Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
32 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
its not helping when these drill prod using the same elements as the trap. @Cheif Dee; Drill isn't poppin like u think so chill w/ that, because of course the whole world aint from the CHI. so of course its not gonna be like "datz deff drill, bruh" Trap wasnt suppose to be as mainstream as it is now.. i miss when it was only heard on mixtapes w/ ppl who werent as "on" or as well known, and then u had the mainstream drug rap that was still hot at the time.. circa 2005-06 etc. but w/e Drill stil has a way to go.
 5 years ago '10        #42
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,462 | Props total: 6367 6367
i understand trying to branch out and create your own lil thing here....but drill is jus trap music
 5 years ago '12        #43
SlimDunkin 1717 heat pts1717
space
space
$10,570 | Props total: 1616 1616
ya yall tryin too hard to differentiate between them, but reality is, if all this drill music came out 3 or 4 years ago itd b called trap music.

nd lemme ask this.
Slim dunkin been rappin bout robbin f!ghtin shootin k!llin, (so has all bricksquad for that matter, DUNK jus did it the best) since day 1 ,. is he a drill rapper . naw get outta here

the only difference i saw in the 2 socalled different genres is ,. better production quality , nd the pace on which they rap. thats its. same sh*t . (gucci switches his flow up every year)
 5 years ago '12        #44
Zoo Blocc Savage 91 heat pts91 OP
space
space
$2,160 | Props total: 1165 1165
Drill music?

5 years ago '12        #45
BangEm904 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,812 | Props total: 6655 6655
 KeepinItTrill said:
I fu*k with both
me 2 but drill just sound like trap/crunk 2.0....all these chi n*ggas rappin like southern n*ggas. actin wild, shakin dreads in their vids is what the south been doin

YI-Drizzy said:
can we just say chicago runs trap music now and let it be done with
: ohcmonman:
 5 years ago '09        #46
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,398 | Props total: 17577 17577
This That Drill Katie Got Bandz

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #47
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,253 | Props total: 9683 9683
It's the same sh*t. Pretending its totally different is ridiculous.
 5 years ago '11        #48
Roddy Little 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,054 | Props total: 740 740
As a beat maker myself I have to say that Drill and Trap are two different genres (or Drill is a subgenre of Trap).

Let me begin by saying that Trap is and has always been at 140bpm (as is Dubstep for example)

Now Drill Music, is usually alot slower, around 120-130bpm, it depends.

Somebody mentioned Crunk, so just to conclude, Crunk was always made at 70-80 bpm (Trap is essentially Crunk with double time rhythms).

Now let's get into the drum patterns....

Shawty Redd and Lex Luger pretty much set a standard when it comes to Trap drum patterns, for years new producers were scared to stray away from the norm and be original...

Then Drill came out, now if you pay attention, you will notice that Drill Music's drum patterns tend to differ to Trap quite alot, we're hearing the 808 now being used as a lead instrument, and the snare has almost vanished from these beats..

I could go into alot more detail but y'all basic n*ggas wouldnt understand sh*t, but to round it off, Trap music is essentially a part of Electronic Dance music AND Hip-Hop/Rap at the same time, and if you know anything about EDM, you will know that even the smallest changes in a sound can create a new genre.

Last edited by Roddy Little; 12-28-2012 at 12:06 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #49
504boy 2 heat pts
space
space
$265 | Props total: 49 49
n*ggas from chicago trying so hard to say they created something new
 5 years ago '04        #50
dipsetrocfan 
space
space
$250 | Props total: 19 19
so is nobody going to mention pac-man, king louie, dro city or the fact that drill music is not a new term or form of music???? if not then this thread is irrelevant
 5 years ago '07        #51
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
This has got to be the most miniscule 'difference' in two sounds I've ever heard of. It's pretty much -10 bps, a different city, and a few more words about violence than drug slangin. That sh*t is still in the house of trap.
 12-28-2012, 01:24 PM         #52
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chicago just needs to man and say it...

drill is basically trap.

Koko ‏@Mo_Gwala

Its called drill music boi RT @Lawgotsoul: Chicago trap music >
 5 years ago '07        #53
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,446 | Props total: 16211 16211
trap=crunk=dirtysouth=whatever the fuss they tryin to call it now...manny fresh triple six and lil jon been on that btw

lex luger did not invent no damn trap

matter fact it was the westcoast that popularized hit hat and snare rolls...and 808 bass and claps
 5 years ago '05        #54
GLOCKN SKIMASK 86 heat pts86
space
space
$6,504 | Props total: 991 991

[video - click to view]

drill

[video - click to view]

drill

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

now someone post trap sh*t that sound similar to any of these songs you cant
 5 years ago '04        #55
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,484 | Props total: 6065 6065
drill music n*ggaz aint said imma drill yo a.ss since early 2000's up north n*ggaz late
 5 years ago '12        #56
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 5617 5617
Some of yal need to quit being so closed minded about this whole situaion

Drill

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #57
SlimDunkin 1717 heat pts1717
space
space
$10,570 | Props total: 1616 1616
 GLOCKN SKIMASK said:
drill drill now someone post trap sh*t that sound similar to any of these songs you cant
so french montana's ' devil wants my soul' is drill ..?? sounds exactly like love sosa to me
 5 years ago '04        #58
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
 Roddy Little said:
As a beat maker myself I have to say that Drill and Trap are two different genres (or Drill is a subgenre of Trap).

Let me begin by saying that Trap is and has always been at 140bpm (as is Dubstep for example)

Now Drill Music, is usually alot slower, around 120-130bpm, it depends.

Somebody mentioned Crunk, so just to conclude, Crunk was always made at 70-80 bpm (Trap is essentially Crunk with double time rhythms).

Now let's get into the drum patterns....

Shawty Redd and Lex Luger pretty much set a standard when it comes to Trap drum patterns, for years new producers were scared to stray away from the norm and be original...

Then Drill came out, now if you pay attention, you will notice that Drill Music's drum patterns tend to differ to Trap quite alot, we're hearing the 808 now being used as a lead instrument, and the snare has almost vanished from these beats..

I could go into alot more detail but y'all basic n*ggas wouldnt understand sh*t, but to round it off, Trap music is essentially a part of Electronic Dance music AND Hip-Hop/Rap at the same time, and if you know anything about EDM, you will know that even the smallest changes in a sound can create a new genre.
This pretty much sums it up....

But sadly n*ggas not listening because no matter what they gonna say its still the same.

swayze said:
Niccaz steal sh*t everyday dawg. Memphis been Jookin since the late 80's early 90'sDown south stay gettin rob of creativity.
My n*gga this sh*t you posted is no where near Chicago footworkin' ....not even close...first it was Detroit n*ggas saying their Jit or whatever the fu*k its called was the same as footworkin' now this.....

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 12-29-2012 at 06:46 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #59
dejordan 
space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 288 288
trap music focuses on selling drugs. drill music is about robbing and k!lling. pretty simple.
Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
260 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
164 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
162 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy