The Verdict Is In: Good kid, M.A.A.D city is...

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #121
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,752 | Props total: 3689 3689
 FreshAsFrankie said:
classic i need the cd and cover in my collection
this
 5 years ago '04        #122
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
calling it a classic within 24 hours. New n*ggas.
 5 years ago '07        #123
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 creep said:
calling it a classic within 24 hours. New n*ggas.
Been listening to Kdot since training day and he's only gotten better.

We can use the term instant classic in sports but not in music??
 5 years ago '12        #124
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 KnicksLost said:
Been listening to Kdot since training day and he's only gotten better.

We can use the term instant classic in sports but not in music??

Absolutely. That's a Terrible comparison man.
 5 years ago '07        #125
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,323 | Props total: 1109 1109
Yall in here comparing this sh*t to life is good ? that sh*t was trash... Haven't listened to Kendricks new joint yet but im sure it wont disappoint.. yall BX n*ggas man throw that classic label around to much...
 5 years ago '07        #126
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
 1994Nuisance said:

Here we go with sh*t
n*gga you got Wiz in your avy
 10-18-2012, 08:11 PM         #127
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After listening to it 6 times I have to say it is a classic. Absolutely fantastic story, great rhymes, solid production and just a solid overall piece.

Excellent
 5 years ago '11        #128
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Ant McQueen said:
Here's what I think.

TM 101 had a bigger influence on how a lot of Southern rappers made records. Around the time that album came out a lot of those guys were making Snap records and Crunk records. TM 101 contributed to the departure from those types of records.

Adlibs were always a part of Rap records, but Jeezy made it a focus. After, TM 101 it got to a point where adlibs were damn near as important as the lyrics themselves. He kind of brought the " trademark back ".

That album also helped usher in the " Trap " era of production. Shawty Redd, Drumma Boy, etc created a lane for guys like Zaythoven, Lil' Lody, Lex Luger, Young Chop, etc. Trap is still prominent today. Turn on your radio and you'd be hard pressed to not hear a Trap or Trap-influenced song in rotation.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin' just sold TONS of copies. But it didn't really provide that much of a spark or open any lanes (within the genre). That's not to say that 50 didn't have influence whatsoever. I'd be lying if I were to say that. Where he was most influential was in the mixtape circuit (which I believe he revolutionized). I believe NOBODY has made more of an impact in that aspect of Rap/the industry than 50.

Just my opinion.
Jeezy in general had a big influence on how hip hop is today. I've been trying to stress to n*ggas how Ross has been using Jeezy's formula from The Recession for 3 years now. and that's so crazy. That's why Jeezy called him out the first time. He realized this n*gga was trying to be him. When did Ross get hot? When he slowed down his flow, worked and added on ad-libs, and started rappin over dark trap beats. n*gga basically emulated Jeezy. Now everyone does that.

Jeezy had moved away from that style cause everyone took it, but he's gettin back to it now cause he honestly does it the best. That's why that Get Right track sounded like that. I also feel Jeezy changed his stuff from Come Shop Wit Me, to TM101 being influenced by what TI and Toomp was doing. Had a argument on KTT about this and dudes doubted me. I told them you can tell Shawty Redd and Jeezy were going after TI and Toomp's kind of sound. My Hood sounds just like Rubberband Man so I don't know how anyone would miss that, but whatever. Jeezy didn't do it like how Ross did tho. Jeezy stayed original while incorportaing that style into his sound. Ross just jacked it. Straight jacked it.
 5 years ago '11        #129
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
someone send me a link tho, y'all bein mad selfish. fu*k is wrong with y'all this time around? y'all aint been hoarding links
 5 years ago '09        #130
59fifty 
space
space
$22,671 | Props total: 10143 10143
imo 2012 has several 5/5 albums, but this sh*t is above the rest...idgaf 2012 is just as good as any year in da 90s....how anybody can say rap is dead is crazy unless they have no access to da net, listen to radio still, watch 106 n go to clubs
 5 years ago '06        #131
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,329 | Props total: 219 219
Aight, after a many listens since the leak i'd say its Solid...nothing classical (at this point) but without a doubt a Solid Gold album 4 weeks in after release. Only flaws i peeped were the hooks on a couple cuts (Real and Good Kid) other than that, everything is everything.

Lyrics-CRAzy
Energy-Amazing
Storyline-Empowering
Production-Insane
 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM         #132
THNKS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a concept album...but its a pretty obvious concept...the concept is himself! ok beats in my opinion(7.5 out of 10)...feel like the beats regressed! flow and lyrics were cool...satisfactory coming from KL....

but the ground didnt break at all from any single, or early release! you need those to even be considered a classic. theres a lack of thought out music in the rap game, but this is just a small reminder of what hip-hop can and will be...when people stop conforming for money and lose all formulas.
 5 years ago '04        #133
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
 ImInHerMouth said:
someone send me a link tho, y'all bein mad selfish. fu*k is wrong with y'all this time around? y'all aint been hoarding links
You cant find the jukebox?
 5 years ago '09        #134
59fifty 
space
space
 creep said:
Is man w iron fists in there yet? I would check myself but im on my phone n dis sh*t actin up(cant wait 4 my upgrade nxt month....eva since dey started dat android sh*t every phone i had starts trippin after a month smh)

Last edited by 59fifty; 10-18-2012 at 09:14 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #135
59fifty 
space
space
I neva related to any album as much as this sh*t...n ya know wutz sooo good bout dis sh*t is datg it has substance, story tellin,ill a.ss lyrics........but it still rides...ima jerz n*gga but i grew upg inda south jus as much as jerz so i still gotta have dat knock/bounce/vibe to my sh*t n gkmc doesnt lose dat...dis might be fav album eva bcuz itz a perfect example of balance n aint datz been da biggest complaint in rap since bac in day

Wow kdot jumped waaay da fu*k up my list after dis sh*t here

backseat freestyle jus came on dat sh*t gets me crunk
 5 years ago '05        #136
Kahlil Illah 1 heat pts
space
space
$788 | Props total: 18 18
Better than most albums released in the past few years.. Too early to label a "classic" but it's a banger top to bottom.. Definitely purchasable.
 5 years ago '04        #137
Capimp 
space
space
$5,089 | Props total: 3748 3748
 59fifty said:
imo 2012 has several 5/5 albums, but this sh*t is above the rest...idgaf 2012 is just as good as any year in da 90s....how anybody can say rap is dead is crazy unless they have no access to da net, listen to radio still, watch 106 n go to clubs
this has been a decent year but 94,95, and 96 are far beyond this year in terms of classics alone.
 5 years ago '07        #138
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
 1994Nuisance said:

The fu*k that got to do with what I said??

The album dope but not no damn classic

Now tell your mother to quit burning my food. Next time Im sending that bi*ch back to the animal shelter
Ur opinion is irrelevant u praise garbage rappers... With that being said Kendrick is dope some powerful a.ss songs on this..
 5 years ago '09        #139
59fifty 
space
space
 Capimp said:
this has been a decent year but 94,95, and 96 are far beyond this year in terms of classics alone.
my n*gga those r my fav yrs n im too familiar w/ da albums fr those times n still stand by my statement
 5 years ago '11        #140
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 creep said:
don't you gotta be powerful to get to the jukebox?

I got it anyway
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy