Chevy Chase drops the N-Word on Community set. Production halted.

most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
127 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
75 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #41
4sonsofHorus 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 1 1
 Yung Dilla said:
Why did you post this? the context that it was used is night and day
The context was different yet why are we talking about it now?

Why did he feel the need to apologize if it was just a joke?

Apologies for not clarifying, but Moony said it best

Last edited by 4sonsofHorus; 10-21-2012 at 12:09 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #42
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,409 | Props total: 12350 12350
I dont care.

I'm about to go watch Fletch then Caddyshack right now.
 10-21-2012, 01:14 AM         #43
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh my god!

NOOOOOoooOOOOooOOOooo

Racists lost, them dudes are treated like child predators now. Who cares about derogatory terms anymore unless they're just needlessly taunted at someone. Tell me, why is Louis C.K. allowed to say it, and Chevy Chase isn't? No one gave Louie sh*t for that. There's no headlines, and gasps and apology sessions.

[video - click to view]

You see what I mean? This sh*t is ridiculous. Let's be real here, that's the same type context with Chevy Chase here. Chevy Chase was making fun of how one note and lame his character is, the guy's a comedian, he makes fun of things, he was making fun of his character being a one note bigot and how tired an act it was (not just to him, but he knows viewers think it's lame too.) Let that man speak. The only reason he apologized was because people freaked out.
 10-21-2012, 01:36 AM         #44
SteveBoogie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seriously who gives a fu*k who says an arbitrary word that the bleks use liberally in any context. Listen to any explicit podcast on itunes you will find the word n*gger on all of them because NOBODY GIVES A fu*k. and no, WHITE PEOPLE WITH ANY LEVERAGE DO NOT GIVE A fu*k.
 10-21-2012, 01:38 AM         #45
SteveBoogie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
Oh my god!

NOOOOOoooOOOOooOOOooo

Racists lost, them dudes are treated like child predators now. Who cares about derogatory terms anymore unless they're just needlessly taunted at someone. Tell me, why is Louis C.K. allowed to say it, and Chevy Chase isn't? No one gave Louie sh*t for that. There's no headlines, and gasps and apology sessions.

You see what I mean? This sh*t is ridiculous. Let's be real here, that's the same type context with Chevy Chase here. Chevy Chase was making fun of how one note and lame his character is, the guy's a comedian, he makes fun of things, he was making fun of his character being a one note bigot and how tired an act it was (not just to him, but he knows viewers think it's lame too.) Let that man speak. The only reason he apologized was because people freaked out.
Louie will never apologize to a f*ggot like you because you are a nobody.
 5 years ago '10        #46
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Rashad69 said:
Yeah, i can tell most of you n*ggas didn't read this article.
Pretty much.

I am not offended at the context. Do I think he could have found another way to to express his point. Of course. But its not like he called anyone a ****** or said anything offensive towards the black community.

"Community" is probably my favorite show on TV right now. So brilliant. Hope this doesn't end up effecting the last season
 5 years ago '04        #47
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
 Stupendamatic said:
You find it offensive he said "ni**er" instead of "n word" when the context he used it in was clearly non-malicious? So you're saying you're more offended by the word itself than the context it's used in.

It makes no sense to me, I may be one of the few but to me the tone and context of the usage should be more important than the word itself and the color of the person's skin saying it.
 5 years ago '05        #48
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
As a black(and half white) man, ive heard the term more times than i care to. My own Gma was slanging that sh*t around...

that word has no power unless you let it. Dude is tired of being portrayed as a bigot...fail to see the problem.
 5 years ago '04        #49
Jay_Smooth 
space
space
space
$174 | Props total: 1 1
This is not his first time saying the word...He said it on SNL years ago with Richard Pryor

10-21-2012, 04:05 AM         #50
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love this sucka a.ss mentality most of you have. Like, "you're giving the word power by being OFFENDED. Lol
Yet cant a nan muthafuhka explain why white folk just cant seem to NOT say the sh*t for whatever reason. Lol
Talking about the context. Muthafuhkas arent slow I get what he meant but why even go there?
Ever notice like every other month some white person of some sort of importance just finds a way to sneak n*gger into their vocabulary? Lol
Bet. DL Hughley said some funny sh*t about this stuff in his new sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #51
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 ManWithoutFear! said:
I love this sucka a.ss mentality most of you have. Like, "you're giving the word power by being OFFENDED. Lol
Yet cant a nan muthafuhka explain why white folk just cant seem to NOT say the sh*t for whatever reason. Lol
Talking about the context. Muthafuhkas arent slow I get what he meant but why even go there?
Ever notice like every other month some white person of some sort of importance just finds a way to sneak n*gger into their vocabulary? Lol
You ever been told to not say a word? Like maybe "fu*k", by your mom? Did you go and say it anyways?

Not sayin it's right, and I'm not black so I personally don't use the word because of the history behind it and the general hatred behind the word, but even with that it still annoys me to be told I can't say a word, whether I agree that it shouldn't be used or not.
 5 years ago '05        #52
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 ManWithoutFear! said:

A word is just that, a word. Offense is interpreted. If Donald Glover said it, no1 would care....yet, its the same word. "n-word" is just as offensive as N**** if you want it to be.

And as far as your comment regarding 'white folk'...you have a problem with a black person speaking the word? Highly doubtful. So ' cant a nan muthafuhka explain why black folk just cant seem to NOT say the sh*t'.

Last edited by astroblack9; 10-21-2012 at 04:31 AM..
 10-21-2012, 05:00 AM         #53
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kyh0mpb said:
You ever been told to not say a word? Like maybe "fu*k", by your mom? Did you go and say it anyways?

Not sayin it's right, and I'm not black so I personally don't use the word because of the history behind it and the general hatred behind the word, but even with that it still annoys me to be told I can't say a word, whether I agree that it shouldn't be used or not.
Oh so thats whats it is?

Unbelievable
 astroblack9 said:

A word is just that, a word. Offense is interpreted. If Donald Glover said it, no1 would care....yet, its the same word. "n-word" is just as offensive as N**** if you want it to be.

And as far as your comment regarding 'white folk'...you have a problem with a black person speaking the word? Highly doubtful. So ' cant a nan muthafuhka explain why black folk just cant seem to NOT say the sh*t'.
Nevermind. Fuhkit.
Why I cant do this sh*t no more. Its a free country say what you say.
Alls "IM SAYIN" is when you find yourself in hot sh*t over something you shouldnt have been saying in the 1st goddamn place aint nobody gonna wanna entertain that "but why can you say this but I cant" bs. C'mon man. Youre not stupid (I dont think) so you know what time it is with that word. You used it to put us down we flipped it. Is what it is. You want it back file a petition or something. I swear my grandfather would be rolling reading this comment. All the sh*t this muthafuhka went thru only to be fed this sh*t years later.

And the ol' "Do I have a problem with a black person saying it" argument. Lol
This logic is still being used? Respond how you want. Im done. Cause this bullsh*t wont end.
Peace
 5 years ago '07        #54
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0
He's mad I'd be too. His character hasn't receive any growth in years. Instead of becoming more tolerant, especially since his circle of friends is diverse and Donald Glover's characters actually live with him for a while you'd think his character would be less of an out-of-touch bigot instead with every episode he becomes more of a bigot. At times forgetting the lessons Pierce just learned a week ago.

And they know this they want him gone they know he doesn't like being a bigot and they're going to use this on some "He said a slur and halted production" sh*t. Ignoring the context just to get people focused on he said the N-word "oh my god!"

I can see shows like The View come Monday all over this buying right into this sh*t.
 5 years ago '07        #55
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0

Last edited by JaeNice; 10-21-2012 at 05:31 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #56
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,362 | Props total: 49 49
 Got Cheeve? said:
Oh my god!

NOOOOOoooOOOOooOOOooo

Louis C.K. gets me everytime with that stand up.

As for the word itself,context matters to me it wasn't meant an offensive way,therefore I don't take offense,and even if it was my skin is too thick to take offense to what is esentially just a word.
 5 years ago '11        #57
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Call me ****** if you wanna
And I'm run circles around yo a.ss like the Daytona - Willie d
Yell™
 5 years ago '07        #58
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
inb4thehighandalmightywhitepeopletellblackpeopleho wtofeel
 5 years ago '08        #59
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 Yung Dilla said:
Oh i see the context it was in and it wasn't racist

He's tired of his character being a bigot i get it..
Thanks for clearing that up...not so quick to say "fu*k chevy chase"but I see now..
 10-21-2012, 07:57 AM         #60
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
inb4thehighandalmightywhitepeopletellblackpeopleho wtofeel
You late than a mafuhka! Lmao
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
260 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
222 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy