Victor Cruz wants a new contract before the season ends

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
6633 pageviews
106 comments

Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,542 | Props total: 18056 18056
Victor Cruz wants a new contract before the season ends

[pic - click to view]

http://www.washingtonpost .. om-the-giants/

And you thought Victor Cruz’s timing with Eli Manning was impeccable on Sunday.

On Monday, the New York Giants’ wide receiver who scored the game-winning touchdown against the Washington Redskins on a 77-yard pass play, said he would like to get a new contract. Soon.

“We would like to get it done before the season’s [over],” Cruz said Tuesday in his weekly WFAN appearance.. “We don’t want to drag it along and become something that blocks the team in the offseason and something that is in the media every day. We don’t want it to get like that. We want to just knock it out halfway through the season, or during the season at the very least, and put it behind [us].”

Cruz is earning $540,000 in his third NFL season and can become a restricted free agent after the season. The Giants could retain him with a one-year tender, but he wants a longer contract.

“I’m just in a position right now where I’m just focused on football,” Cruz said. “I have people, my agents and things like that, to worry about that stuff. But as a human being you obviously want to — you hope you get it done before the season’s over, obviously.”

Cruz set a Giants record with 1,536 receiving yards last season and has caught 50 passes for 627 yards this season. He’s in a three-way tie for the league lead with seven touchdown catches.

“I love this team. I love this organization,” Cruz said. “I want to, God-willing, one day retire a Giant. I want to stay here and fulfill my journey with the New York Giants.”
Most popular player on the Giants and hes doing work every week he definitely deserves a new deal. 500k for his production isn't fair to him. Giants cant be mad at him for doing so many commercials

106 comments for "Victor Cruz wants a new contract before the season ends"

5 years ago '06        #2
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,267 | Props total: 445 445
i heard the interview. He said "The sooner the better, but im just gonna concentrate on football" these people love to stir sh*t up..
 10-24-2012, 12:07 PM         #3
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He deserves top tier receiver money. Not Fitz/Megatron but the next level below them.
 5 years ago '04        #4
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,504 | Props total: 16333 16333
He's more productive then all these clowns w/ these big paydays
 5 years ago '06        #5
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 NYGiantsHUSTLER said:
i heard the interview. He said "The sooner the better, but im just gonna concentrate on football" these people love to stir sh*t up..
He deserves the money Eli, JPP, Cruz are the most important players on this team
 10-24-2012, 12:15 PM         #6
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they better pay my dawg...if I was him I'd hold out in the middle of the season #payup
 5 years ago '10        #7
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
 killadre said:
He's more productive then all these clowns w/ these big paydays
So you would give them him a 100 million dollar contract.
 5 years ago '04        #8
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
pay him now before he amasses stats that makes him demand more money. seems like the smart thing to do in my opinion.
 5 years ago '06        #9
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 Matrix said:
No, and Calvin isn't worth that either
 5 years ago '06        #10
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,267 | Props total: 445 445
^nope
 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM         #11
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they should pay him. but he's not gonna get what he wants. giants just reload on WR's when they need to. if he walks, he'll be placed in another system with a trashy a.ss quarterback and his numbers are gonna decrease.

not saying he's a system wr, but i'm just sayin...
 5 years ago '06        #12
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
If yall don't give him a new contract yall fu*ked up. Dude has done so much without Nicks even being there.
I agree he fits well with this team and without him we probably wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs last year. it'll probably be easier to sign him after we let Osi walk though
 5 years ago '04        #13
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,504 | Props total: 16333 16333
 Matrix said:
I wouldn't have given lil Calvin Johnson a contract like that. It ain't like he's going to help deliver a Super Bowl

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #14
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 451 451
eli,jpp,cruz and nicks is the team you build around them,reese gonna have to make some tough decision some thats gonna have me like but with this cap era you cant keep everybody.some good players gonna have to take a pay cut or get cut.i already have a list of players i would cut to get both nicks and cruz signed
 5 years ago '04        #15
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
yea but eli also makes recievers look better too. no knock on cruz ijs. no matter who is catching it, they might have a big day...remember the barden week?
 5 years ago '07        #16
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 Rique said:
No, and Calvin isn't worth that either
 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM         #17
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can't believe they're letting this n*gga walk around with a $500k salary
 5 years ago '06        #18
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 24/7foamz said:
eli,jpp,cruz and nicks is the team you build around them,reese gonna have to make some tough decision some thats gonna have me like but with this cap era you cant keep everybody.some good players gonna have to take a pay cut or get cut.i already have a list of players i would cut to get both nicks and cruz signed
Diehl n Osi come to mind immediately.
 5 years ago '06        #19
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
Just remember what squad we're talking about.

Giants don't give a fu*k...they know they could let this man go and find another diamond in the rough. Just like PIT and NE. Reload and retool, never rebuilding.

Let the Buffalos, Carolinas and Tampa Bays (still love the Bucs, but still) pay for the high priced FAs/re-sign their FAs. While the great franchises make tough decisions/don't give anyone a dime outside of the franchise QB and a few others.

Last edited by ThaShark316; 10-24-2012 at 01:50 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #20
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,581 | Props total: 5036 5036
They better pay that man.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago