Victor Cruz wants a new contract before the season ends

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
103 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
271 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
$40,556 | Props total: 18065 18065
 ThaShark316 said:
Just remember what squad we're talking about.

Giants don't give a fu*k...they know they could let this man go and find another diamond in the rough. Just like PIT and NE. Reload and retool, never rebuilding.
Nah I was all for doing it with Steve Smith and Manningham this is a different circumstance. Victor Cruz is a special player he changed the team completely. If they need the fans to donate money to keep him I'm all for it
 5 years ago '07        #22
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,803 | Props total: 452 452
 Rique said:
Diehl n Osi come to mind immediately.
webster,bradshaw,boley hell canty/rolle making big bucks also i might be looking at them two contract like
 5 years ago '06        #23
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
 Rique said:
Nah I was all for doing it with Steve Smith and Manningham this is a different circumstance. Victor Cruz is a special player he changed the team completely. If they need the fans to donate money to keep him I'm all for it
Great point about Smith and Manningham.

I think Cruz might be in their "build around these guys" crew. Eli, Nicks, Cruz, JPP and Tuck. Everyone else; "we let them walk".

I could see NYG eventually bucking their trend and getting an elite prospect at LT BEFORE the 3rd round.

Last edited by ThaShark316; 10-24-2012 at 01:54 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #24
24/7foamz 
space
space
 ThaShark316 said:
Great point about Smith and Manningham.

I think Cruz might be in their "build around these guys" crew. Eli, Nicks, Cruz, JPP and Tuck. Everyone else; "we let them walk".

I could see NYG eventually bucking their trend and getting an elite prospect at LT BEFORE the 3rd round.
tuck is already 29 and look washed up i believe he have a couple more years left on his contract once thats up he wont be back thats why im pretty sure reese will draft another DE early to groom to replace tuck when his contract is up.

and the giants have they LT beatty i forgot they gonna have to sign him also
 5 years ago '06        #25
space
space
 24/7foamz said:
tuck is already 29 and look washed up i believe he have a couple more years left on his contract once thats up he wont be back thats why im pretty sure reese will draft another DE early to groom to replace tuck when his contract is up.

and the giants have they LT beatty i forgot they gonna have to sign him also
Tuck's deal ends after the '13 season, so yeah...they'll be ready to draft another DE to replace him.

I had no clue his deal was up next year until a few mins ago when I looked. Makes it clear that the Giants likely won't bring him back after next season.
 5 years ago '06        #26
space
space
BTW, about Cruz...

Antonio Brown money???
 5 years ago '06        #27
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8660 8660
 Rique said:
No, and Calvin isn't worth that either
calvin is the best player on offense.......stafford shouldn't be getting paid what is getting.
 5 years ago '05        #28
Ghettoquiz 15 heat pts15
space
space
$14,294 | Props total: 648 648
Gotta pay nicks first. Nicks don't play Cruz numbers be regular.
 5 years ago '04        #29
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3267 3267
yea tuck aint comin back after his contract is up. i dont think Osi gonna last much longer either. i hope it comes down to them having to choose between Nicks and Cruz and one of them has to go. one can dream right

EDIT: just saw that Kenny Phillips will be a FA at the end of the season too...i think someone will lure him away from NY with a good contract

Last edited by chctynig2804; 10-24-2012 at 04:30 PM..
 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM         #30
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can get onboard with something between 45-55 Mil for 6 years...

If he's ridiculously thinking something more than that, then let him become a RFA next year, just like Wallace, and if a team is willing to give up a 1st and a huge contract... So be it.

He's a really good player... But he's not a complete a WR(often doesn't run block, doesn't play outside)... And he's not a #1.

And a slot reciever is much easier to replace than a true #1.

I know he has injury concerns... But Nicks is still the irreplaceable WR on this team to me.
 5 years ago '10        #31
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
in reese we trust ... he will keep both of them and jpp some how... tuck and osi aint coming back for sure
 5 years ago '04        #32
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
hey giants fans. u think they will cut Webster in the offseason to make way to re-sign some other guys? he's due for almost a $10 million cap hit next season. i'm sure the G-men would be able to save some money if they cut him or re-negotiated his contract. either way i dont see him back with the G-men after the 2013 season unless he takes a pay cut because they will have to re-sign Nicks and Boley
 5 years ago '05        #33
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,472 | Props total: 3357 3357
 Illstreet said:

He's a really good player... But he's not a complete a WR(often doesn't run block, doesn't play outside)... And he's not a #1.

And a slot reciever is much easier to replace than a true #1.
I couldn't disagree more with all that you just said.

1. He is a willing run defender. If you're going to use this past weekend as an example to support your claim that's fine, but that's the only example of it in all of his games and it was ONE play.

2. Saying he doesn't play outside is idiotic and simply not true. "For the season he’s broadly playing 50% of his snaps in the slot and that was again the case in this game, splitting his 58 plays right down the middle, outside and slot." -

3. Good slot WRs are not easier to come by. They are valuable a.ssets because not every WR can play the slot, just like not every CB can play the slot.

4. He's top 5 in targets, receptions, 1st downs, yards, and touchdowns, yet he's not a "true #1".

Last edited by Stupendamatic; 10-24-2012 at 04:50 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #34
24/7foamz 
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
hey giants fans. u think they will cut Webster in the offseason to make way to re-sign some other guys? he's due for almost a $10 million cap hit next season. i'm sure the G-men would be able to save some money if they cut him or re-negotiated his contract. either way i dont see him back with the G-men after the 2013 season unless he takes a pay cut because they will have to re-sign Nicks and Boley
webster can go personally if you ask me but im not gonna speak for the rest of giant fans.they have prince and hosley and can draft another corner or sign a vet for cheap to replace webster.either phillips or rolle gonna be gone next year i dont think you can keep both,will hill looking like the real deal and this brown kid havnt been bad playing for phillips right now.boley i wouldnt mind seeing gone with j williams being the younger,faster and cheaper player that can take his spot
 5 years ago '05        #35
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
I see a lot of contracts being restructured this offseason. Diehl, Canty, Rolle, Snee, Webster. Webster is still good, he has just been playing with a bad hammy and a broken hand these past few weeks. We will get some money freed up with Osi leaving but I also see others possibly leaving like Jacobs did; they're offered a restructure but if they reject they get cut. It's a problem Reese and the rest have to face, but it's a good problem to have (too much talent).
 5 years ago '04        #36
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 24/7foamz said:
webster can go personally if you ask me but im not gonna speak for the rest of giant fans.they have prince and hosley and can draft another corner or sign a vet for cheap to replace webster.either phillips or rolle gonna be gone next year i dont think you can keep both,will hill looking like the real deal and this brown kid havnt been bad playing for phillips right now.boley i wouldnt mind seeing gone with j williams being the younger,faster and cheaper player that can take his spot
I think Kenny is gonna dip. he's a free agent this year and they wont give him a contract before Cruz IMO. a team will throw some money at him and possibly lure him away
 5 years ago '05        #37
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
I think Kenny is gonna dip. he's a free agent this year and they wont give him a contract before Cruz IMO. a team will throw some money at him and possibly lure him away
It's very likely unfortunately. A lot of fans overlook Kenny because he doesn't get his name called out during the game and he's not a playmaking safety. The former is what makes him good though, he doesn't allow anything by him and is always in position to disrupt a play. Some teams may be concerned about his future health with the knee surgery he had a few years back, that possibly will lower his value which could work out in our favor.
 5 years ago '07        #38
24/7foamz 
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
im gonna beif that happen but i rather have two high price wr(nicks and cruz) then two high price safetys(phillips and rolle)

i think with prince and hosley at corners and will hill and phillips/rolle at safety that can be one of the best secondarys in about 2 years
 5 years ago '04        #39
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
i would pay cruz
 5 years ago '10        #40
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103

[pic - click to view]

dont remind me of Kenny Phillips possible departure... thats my safety!
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
112 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
126 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy