1LynguisticMind's Review Of Kendrick Lamar's "Good Kid, M.A.A.D City" (4.2/5)

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2530 2530
man i was like this n*gga garbage i hate his flow. played track one and before i realized it i was at track 10. this shyt is nice AF.

just what the game needed. An to think i actually gave Gucci a try with trap god after the Truth track...

5 years ago '10        #22
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 6234 6234
 kevante said:
Most overhyped album ever. I knew I was going to be disappointed, but I'm not feeling it that much. Guess I just don't like Kendrick's style too much I'll give it another listen before I condemn the album though

5 years ago '05        #23
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 jt satan said:
i still think the recipe is just an average song
word me too, just can't get into it at all.
 5 years ago '05        #24
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
I don't think a song by song review can do this album justice at all.
 5 years ago '07        #25
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 907 907

5 years ago '11        #26
April Babii 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 235 235
I might be biased. Been fu*kin wit kendrick before the xxl cover. Put a couple of my homies on dude too. Liked the album initially. Rode to it to and from work, sh*t got better and better as I listened to it 2 or 3 times. Strong a.ss debut, didn't dissapoint at all. Dope concept, great execution.

Sad thing is, most young cats hate to hear anything resembling something positive.

4.5/5. First physical copy I'm copping in forever.
 5 years ago '12        #27
sigNN 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,924 | Props total: 3893 3893
 Young_Impetuous said:

i havent listened to it yet until now heard that "real" track didnt care much for the song but what made the song dope was his parents in the end
 5 years ago '11        #28
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,831 | Props total: 5176 5176
sh*t is simply amazing
 5 years ago '04        #29
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
The most cohesive album I've heard in YEARS...... you cannot name one person (aside from Nas) right

now who can put it all together like this. The album forces you to listen more than once because you

cannot piece together the whole story in one listen. Everything flows so smoothly that you turn it on

and before you know it your at track 8. I disagree with the skits being too lengthy, but its just my

opinion. They are what really brings the album together, other than that great review sir. 5/5 in my

book tho
 5 years ago '04        #30
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 1608 1608
then Alien voice is his swag guy, damn n*ggas always gotta complain about the one thing that makes a rapper ACTUALLY original
 5 years ago '04        #31
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
so does anybody know what MAAD stands for yet?
 10-20-2012, 01:11 PM         #32
Kreemy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DSOM said:
so does anybody know what MAAD stands for yet?
"my angry adolescence divided"

5 years ago '09        #33
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,209 | Props total: 19306 19306
 Kreemy said:
"my angry adolescence divided"

that makes more sense then the angel dust sh*t and Arron Afflalo lol

Last edited by thegoldenhero; 10-20-2012 at 01:20 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #34
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
I didnt like Backseat freestyle when the song leaked, but when you hear it with the rest of the album its dope. I think alot of the songs on the album are like that. Individually, the songs arent that great, but collectively & with the interludes connecting the songs, its a really good album.
 5 years ago '04        #35
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1904 1904
Good review. DOPE album.

Last edited by Scream @ Me; 10-25-2012 at 03:54 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #36
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1142 1142
 5 years ago '07        #37
space
space
 Scream @ Me said:
Good review, brutha. While I agree it's a good album, I'm not sure if I'd give it a 4.anything, or four at all for that matter - probably about a 3.5. Why? Because, as I said I feel it's a GOOD album, not a great- solid one like I expected. Like I was anticipating. Like he was ampin' it up to me. Son called this "The Greatest Rap Album done in the the last 20 years"; now, it's cool to have confidence and believe in your 'art' - but with that statement like that you yourself raise the bar high, and in turn gotta deliver and through; ....not hand this out.

I skip a few tracks (namely Poetic Justice, cannot stand that track). Like a few tracks. Love a few, but ...idk, man. I'm not impressed much. I picked up listenin' to Kendrick during the EP/Overly Dedicated days, THAT's the heat I was lookin' for. Something like that.
i believe the hype caused many to be disappointed. being an avid boxden user, seeing these fan boys hype it up was sickening cause formulated a negative view for a lot of other posters.

is it a great album? yes.

is it album of the year? no.
 5 years ago '05        #38
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Scream @ Me said:
Good review, brutha. While I agree it's a good album, I'm not sure if I'd give it a 4.anything, or four at all for that matter - probably about a 3.5. Why? Because, as I said I feel it's a GOOD album, not a great- solid one like I expected. Like I was anticipating. Like he was ampin' it up to me. Son called this "The Greatest Rap Album done in the the last 20 years"; now, it's cool to have confidence and believe in your 'art' - but with that statement like that you yourself raise the bar high, and in turn gotta deliver and through; ....not hand this out.

I skip a few tracks (namely Poetic Justice, cannot stand that track). Like a few tracks. Love a few, but ...idk, man. I'm not impressed much. I picked up listenin' to Kendrick during the EP/Overly Dedicated days, THAT's the heat I was lookin' for. Something like that.
Your opinion and that's cool, but I just don't see how this isn't better than everything he's done. It's so much more cohesive than the EP and OD, and even S.80, but with the same quality of lyrics with even better beats.
 5 years ago '07        #39
space
space
gets better with every listen
 5 years ago '11        #40
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1191 1191
 1LynguisticMind said:
i believe the hype caused many to be disappointed. being an avid boxden user, seeing these fan boys hype it up was sickening cause formulated a negative view for a lot of other posters.

is it a great album? yes.

is it album of the year? no.
See that's based on opinion, LIG got a lot of play when it 1st came out but nowhere near the amount GKMC has been getting from me.

I don't see how it makes someone a sheep if they think GKMC was better and AOTY cause it was a great album.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
29 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
280 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
135 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
67 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
43 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
114 comments
1 day ago