current is more functional, upgradeable, cheaper. But the surrounding area isnt sharp, so thats whack.)

[pic - click to view]

So they basically STILL have the bulge, but they justified all the functionality they removed... So the perimeter was made sharper to give the illusion of being significantly thinner.. Yup sounds like a good idea to me. And charging a high price for less. YUP. GOOD STUFF. How dumb can consumers get... If you cop this you are truly a fool. Man do i want to have more tech, or sharper area. Man i cant choose. smh. 100 more than the current model also. NICE.

The best part is, if you want to be able to upgrade the new iMac you have to drop 2k JUST for a 27 inch screen, and the ability to have a desktop that wont be worthless in a two years. RESOLUTIONARY.
Exactly, Apple's marketing team is very good at tricking people. Its the same imac with less value. It looks super thin FROM AN ANGLE. When in reality they folded the corners and pushed it in a little bit. All of a sudden...NEW.
 5 years ago '05        #46
space
space
 mr_underground said:
Exactly, Apple's marketing team is very good at tricking people. Its the same imac with less value. It looks super thin FROM AN ANGLE. When in reality they folded the corners and pushed it in a little bit. All of a sudden...NEW.
werd, how limiting a desktop and making the area around the screen sharper ground breaking...

If you line up the old imac, and the new, the middle of the back portion IS THE FUKING SAME. So you spending 100 cash MORE, FOR LESS... SO when you sit at your desk you can say, man these corners look sharp as fuk, OS XI laggy as fuk, but atleast my edges are sharp and good looking. Plus my desktop is lighter than those windows n*ggas.

Funny thing is i was telling my mom we should get a iMac for our 2nd computer. But obviously the new one is not going to be on our list of possibilities. Im not supporting the cult consumer products. If we let apple think limiting innovation for the sake of making more money is okay, then you simply wont see better products from apple in the future. Why make leading technology worth the money being spent...
Look at the dimensions... disgusting.

[pic - click to view]

And i agree, apple marketing is fuking genius! Its not easy for a company to offer so much less, and charge more. And people defend it, even ignoring better products because they are devoted to keeping their status as an Apple consumer.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-25-2012 at 09:40 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #47
Jim Gunther 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$197 | Props total: 0 0
 mr_underground said:
It is slimmer and less bulky, and the weight is reduced. Apple isnt tricking anyone...why is it so hard for you to grasp that consumers have different needs and the majority aren't techies.
 5 years ago '05        #48
space
space
 Jim Gunther said:
It is slimmer and less bulky, and the weight is reduced. Apple isnt tricking anyone...why is it so hard for you to grasp that consumers have different needs and the majority aren't techies.
So you are saying having a new imac, thats more expensive for much less tech, and marketing it as "slimmer, lighter" when the dimension are not drastically different... IS OKAY, because the people buying it are not tech savy enough to know they are being taken for a ride? Taking advantage of a group of consumers who dont know anything is good for technology. fu*k innovation.

Got it...
 5 years ago '11        #49
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209 OP
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
Also they took out the optical drive, so it's pure cloud based for media content
 5 years ago '05        #50
space
space
 urbangatsby said:
Also they took out the optical drive, so it's pure cloud based for media content
They also took away the option to add an SSD, or larger drive.
Replaced the faster 500gb 7500rpm drive with a slower 1TB 5400rpm drive...

I mean really 5400rpm hard drives in 2012? That shiit is mind boggling, 5400 rpm hd vs SSD is like a smart car vs a lambo.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #51
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 mrfreak76 said:
That's why you can order it with 32GB of RAM preinstalled.
yeah but youre paying a premium on Apple RAM when you can get it cheaper else where. I bet people are going to buy up the rest of the 2011 iMacs because this new one is just okay. Dont know why it needs to be super thinner when it's a desktop that isnt going to travel anywhere.
 5 years ago '06        #52
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,868 | Props total: 262 262
As an avid apple user, I must say that I am very disappointed to hear this from Apple. Putting limits on what a user can do with their computer is lame.
Apple is putting these restrictions on the consumer and people are co-signing this?

I've had my Macbook since 2006. Instead of buying a new computer every 3 or 4 years, I've been able to upgrade my ram and swap out the HD for a SSD. This has helped my Macbook greatly as it runs faster and can hold more space. I don't have the money to get a new computer every 4 years or so.
 5 years ago '04        #53
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1298 1298
whats the release date on the new imacs?
 5 years ago '05        #54
Dylx 
space
space
$361 | Props total: 4 4
 urbangatsby said:
.....Or if you're smart, you would just get a external bluray drive....Besides burning cd's for your ancient a.ss car whats the use of a cd drive? I took the DVD drive out of my macbook pro months ago.
 5 years ago '05        #55
space
space
Spending $200 for 8 gigs of slow un overclockable ram....

While my desktop
[pic - click to view]

2 x 8gb sticks = 60 bucks FOR STUPID FAST RAM, and i copped my 16gb for 50 on sale. Gave my old ram which was the exact same but 2 x 4gb sticks to my cousin because its that cheap.

I see why they want to remove the option for users to upgrade, and cop from 3rd party...
If you can control the products, you can charge 400 bucks for 16gb, plus another 50 for labor required to solder. Mean while pc users are able to pop the case off throw in a stick or two in 5 mins.

$60 vs $400 man apple def has a good deal going... Ill take the $400 upgrade, and $350 apple care, along with my crappy slimmer $1300 pc. "investment of $2050 to apple, see you again in 12 months for the new model to drop another 2k when OS XI drops."

Edit.
LOL at people saying they dont want a Bluray player on THEIR DESKTOP PC. Cuz watching a blu ray movie while sitting at your desk at home is impracticable and not a functional thing to do. SMH at not realizing that apple had know how to engineer a drive for the new body, but didnt because they know people will not object.

I mean it would be a incredible task to ask apple to find a way to include this Samsung disc drive into their case.
[pic - click to view]

They could have, probably shud have. But who cares n*ggas coppin anyway.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-25-2012 at 11:21 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #56
Dylx 
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
So you are saying having a new imac, thats more expensive for much less tech, and marketing it as "slimmer, lighter" when the dimension are not drastically different... IS OKAY, because the people buying it are not tech savy enough to know they are being taken for a ride? Taking advantage of a group of consumers who dont know anything is good for technology. fu*k innovation.

Got it...
HUH? less tech? besides the DVD drive (that no one uses) how is it less tech? It matches up to PC specs as well, If you're looking for SLI graphics and 10 SSD's in raid config, you're looking at the wrong machine buddy.
 5 years ago '05        #57
Dylx 
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
Spending $200 for 8 gigs of slow un overclockable ram....

While my desktop
[pic - click to view]

2 x 8gb sticks = 60 bucks FOR STUPID FAST RAM, and i copped my 16gb for 50 on sale. Gave my old ram which was the exact same but 2 x 4gb sticks to my cousin because its that cheap.

I see why they want to remove the option for users to upgrade, and cop from 3rd party...
If you can control the products, you can charge 400 bucks for 16gb, plus another 50 for labor required to solder. Mean while pc users are able to pop the case off throw in a stick or two in 5 mins.

$60 vs $400 man apple def has a good deal going... Ill take the $400 upgrade, and $350 apple care, along with my crappy slimmer $1300 "investment of $2050 to apple, see you again in 12 months for the new model to drop another 2k when OS XI drops."
Disregard my last couple of messages.....I clearly see you in a niche market. Def not a normal/mainstream consumer, you arent what apple targets.
 5 years ago '05        #58
space
space
 Dylx said:
Disregard my last couple of messages.....I clearly see you in a niche market. Def not a normal/mainstream consumer, you arent what apple targets.
Considering the price point of apple products id call it the definition of a niche product.

The avg mainstream windows compatible laptop which is what the avg/normal/main stream has. Compared to the latest macbook pro is generally 500-800 dollars more on average. Generally these windows laptops have far better specs...

But consumers cop Mac's for the restricted OS, the look, and brand's symbolism.
If thats not niche then i dont know what is.

Lol at implement bluray player thats less than 2mm i

Defintion:
niche
an ornamental recess in a wall or the like, usually semicircular in plan and arched, as for a statue or other decorative object.

a distinct segment of a market.
You might want to look up the word niche my dude... Because taking good functionality away from a machine for more profit is far from mainstream/normal. The avg mac user in this thread admitted they cop underpowered machines from apple because of the look/style. Thats niche market.

SMH at not being able to implement one of the 5+ existing bluray drives thinner than 2mm. Like fitting this into that bubble back would have been impossible.
[pic - click to view]

Avg desktop users would never want the ability to watch a bluray on their desktop. Because they know how to download full Bluray DVD's from usenet, and spend hours encoding them.

Damn niccas really dont see apple is k!lling innovation by lowering the bar.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-25-2012 at 11:42 AM..
 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM         #59
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mrfreak76 said:
That's why you can order it with 32GB of RAM preinstalled.
everyone knows ur an Apple stan/sheep
 5 years ago '11        #60
Jim Gunther 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$197 | Props total: 0 0
 Andrefrbk said:

Got it...
Much less tech than what? It is eight pounds lighter and 40% less volume. Might not matter to u but many people consider appearance and space saving in their appliance purchases.

No one is being taken for a ride...everyone can read a spec sheet. Apple is just satisfying the market that places a premium on eye catching designs. The budget minded should look elsewhere...other options still exist ya know, why you mad.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy