Which actor has done the best job portraying a superhero in the current era?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #81
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
1. Robert Downey
2. Hugh Jackman
3. Hugo Weaving (V for vendetta) or Christian Bale
 5 years ago '11        #82
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,207 | Props total: 24677 24677
 Cutty Olds said:
Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
Wesley Snipes as Blade

Hugh Jackman is a TRERRIBLE Wolverine...he's too tall...he's not broad and muscular enough either...wolverine is a short fu*king tank with a the worst natural hair pattern in comic history! Lol

Stallone would be a nice choice for wolverine if he wasn't as old as he is but could swell up like he did in that last Rambo or Bruce Willis if he was c*cked diesel and a few years younger

so let me get this straight. One of the most consistent most versatile actors of our day hugh jackman couldnt play wolverine bc he was "too tall" but stallone could?? isnt stallone taller than jackman? Sit yo dumb a.ss down.
 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM         #83
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:
Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
Wesley Snipes as Blade

Hugh Jackman is a TRERRIBLE Wolverine...he's too tall...he's not broad and muscular enough either...wolverine is a short fu*king tank with a the worst natural hair pattern in comic history! Lol

Stallone would be a nice choice for wolverine if he wasn't as old as he is but could swell up like he did in that last Rambo or Bruce Willis if he was c*cked diesel and a few years younger
 5 years ago '04        #84
albemarle 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,141 | Props total: 444 444
RDJ and the lil girl from kick a.ss
 5 years ago '06        #85
StraightUp99 
space
space
space
$1,204 | Props total: 0 0
The new spiderman guy, Hugh and RDJ
 5 years ago '05        #86
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
surprisingly Chris Hemsworth - THOR
 5 years ago '09        #87
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,395 | Props total: 10496 10496
My Nomination:

[pic - click to view]

Wait if we're basing this off comic book superheros than fu*k y'all...He portrayed a superhero. Gives no fu*k.
 5 years ago '08        #88
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,873 | Props total: 1153 1153
Patrick Stewart as Prof. X
 5 years ago '05        #89
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
1. RDJ as IronMan obviously
2. Edward Norton as Hulk
3. Bale as Batman (I'll say again the only actor where you wouldn't be in a movie & look at him as Bruce Wayne and think "That guy's gotta be Batman!"

Hugh as Wolverine never caught on for me. The ONLY portrayal on screen of a character that I would accept as Wolverine is if they got Mickey Rourke to reprise his role as Marv from Sin City only smaller, with a mask and claws.
 5 years ago '05        #90
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 grydlok said:
You mean Blade
No, I mean "Wolverine". Blade got the ball rolling, but lets be real, not alot of the common audience even knew who Blade was in that first movie. So, they went to see it as just another vampire action/horror film.

X-Men is VERY iconic, and known the world over, while Blade (sorry) just wasn't. So, I still say it was Wolverine. People could buy Blade, because not many folks connected him with the comics. While X-Men had vastly more strikes against it as an entity.
 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM         #91
BigGreasyDeush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G Code said:
Dude who played Rorschach from watchmen

Did i just see Hugh jackman? Lol
Dude who played Rorschach was Jackie Earl Haley he has to be my favorite.
 5 years ago '07        #92
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,639 | Props total: 16731 16731
I think i need to watch the nolan batman movies again. I have never viewed bale as a great batman. good but not great. he has never captivated me in the movies. the movies were great..but i always thought bale was merely good.
 5 years ago '07        #93
Jayceon 492 heat pts492 OP
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 907 907
^I've thought about Bale as batman. and within the arc of nolan's "batman finding/solidifying himself" he was great. bruce wayne was a lost man. bale nailed that aspect of a younger bruce. just making him a straight genius while simultaneously portraying this persona. people see wayne as a pretty one dimensional guy. they would never expect him to be the bat. he's just some rich kid on the hill whose parents died. the same way people underestimated the characters depth, I think bale did a lot more work as an actor than is immediate to the eye. when it was all said and done, I'd say he nailed NOLAN'S batman/bruce perfectly. I just don't think Nolan's bruce/bat is what everyone wanted/expected.

in summary, I think what made bale great was that he made the AUDIENCE feel about bruce what most of the characters themselves were written to feel about bruce.

BRonin357 said:
Patrick Stewart as Prof. X
can't front on this being anyone's first choice. patrick stewart is professor x. period.

Last edited by Jayceon; 10-22-2012 at 08:52 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #94
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
 Young_Impetuous said:
^I've thought about Bale as batman. and within the arc of nolan's "batman finding/solidifying himself" he was great. bruce wayne was a lost man. bale nailed that aspect of a younger bruce. just making him a straight genius while simultaneously portraying this persona. people see wayne as a pretty one dimensional guy. they would never expect him to be the bat. he's just some rich kid on the hill whose parents died. the same way people underestimated the characters depth, I think bale did a lot more work as an actor than is immediate to the eye. when it was all said and done, I'd say he nailed NOLAN'S batman/bruce perfectly. I just don't think Nolan's bruce/bat is what everyone wanted/expected.

in summary, I think what made bale great was that he made the AUDIENCE feel about bruce what most of the characters themselves were written to feel about bruce.
Exactly...people like Bale's Bruce Wayne but they don't like his Batman, which proves the point, that Bale is the only one so far who has successfully played the character as two "separate" characters and not just play Batman the whole time, sometimes in a mask and sometimes not.

One of the main points of the trilogy is that Bruce is the character, Batman is just the mask that he puts on. That makes "Batman" actually the more one-dimensional of the two even though Bruce has to APPEAR to be one-dimensional in some scenes, and not so in others.

All in all that's three characters in one, a man with moral depth who plays a soulless billionaire at times and a symbol against evil at others. All in all that takes a lot more acting than most ppl apparently want to admit.
 5 years ago '11        #95
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,556 | Props total: 9458 9458
everybody just gonna sleep on my man will smith?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #96
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5

[pic - click to view]

RDJ as Tony Stark ... enough said
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago