The Verdict Is In: Good kid, M.A.A.D city is...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
Maaad Man 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,143 | Props total: 46 46
It hasn't even been a full 24 hrs since the leak. Chill with the hyperbole.

It's a lot better than the recent selection of albums released though.
 5 years ago '12        #22
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 1037 1037
Wow, these n*ggas really do think this sh*t is a classic
 5 years ago '10        #23
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,562 | Props total: 5927 5927
 ballergenetics said:
I was thinkin' this last night, how dude kinda reminds me of a 1 man Outkast. Not quality level (yet) relax haters, but just with how original/unique his sound is.
He's rhythmically flexible. Does a great job of bending his words to make 'em fit in a line and arranging his syllables.
 5 years ago '12        #24
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,743 | Props total: 610 610
It's a good album but not classic
 5 years ago '09        #25
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 Dee352 said:
It's a good album but not classic
 5 years ago '09        #26
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
 freshprinceoba said:
Last classic debut was Below The Heavens imo, we'll see if this is as good in a couple of years

To soon to call it a classic
That wasn't a classic though

and this isn't either.
 5 years ago '12        #27
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,836 | Props total: 1749 1749
Man yall n*ggas about to make me break my promise of not listening till Sunday night

Only a couple more days though
 5 years ago '11        #28
KING JAYY 536 heat pts536
space
space
$52,334 | Props total: 20067 20067
Better than section 80 and i fu*ked with section 80 hard
 5 years ago '06        #29
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,357 | Props total: 835 835
Great album but only time will tell if its gonna be considered a classic to me
 5 years ago '11        #30
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
I swear no matter what release it is on here there's always a thread a day later labeling it a "classic." You n*ggas man...
 5 years ago '05        #31
illhavok 2 heat pts
space
space
$342 | Props total: 1 1
I know this is going to sound kinda crazy, but his flow, delivery and the way he did the whole story about his families struggles and with his homies riding thru compton doing what they do was just dope.

One of my favorite hip hop albums of all time. K. Dot delivered and this is what hip hop needs. This n*gga brought back the true essence of the hip-hop story telling elements. n*gga came so raw on every track and the way the tracks were mastered had my mind blown while I was gone off that sour kush!! Thank u K. Dot for bringing back hip hop again and also being from the westcoast!!
 5 years ago '10        #32
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 illhavok said:
I know this is going to sound kinda crazy, but his flow, delivery and the way he did the whole story about his families struggles and with his homies riding thru compton doing what they do was just dope.

One of my favorite hip hop albums of all time. K. Dot delivered and this is what hip hop needs. This n*gga brought back the true essence of the hip-hop story telling elements. n*gga came so raw on every track and the way the tracks were mastered had my mind blown while I was gone off that sour kush!! Thank u K. Dot for bringing back hip hop again and also being from the westcoast!!

it's been out for one day.
 5 years ago '05        #33
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,295 | Props total: 1106 1106
I didnt have any hype for this and didnt think Kendrick could make a complete album (Never listened to Section 80) but this album is incredible
 5 years ago '07        #34
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,719 | Props total: 17971 17971
i have never listened to an album one time and the word "classic" has came to mind.

i have never listened to an album months later and the word "classic" has came to mind.

i have never listened to an album a year later and the word "classic" has came to mind.

a classic is something you listen to a few years down the road and then think "man this is a classic album"
 5 years ago '07        #35
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Mocking Mind said:
Not a classic tho.
 Robert Roofus said:
Wow, these n*ggas really do think this sh*t is a classic
if n*ggaz can call the documentary a classic

this sh*t is leaps and bound better just doesn't have the singles that album had

On some pure spitting painting pictures not over exaggerating reality type sh*t this is up there

fam
 5 years ago '05        #36
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,254 | Props total: 8977 8977
 Flawless Image said:
i have never listened to an album one time and the word "classic" has came to mind.

i have never listened to an album months later and the word "classic" has came to mind.

i have never listened to an album a year later and the word "classic" has came to mind.

a classic is something you listen to a few years down the road and then think "man this is a classic album"
There is no clear definition to "Classic". It's all subjective, based on your opinion.
 5 years ago '07        #37
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 NO RELIGION said:
Album is a classic after 1 spin??????
I been listening to this album for the past 18 hrs...I fell asleep listening to this sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #38
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
swimming pool is a DOPE a.ss track. crazy thing is it actually got voted on 106 park.
 5 years ago '08        #39
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
Too bad no one's going to be playing it a month from now like Cole and K.R.I.T's albums. Seriously, when was the last time a thread was made for those 2? Exactly.

A month from now you guys will overrate another new rapper, hype up their upcoming album and label it a classic after its been leaked for an hour.
 5 years ago '05        #40
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,254 | Props total: 8977 8977
 Cooked Brickz said:
Too bad no one's going to be playing it a month from now like Cole and K.R.I.T's albums. Seriously, when was the last time a thread was made for those 2? Exactly.

A month from now you guys will overrate another new rapper, hype up their upcoming album and label it a classic after its been leaked for an hour.
Who called KRIT or Cole's albums instant classics? Cole's was pretty underwhelming from the jump. KRIT's was straight, I actually bought the album, play it from time to time...but the mixtapes were way better.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy