Oct 22 - Woman Fired From Arby's After Escaping Out The Drive-Thru Window During 3rd Armed Robbery

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
6885 pageviews
77 comments

Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19946 19946
Oct 22 - Woman Fired From Arby's After Escaping Out The Drive-Thru Window During 3rd Armed Robbery

An a.ssistant manager at an Arby’s, who slipped out of a drive-thru window to get away from an armed robber who invaded the store early Friday, has been fired.

Mary Archer learned of her fate less than 24 hours after a man with a knife slipped into the business, 1130 E. Dayton Yellow Springs Road, at about 12:45 a.m.

She signed the paperwork her supervisor gave her, which stated that she had broken the corporation’s safety and security policy because she was alone in the fast food business when it was robbed.

Archer, 56, told News Center 7’s Layron Livingston, in an exclusive interview Friday night, that she was closing the business for the day and a co-worker had just left when she heard the doorbell to the business.

Archer said she thought it was the co-worker, who perhaps had forgotten something.

To her horror, it was the robber.

“He held up a knife and kept saying ‘give me the money,’ ” she said.

The man had her cornered in the office, Archer said, but she shoved him out of the way and made her way to the drive-thru window, where she screamed for help. She then climbed through the window.

A customer at a nearby Circle K store heard her, alerted someone in the convenience store, and police were called.

“I had pushed him away…because I’m like, ‘I’m not going to die in Arby’s tonight…I’m just not,’ ” she said.

In the initial hours after the incident, the manager’s daughter told News Center 7 that the robbery was the third at that restaurant in six months.

“She was able to get away, slipped out the drive-thru window and yelled for help,” Archer’s daughter said, referring to Friday’s robbery. She said her mother was the manager on duty each time the store was robbed.

According to the daughter, robbers tried unsuccessfully to take the safe the first time.

Suspects reportedly got away with a safe the second time, she said.

Friday morning, the suspect ran off empty-handed.

Archer told police he was about 5-foot-10, 150 pounds and wore a dark colored hoodie, dark pants and a dark wool stocking cap.

He had not been caught Friday night, according to Fairborn police. The department is asking anyone who might have information about the incident to call them at (937) 754-3000.

As for Archer’s immediate future with the restaurant/fast food eatery?

Arby’s, an affiliate of the Atlanta-based Roark Capital Group, said violations of its safety and security policy mean termination of employment without exception.

A Vice President of Arby’s Human Resources contacted WHIO TV and says he says he feels bad that Ms. Archer had to go through this, but that she knowingly violated the company’s safety and security policy, and had been warned before.

“I don’t want my job back,” she said, noting that January would mark her 23rd year with Arby’s.

[pic - click to view]

Arby’s fires manager who escaped armed robber | www.daytondailynews.com

77 comments for "Oct 22 - Woman Fired From Arby's After Escaping Out The Drive-Thru Window During 3rd Armed Robbery"

5 years ago '07        #2
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,393 | Props total: 16070 16070
hmmm...she might want a lawyer
 5 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511 OP
space
space
Idk if she has much of a case tho, it was against policy but fu*k that, I woulda done the same sh*t. fu*k Arbys lol.3rd time robbed in the last 6 months? Time for a new gig lol.
 5 years ago '07        #4
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,200 | Props total: 15033 15033
so she gets fired for being scared for her life and leaving the situation instead of staying there to possibly get stabbed the fu*k up?
 5 years ago '07        #5
space
space
 NoTitleSince73 said:
Idk if she has much of a case tho, it was against policy but fu*k that, I woulda done the same sh*t. fu*k Arbys lol.3rd time robbed in the last 6 months? Time for a new gig lol.
Oh there is a policy that workers have to put their lives in danger for the sake of their minimum wage...merica..kcuf yea

safety and security..I am guessing the crawling out the window part was a safety issue...so was the knife in her neck
 5 years ago '07        #6
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511 OP
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
Oh there is a policy that workers have to put their lives in danger for the sake of their minimum wage...merica..kcuf yea

safety and security..I am guessing the crawling out the window part was a safety issue...so was the knife in her neck
I doubt the attorneys or a judge would see it that way. I'm not saying its right, but Arby's is within their rights to fire her, for what they see as a violation of their rules. I bet it doesn't reflect them to well though
 5 years ago '12        #7
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 1037 1037
“I had pushed him away…because I’m like, ‘I’m not going to die in Arby’s tonight…I’m just not,’ ” she said.

5 years ago '11        #8
nights bright 6 heat pts
space
space
$598 | Props total: 118 118
She had been warned about being alone in the store before, and its against arbys policy for an employee to be alone in the store apparently. Doesn't seem like she would have much of a case, plus she said she doesn't want her job back so....
 5 years ago '07        #9
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Damagegadget said:

tha policy is to neva be in a store alone.makes alotta sense given what happened
 5 years ago '07        #10
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 regulate said:
fu*k there policy. I think a good lawyer can convince a judge that the policy itself is inhumane and thus invalid. She been with them for 23 years??? Sheeeeit she better hire a lawyer and f!ght them in court for some $$$$$.
its humane to require a store to hav 2 workers at all times?
 5 years ago '04        #11
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,161 | Props total: 9589 9589
 r.burgundy said:
its humane to require a store to hav 2 workers at all times?
 5 years ago '09        #12
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
After reading teh title I was on my "THATS SOME BULLsh*t" mode then I read and she deserves to be terminated. They have a policy and she was warned previously to keep an extra employee in there with her. One for safety reasons and two to cover her a.ss in the event of a robbery and the company tries to a.ssume she was involved.

Odd that the only robberies come when she is closing and she gets away this time out of a drive thru window unscathed and can give such a great description of the guy. Yeah right, I'm supposed to believe you were cornered, just pushed the guy and got away that quickly

That was her nephew or some sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #13
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 875 875
 nights bright said:
She had been warned about being alone in the store before, and its against arbys policy for an employee to be alone in the store apparently. Doesn't seem like she would have much of a case, plus she said she doesn't want her job back so....
Doesnt seem like a horrible policy

but if they got robbed that much, I'd be in the market for a career change
 5 years ago '07        #14
space
space
 NoTitleSince73 said:
I doubt the attorneys or a judge would see it that way. I'm not saying its right, but Arby's is within their rights to fire her, for what they see as a violation of their rules. I bet it doesn't reflect them to well though
attorney's see money... and loopholes..
 5 years ago '10        #15
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Arby's is on my list of the Top 3 Places I Wouldn't Want to Die.

1) Arby's (or Walt's Roast Beef)

2) Christopher Walkens Bathtub

3) Chuck E Cheese ball pitt
 5 years ago '07        #16
space
space
 FoShizzle8 said:
oh look,another witty comment by some eurotrash f*ggot trying to diss america
man see when people talk with out knowledge its amazing./...Im in Colorado fool..damn near the heart of america.. mind you the comment came from team america smart guy
 5 years ago '07        #17
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 TheMindOf said:

they are on my top 3 of places i would neva eat at
 5 years ago '11        #18
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,390 | Props total: 3859 3859
 Robert Roofus said:

Was just about to post this exact thing lmao. Just a real a.ss statement yo lol.
 5 years ago '04        #19
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9445 9445
23 years at Arby's though?
 5 years ago '12        #20
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,391 | Props total: 5652 5652
 TheMindOf said:

those ball pits must be dirty as phuck
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy