The Verdict Is In: Good kid, M.A.A.D city is...

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,254 | Props total: 8973 8973
 South Side said:
Actually yes there is, and this is where people keep fu*king up...

A classic (adjective sense not noun) means: "Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind" - google it.

People just love playing semantics on here. Not everything is "subjective" and if english didn't play around with word definitions like it does there'd be no discussion.

Also I'm finding a lot of y'all are making this album "AOTY" mainly because you wanted it to be. You'd call it that regardless of whether it actually was or not...
So, we're using Google's search results to decide what can be a classic and what can't? You're basically telling me, with your response, there can never be a "personal classic". Personally, I haven't tagged this album with the Classic title, since I've only heard it once, but I'm not going to get at people who do. When you say it can't be subjective, I disagree. Standards are different, in my eyes, there can be no real strict criteria on what is and what isn't a classic. Personally, I view Jeezy's "The Recession" as a classic, I know a ton of people who don't. Neither sides would be wrong..........
 5 years ago '11        #62
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
n*ggas still don't know what a classic is

what impact did this album have?

How is it a classic when most people admit Backstreet freestyle and Compton is borderline wack and there's only 12 songs

What classic songs do this album have that will be remembered in hiphop forever like dead presidents, Dear mama, shook ones, life's a bi*ch or juicy

If this is a classic life is good must be a masterpiece
 5 years ago '11        #63
space
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I wasn't comparing them stylistically, I was comparing the over hyping. People were all over the sideline story official thread calling that shyt Classic too the night it dropped and saying it saved hip hop and was the best release in years.

Now people barely talk about it or admit it was mediocre, same will happen to Kendrick in a year.
one of the only people on this site with a brain
 10-18-2012, 11:44 AM         #64
Lyriceater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Too soon to call it a classic, but I've got a good feeling about this.
 5 years ago '12        #65
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 Kingpin 313 said:
n*ggas still don't know what a classic is

what impact did this album have?

How is it a classic when most people admit Backstreet freestyle and Compton is borderline wack and there's only 12 songs

What classic songs do this album have that will be remembered in hiphop forever like dead presidents, Dear mama, shook ones, life's a bi*ch or juicy

If this is a classic life is good must be a masterpiece
You are one of the dumbest mother fu*kers ever.

What impact did it have in ONE DAY?

This album has a chance to have a HUGE impact and influence on hip hop.

And if it does, and it very well could.. Then it will be considered a classic..

Album ain't even out in stores and this dumbass is askin what impact it had

5 years ago '09        #66
59fifty 
space
space
$22,721 | Props total: 10166 10166
Dis sh*t here.....................idk wut to say.......cot damn
 5 years ago '09        #67
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19388 19388
 DoMieD said:

Kingpin does it to himself
 5 years ago '06        #68
rquinlan 
space
space
space
$307 | Props total: 55 55
I just dont get anyone not loving this album. This is the best debut album weve had since Food and Liquor. Cole and Krit were supposed to debut with classics or near classic albums and failed. But Kendrick delivered. Theres something for everyone on this album, it tells a story from start to finish, I cant think of one wack verse on the album, and the beats are all fu*kin fire. This is truly an ALBUM, not just some songs thrown together. Ive played this album for a few people that arent even into rap and they all loved it. Hes become a star with this album, and he hasnt sacrificed one bit of lyrics or substance to do it. I think we're listening to the debut of one of the next greats. Ya bish
 5 years ago '11        #69
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 1225 1225
Album of the Year

ya bish
ya bish
ya bish
 5 years ago '08        #70
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,835 | Props total: 9158 9158
Of course it's a fu*king classic KING KENDRICK LAMAR... What do you think K.Dot is? A washed up Jay in 12 or a sleep inducing rapper like Cole?
 10-18-2012, 11:52 AM         #71
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ima check this out. been listening to his mix tapes lately
 5 years ago '05        #72
fatrenzo 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,058 | Props total: 4542 4542
My only question is why does almost everybody ive seen post in all the KL related threads since the leak dislike "backstreet freestyle" so much? Honest question....Just seems like that song is getting an inordinate amount of hate even from people who like the album.
 5 years ago '11        #73
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,379 | Props total: 7873 7873
Glad I grew up in the era of certified classics, cause this sh*t ain't it.... t hasn't stood the test of time of its release date, nothing groundbreaking at all... just better than the new crop of microwave rap n*ggas, that is all!!!
 5 years ago '11        #74
space
space
space
 DoMieD said:

The album not even going gold Kendrick fans even know that fu*k is you talking about f*ggot nobody cares about this album but you nerds on the internet

How is the singles doing?

A classic album with no classic songs
 5 years ago '11        #75
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 1225 1225
 Kingpin 313 said:
The album not even going gold Kendrick fans even know that fu*k is you talking about f*ggot nobody cares about this album but you nerds on the internet

This album doing at least 150k 1st week.
150k now= at least gold back when sales were better.

As for the nobody cares comment, i'm sure you said the same about Cole. Now it hurts your soul cause Cole sold and you wanted him to flop.

ya bish
 10-18-2012, 12:02 PM         #76
Trill Lord J 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t got a lot of bangers on it..

Its actually way better than I expected it to be..

bi*ch don't k!ll my vibe gonna be on repeat for a while
 5 years ago '10        #77
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,561 | Props total: 5916 5916
 psylence2k said:

my posts are not exaggerated hate lol

out all the people on here saying things like " YO THIS SHYT / ARTIST IS STRAIGHT HOT SUMMER AFTERNOON GARBAGE, I'D RATHER TO KITTENS BEING SLAUGHTERED OVER A NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD INSTRUMENTAL "

I think my criticism in comparison is pretty moderate but honest at least

but yea, I was gonna just leave this thread alone since I just gave my opinion recently in another thread buuuut since I was called out by name , I'll just reiterate

this album is really nothing special like honestly.....really.....it just isn't , I'm starting to think that the hip hop audience in general are starting to lower their standards, if you guys keep praising albums like this, I think we should seriously to consider a new ratings system by separating different eras of classics because everything that comes out nowadays from someone half decent that doesn't sell out too much is automatically labeled a classic 10 minutes after it leaks.

I mean c'mon the phuck on , you have cats saying shyt like

" Dawg, I'm only half way through track 2 but this shyt is definitely a CLASSIC !!! "

I listened to the album a few times, even went as far as to read lyrics to make sure I wasn't missing anything, went back through the threads and saw all the tracks people were hyping went BACK and listened to those again ( Sherane, Back Seat Freestyle, Art of PP, Money Trees, Poetic Justice) , and NOTHING captivated me , I'm just being honest, you can go ahead and crucify me for giving my 2 cents.

The last album to really impress me was " The Cool" from Lupe.

This is no where near that and you guys know this, people are just caught up in the hype and DYING to find something in the currently desolate landscape of hip hop to support and latch on to to the point where I really feel people are either starting to lower their standards or brain wash themselves.

like I said, call me a hater, but phuck, that's just how I feel
You know what? I actually agree with a lot of your sentiments regarding the judgment of albums. The word " classic " gets thrown around way too often to the point that the word has almost became devoid of any meaning that it once had.

As far why people poke fun at you... it's not because of your opinions, but because it seems rare that you'll post a comment that speaks about something favorably. No offense, fam, but you and Kingpin (more so Kingpin than anyone, LOL) are like The Grinch That Stole BX.

It's like, " What do you like you? "

Just saying.
 5 years ago '04        #78
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,745 | Props total: 11526 11526
 Kingpin 313 said:

Ask a rapper named Nas about going gold off his first album.
 5 years ago '12        #79
thepoeticgoblin 
space
space
space
$355 | Props total: 8 8
Amazing album (as expected). I won't call it AOTY before it gets a few more spins but to me, personally, this will battle F&L2:1 and LIG for the title.. I don't listen to LIG that much anymore tho.

Also, nothing is classic before it gets regular spins for YEARS... Calm down, fanboys (& girls).
 5 years ago '12        #80
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
 skillahmang said:
Ask a rapper named Nas about going gold off his first album.
Nas's first album is a masterpiece though
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy