The Verdict Is In: Good kid, M.A.A.D city is...

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #41
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Cooked Brickz said:
Too bad no one's going to be playing it a month from now like Cole and K.R.I.T's albums. Seriously, when was the last time a thread was made for those 2? Exactly.

A month from now you guys will overrate another new rapper, hype up their upcoming album and label it a classic after its been leaked for an hour.
KRIT doesn't appeal to me to be completely honest

and Cole album had a mixtape feel to it
 5 years ago '10        #42
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
This album is how Cole World should of been an instant classic
 5 years ago '04        #43
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 ballergenetics said:
psylence2k bout to drop one of his over the top, exaggerated hate posts...
 ballergenetics said:
He left, but he'll be back...
 Ant McQueen said:
You know how he does.

my posts are not exaggerated hate lol

out all the people on here saying things like " YO THIS SHYT / ARTIST IS STRAIGHT HOT SUMMER AFTERNOON GARBAGE, I'D RATHER TO KITTENS BEING SLAUGHTERED OVER A NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD INSTRUMENTAL "

I think my criticism in comparison is pretty moderate but honest at least

but yea, I was gonna just leave this thread alone since I just gave my opinion recently in another thread buuuut since I was called out by name , I'll just reiterate

this album is really nothing special like honestly.....really.....it just isn't , I'm starting to think that the hip hop audience in general are starting to lower their standards, if you guys keep praising albums like this, I think we should seriously to consider a new ratings system by separating different eras of classics because everything that comes out nowadays from someone half decent that doesn't sell out too much is automatically labeled a classic 10 minutes after it leaks.

I mean c'mon the phuck on , you have cats saying shyt like

" Dawg, I'm only half way through track 2 but this shyt is definitely a CLASSIC !!! "

I listened to the album a few times, even went as far as to read lyrics to make sure I wasn't missing anything, went back through the threads and saw all the tracks people were hyping went BACK and listened to those again ( Sherane, Back Seat Freestyle, Art of PP, Money Trees, Poetic Justice) , and NOTHING captivated me , I'm just being honest, you can go ahead and crucify me for giving my 2 cents.

The last album to really impress me was " The Cool" from Lupe.

This is no where near that and you guys know this, people are just caught up in the hype and DYING to find something in the currently desolate landscape of hip hop to support and latch on to to the point where I really feel people are either starting to lower their standards or brain wash themselves.

like I said, call me a hater, but phuck, that's just how I feel
 5 years ago '09        #44
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,242 | Props total: 19352 19352
If n*ggas feel it's a classic let them feel that

Back when LIG came out i played it a few times i called it a classic and i stand by that i still play that sh*t alot sh*t has plenty of replay value for me...Sometimes tho people have knee-jerk reactions to certain albums then later change there initial thoughts on a album a few weeks later sh*t just happens like that sometimes i try not fall into that trap.
 5 years ago '04        #45
TheAnswer1313 
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 93 93
The people that complain when people called anything a classic just might be worse then the people that call everything they hear a classic on first listen.
 5 years ago '08        #46
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,567 | Props total: 2398 2398
Let psylence cook.
 5 years ago '10        #47
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
 Zaosyn said:
That wasn't a classic though
Yes it is. Considered a classic by a sh*tload of people.

You are the biggest Blu hater on the planet earth though, every time someone says something about Blu you pop up with the hate.

Do something else but hate on one rapper constantly, makes you look like a tool bro. Nobody takes you seriously anymore.
 5 years ago '11        #48
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 MemphBleek05 said:
There is no clear definition to "Classic". It's all subjective, based on your opinion.
Actually yes there is, and this is where people keep fu*king up...

A classic (adjective sense not noun) means: "Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind" - google it.

People just love playing semantics on here. Not everything is "subjective" and if english didn't play around with word definitions like it does there'd be no discussion.

Also I'm finding a lot of y'all are making this album "AOTY" mainly because you wanted it to be. You'd call it that regardless of whether it actually was or not...
 5 years ago '12        #49
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
I'm not sure it's even better than Control System
 5 years ago '04        #50
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Cooked Brickz said:
Let psylence cook.
Flame me

If I'm gonna be one of the few people on here not dropping their standards and not following the bandwagon buzz then phuck it.

at the end of the day , I'm not out there supporting some garbage artist while saying Kendrick is mediocre.

the last two artists to really impress me in the past 5-7 years is Lupe and Budden

this over hype reminds me of J.Cole's debut, shyt is like the Sideline Story part 2.
 5 years ago '04        #51
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
You can't let over excited kids opinions influence your own opinion on the music. Like I said, this is a AOTY contender no matter how you slice it. Btw....Backseat Freestyle & Art of Peer Pressure are 2 of the weaker songs on the album.

I have no problem with people saying this is an AOTY , I would actually agree with that sentiment because besides Life is Good, I can't really think of too many decently good albums that dropped this year.

but this proves my point, people are elevating mediocrity and praising it simply because the game right now is an extremely desolate state in terms of quality albums.

Just because we've been force fed TV dinners for the vast majority of the last few years , dont get your hands on some McDonalds and call that shyt a 5 Star Gourmet Meal.
 5 years ago '04        #52
R.O.B 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$650 | Props total: 111 111
I wasnt even a fan of dude for real, but I've been playing this $hit nonstop for 2 days...

-No corny punchlines/hashtag raps
-No pop/techno/radio songs, and beats
-No features for the sake of putting a nicca on a track, and it doesnt make sense

-Great Storytelling
-The whole project rides from Start -> Finish
-Every song/interlude/outro ties in with the next.
-Great Production
 5 years ago '04        #53
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
This sh*t is nothing like Coles album either...
I'm done..
I wasn't comparing them stylistically, I was comparing the over hyping. People were all over the sideline story official thread calling that shyt Classic too the night it dropped and saying it saved hip hop and was the best release in years.

Now people barely talk about it or admit it was mediocre, same will happen to Kendrick in a year.
 5 years ago '12        #54
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
Nowhere near a classic, This happens every single album on BX that came out except for C4.

n*ggaz hailed albums like

Watch the throne
Take care
Sideline story

Etc classics when they first came out and then when you asked them 2 months later they don't fu*k with 65% of the album
 5 years ago '07        #55
bx kid 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,210 | Props total: 1269 1269
Aoty hands down!!!
 5 years ago '09        #56
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,242 | Props total: 19352 19352
idk why people think the game is in such a terrible state...man is 2011 slept on plenty of dope a.ss albums came out that year imo 2012 was looking kinda weak but it's been picking up some steam imo by the end of the year it should be good
 5 years ago '06        #57
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,220 | Props total: 4507 4507
Great album,I think if he added "cartoons and cereal" it would be without a doubt classic,aoty for me,maybe a classic,I'm not gonna say it right now,do u guys count the bonus tracks as being part of the album?
 5 years ago '12        #58
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
I am a huge Kendrick fan.. Probably supported him before a lot of you.. And this album is solid.. Lacks wordplay and rhymes at times, but I wouldn't call it a classic yet.

The flow, delivery (top notch) energy, and charisma really outshines the lack of "wow" rhymes tho

Not quite as creAtive as S80 either.. But I will say its still up there as one of the most creative and unique albums of the yesr

Some of the choruses are def lackluster IMO too

Last edited by DoMieD; 10-18-2012 at 11:45 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #59
Canquain 12 heat pts12
space
space
$324 | Props total: 2 2
 illhavok said:
I know this is going to sound kinda crazy, but his flow, delivery and the way he did the whole story about his families struggles and with his homies riding thru compton doing what they do was just dope.

One of my favorite hip hop albums of all time. K. Dot delivered and this is what hip hop needs. This n*gga brought back the true essence of the hip-hop story telling elements. n*gga came so raw on every track and the way the tracks were mastered had my mind blown while I was gone off that sour kush!! Thank u K. Dot for bringing back hip hop again and also being from the westcoast!!
Word! This sh*t is a classic tho! I don't care what ya'll other n*ggas yappin bout.
 5 years ago '10        #60
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,848 | Props total: 8205 8205
Been a good year for hip hop!

There's still a few more albums comin out. So, we can't really have a debate for was album of the year year yet. Still some gems on the way
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy