Chevy Chase drops the N-Word on Community set. Production halted.

most viewed right now
 119
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 94
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 81
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-20-2012, 05:37 PM         #21
104  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupendamatic said:
You find it offensive he said "ni**er" instead of "n word" when the context he used it in was clearly non-malicious? So you're saying you're more offended by the word itself than the context it's used in.

It makes no sense to me, I may be one of the few but to me the tone and context of the usage should be more important than the word itself and the color of the person's skin saying it.
I didn't say I found it offensive. I said that had he used "n word" instead, it wouldn't have offended those that do find it offensive, while still getting his point across.

What you say may be logically sound from your pov, but everyone doesn't agree with you, nor do they have to. Chevy Chase (or any white person) throwing that word around is insensitive to them, so he should be prepared to face the repercussions if he spews it out on set. He's been around long enough to know that.


Last edited by 104; 10-20-2012 at 05:39 PM..
 10-20-2012, 05:47 PM         #22
Apostrophe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 36 Nine said:
I didn't say I found it offensive. I said that had he used "n word" instead, it wouldn't have offended those that do find it offensive, while still getting his point across.

What you say may be logically sound from your pov, but everyone doesn't agree with you, nor do they have to. Chevy Chase (or any white person) throwing that word around is insensitive to them, so he should be prepared to face the repercussions if he spews it out on set. He's been around long enough to know that.

True but that makes them over-sensitive pussies. AKA the people turning this country into a nation of weak little babies. If you lack the ability to discuss, or hear things discussed in an adult manner you need to grow the fu*k up. The world doesn't give a fu*k if your feelings get hurt.
 5 years ago '10        #23
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
meh.


better be on a gag reel.
 10-20-2012, 06:00 PM         #24
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Apostrophe said:
True but that makes them over-sensitive pussies. AKA the people turning this country into a nation of weak little babies. If you lack the ability to discuss, or hear things discussed in an adult manner you need to grow the fu*k up. The world doesn't give a fu*k if your feelings get hurt.
Ya don't say?
 5 years ago '05        #25
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
 36 Nine said:
I didn't say I found it offensive. I said that had he used "n word" instead, it wouldn't have offended those that do find it offensive, while still getting his point across.

What you say may be logically sound from your pov, but everyone doesn't agree with you, nor do they have to. Chevy Chase (or any white person) throwing that word around is insensitive to them, so he should be prepared to face the repercussions if he spews it out on set. He's been around long enough to know that.
Obviously.

How does logic change in this situation from your POV? If we judge everything else that is said in any other situation by the context, tone, and manner it is said or used in what makes this any different? I'll answer that for you, emotion. People let their emotions take over and ignore what they otherwise would not have an issue with.

Let me give you two scenarios

A. A history professor is giving a lecture on slavery and goes into discussion about how the word ni**er originated and became a derogatory term used towards black people.

B. A car is going down the road and is cut off by another driver who happens to be black, the first driver who has just been cut off yells out "fu*k you ni**er".

Do you find both these scenarios equally offensive? If not why?
 5 years ago '10        #26
phillyfirst215 
space
avatar space
space
$267 | Props total: 6 6
The story I read said that he was frustrated with his character being such a bigot and he yelled The next thing you know they're gonna have me calling Yvette and Donald n!ggers
 10-20-2012, 06:20 PM         #27
104  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupendamatic said:
Obviously.

How does logic change in this situation from your POV? If we judge everything else that is said in any other situation by the context, tone, and manner it is said or used in what makes this any different? I'll answer that for you, emotion. People let their emotions take over and ignore what they otherwise would not have an issue with.

Let me give you two scenarios

A. A history professor is giving a lecture on slavery and goes into discussion about how the word ni**er originated and became a derogatory term used towards black people.

B. A car is going down the road and is cut off by another driver who happens to be black, the first driver who has just been cut off yells out "fu*k you ni**er".

Do you find both these scenarios equally offensive? If not why?
Bruh, save it. I get all of that. My point remains: everyone doesn't feel the same way, and it's insensitive to those that feel differently to pretend otherwise.

I'm not speaking about how I personally feel; I'm saying that we should respect that people feel differently. Many people simply aren't constituted to view the world through such a rational filter.
 10-20-2012, 06:23 PM         #28
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupendamatic said:
Obviously.

How does logic change in this situation from your POV? If we judge everything else that is said in any other situation by the context, tone, and manner it is said or used in what makes this any different? I'll answer that for you, emotion. People let their emotions take over and ignore what they otherwise would not have an issue with.

Let me give you two scenarios

A. A history professor is giving a lecture on slavery and goes into discussion about how the word ni**er originated and became a derogatory term used towards black people.

B. A car is going down the road and is cut off by another driver who happens to be black, the first driver who has just been cut off yells out "fu*k you ni**er".

Do you find both these scenarios equally offensive? If not why?
The idea that white ppl still fix their face to even say the sh*t (for whatever reason) is a mystery in itself to me. Nothing good ever comes out of it. So why even go there?
Why? What is it about ****** & its many variations that fascinates white ppl so goddamn much? Fuhk whos sensitive & whos not. Just dont say it. Theres adults in this thread right? A muthafuhka tells you not to put your hand on that hot stove you still have an overwhelming urge to wanna touch the sh*t? Lol
Dont say ******
Dont say f*ggot
& whatever you do dont say f*ggot a.ss ******.
I promised myself I wouldnt entertain these discussions anymore smh shame on me.
 5 years ago '12        #29
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$20,813 | Props total: 1727 1727
Yeah, I remember Chevy saying before the only reason he still hasnt left the show is because he likes the cast. Besides that, i think he hates everything else about the show. We know he didnt like Dan Harmon.
 5 years ago '04        #30
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
did he say ****** with a hard r
 5 years ago '06        #31
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$8,412 | Props total: 102 102
 MosDefinition said:
did he say ****** with a hard r
 10-20-2012, 07:44 PM         #32
MoP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only funny scene I can remember with chevy was when he was reading Jeff's mind.
 5 years ago '05        #33
GST 
space
avatar space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2402 2402
i'm lost...he was struggling with his character's dialogue .... where does ****** fit in the equa ?tion
 5 years ago '10        #34
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,284 | Props total: 7625 7625
 Yung Dilla said:
Oh i see the context it was in and it wasn't racist



He's tired of his character being a bigot i get it..
Yet now a days when people say f*ggot in the media which is usually not in the context of calling a gay person that. They still get in huge problems right, so dont gave this fool a pass.
 10-20-2012, 07:59 PM         #35
CS35  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who gives a fu*k if he weren't sayin it towards anybody
 10-20-2012, 07:59 PM         #36
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Boo The Fool said:

[pic - click to view]




[video - click to view]


classic
 10-20-2012, 08:16 PM         #37
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From everything I've seen on this he wasn't just throwing the word around recklessly. It was as a major part of his argument, that he didn't like the direction they were taking his character, having him say more and more racist and outrageous things on the show.

And so he said that the natural evolution would be what? To have him actually call one of the black cast mates the N word?

In that context, it's not as bad as people are making it out, and nothing like the way the headlines make it seem.
 10-20-2012, 08:18 PM         #38
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jmheight1 said:
Yet now a days when people say f*ggot in the media which is usually not in the context of calling a gay person that. They still get in huge problems right, so dont gave this fool a pass.
Not even REMOTELY close to the same got damn thing and you fu*king know it. How stupid can someone be?

Chase was lamenting the extreme racism that the character is spewing, and criticized it by sarcastically asking if the next step was to have him actually refer to someone as the N word.

Unless these people who are saying "f*ggot" in the media, are doing so to criticize the use of that word, or the homophobic attitudes, then it's not the same thing.

Moron.
 5 years ago '04        #39
babalou 
space
avatar space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
lol @ being so frustrated that the first word you could think to express your anger at your own self is the N word.
 5 years ago '04        #40
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,173 | Props total: 2466 2466
Yeah, i can tell most of you n*ggas didn't read this article.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 24
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 21
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy