NBA 2k13 tips for sim players that play online

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM         #1
11246 pageviews
28 comments

DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NBA 2k13 tips for sim players that play online

I said that i would make a thread to help out guys that play the right way

Every year sim players step online and get abused by the "cheesers". U know, the ppl that only play with: mia, okc, the knicks or the lakers every game. These are the same guys that keep their fingers on turbo, never play man on man, and only shoot with superstar players.

I use to be u, i use to get abused and cheated for playing the game the right way. I'm passing on my techniques to real basketball fans.

First, in order to beat these guys u need to know the game of basketball. this 2k is pretty realistic. if u don't understand the game ur doomed, i suggest u become a chesser yourself.

DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- the most important thing in any sport is defense. "Defense Wins Championships" isn't just some cliche, its real. not just passive D either, u have to play intense defense all game long. be relentless, even if they take the lead...stay strong and hound them.

lay off the turbo button, unless u start to lose ur opponent and u need to stay in front of him. always hold the power defense stance button(r2). stay close ur opponent and get into his chest, show him that ur not afraid of his little corny dribble moves or his player blowing pass u and getting to the hole. move side to side like a linebacker and cut ur opponent off and also anticipate his movements. these guys are predictable so if they're left trust me they'll move right...etc...u get the picture

i play mostly man but i use zone to. if u have to, use zone all u want and shut those superstars down. watch out for the open shooters tho....and you'll also give up some offense rebounds ....but its effective

POST GAME - add a post game, old school back to the basket style post moves. i run with the nets so im blessed to have Brooke Lopez. practice ur post moves and learn how to twist and turn and use fakes to. just mix it up.

MID RANGE GAME - OK i understand the mid range game died in the nba in the 2000s and now its slowly coming back. so many ppl don't care about mid range jump shots. try to shoot open mid range jumpers. add in fadeaways, hop step jumpers and leaners to. the key is creating space. any shot that's not open is a bad shot remember that.

EFFICIENCY - this is the most important offensive tip I can give u. efficiency is the key. that means no turnovers, try to make ALL ur free throws. take high % shots all the time, every shot that u take should either be wide out, in the post or driving to the hole. always play intense D and crash the boards. if u can get high % shots, not turn the ball over, shut ur opponent offense down and out rebound him chances are you'll win 90% of the time

SLOW THE GAME DOWN - all cheesers like to run and gun. make them play half court basketball. control the tempo and make them score in the half court instead of the fastbreak. the cool thing about this is it'll open up ur fastbreak opportunities. after u get a bucket ALWAYS GET BACK ON D...because they'll either cherry pick or pass to a open big man.

REBOUNDING - use L2 to box out and get good position, RBing is about positioning not jumping ability ...ex: kevin love, zbo, gasol, bynum

MAKE THE GAME UGLY - yeah i know everybody want to be cool and get dunks, alleys etc.....BUT if u want to win u need to become basic (read the EFFICIENCY part) until u get a comfortable lead....then its showtime...but be smart and patient , nobody wants to be the guy that brags and show replays and end up losing by 15. always out hustle and grind ur opponent. take their will and make them quit mentally....the spurs and celtics aren't great teams for no reason

LESS 3PT SHOTS- only them them if ur dead open period

DON'T BE AFRAID TO ABUSE EXPLOITS YOURSELF - im not saying cheese but if they give u open after basket fastbreaks take them, if u have a go to move or play that work...use it whenever.

Last edited by DrX; 10-15-2012 at 03:27 PM..

28 comments for "NBA 2k13 tips for sim players that play online"

5 years ago '08        #2
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
We dont take advice from team witness...
 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM         #3
Kuchiki_Byakuya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can you play 4-player local co-op on the same 360 with 2k13?
 10-15-2012, 03:29 PM         #4
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
feel free to add anything to help out

....i had a 86 win % in 2k11, over 800 wins in 12 and im on a 37-5 win streak in 13...and i only play with bad teams

so im certified
 5 years ago '05        #5
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 S W A N said:
Real talk, cheesers and exploits ruined my limited online experience. I harldy play any game online now. And this year makes it even worst for strictly offline players because you only get vc by playing online. Hate the money grabbing effort by 2k. Glad people found glitches for unlimited vc but now everyone has 99 rated players all over the place making it even less fun.
Yeah, people will always find a way. Even the option to purchase VC ruined it. I admit that I did buy the 10,000 VC for $5 (it's nothing. I'd rather pay for that then for a parking ticket). However, I only did it to buy some random clothes and skill points. Didn't max them or anything. But then again, that in itself is sad. Why the hell I paid $5 to dress up a virtual character and make him a better basketball player is beyond my logic. Guess 2K succeeded in fooling idiots like me
 5 years ago '09        #6
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,826 | Props total: 1038 1038
I havnt really played online. But played thunder played good but damn durant playing off playing runnin thru screens hittin 3s
 5 years ago '12        #7
Southwick 
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 389 389
 S W A N said:
Real talk, cheesers and exploits ruined my limited online experience. I harldy play any game online now. And this year makes it even worst for strictly offline players because you only get vc by playing online. Hate the money grabbing effort by 2k. Glad people found glitches for unlimited vc but now everyone has 99 rated players all over the place making it even less fun.
I'm a strictly offline player. I play a.ssociation and I still earn VC.
 5 years ago '12        #8
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 1628 1628
 AuthenticMade said:
Wait wow people consider my Knicks 'cheesers'?

I been playing with my Knicks since SNES bball games and I've gotten picked on for the past 20 years because of it and now were called cheesers.

Holy sh*t New York we made it

Not trying to derail your thread, I just seriously never heard that before...hell I still got people who try and clown me now when I pick my Knicks, till they lose lol
Melo is damn near a cheat code when in the right hands.
 5 years ago '12        #9
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,575 | Props total: 5031 5031
My record has taken a turn for the worst so this is helpful. I like to run w/ the Grizzlies but from time to time I like to change it up to the T'wolves, Nuggets.
 5 years ago '06        #10
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
50-9 who want it
 5 years ago '11        #11
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,189 | Props total: 5336 5336
 Left Hook said:
Yeah, people will always find a way. Even the option to purchase VC ruined it. I admit that I did buy the 10,000 VC for $5 (it's nothing. I'd rather pay for that then for a parking ticket). However, I only did it to buy some random clothes and skill points. Didn't max them or anything. But then again, that in itself is sad. Why the hell I paid $5 to dress up a virtual character and make him a better basketball player is beyond my logic. Guess 2K succeeded in fooling idiots like me
 5 years ago '12        #12
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,803 | Props total: 1724 1724
List is pretty dead on.
 5 years ago '12        #13
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$16,224 | Props total: 1386 1386
 AuthenticMade said:
Wait wow people consider my Knicks 'cheesers'?

I been playing with my Knicks since SNES bball games and I've gotten picked on for the past 20 years because of it and now were called cheesers.

Holy sh*t New York we made it

Not trying to derail your thread, I just seriously never heard that before...hell I still got people who try and clown me now when I pick my Knicks, till they lose lol
JR Smith whose been overpowered for the past 2k's and gets his Bron on by going through the defense and dunking on n*ggas... Auto from 3

Novak auto from 3

Melo auto from 3/see Jr Smith

Shrump: see JR Smith

Kidd auto from 3

Stat who goes through 3 defenders to dunk with the And 1

Do you want me to continue?

Knicks is type cheesey if you know how to use them.

I do but I stay away from them online.
 5 years ago '12        #14
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$16,224 | Props total: 1386 1386
Actually Ive been beating Knick users a.sses with the Nuggets and shutting down every player for 20+pt wins against the Knicks with holding them to barely 40% FG shooting...

Melo doesn't do sh*t against Iggy.
 5 years ago '05        #15
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
Knicks cheesers are bad, but they can be contained. Kept them under 50 with the Bulls and won by like 20 points.
 5 years ago '12        #16
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 1628 1628
I've beat the Heat and Lakers more times than I beat the Knicks.
 5 years ago '06        #17
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16
Have you run into the player that uses an aggressive full court trap and double teams everyone at any position on the court?
 5 years ago '12        #18
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
Is this thread serious?

What tips did you even give? I mean everything you just said is common sense with basic basketball knowledge

Are you 12?

Last edited by DoMieD; 10-16-2012 at 09:03 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #19
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 Kastanova said:
Actually Ive been beating Knick users a.sses with the Nuggets and shutting down every player for 20+pt wins against the Knicks with holding them to barely 40% FG shooting...

Melo doesn't do sh*t against Iggy.
nuggets is the sleeper team in 2k.

I also beat someone who was 7-0 with the lakers with the kings. The kings nice too especially if Marcus gets hot.
 10-26-2012, 09:36 PM         #20
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
update:

beat the zone by calling picks behind the 3pt line with ur pg....but call an iso before u do it....drive to the hoop and kick it out to ur best 3pt shooters
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago