Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
30 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #1
15368 pageviews
101 comments

messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536
space
space
$54,131 | Props total: 67653 67653
Oct 18 - Why Flamin' Hot Cheetos are sending kids to ER

[pic - click to view]

Why Flamin' Hot Cheetos are sending kids to ER - CBS News

[pic - click to view]

It's not only the schools: Some doctors are taking issue with Flamin' Hot Cheetos because they are leading to unnecessary emergency room visits.

Several school districts in New Mexico, California and Illinois have made the move to ban the snacks from their campuses because they lack nutritional value, and research suggests the snacks may create a brain response similar to what is seen in individuals who are addicted to illicit substances. But, medical professionals are saying there's other health fears a.ssociated with the snack that are leading to doctor's visits.

Because the spicy snack contains a lot of red food dye, it can turn the stools of people who eat large quantities red or orange. Parents and kids may mistakenly a.ssume that it is a sign of blood in the stool, leading to panicked trip to the hospital.

The good news is that nothing is probably wrong, according to experts.

"Food such as beets or red peppers can make stool appear red, however it is not actually blood in the stool," Dr. Robert Glatter, an emergency medicine physician for Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, told CBSNews.com.

Other foods with dyes that have also been reported to cause red stool include the dye found in red velvet cake.

But, St. Louis Children's Hospital pediatrician Dr. Kathleen Berchelmann pointed out to CBS station KMOX-TV in St. Louis, Mo. that you have to eat quite a bit of the red snack to see red in your stool. It may be it may be a sign of another health risk -- over-eating.

"So even though we might eat some foods with red food dye in them regularly, our stool doesn't usually become discolored unless you eat huge amounts of it," Berchelmann said. "Flamin' Hot Cheetos is one food that people will eat enormous amounts of and will see a change in their stool."

Glatter said that active bleeding from the upper gastrointestinal tract -- which includes the esophagus, stomach, duodenum and the first portion of the small bowel -- actually leads to stool that is black in color. Bleeding from the lower gastrointestinal tract, which includes the most of the small intestine, tends to be bright red or maroon in color.

To confirm if you are bleeding, doctors will run a fecal occult blood test. There are some other foods that can cause a false positive for blood in stool, including red meat, melons, (including cantaloupe), figs, horseradish, cauliflower, turnips and radishes so if you have been eating a lot of these items be sure to tell your doctor.

But red stool isn't the only problem that is sending kids who eat Flamin' Hot Cheetos to the ER.

"A number of patients who have consumed these Cheetos in excess have complained of pain in their upper abdomen, rising up into their chest, likely due to due to the red peppers and spice contained in the snack," Glatter said.

He warned that people with a history of GERD or gastroesophageal reflux -- which may cause heartburn and acid reflux -- should avoid the spicy treat because it can lead to a flare-up of their conditions.

101 comments for "Oct 18 - Why Flamin' Hot Cheetos are sending kids to ER"

5 years ago '04        #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
But a few years ago, an analysis of 21 of the most conclusive studies found compelling evidence that, indeed, artificial dyes could contribute to hyperactivity, restlessness, and attention problems in some children – particularly those with ADHD. What's more, the studies suggested that removing dyes from those children's diet was a quarter to half as effective in reducing those symptoms as giving the kids Ritalin or other stimulants. In other words, certain kids with ADHD might not need drugs if the artificial dyes were removed from their diets.

5 years ago '04        #3
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
But a few years ago, an analysis of 21 of the most conclusive studies found compelling evidence that, indeed, artificial dyes could contribute to hyperactivity, restlessness, and attention problems in some children – particularly those with ADHD. What's more, the studies suggested that removing dyes from those children's diet was a quarter to half as effective in reducing those symptoms as giving the kids Ritalin or other stimulants. In other words, certain kids with ADHD might not need drugs if the artificial dyes were removed from their diets.

This and when I mention things like this to the Flamin Hot diet childrens' parents, they all but laugh in my face.........Tried to tell em.......
 5 years ago '05        #4
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7021 7021
cats never watched the episode of magic school bus when Arnold turned orange?

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #5
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,485 | Props total: 2834 2834
 Based_One said:
cats never watched the episode of magic school bus when Arnold turned orange?

[pic - click to view]

As i was reading the article......this was what popped in my head. You sir....got props
Fuggdese Hoes gave props

5 years ago '11        #6
Slingy 56 heat pts56
space
space
$4,373 | Props total: 2814 2814
Takis give you some mad firehole
 5 years ago '06        #7
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
They got extra hot now or justa new name?
 5 years ago '12        #8
Nemorum 7 heat pts
space
space
$492 | Props total: 67 67
 991 said:
They got extra hot now or justa new name?
Those been around for a minute I know they used to sell em around here when I was little but, for some reason got discontinued.
 5 years ago '04        #9
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
When I was in school people used to eat these damn things uncontrollably. Like, always see them with a bag and refusing the school lunch just so they could eat their flaming hots. You have to be crazy to pass up on your basic nutritional needs like that. Hope all of em got burning b00ty holes after eating all that garbage.
 5 years ago '09        #10
messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536 OP
space
space
$54,131 | Props total: 67653 67653
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

eating hot cheetos > takin ritalin anyday of the week
 5 years ago '04        #11
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

didn't know yet not surprised. all the sh*t that they put in the food is no good for you, most people just eat it cuz it tastes good.

CA$H MONEY said:
This and when I mention things like this to the Flamin Hot diet childrens' parents, they all but laugh in my face.........Tried to tell em.......
women don't like to listen too tough. especially black women. i have convos all the time about this to young women, mothers, and they just can't hear anything other than what they already know. even if you bring all kinds of facts to the situation. i know what i eat. you can lead a horse to water but you can't it make it drink it especially if it's not thirsty or if it just finished drinking some kool aid.
Fuggdese Hoes slapped this ish

5 years ago '12        #12
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,860 | Props total: 22206 22206
Brb I need to try these.
 5 years ago '06        #13
backtrack 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,765 | Props total: 451 451
 getyagameup said:
didn't know yet not surprised. all the sh*t that they put in the food is no good for you, most people just eat it cuz it tastes good.

women don't like to listen too tough. especially black women. i have convos all the time about this to young women, mothers, and they just can't hear anything other than what they already know. even if you bring all kinds of facts to the situation. i know what i eat. you can lead a horse to water but you can't it make it drink it especially if it's not thirsty or if it just finished drinking some kool aid.
Exactly..then they wonder why they have all these health problems later in life
 5 years ago '04        #14
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,369 | Props total: 301 301
da fk i aint never seen xtra hot
 5 years ago '04        #15
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
I'll stick to Hot Fries...Andy Capp got that work.
 5 years ago '06        #16
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,547 | Props total: 6806 6806
them sh*ts arent even that hot to me
 5 years ago '04        #17
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
 messy marv stan said:
eating hot cheetos > takin ritalin anyday of the week
LOL flamin hot cheetos are what cause the issues you need ritalin for.
 5 years ago '06        #18
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18975 18975
more poison...

and EVERYONE in the hood be eatin these sh*ts too..

fu*king, ppl need to curb the bullsh*t they let their children consume... it's all sodium, fat, preservatives, dye and death..
 5 years ago '06        #19
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,486 | Props total: 735 735
i used to eat this sht all the time in high school until i figured out that sht was making my skin break out
 5 years ago '10        #20
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 Floeji said:
I'll stick to Hot Fries...Andy Capp got that work.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy