Which actor has done the best job portraying a superhero in the current era?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Twitter exposed SZA as FAKE Again ( CAREER FINALLY OVER?)
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Yo wtf is Jim Jones wearing??This a grown man??
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T.I. and Rihanna playing Illuminati games
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Deadpool 2 chokes at the Box Office. Underperming at 125 mil
80 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #81
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,746 | Props total: 188 188
1. Robert Downey
2. Hugh Jackman
3. Hugo Weaving (V for vendetta) or Christian Bale
 6 years ago '11        #82
The Rhyming Ape 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,776 | Props total: 29415 29415
 Cutty Olds said:
Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
Wesley Snipes as Blade

Hugh Jackman is a TRERRIBLE Wolverine...he's too tall...he's not broad and muscular enough either...wolverine is a short fu*king tank with a the worst natural hair pattern in comic history! Lol

Stallone would be a nice choice for wolverine if he wasn't as old as he is but could swell up like he did in that last Rambo or Bruce Willis if he was c*cked diesel and a few years younger

so let me get this straight. One of the most consistent most versatile actors of our day hugh jackman couldnt play wolverine bc he was "too tall" but stallone could?? isnt stallone taller than jackman? Sit yo dumb a.ss down.
 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM         #83
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:
Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
Wesley Snipes as Blade

Hugh Jackman is a TRERRIBLE Wolverine...he's too tall...he's not broad and muscular enough either...wolverine is a short fu*king tank with a the worst natural hair pattern in comic history! Lol

Stallone would be a nice choice for wolverine if he wasn't as old as he is but could swell up like he did in that last Rambo or Bruce Willis if he was c*cked diesel and a few years younger
 6 years ago '04        #84
albemarle 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,175 | Props total: 511 511
RDJ and the lil girl from kick a.ss
 6 years ago '06        #85
StraightUp99 
space
space
space
$1,207 | Props total: 0 0
The new spiderman guy, Hugh and RDJ
 6 years ago '05        #86
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
surprisingly Chris Hemsworth - THOR
 6 years ago '09        #87
ImAMonster 418 heat pts418
space
space
$37,900 | Props total: 11822 11822
My Nomination:

[pic - click to view]

Wait if we're basing this off comic book superheros than fu*k y'all...He portrayed a superhero. Gives no fu*k.
 6 years ago '08        #88
BRonin357 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,137 | Props total: 1794 1794
Patrick Stewart as Prof. X
 6 years ago '05        #89
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
1. RDJ as IronMan obviously
2. Edward Norton as Hulk
3. Bale as Batman (I'll say again the only actor where you wouldn't be in a movie & look at him as Bruce Wayne and think "That guy's gotta be Batman!"

Hugh as Wolverine never caught on for me. The ONLY portrayal on screen of a character that I would accept as Wolverine is if they got Mickey Rourke to reprise his role as Marv from Sin City only smaller, with a mask and claws.
 6 years ago '05        #90
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
space
$14,262 | Props total: 5379 5379
 grydlok said:
You mean Blade
No, I mean "Wolverine". Blade got the ball rolling, but lets be real, not alot of the common audience even knew who Blade was in that first movie. So, they went to see it as just another vampire action/horror film.

X-Men is VERY iconic, and known the world over, while Blade (sorry) just wasn't. So, I still say it was Wolverine. People could buy Blade, because not many folks connected him with the comics. While X-Men had vastly more strikes against it as an entity.
 10-22-2012, 03:52 PM         #91
BigGreasyDeush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G Code said:
Dude who played Rorschach from watchmen

Did i just see Hugh jackman? Lol
Dude who played Rorschach was Jackie Earl Haley he has to be my favorite.
 6 years ago '07        #92
CadillacVyse 1012 heat pts1012
space
space
$28,656 | Props total: 20746 20746
I think i need to watch the nolan batman movies again. I have never viewed bale as a great batman. good but not great. he has never captivated me in the movies. the movies were great..but i always thought bale was merely good.
 6 years ago '07        #93
Jayceon 498 heat pts498 OP
space
space
$27,832 | Props total: 1328 1328
^I've thought about Bale as batman. and within the arc of nolan's "batman finding/solidifying himself" he was great. bruce wayne was a lost man. bale nailed that aspect of a younger bruce. just making him a straight genius while simultaneously portraying this persona. people see wayne as a pretty one dimensional guy. they would never expect him to be the bat. he's just some rich kid on the hill whose parents died. the same way people underestimated the characters depth, I think bale did a lot more work as an actor than is immediate to the eye. when it was all said and done, I'd say he nailed NOLAN'S batman/bruce perfectly. I just don't think Nolan's bruce/bat is what everyone wanted/expected.

in summary, I think what made bale great was that he made the AUDIENCE feel about bruce what most of the characters themselves were written to feel about bruce.

BRonin357 said:
Patrick Stewart as Prof. X
can't front on this being anyone's first choice. patrick stewart is professor x. period.

Last edited by Jayceon; 10-22-2012 at 07:52 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #94
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
 Young_Impetuous said:
^I've thought about Bale as batman. and within the arc of nolan's "batman finding/solidifying himself" he was great. bruce wayne was a lost man. bale nailed that aspect of a younger bruce. just making him a straight genius while simultaneously portraying this persona. people see wayne as a pretty one dimensional guy. they would never expect him to be the bat. he's just some rich kid on the hill whose parents died. the same way people underestimated the characters depth, I think bale did a lot more work as an actor than is immediate to the eye. when it was all said and done, I'd say he nailed NOLAN'S batman/bruce perfectly. I just don't think Nolan's bruce/bat is what everyone wanted/expected.

in summary, I think what made bale great was that he made the AUDIENCE feel about bruce what most of the characters themselves were written to feel about bruce.
Exactly...people like Bale's Bruce Wayne but they don't like his Batman, which proves the point, that Bale is the only one so far who has successfully played the character as two "separate" characters and not just play Batman the whole time, sometimes in a mask and sometimes not.

One of the main points of the trilogy is that Bruce is the character, Batman is just the mask that he puts on. That makes "Batman" actually the more one-dimensional of the two even though Bruce has to APPEAR to be one-dimensional in some scenes, and not so in others.

All in all that's three characters in one, a man with moral depth who plays a soulless billionaire at times and a symbol against evil at others. All in all that takes a lot more acting than most ppl apparently want to admit.
 6 years ago '11        #95
whothebestmc 99 heat pts99
space
space
$20,243 | Props total: 10654 10654
everybody just gonna sleep on my man will smith?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #96
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 6 6

[pic - click to view]

RDJ as Tony Stark ... enough said
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
105 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
32 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Yo.. this SWATTing sh-t is HILARIOUS :dead2:
146 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
41 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Big t1ttied Korean rapper ready for all the smoke
86 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy