Trap vs "drill" music

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
188 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
29 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #21
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
 Minister said:
whatever happened to juking tho

that fu*king song plus that bi*ch a.ss dancing........wow
 10-27-2012, 06:28 AM         #22
youngsosaPEG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Minister said:
whatever happened to juking tho

yo just dont post anymore fu*kin weirdo
 5 years ago '08        #23
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Drill/hitta music is gang/f!ght music, trap music is drug music. Not even the same subject theme. Not even all drill songs with sound the same. I dont even know how n*ggas even get the two confused. Probably because they dont even listen to alot of drill/hitta music. "Drilling" is shooting and letting your gun go off aka making that "drilla noise". Being a "hitta" is self explanatory.

Last edited by Chief Dee; 10-27-2012 at 07:13 AM..
 10-27-2012, 07:17 AM         #24
farmtrill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so if i do a song about bi*ches over a trap beat is it a whole new genre? call it bi*ch MUSIC?

no its the same damn music with different lyrical themes, not a new genre
 5 years ago '08        #25
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
 farmtrill said:
so if i do a song about bi*ches over a trap beat is it a whole new genre? call it bi*ch MUSIC?

no its the same damn music with different lyrical themes, not a new genre
Would "bi*ch music" have unique themes and terminology a.ssociated with a specific city/area of America like drill/hitta music? Yeah I thought so. Im actually from where drill/hitta started (Southside of Chicago) and hear enough of it EVERYDAY to actually be an authority on the subject. If you're not from here, you dont get the theme of drill/hitta, it's all just bass and drums to you outtowners. Half you n*ggas on BX had to be taught basic sh*t like what "fu*k an opp" even meant, so how could yall be experts in drill/hitta culture altogether? You're an outsider, that drilla noise is clear to someone like me. The vibe, feel, aura, and mood of Drill/hitta aint the same as trap music. My mood is not the same listening to Lil Durk or Chief Keef as I do if I play Jeezy, Waka or Gucci.
 5 years ago '10        #26
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
 Chief Dee said:
Drill/hitta music is gang/f!ght music, trap music is drug music. Not even the same subject theme. Not even all drill songs with sound the same. I dont even know how n*ggas even get the two confused. Probably because they dont even listen to alot of drill/hitta music. "Drilling" is shooting and letting your gun go off aka making that "drilla noise". Being a "hitta" is self explanatory.
Thought n*ggaz was talkin bout the beats but Yeah You right Drill=Gang/f!ght music Trap=Drugs/traphouse music
 5 years ago '08        #27
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
Another thing I forget to mention, all drill/hitta music doesnt even sound the same. Drill/hitta is more diverse than trap music ever will be. An entire Waka Flocka/Gucci Mane trap mixtape can literally sound like the same song on repeat. Drilla/hitta is a variety pack. Take a song like "Tru Religion Fiend" and "Trust None", both dont sound the same yet are both on the same Chief Keef tape. A song like L'z Anthem" and "My n*ggas Dont Change" dont sound the same but are on the same Durk mixtape. "Beef" and "Ova" dont sound the same but on the same Reese tape, etc. Whereas the intro to a Waka/Gucci tape from the outro is the same song 15 plus times. Lil Durk's drill/hitta music by himself has more variety than several of these trap n*ggas combined.
 10-27-2012, 08:10 AM         #28
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas getting this trap music sh*t confused woe, and chief dee no all of it does not sound the same....

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Trap music>>>>drill music all day....
 5 years ago '05        #29
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,192 | Props total: 11767 11767
So if u make a song about f!ghting , over a trap beat what is it?
 5 years ago '12        #30
BangEm904 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,806 | Props total: 6622 6622
Trap>drill
 5 years ago '05        #31
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,440 | Props total: 25101 25101
 Rebirth46 said:
Thought n*ggaz was talkin bout the beats but Yeah You right Drill=Gang/f!ght music Trap=Drugs/traphouse music
If Thats Drill Then Drill Is fu*king Crunk
 10-27-2012, 11:37 AM         #32
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can we just say chicago runs trap music now and let it be done with
 10-27-2012, 11:40 AM         #33
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drill music ain't nothing but a sub/sub genre of trap music.

5 years ago '06        #34
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
Trap music don't just mean you makin songs about sellin dope, it's a sound..a sub-genre based mostly on production style and aura of your music. All of Gucci,Future,Gotti's etc..songs aren't about sellin bricks, they got songs about murkin n*ggas,club tracks,bi*ch songs and all that but their sh*t is classified as trap music because that's just what it is. Chi-town n*ggas actin like they're the first one's to talk about murkin n*ggas and f!ghting over 808's,synths and hi-hats?? Sad to to tell you but that "drill" sh*t is just Trap music remixed with Chicago accents and gang references.
 5 years ago '06        #35
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
 YI-Drizzy said:
Why? Because Chief Keef is the only hot trap rapper ya'll have. The rest of them n*ggas is clones or just plain wack. ATL will always be the trap rap capital son.
 10-27-2012, 11:49 AM         #36
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 28 Gramz said:
Trap music don't just mean you makin songs about sellin dope, it's a sound..a sub-genre based mostly on production style and aura of your music. All of Gucci,Future,Gotti's etc..songs aren't about sellin bricks, they got songs about murkin n*ggas,club tracks,bi*ch songs and all that but their sh*t is classified as trap music because that's just what it is. Chi-town n*ggas actin like they're the first one's to talk about murkin n*ggas and f!ghting over 808's,synths and hi-hats?? Sad to to tell you but that "drill" sh*t is just Trap music remixed with Chicago accents and gang references.
 10-27-2012, 12:07 PM         #37
Trill Lord J 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YI-Drizzy said:
n*gga get all the way the fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '12        #38
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
What's happening here is trap is growing as a sub genre of hip hop. Trap might over time be recognized as it's own genre if it keeps expanding. Drill music is a sub genre of trap music. Slower tempos, less emphasis on snares, more emphasis on 808's, different chords & melodies...etc
 5 years ago '07        #39
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,202 | Props total: 15055 15055
 BangEm904 said:
Trap>drill
I fu*k with both
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago