most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
393 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209 OP
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
People are really justifying this? So when you buy an computer or phone you can't do sh*t that you want...if I want to change out the hard drive and ram, it's oh well too bad...if I want to switch out batteries on iPhones, it's oh well, can't do that....people really are ok with this sh*t

Galaxy nexus doesn't have SD cards and n*ggas were revolting but apple constantly fu*k over the user and n*ggas sit and take it like a bi*ch doing anal on the casting couch
 5 years ago '11        #22
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,374 | Props total: 4260 4260
 urbangatsby said:
People are really justifying this? So when you buy an computer or phone you can't do sh*t that you want...if I want to change out the hard drive and ram, it's oh well too bad...if I want to switch out batteries on iPhones, it's oh well, can't do that....people really are ok with this sh*t

Galaxy nexus doesn't have SD cards and n*ggas were revolting but apple constantly fu*k over the user and n*ggas sit and take it like a bi*ch doing anal on the casting couch
No one is saying that you can't do what you want to it, it's just that's more complicated to do it due to it's more complex design. This is common in cars too for instance:

This is a Lexus Engine Bay:

[pic - click to view]

You're not fixing this by yourself.

This is a Camry Engine Bay:

[pic - click to view]

This one you can.

Last edited by Deuterion; 10-24-2012 at 10:53 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #23
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5120 5120
If you cant upgrade it its not worth it.

things people shud know by now. Technology advances very fast, and if you dont have money you need to buy something that you can upgrade to stay in the game.

Right now 8gig might be fine... But 2 years from now probably not.

Its almost unrealistic to think having an expensive piece of hardware you cant scale up... its pretty bad. Style should never ever come before function and usability.

If you have paper like that to drop another 1800 or 2000 to get 4 more gigs and the new model. Go for it.

For the avg tech savy American on a budget, passssss.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-24-2012 at 10:56 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #24
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
If you cant upgrade it its not worth it.

things people shud know by now. Technology advances very fast, and if you dont have money you need to buy something that you can upgrade to stay in the game.

Right now 8gig might be fine... But 2 years from now probably not.

Its unrealistic to think having an expensive piece of hardware you scale up is pretty bad. Style should never ever come before function and usability.

If you have paper like that to drop another 1800 or 2000 to get 4 more gigs. Go for it.

For the avg tech savy American on a budget, passssss.
You must never have owned a Mac because what you've stated above is only true in regards to Windows Based PCs.
 5 years ago '05        #25
space
space
 Deuterion said:
You must never have owned a Mac because what you've stated above is only true in regards to Windows Based PCs.
For the past 3 months ive been using mountain lion 90% of the time...

Ive been using mac os since 1992, and ive been a mac book pro owner since 2007. 3 upgrades since then.

Since you are trying to some how flame me, if you didnt notice from 10.6 to 10.8. You go from a min of 2GB to 4GB... And even then 4gb is not enough if you are running more than 3 progs, AND using the CPU to lets say download files etc.

In just 3 mac book cycles we from 1gb, 2gb/4gb, NOW 6gb is the must have for power users.

So basically in just 4 years the min required for power users is 6x!!!
Now imagine next year when they do another OS refresh, adding even more fancy animations, and app's continue to get more bloated. I swear apps now want to do like a million fuking tasks for simple shiit. TY 64bit architecture, got these devs going crazy wit the ram usage

Bottom line is, copping a PC today with 6gb and not being able to upgrade it... You must be planning on buying another mac next year. in 3 years your shiit is going to be on the curb.

Ram is by far the most important piece of hardware for productivity. And the min requirements for Ram space is probably going to grow exponentially as software continues to bloat.

This you?

[pic - click to view]

Made a chart for stupid people like you to understand how rapidly technology advances, and why upgrading is cost effective for consumers.

Here is the macbook pro 15 for an example.

[pic - click to view]

Notice that after Lion ram min went from 4gb to 8gb(current). Now notice, in a short period of time we had ram DOUBLE after mountain lion. Not to mention OS XI is currently in development, and you can expect it to be far more memory hungry. More animations, more processes running, bigger more bloated apps. etc.

If you cannot see why being to upgrade Ram is vital for desktops you dont know shiit. Apple is fuking niccas in the azz, especially for the prices being paid.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-24-2012 at 11:25 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #26
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:

[pic - click to view]

Homie stop posting your homoerotic Apple fetish pr0n. 8 gigs will last you more than 5 years even if you're a power user.
 5 years ago '11        #27
space
space
 Deuterion said:
No one is saying that you can't do what you want to it, it's just that's more complicated to do it due to it's more complex design. This is common in cars too for instance:

This is a Lexus Engine Bay:

[pic - click to view]

You're not fixing this by yourself.

This is a Camry Engine Bay:

[pic - click to view]

This one you can.
Goddamn you're a moron....Lexus is made by Toyota and that plastic can be easily taken off with screws you fu*king dumbass....the iMac has solder RAM to the logic board, you can't remove it you idiotic stupid phaggot...so your comparison of something that is easily popped off with a couple screws to something that is hard mounted to the logic board....I had to say it twice so you can read it again and process it....dumbass

And for the record, I have 32 gigs of RAM on my desktop and want to go up to 64 gigs...I run a real beast

Last edited by UrbanGAAWD; 10-24-2012 at 11:38 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #28
space
space
 Deuterion said:
Homie stop posting your homoerotic Apple fetish pr0n. 8 gigs will last you more than 5 years even if you're a power user.
Smh power users will run multiple apps at once, and will utilize spaces...

Spaces can eat through memory quickly. 8gigs will be the recommended when OS XI comes out if that, you cant be serious my n*gga.

Go back to my post, look at the fact that ram min DOUBLED. It fuking multiplied by 2 times the amount. And thats just after a refresh of OS X, adding new spaces which is more hungry for ram, along with other animations and shiit.

Bottom line is at this rate of growth, 16gig would be more realistic for power users. Again i stress power usage. If you are looking at f*ggits, and playing farmsville you dont need the ram. But if you are being productive, then you already kno.
 5 years ago '11        #29
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
 urbangatsby said:
Goddamn you're a moron....Lexus is made by Toyota and that plastic can be easily taken off with screws you fu*king dumbass....the iMac has solder RAM to the logic board, you can't remove it you idiotic stupid phaggot...so your comparison of something that is easily popped off with a couple screws to something that is hard mounted to the logic board....I had to say it twice so you can read it again and process it....dumbass

And for the record, I have 32 gigs of RAM on my desktop and want to go up to 64 gigs...I run a real beast
You're such a thug bro...I like how you called me a phaggot and a fu*king dumbass...you're so damn tough. I wish I was as tough as you...my mom says I am but I don't believe her.
 5 years ago '11        #30
space
space
 Deuterion said:
You're such a thug bro...I like how you called me a phaggot and a fu*king dumbass...you're so damn tough. I wish I was as tough as you...my mom says I am but I don't believe her.
Notice how you didn't actually respond to the content of my qoute, you just went on a tangent about I'm a thug....why? Because I pointed out your overwhelming stupidity? Sorry I didn't coddle like a Apple fan, you're a dumbass period point ___
 5 years ago '11        #31
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
Smh power users will run multiple apps at once, and will utilize spaces...

Spaces can eat through memory quickly. 8gigs will be the recommended when OS XI comes out if that, you cant be serious my n*gga.

Go back to my post, look at the fact that ram min DOUBLED. It fuking multiplied by 2 times the amount. And thats just after a refresh of OS X, adding new spaces which is more hungry for ram, along with other animations and shiit.

Bottom line is at this rate of growth, 16gig would be more realistic for power users. Again i stress power usage. If you are looking at f*ggits, and playing farmsville you dont need the ram. But if you are being productive, then you already kno.
 urbangatsby said:
Notice how you didn't actually respond to the content of my qoute, you just went on a tangent about I'm a thug....why? Because I pointed out your overwhelming stupidity? Sorry I didn't coddle like a Apple fan, you're a dumbass period point ___
I don't need to be coddled...I was talking all that sh*t but forgot that I upgraded the RAM in my Mac because it got slow as fu*k with Lion. So yeah I agree with you guys...I'm a power user too and run photoshop, fireworks, dreamweaver, a win 7 vm (for IE), and more every day and when I upgrade from SL to Lion performance decreased significantly. Everything is working fine right now but that's cuz I upgraded...my bad for even talking sh*t. But yeah the new iMac is bad a.ss and if replacing the RAM is a k!ller feature then don't buy it.

5 years ago '04        #32
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
What a joke. It's one thing to ruin the iPhone/iPad side, but now they're f-cking with the very foundation of Apple: the Mac.

I don't even know why I'm surprised since the new Macbooks were released a few months back and have this same problem.

I've been using a Macbook Pro since 2007 and I love everything about it; it's the one reason why I tolerate Apple's f-ckery as of late. I need the best possible performing MBP when I upgrade to a new one, but now Apple is forcing my hand to pay a LOT more as opposed to buying a stock computer and upgrading it myself.

Typical BS from Apple lately, I hope someone figures out an alternative cause I don't want to pay $800 for 32GB of RAM when I can pay $300 and install it myself.
 5 years ago '05        #33
space
space
The new MBP have the Ram soldered to the motherboard.

[pic - click to view]

Why on fuking earth would you do that...
As a system builder, and PC enthusiast. This is the very opposite of innovation.
So.... Time out.... Im reading if your ram is bad you have to take it in get a new set, and they have to solder? OMG THIS IS FUKING TERRIBLE, it makes absolutely no fuking sense, im at the failure of this company now. So this is how they plan to get rid of third party vendors? As if enthusiast, dont look towards third party for the fastest hardware. SMH. Because apple is going to have a wide variety of memory, and hard drives choose from... I mean this is great, having memory read/write errors, no no... Dont go to newegg or a local store and pick up some ram and install it in 5 mins. TAKE IT TO APPLE SO YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR COMPUTER THERE FOR HOURS OR DAYS TO GET RESOLDERED.

We live in a world where EVERYTHING is now moving towards plug and play, hot swap, upgrade.

FOR FUKING SAKES i can connect a SSD to my PC case without having to go inside my comp and install it, connect the sata cable. You know why they did that? FUNCTIONALITY.

I dont understand what is going on over at apple, is this a money grab? Have the developers/designers there just lost it? I was planning on purchasing a 15inch MBP and giving my i7 2011 to my mom... But now... HELL FUKING NO. My old and current macbook is far more functional, and future proof. in 2 years i cud make this laptop have more ram than the fuking macbooks that aint even drop yet. How can apple not see something wrong wit that.

All their products are backwards, filled with money grabs. It was never like this.... But as of late its very obvious. You are paying a premium for less. I was able to justify my MB purchase's in the past. But it would be hard to buy the new ones, and not feel like i just got azz fuked by mandingo the pr0nstar.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-25-2012 at 02:30 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #34
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 RYLNYC said:
What a joke. It's one thing to ruin the iPhone/iPad side, but now they're f-cking with the very foundation of Apple: the Mac.

I don't even know why I'm surprised since the new Macbooks were released a few months back and have this same problem.

I've been using a Macbook Pro since 2007 and I love everything about it; it's the one reason why I tolerate Apple's f-ckery as of late. I need the best possible performing MBP when I upgrade to a new one, but now Apple is forcing my hand to pay a LOT more as opposed to buying a stock computer and upgrading it myself.

Typical BS from Apple lately, I hope someone figures out an alternative cause I don't want to pay $800 for 32GB of RAM when I can pay $300 and install it myself.
what you need a mac for that a high end windows pc cant do?
 5 years ago '04        #35
deux_visage 3 heat pts
space
space
$325 | Props total: 3 3
Apple marketing for the $$$$. If you need more than 8GB spend the money to get the 16GB+. The real issue at hand is if you don't have extended warranty through apple care (more $$$) or a 3rd party and one of your soldered RAM sticks goes bad after the initial warranty then you are basically screwed.
 5 years ago '05        #36
space
space
Im dead at the fact that they removed the ability to upgrade it... No SSD, No ram access. The screen and the internals(motherboard) Is welded SHUT. Its virtually impossible for the avg tech to repair, so basically you cannot do repairs yourself.
No bluray...
Tiny screen...
Expensive considering the lack of functionality, and its main purpose of being a desktop home PC. Its not a Laptop, it doesnt need to be 40% lighter thinner what ever. Its a fuking desktop that sits on your desk. SO chopping a couple mm of the top and bottom is not innovative.

Oh yeah the good part... They made it 40% smaller, but the middle.... yeeeeaaah thats the same. SO they basically made it like this
>

It literally looks like the greater/equal symbol. They only made the top buttom and sides slimmer, the back is still bulky. SO they removed all the functionality a desktop should simply have, especially or 1300 bucks... + apple care.

And for dudes who dont believe they are truly getting robbed by the jews over at apple co.
The NEW NEW iMac.

[pic - click to view]

(Look at the bulge, notice the sides are now thinner more sharp >)

Current iMac.
(same bulge as the new iMac... But the current is more functional, upgradeable, cheaper. But the surrounding area isnt sharp, so thats whack.)

[pic - click to view]

So they basically STILL have the bulge, but they justified all the functionality they removed... So the perimeter was made sharper to give the illusion of being significantly thinner.. Yup sounds like a good idea to me. And charging a high price for less. YUP. GOOD STUFF. How dumb can consumers get... If you cop this you are truly a fool. Man do i want to have more tech, or sharper area. Man i cant choose. smh. 100 more than the current model also. NICE.

The best part is, if you want to be able to upgrade the new iMac you have to drop 2k JUST for a 27 inch screen, and the ability to have a desktop that wont be worthless in a two years. RESOLUTIONARY.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 10-25-2012 at 04:25 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #37
ham00di 30 heat pts30
space
space
$1,434 | Props total: 3 3
 mrfreak76 said:
That's why you can order it with 32GB of RAM preinstalled.
holy crap now thats the dream, i wonder how much Apple would charge though?
 5 years ago '05        #38
space
space
 ham00di said:
holy crap now thats the dream, i wonder how much Apple would charge though?
SMFH n*gga thats easy to figure out, its basic fuking math... Aint hard.

[pic - click to view]

8GB x 4 sticks = 32GB total.

1x 8GB = $200
$200x4 Sticks= $800 + (PC cost) +- maybe 50-100 bucks. Idk.

SO basically expect to pay around that or lil more. I can get the same amount of memory, that is much faster and overclock able for my desktop. Cost=Less than $300

Im done for the day, gotta get to werk fuk it.
 5 years ago '04        #39
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,330 | Props total: 2734 2734
 bobdigi said:
Get one with 8-16gb of ram and not worry about such things.
The way tech improves and how much iMacs cost.

for the same price I can get way more ram.

Actually if I go get a Mac, I would get a Mac pro. You get the customization freedom of desktop and a beast of spec.

Add the fact that rams goes bad especially of you uses memory hogging apps like majority video, photo, and audio editing program.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 10-25-2012 at 06:24 AM..
 10-25-2012, 07:30 AM         #40
sonic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fuk apple . i cant ever use there comps
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy