Oct 20 - Meet Mega, Kim Dotcom's new and secure Megaupload sequel

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,121 | Props total: 4704 4704
 cbjones said:

[pic - click to view]

props for the Mega smiley
 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM         #42
TriniChief 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I xan't beleive I actually know what u mean.
 5 years ago '04        #43
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,159 | Props total: 864 864
 SacarioEpiphany said:

[pic - click to view]

SUCK IT FBI!
@ that gif

Mr Connoisseur said:

this sounds like yousendit back in the day, fu*king 25 dl limit
dam you just took me back...
 5 years ago '06        #44
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
download sites have been sh*t ever since megaupload got taken down

that's what i heard anyways i wouldnt know
 10-22-2012, 01:18 PM         #45
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

The gov is gonna order a drone strike on him.
 5 years ago '04        #46
NaMeLeSs- 83 heat pts83
space
space
$9,294 | Props total: 3595 3595
piracy is for losers
 10-22-2012, 01:48 PM         #47
THNKS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MemphBleek05 said:
Exactly bruh, I mean, if I WAS into that whole DOWNLOADING thing.........which I'm not....I would steer away from Mega...but I have nothing to worry about since I don't download stuff, because that's illegal..and doing illegal stuff is wrong and will get you put in jail where you will meet one of those Beyond Scared Straight people....#TeamAgainstIllegalDownloads
*riley voice*
 5 years ago '08        #48
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 SacarioEpiphany said:

[pic - click to view]

SUCK IT FBI!
 5 years ago '07        #49
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,659 | Props total: 4410 4410
Wait, you can download stuff online?
 5 years ago '07        #50
Gortexmethod 
space
space
$723 | Props total: 146 146
So whens this new site gonna go online??
 5 years ago '12        #51
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,218 | Props total: 7593 7593
Nice try, FBI.
 10-22-2012, 05:18 PM         #52
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't trust it, no disrespect but he had one of the biggest piracy busts in history, then all of a sudden he comes out legally smelling like roses, and ready to set up shop like it was nothing, I smell something funny for real.
 5 years ago '12        #53
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
 MemphBleek05 said:
Exactly bruh, I mean, if I WAS into that whole DOWNLOADING thing.........which I'm not....I would steer away from Mega...but I have nothing to worry about since I don't download stuff, because that's illegal..and doing illegal stuff is wrong and will get you put in jail where you will meet one of those Beyond Scared Straight people....#TeamAgainstIllegalDownloads
dude will make u put kool-aid on your face
 5 years ago '12        #54
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
 Hotboy1982 said:
I don't trust it, no disrespect but he had one of the biggest piracy busts in history, then all of a sudden he comes out legally smelling like roses, and ready to set up shop like it was nothing, I smell something funny for real.
real sh*t .... swizz beats becomes the owner one day ... the next day the site catches a drug bust
 5 years ago '04        #55
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 2D.... said:
no... its not...

vast majority of money an artist makes is off of shows, not sales
in fact, piracy only helps new artists get their music out there and bigger
hence promoting their image and more shows

really, do you download every album you would only buy?
no, we get it cause its easy and wouldn't have listened to it otherwise

why is it such a big issue then? because the labels have the money
and the money is what goes through to lobby to the government and make sh*t happen
nah dude youre dead wrong. i understand what youre saying about getting promotion from the music leaking, but when you couldnt just download a song in a minute you HAD to buy the album. album was 17 bucks, split that up... if you made a good deal you got a good chunk of that money, and since most people went platinum for sneezing on a record back then they made a lot of money. if you think the 360 deals people sign now are better than when a band like nsync went DIAMOND (yeah albums used to go diamond) youre a little mislead.

to make the point even clearer, look at mac miller... completely independent and probably has a million dollars. an artist like him would have had about 10 million dollars in the pre-piracy market, its just common sense. they are two completely different environments, now most artists make money off touring and merch... in the 90s all you had to do was record good music and you made money, justin timberlake aint stupid, that movie money is still real good.

case and point... somehow milli vanilli made money... in 2012 milli vanilli wouldnt have made a fu*king cent. if you wanna look at someone whos got the marketing/advertising 2012 model down pat its PSY, dudes making a chunk of change off one song because hes pushing it right (video, dances, catchy tune, and its funny).

jump in if you disagree but the days of throwing 100's in the strip club for the average rapper are over... hit the road buddy and make sure you hit every stop!

Last edited by haterade2885; 10-22-2012 at 09:48 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #56
messy marv stan 4530 heat pts4530
space
space
$53,704 | Props total: 66431 66431
no matter how hard the obama regime or any regime after tries to shut down the internet there is always a way to bring it back
 5 years ago '04        #57
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
 Toss said:
Kim ain't no snitch and won't set anyone up I will stand my Kim I been reading about this for a couple of months it seems interesting and it will be hard for the government to trace illegal downloads which doesn't matter to me because I don't download illegal things. But I can't wait for him to beat the government when the trail ends he would be the few to beat the government
looked into the case myself....first off, they didn't some illegal sh*t by confiscating his servers and stuff....used the military to raid this man's cribb like he was Pablo Escobar and that warrant wasn't valid i think. the feds, america, went way over yonder to coordinate with whatever country he was in to execute it and it wasn't necessary. i mean the feds have a 90 conviction rate but they do fu*k up more often than none and this case is really hard to prove.

fyi, for those of yall that don't know...he got back the 12 or so cars they took from him...sold them for lawyer fees.....he's doing this to make bread back up to continue f!ghting the case. if i'm not mistaken this man is going to trial. people that go to trial aren't cooperating. that's a f!ght that the FEDS don't want cuz it takes up too much time and money. and what's he going to get out of having 10 million people or however many use his service catch a case??? he's more so looking at fines than that much jail time....no need for any of that....yall cats watch too much tv and believe all the sh*t yall see.

2D.... said:
no... its not...

vast majority of money an artist makes is off of shows, not sales
in fact, piracy only helps new artists get their music out there and bigger
hence promoting their image and more shows

really, do you download every album you would only buy?
no, we get it cause its easy and wouldn't have listened to it otherwise

why is it such a big issue then? because the labels have the money
and the money is what goes through to lobby to the government and make sh*t happen
i partially agree with you. you can get paid off of album sales however in this new age, going plat and above is difficult....well, at least for hip hop. a lot of pop albums and rock albums still do numbers. and yes, you can get paid heavily off of shows...still, if you went plat and got 3, 4 bucks off an album...you're good...that would be a lot of shows to do though....plus appearances, parties, merchandise...depends on the artist and the contract....you need both though....the longevity is in the tours though so that's y i think you're partially right....after a while you're album will stop selling....you can go on tour forever.

JustForgetIt said:
where do you think artists get money to do tours/shows? in the end it does hurt the artist because that's a way to recoup.
upfront bread from the label or the promoters....this is how you can recoup too though...

Hotboy1982 said:
research the case...the feds aren't perfect but their reputation precedes them so anything that can look funny will....i don't know exactly what's going on with this but if he's going to trial, he's not cooperating.

grapedrank said:
real sh*t .... swizz beats becomes the owner one day ... the next day the site catches a drug bust
maybe swiss is a snitch then.............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

haterade2885 said:
nah dude youre dead wrong. i understand what youre saying about getting promotion from the music leaking, but when you couldnt just download a song in a minute you HAD to buy the album. album was 17 bucks, split that up... if you made a good deal you got a good chunk of that money, and since most people went platinum for sneezing on a record back then they made a lot of money. if you think the 360 deals people sign now are better than when a band like nsync went DIAMOND (yeah albums used to go diamond) youre a little mislead.

to make the point even clearer, look at mac miller... completely independent and probably has a million dollars. an artist like him would have had about 10 million dollars in the pre-piracy market, its just common sense. they are two completely different environments, now most artists make money off touring and merch... in the 90s all you had to do was record good music and you made money, justin timberlake aint stupid, that movie money is still real good.

case and point... somehow milli vanilli made money... in 2012 milli vanilli wouldnt have made a fu*king cent. if you wanna look at someone whos got the marketing/advertising 2012 model down pat its PSY, dudes making a chunk of change off one song because hes pushing it right (video, dances, catchy tune, and its funny).

jump in if you disagree but the days of throwing 100's in the strip club for the average rapper are over... hit the road buddy and make sure you hit every stop!
really they go hand in hand however, i do believe that an artist can get more from album sales. 3, 4 per album x diamond makes you filthy. and that's a lot of shows. like you said though, new times. hip hop aint selling like that. maybe white people records. hip hop artists make show money. and the more shows they do, more people know about you, the more might buy the album....yea, this internet done changed the game. i see why the RIAA is mad, at the same time, karma is a bi*ch and these bastards been robbing n*ggas off deals forever so you reap what you sow.
 5 years ago '10        #58
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
 MemphBleek05 said:

u better believe it

YARKONE said:

mahhh teammate.

@ the bolded

SacarioEpiphany said:

[pic - click to view]

SUCK IT FBI!

damn gif cracks me up everytime lol

itsdazn said:
you guys remember that drug dealing classmate in high school who suddenly disappears and comes back months later to start sellin again. then one by one the kids buying the drugs get hit by a random locker search.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago