most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #61
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
space
$3,716 | Props total: 4749 4749
 5 years ago '04        #62
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27

"mind blowing superhero"

best resume i've ever seen.
 10-25-2012, 12:11 AM         #63
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this will only work for designers
 5 years ago '10        #64
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,423 | Props total: 6273 6273
this sh*t just might get me hired at google
 5 years ago '06        #65
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18978 18978
 Borealis said:
Maybe if you're a graphic designer it'll work, most employers will be like "wtf is this".
and that's what's wrong with this country...
 5 years ago '06        #66
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Is there any way someone can post these in their original size or post the link to them? I can't enlarge them and I have good eyes and can't read them at all.
 5 years ago '04        #67
-Artiz- 
space
space
$5,144 | Props total: 75 75
i'd do it, i would accompany it with a traditional resume
 5 years ago '06        #68
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 bakeram4 said:
this sh*t won't work for design, unless the studio you're applying to sucks a big bag of d!cks. Keepin' it simple and showing you can manage restraints and have strong foundation in typography is what employers look for in resumes/CVs from designers....these sh*ts make me mad.
Yea that's good advice. I've heard that a million times whenever I have someone critique my resume/cover later they always say that it should be relatively simple and easy to read. Resumes shouldn't be over 2 pages max for the most part, and the cover letter should be 1 page usually. I've hired interns and when you're going through 50-70 applicants, you're not going to want to sit there for 10 minutes just reading/digesting what the person is trying to say.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are managers and HR people who look at something like that and just toss it aside because they don't want to be bothered putting together a puzzle or hear your life story. The resume/cv is just an attempt at trying to get them to call you for an interview.
 5 years ago '12        #69
GoldRush 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 538 538
 Borealis said:
Maybe if you're a graphic designer it'll work, most employers will be like "wtf is this".
 drunkenmasta said:
I work in the HR department. Do not, i repeat, DO NOT under any circumstances apply for a job with something like this.
 Borealis said:
So do I. I try to tell these n*ggas, but they won't listen.

lol.... nobody's payin attention to these posts--- hr people know all the tricks to the trade

when it comes to this sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #70
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
i'm in sales... its about mouth piece not wtf is this
 5 years ago '09        #71
Kyoji24 
space
space
$1,114 | Props total: 1 1
That's neat
 5 years ago '04        #72
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
You do all that to recieve an email saying,

"Dear Mr. X,

We have reviewed your qualifications and unfortunately have decided to go with another candidate at this time

Burger King"
 5 years ago '10        #73
AugBrnsRed 
space
space
$468 | Props total: 3 3
i receive resumes a lot and i would at least read one of those as opposed to some of the crap i see, however resumes dont mean a lot apart from showing experience and work history which in some cases is false, and the rest is bullsh*t, you never write something bad on it, you can judge a person way better by talking to them and questioning them, therefore i would like to see someone that has taken an effort to present something other than just hand writing or a generic typed out resume. The part that cracks me up the most on a resume is what people like doing, i dont give a sh*t what you like doing in your personal time, i just hope you like working because thats what your gonna be doing! LOL
 5 years ago '04        #74
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 1362 1362
 Borealis said:
yep. even for a graphic designer its excessive. showing off makes me not want to hire you.
 5 years ago '09        #75
Two Five Design 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 16 16
 Manny05 said:
like everyone said, it would only benefit graphic designers
I got an IT job with a custom resume I designed

I'm also a designer tho
 5 years ago '04        #76
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 Borealis said:
word. even if you are a designer, an employer would be like WTF, especially in the newspaper business where there are a ton of old school dudes still running the industry. They wanna see a "traditional" resume and then you come with the portfolio related stuff.

and I'm a designer
 5 years ago '09        #77
Two Five Design 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 16 16
 babalou said:
word. even if you are a designer, an employer would be like WTF, especially in the newspaper business where there are a ton of old school dudes still running the industry. They wanna see a "traditional" resume and then you come with the portfolio related stuff.

and I'm a designer
That's why print media is slowly dying out. Old people still think they know business nowadays. So many stubborn a.ss old people go with the same old techniques when they really need to scrap the old way of doing things and adapt. I can't be mad though, nature will take its course and they will most likely retire / go out of business.
 5 years ago '06        #78
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

yeah go to any graphic designer board and they're all over the place. some designers have normal templates for regular professions but a little more stylish. so those people lookin for a fresh new looking template just frequent around dribbble, deviantart, behance, etc.

i dont like those resumes with all the extra infographics and icons n little tidbits all over the place. a nice use of colors, typography, and good wording will get you in the door faster than some of the showy stuff like that guy last page said

Last edited by LGK; 10-25-2012 at 09:34 AM..
 10-25-2012, 09:49 AM         #79
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Serif fonts

"Professional Profile" section w/ bullet points on your proficiencies (software, etc.)

"Relevant courses" section in university/college section

Put down some interesting sh*t under "interests" section

...that's my checklist

Only slick sh*t I did on my resume was make it landscape format instead of portrait
 5 years ago '04        #80
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 Two Five Design said:
That's why print media is slowly dying out. Old people still think they know business nowadays. So many stubborn a.ss old people go with the same old techniques when they really need to scrap the old way of doing things and adapt. I can't be mad though, nature will take its course and they will most likely retire / go out of business.
honestly, youre right.

i see it everyday at work when we wanna try something out and then have to change it because the old heads cant read it and think that the readers wont be albe to read it. and the fact of the matter is that that these old heads stick around forever. they dont retire either, theyre in this for life.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
49 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
207 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy