10/21 : The Mustache Massacre : Jacksonville Jaguars Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #21
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 theFREAK said:
Mike Mularkey wants Blade Gabberd to run more often

he wants blaine to run more?

getting the offense ready for geno next year
 10-18-2012, 02:54 AM         #22
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mike Mularkey is clueless

This guy is allergic to the screen pass. After the Bengals were pinning their ears back to sack Blade Gabberd all game, does he call one screen pass or one draw play to stop the track meet? No. Meanwhile, Dirk Koetter, blamed for the Jaguars bad offense last year, is leading the Falcons' play making offense and leads the league in most yards gained via the screen pass.

No matter though, keep giving bad advice Mularkey. All part of the plan: Geno-cide.

Get that number one pick, fire the GM, hire new GM who hires his own new coach, who picks his own new QB = GENO.
 5 years ago '11        #23
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,180 | Props total: 17545 17545
We can take this fellas, obv. the Jags are in Geno mode right now
 5 years ago '07        #24
theFREAK 3680 heat pts3680 OP
space
space
$53,658 | Props total: 38449 38449
Two of the weakest teams in the NFL will meet in Oakland on Sunday, when the Jaguars and Raiders f!ght to stay out of the basement. Oakland has a 4-point advantage against the Jaguars, according to OddsShark.

The Jaguars will arrive in Oakland winners of four straight (four against the spread, as well) over the Raiders.The Raiders haven't beaten the Jags since 1996, their first meeting. Oakland's defense and the steady improvement of quarterback Carson Palmer have helped the Raiders hit the over on eight of their last 12 games, but the Raiders 2-4 against the spread in 2012.

Jacksonville has struggled to find points this season, but especially on the road, and the Jaguars hit the under in seven of their last 10 road games. Not that the Raiders have been a reliable pick at home: they're 3-5-1 against the spread at home in their last nine.

5 years ago '11        #26
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,180 | Props total: 17545 17545
 theFREAK said:

so for curry, is he doubtful? Questionable?\

EDIT: I'm reading ESPN article now
 5 years ago '07        #27
space
space
Mike Brisiel expects to play Sunday against Jacksonville Jaguars

[pic - click to view]

ALAMEDA -- Right guard Mike Brisiel has passed all tests necessary to be available to start against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.

Brisiel was cleared by the medical staff and had limited participation in a padded practice Wednesday. In cases of previous concussions to Jon Condo and Brandon Myers, the players did little more than run around as part of the process to be cleared.

"I did what I was supposed to do, and they allowed me to practice so I'm not going to miss any time," Brisiel said.

Brisiel remembers little of what happened other than attempting to make a block on a screen pass to running back Mike Goodson that covered 37 yards Sunday against Atlanta.

"I went down and cut-blocked a linebacker. He kneed me in the back of the head, and I kind of went bubbly for a second," Brisiel said. Alex Parsons finished the game for Brisiel at right guard.

With center Stefen Wisniewski missing the opener with a calf injury and Khalif Barnes going down in Week 2 with a groin injury, the Raiders have yet to play a full game with all five of the team's projected starters.

Barnes, who underwent what the club called a "procedure" not long after the injury, is still not practicing, with Willie Smith likely starting his third straight game. Smith has struggled the past two games.

"He's getting a crash course, and he's got to learn fast," coach Dennis Allen said of Smith. "We're going to continue to put him out there and let him keep getting better.

5 years ago '07        #28
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
if the raiders don't beat the jaguars i will have the shame and disappointment that only a asain father can have
 5 years ago '07        #29
space
space
Maurice Jones-Drew returns to Bay Area seeking a win

[pic - click to view]

When we last saw Maurice Jones-Drew at O.co Coliseum, he rushed for 142 yards, two touchdowns and set up his team's first score by intercepting a Dennis Dixon pass and returning it 36 yards to the 1-yard line.

De La Salle High-Concord beat San Leandro 42-14 for the North Coast Section 4A championship, the Spartans' 11th straight NCS title and 139th consecutive victory.

That was Dec. 7, 2002, when the Raiders were poised to win their third straight AFC West title and Jones-Drew was about to move on to UCLA and eventually the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Bay Area hasn't been nearly as kind over the past 10 years in terms of wins and losses.

"My record is like 1-4 right now, so that's not a good thing," Jones-Drew said Wednesday by conference call.

UCLA lost at Stanford and to Fresno State in the Silicon Valley Bowl in San Jose in 2003, lost to Cal in Berkeley in 2004 and won at Stanford in 2005. The Jaguars lost 20-3 to the 49ers in San Francisco in 2009.

A Raiders fan growing up in Antioch -- his favorite player was running back Napoleon Kaufman -- Jones-Drew will be the focal point of the Oakland defense Sunday. At 27, Jones-Drew is 15 pounds heavier at 210 pounds than the last time he played in Oakland.

Still 5-foot-7, though.

His height was supposed to be a weakness when 59 players went before Jones-Drew in the 2005 NFL draft. As a franchise record 1,606 yards rushing demonstrated in
Advertisement
2011, and 4,321 yards over the past three seasons, Jones-Drew may be a short running back, but he's not a small one.

"He's so compact, he's really hard to knock off his feet," Raiders coach Dennis Allen said. "He bounces around in there like a pinball and keeps his balance and keeps going."

Jones-Drew leads Jacksonville (1-4) with 409 yards rushing, a good chunk of those yards coming with a 177-yard game in a 22-17 win over Indianapolis. He's ranked 14th in the NFL in rushing but has accounted for 41 percent of the Jaguars' offense with 494 total yards.

"We've gotten down pretty quickly in games, and we've had to throw the ball to get back in it so that's why you see 12 carries or 13 carries," Jones-Drew said. "Our game plan is to stick to what we do best and be balanced on offense."

That means run Jones-Drew early and often and give second-year quarterback Blaine Gabbert more desirable down-and-distance situations.

The Raiders were solid against the run last week in Atlanta, holding Michael Turner to 33 yards on 11 carries and the Falcons to 45 yards on 15 attempts.

"We had Turner first and now we've got Jones-Drew, same kind of guy," Raiders safety Tyvon Branch said. "It's going to take a lot of swarming and gang-tackling. He's a good back, one of the best in the league.

"Atlanta's a pass-first offense, and with the Jaguars, they run first. With a guy like Jones-Drew, they want to give him the ball as much as they can."

Jones-Drew missed almost all of training camp because of a contract issue, wanting to renegotiate a five-year deal that had already paid him $21.3 million over three seasons, putting him in line with running backs such as Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson. He'll make $4.45 million this season.

Jacksonville coach Mike Mularkey said by conference call the absence hurt Jones-Drew's "football" conditioning and delayed his a.ssimilation into a new offensive system, but now thinks he's up to speed.

Jones disagrees.

"It didn't hurt at all," he said. "I've been playing football for a long time, so more than anything, it didn't allow me to take those unnecessary hits you get during training camp and OTAs and things like that. I was much fresher coming in.

"I trained while I was away just as if I was in training camp, two or three a days, or whatever I could to keep my body, so when I did come back I could be in the best shape possible."

Jones-Drew expects about 50 friends and family to attend Sunday's game and is hopeful one of those will be De La Salle coach Bob Ladouceur.

"All my family members told me I need to focus so I'm not going to see them until the game," Jones-Drew said. "That's how they are -- they're big football fanatics and they want to see me be successful ... a bunch of 'em are Raiders fans. They're going to be torn, but I hope they choose the right way."

MJD for McFadden straight up

Last edited by theFREAK; 10-18-2012 at 02:59 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #30
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #31
space
space
Raiders: Defense preparing for Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew

[pic - click to view]

Last week the Raiders' defense throttled red-hot QB Matt Ryan and the Falcons' explosive aerial attack, intercepting three passes and allowing just 249 passing yards.

This week against Jacksonville, Oakland's defense will have to switch gears and prepare to face Maurice Jones-Drew, one of the NFL's top running backs.

Jones-Drew is the closest thing to a one-man offense that there is in the NFL. He has accounted for 41.0 percent of the Jaguars' offense with 408 rushing yards and 86 receiving yards. Seattle RB Marshawn Lynch ranks second at 34.3 percent. Last year Jones-Drew accounted for a league-best 47.7 percent of his team's offense.

"He's one of the best backs in the league," Raiders S Tyvon Branch said. "He's always on TV, so that means something. We're going to have to bring our 'A' game."

Jones-Drew presence on film is all a coach needs to see to react like Raiders' coach Dennis Allen.

"He does a lot of things really well," Allen said. "He's got great balance, he's tough. He's very quick. He's explosive into the hole, does a nice job in the passing game, catching the ball, as well as in protection. He's an extreme talent that will be a challenge for us."

At just 5-foot-7 and 210 pounds, Drew is compact and low to the ground. He's small enough to hide behind his offensive linemen but powerful enough to run over would-be tacklers.

"He's really hard to knock off his feet," Allen said. "He bounces around in there like a pinball and keeps going."

Raiders RB Darren McFadden said he enjoys watching Jones-Drew carry the ball. "He runs the ball like a running back should," McFadden said. "He's just a hard-nosed runner."

This will be a homecoming game of sorts for Jones-Drew. He grew up in the East Bay city of Antioch and attended Concord's De La Salle High School, a local football powerhouse. He said growing up he was a big fan of Napoleon Kaufman, who was an undersized but explosive running back for the Raiders and now serves as the team pastor.

This will be Jones-Drew first time facing the Raiders in Oakland. In two previous games in Jacksonville he had 33 carries for 145 yards and two touchdowns combined. He also caught nine passes for 115 yards.

"Every game is exciting for me, more than anything," Jones-Drew said during a conference call with Bay Area reporters. "I know it's back home, which is funny, (because) all my family members, they told me I need to focus so I'm not going to see them until the game. That's how they are. They're big football fanatics, and they want to see me be successful. They don't want to be a distraction so they said they'll see me at the game."

Jones-Drew expects to have 50 people at the game. But he can't say if they will be rooting for him, or their hometown Raiders.

"They're going to be torn," he said, "but I hope they choose the right way."

During his college career at UCLA, Jones-Drew played four times in the Bay Area and won just once. Three years ago in his only NFL game in the Bay Area, Jones-Drew suffered a 20-3 loss against the 49ers.

He will not be coming home at his best, either. Jones Drew missed training camp this year when he held out for 38 days because of a contract dispute. He returned to work on Sept. 3 and has played in all five games. He's averaging 4.9 yards per carry but has only cracked the 100-yard mark once, a 177-yard rushing game against Indianapolis.

"It didn't hurt at all," Jones-Drew said of missing camp. "I've been playing football for a long time, and so I think more than anything, it didn't allow me to take those unnecessary hits you get during training camp and OTAs and things like that, so I was much fresher coming in."
We ain't worried about MJD. Gabberd about to throw for 400+

5 years ago '09        #32
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,629 | Props total: 2739 2739
 theFREAK said:
Mike Mularkey wants Blade Gabberd to run more often

He ran a 4.6 at the NFL Combine, why not run him more?
 5 years ago '07        #33
Dotel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,881 | Props total: 1293 1293
Jax needs to win this week Oakland needs to win next week.

Less competition for Geno Smith

10-18-2012, 06:19 PM         #34
cellycel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we definately need this game... hope mcfadden is ready to go
 5 years ago '07        #35
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15009 15009
 Billdotel said:
Jax needs to win this week Oakland needs to win next week.

Less competition for Geno Smith

5 years ago '07        #36
space
space
 5 years ago '07        #37
space
space
My Team Teal ‏@MyTeamTeal
Last time the @Raiders and @Jaguars met MJD and Jennings both had 100 yds rushing.
 5 years ago '08        #38
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
Crummy game of the week
 10-19-2012, 11:17 AM         #39
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eagles All Day said:
Crummy game of the week
 5 years ago '07        #40
space
space
 Eagles All Day said:
Crummy game of the week

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago